PDA

View Full Version : What does it take to get a nice Cyber Rig?

Br3ach
09-18-2015, 12:49 PM
While I've played Defiance for a good while, I just started doing expeditions a couple of weeks ago. Most of my rounds have been at tier 23-26, but I played 5 rounds with some friends and we were up to tier 34. It was pretty damn brutal. While I haven't played much- I have yet to see an OJ anything in expeditions. We were getting epic chips & weapons that day, but for the most part I see blue junk.

I have bought 4 lockboxes from the bit store and every last one produced a blue cyber rig- so I will waste not another penny on those...

My question to you grizzled old veterans- How do I get a nice cyber rig? Is there some way or formula to get them?

David Irwin
09-18-2015, 01:22 PM
I've almost got my hellbug expo complete, I've earned enough cerleium cores to get a paradise weapon and all the mods, but I have only gotten 2 oj chips,.. but I never play past round 3-5 (tier 20- 30 ish).. cause it just takes to long. most people that have good rigs have played heavy into the higher rounds I'm pretty sure.

Sevrin
09-18-2015, 01:49 PM
I have been in a lot of Expeditions. The OJ drops from the start have always been very, very low. But since the Supreme weapons came out, they seen to have fallen off even more. For example, during the last week, I have been in with two teams that have played 8+ rounds tier 23 to 30+. Each time, I stopped somewhere around the four-hour mark. To my knowledge and recollection there were no OJ rigs and, maybe, one OJ chip picked up (much less a Supreme, lol). I did get an OJ nano-less sub-carbine after one boss fight at round 9, tier 31 or 32. It was my impression that after round three OJs were supposed to start dropping. But I haven't seen that lately.

Bottom line, based on my current experience, OJ rigs are just hard if not nearly impossible to come by. Maybe that's working as intended...I just hope not and that some adjustments will be made.

Edit: After reading my own post, I think it's only fair to point out that since the inception of Expeditions, I have picked up 4 OJ rigs and I know others have more.

Trick83
09-18-2015, 01:52 PM
2 ways:

1. Lots of bits for HRs/Boxes and luck.
2. Lots of waiting for the freebie HRs and luck.

My best rig is laughable on a good day. It's an "end-game grind", but it all comes down to if RNGesus accepts your sacrifice.

Lithova
09-18-2015, 02:05 PM
The reward drops from anything in game have greatly decreased, all to place a strangle hold on the in game economy and push players to bit store purchases. Its an aggressive pay wall behind micro transactions...sadly people will continue to pay for poor content. But don't worry you'll be reminded of the small and diverse team struggling to manage this game.

edited to add...working as intended.

Olaf
09-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Rigs should be tradeable considering how hard they are to come by. I know a lot of people who I would be more than happy to give a rig too if I was able to. And yeah since supreme update it seems the drop rate has been ninjad.

Lithova
09-18-2015, 02:15 PM
^^^ that won't happen cause its cut into their bottom line, if people were capable of trading rigs no one would bother to pay for HR's or Chip Pullers thus loss of revenue for the bean counters

Olaf
09-18-2015, 02:16 PM
^^^ that won't happen cause its cut into their bottom line, if people were capable of trading rigs no one would bother to pay for HR's or Chip Pullers thus loss of revenue for the bean counters

Simple answer would be to make ONLY OJ rigs tradeable but keep chips untradeable unless placed inside the OJ rig at trade.

David Irwin
09-18-2015, 02:17 PM
I know for myself and some of my friends we only hit expos to grab the weekly contracts, and I've come to pretty much expect nothing. considering expos are technically paid content you would think they would be far more rewarding than they are.

wuzup916
09-18-2015, 02:36 PM
Here's some tips from someone who pulled 7 oj rigs plus to many oj chips to count..

1. pure luck and RNGesus
2. get a patron pass because 3 coins a week is not enough you'll probably use them all on one run
3. expeditions is gonna be your new "favorite" game mode lol
4. pure luck and RNGesus
5. don't be afraid to solo expeditions, it's 10x easier to solo tier 27+ then it is with a group(IMO)
6. there's no timer in expeditions so you can take your time with EVERY battle(rushing and losing a coin is not worth it)
7. guardian angel/survivor shield is highly recommended for higher rounds(you can break your own shield to get your self revive back)
8. pure luck and RNGesus
9. Kill every enemy before you go for the boss(there is more than one wave that triggers on the boss health)
10. learn/befriend someone that's experienced in expeditions to teach you some basic tactics and tricks on the maps

Everyone excepts to get a oj rig only after a couple games and this game don't work like that.. there's been days where i got pass tier 30 with no type of oj drops at all and other days where i start pulling in the early 20's.. So the final tip is the more you play the more chance you'll get the oj drops you want..

Olaf
09-18-2015, 03:51 PM
Here's some tips from someone who pulled 7 oj rigs plus to many oj chips to count..

1. pure luck and RNGesus
2. get a patron pass because 3 coins a week is not enough you'll probably use them all on one run
3. expeditions is gonna be your new "favorite" game mode lol
4. pure luck and RNGesus
5. don't be afraid to solo expeditions, it's 10x easier to solo tier 27+ then it is with a group(IMO)
6. there's no timer in expeditions so you can take your time with EVERY battle(rushing and losing a coin is not worth it)
7. guardian angel/survivor shield is highly recommended for higher rounds(you can break your own shield to get your self revive back)
8. pure luck and RNGesus
9. Kill every enemy before you go for the boss(there is more than one wave that triggers on the boss health)
10. learn/befriend someone that's experienced in expeditions to teach you some basic tactics and tricks on the maps

Everyone excepts to get a oj rig only after a couple games and this game don't work like that.. there's been days where i got pass tier 30 with no type of oj drops at all and other days where i start pulling in the early 20's.. So the final tip is the more you play the more chance you'll get the oj drops you want..

Number 7 is a great bit of advice. I have a load out purely for regeneration of my self revive. When I loose my revive, switch to my iron survivor, bloodhound, spanner load out to break/repair shield. Clever use of game mechanics if you ask me.

Rashere
09-18-2015, 04:05 PM
Some insights:

Legendary items can only come off the end bosses of expeditions.
Bosses drop 3 items. At least one of them is always a rig or chip. The other 2 can be a shield, weapon, mod, chip, or rig.
Legendaries start dropping in expeditions at tier 20 but the chance is low. As the tier and round increases, the chance goes up.
Around Tier 30, the chance of getting at least one legendary off the boss is higher than any other content in the game.
Any of the 3 drops can be a legendary. It's possible, though unlikely, that all 3 will be.
Starting at Tier 30, Round 8, the boss can also drop a supreme. This is in addition to the other 3 drops.

Olaf
09-18-2015, 04:08 PM
Some insights:

- Legendary items can only come off the end bosses of expeditions.
- Bosses drop 3 items. At least one of them is always a rig or chip. The other 2 can be a shield, weapon, mod, chip, or rig.
- Legendaries start dropping in expeditions at tier 20 but the chance is low. As the tier and round increases, the chance goes up.
- Around Tier 30, the chance of getting at least one legendary off the boss is higher than any other content in the game.
- Any of the 3 drops can be a legendary. It's possible, though unlikely, that all 3 will be.
- Starting at Tier 30, Round 8, the boss can also drop a supreme. This is in addition to the other 3 drops.

Thanks for the insight, that does kinda stack up with what I have been seeing after the supreme update. No ojs at all until tier 30 (this is numerous times I've gone from rd1-8 since update on ps3 eu), but others are still managing to pull the occasional oj from 23-30.

Cobra Crusher
09-18-2015, 04:11 PM
The drops in expos are horrible now. Getting a t4 is like getting an oj now. If i want blue guns i'll open the elite box lol.

Mrdr
09-18-2015, 04:42 PM
The drops in expos are horrible now. Getting a t4 is like getting an oj now. If i want blue guns i'll open the elite box lol.

I've never seen anything better than a purple chip in expeditions. But blues man...blues are everywhere from arkfalls to expeditions and of course the elite lock boxes. The past two events were blue mod central. Tons and tons of blue mods.

Claydough
09-18-2015, 05:10 PM
Some insights:

Bosses drop 3 items. At least one of them is always a rig or chip. The other 2 can be a shield, weapon, mod, chip, or rig.
Legendaries start dropping in expeditions at tier 20 but the chance is low. As the tier and round increases, the chance goes up.
Around Tier 30, the chance of getting at least one legendary off the boss is higher than any other content in the game.
Any of the 3 drops can be a legendary. It's possible, though unlikely, that all 3 will be.
Starting at Tier 30, Round 8, the boss can also drop a supreme. This is in addition to the other 3 drops.

i still dont understand how rounds affect drops

example, round 1 tire 30 or round 30 tire 21

what happens there?

Lithova
09-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Some insights:

Ahh good then you know were to make the correct adjustments so players are properly rewarded for their efforts and time; because right now we are not. In fact I recall in previous live stream one of the dev's made a comment about "more vendor junk" rewards while in an expo. If even one of your own is making this comment that should speak volumes as to the issue with crappy rewards considering the time and effort to complete these expo's.

All we're asking for is better reward drops cause right now the majority of rewards drops are exactly what your dev referred to as...vendor junk.

Kapo
09-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Game is been to point of point less doing any daily's or ark fall even expeditions are a waste of your time , all you get for ur hours of work is vendor crap . Example I buy 64 keys once a day it takes 1month to get a OJ out of 64 keys lol and even d OJ u get is a swan cannon or a nano less sniper ppl don't even want free, game is only fun for social and some friends talk for every thing else other not money grabing games...

Gaige12
09-18-2015, 07:06 PM
Just my .02, but don't spend every waking moment in an exped focused on getting that OJ rig. You'll spend too much time trying to top it off with the min number of OJ chips to get it maxed. Yeah, you'll have an OJ rig fit, but you'll be running around with it half maxed until you get enough OJ chips.

I've been hoarding any oj chips I get for the time being, but my focus is on building the ideal t4 rig specifically for each of my 6 loadout slots.

I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but I would rather have a maxed out, effective, well built t4 than a half built t5.

my .02 anyway.

o/

NullWolf
09-18-2015, 09:24 PM
I've been through enough expeditions to complete all the HB pursuits 2 or 3 times over now and enough to be half way through the raider, mutant, and DM pursuits.

In that time I can count on 1 hand the number of oj chips and with both hands I can count the number of oj weapons and shields I've gotten. I've still yet to even glimpse a oj rig.

I can easily run up to the 30 tiers when I have the time but I honestly see no pay off in doing so.

The best benefit I see to expeditions is getting t4 mods for the standard syn weapons and even then they're starting to drop less and less for me while the amount of blues keep on increasing on every tier and round.

Chump Norris
09-18-2015, 10:08 PM
I wish there was an oj rig in the vendor, it can even cost a ridiculous amount of silicon shards.

Ashlocke
09-18-2015, 10:16 PM
All of you that have spent countless hours/days/months doing Expeditions and have nothing good to show for it, we have that in common.

The only difference between us is that I don't do Expeditions.

Something deep to think about...

Jeff Lonestar
09-19-2015, 01:27 AM
lol i play expedition practically everyday since alcatraz released, i have 5 oj rigs, over 25+ oj chips and a ton of oj weapons and shields which ive given away to group members playn Expos with me. (Gave away a Respark Blastproof V Ark even) Out of 5 oj rigs i only use 4, surprisingly the Prime oj Rig i wanted was the 1st oj rig i got. (Lots of Self revive & Health Rejuvenation slots for expos) I also made 2 Warmaster rigs & a Nano Initiator/critical hit rig.

Basically just check out all the rigs you get, even if its purple. Hell, i have a pretty sweet purple rig i still use with 6 Incendiary Intensifiers for Zombies & Mutants. Dont be afraid to experiment with purple rigs, If u dont like them u can always Break them down for shards to buy more chips. u dont need chip pullers to replace chips... save pullers for oj chips only. U can equip new chips over old chips already in the rig, the same way u can put a new mod over an old mod on a gun. Also, take the time to get familiar with What Slots on a rig do what:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/jdogggyea/chips_zpsimeiriqc.jpg

Check out all the chips in the cyber rig vendor to see what compliments your Current Loadouts, work towards a purple rig with purple chips so you can start to figure out what you want. With a lil Luck eventually u'll get an oj rig similar or even better than what u started with. Ive personally gotten Oj rigs/chips within the first few Rounds. (Rounds 2 & 3 tiers 24/25 even) Not all oj rigs will be what youre looking for, so just remember...

The More Expeditions you do, the More likely you will get an oj rig you want.

Ray8888
09-19-2015, 02:21 AM
Just my .02, but don't spend every waking moment in an exped focused on getting that OJ rig. You'll spend too much time trying to top it off with the min number of OJ chips to get it maxed. Yeah, you'll have an OJ rig fit, but you'll be running around with it half maxed until you get enough OJ chips.

I've been hoarding any oj chips I get for the time being, but my focus is on building the ideal t4 rig specifically for each of my 6 loadout slots.

I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but I would rather have a maxed out, effective, well built t4 than a half built t5.

my .02 anyway.

o/

This is what I am doing too. I dont really care about a OJ rig, they are usually balanced. I dont want balanced. I have a 6 circle purp rig right now with 5/6 purp circles and one OJ. I wanna use my keystones sure, but if I found a six hexagon slot purp I would be more excited than I would be for my first OJ rig. I could slot Defense/Offense loadouts. I already do that with the revive loadouts. Just need to find the right Purp.

stefb42
09-19-2015, 05:10 AM
I must have been lucky, got an OJ omni instigator in my 2nd or 3rd expo, really sweet rig too, 6 hex slots, and iirc 3 diamonds 3 squares and a circle, still haven't managed to totally charge it though as I only have 2 oj chip drops thus far, need another 3 or 4 (can't remember) good oj chips to reach full charge

Lamar Kendrick
09-19-2015, 05:56 AM
I wish there was an oj rig in the vendor, it can even cost a ridiculous amount of silicon shards.

amen to that. i've played 100+ expeditions on zayne and 50-70 on mikaela and not one single oj rig has appeared. until now i'm still carrying a purp lucent guardian on both toons mainly with dmg diffusors, self revive, shield recharge and shield delay (zayne uses rhino while mikaela uses ironclad). almost every one on my list has oj rigs and some has more than 10 of em so i feel left out. recently i grinded expeditions for 9 hours straight (round 15 tier 37) and only 1 oj wolfhound with nice rolls but no oj rig or chips or even supreme weapons in sight and spend around 10 hunter reqs and countless recharge of my rhino survivor to "survive". i wished i grinded expo's a little bit earlier with some folks but ever since supreme went live i get nada from it. either sell an oj rig from the vendor with ridiculous shard amount or even make a purp rig upgradable to oj then everyone will be happy heck make it 1k arkforge to upgrade a purp one to oj and i'll be more than willing to use arkforge on it

Olaf
09-19-2015, 06:01 AM
amen to that. i've played 100+ expeditions on zayne and 50-70 on mikaela and not one single oj rig has appeared. until now i'm still carrying a purp lucent guardian on both toons mainly with dmg diffusors, self revive, shield recharge and shield delay (zayne uses rhino while mikaela uses ironclad). almost every one on my list has oj rigs and some has more than 10 of em so i feel left out. recently i grinded expeditions for 9 hours straight (round 15 tier 37) and only 1 oj wolfhound with nice rolls but no oj rig or chips or even supreme weapons in sight and spend around 10 hunter reqs and countless recharge of my rhino survivor to "survive". i wished i grinded expo's a little bit earlier with some folks but ever since supreme went live i get nada from it. either sell an oj rig from the vendor with ridiculous shard amount or even make a purp rig upgradable to oj then everyone will be happy heck make it 1k arkforge to upgrade a purp one to oj and i'll be more than willing to use arkforge on it

Yeah there's no doubt drop rates have been ninjad ever since the supreme update. I'm just glad I grinded them while they were reasonable with the loot. Now though, you can usually go 10-13 rounds with 0 oj. As for supreme.....
Rashere could you please let us know what the actual drop rate % is of getting a supreme (feels like it's 0.50% chance atm)? You would have thought by now a console player would have picked one up, but it's unheard of on ps3 eu, not sure about Xbox.

Lamar Kendrick
09-19-2015, 06:23 AM
Yeah there's no doubt drop rates have been ninjad ever since the supreme update. I'm just glad I grinded them while they were reasonable with the loot. Now though, you can usually go 10-13 rounds with 0 oj

maybe it's just pure RNGesus because my clan mate earlier got 2 oj rigs in back to back expos which made me say "what am i doing wrong". and that was tier 30 while i was higher tier than that :(

then she commented about me having most of the jackpot weapons "trion said you have too much" :mad:

DEPHIC
09-19-2015, 12:57 PM
I honestly don't think I will ever get a nice oj rig from expo's. The odds on getting a oj cyber rig with decent chipset rolls and ability rolls is next to impossible. That's 3 rng's working against you. I've gotten 15 oj rigs in expos and they are all pretty much vendor fodder. Its so disappointing to get an oj rig just to find it has terrible rolls and is useless. I just use good rolled purple rigs as they are hard enough to find as it is.

SCAVENGER1
09-19-2015, 02:44 PM
I honestly don't think I will ever get a nice oj rig from expo's. The odds on getting a oj cyber rig with decent chipset rolls and ability rolls is next to impossible. That's 3 rng's working against you. I've gotten 15 oj rigs in expos and they are all pretty much vendor fodder. Its so disappointing to get an oj rig just to find it has terrible rolls and is useless. I just use good rolled purple rigs as they are hard enough to find as it is.

and i have 4 oj rigs and 2 purp i use on my 6 load outs and i have 212 hr now... cause i havent done a exped since the last time i did it with you dep. and i dont plan on doing any till the rewards really equal the time spent doing them. so far i just dont see it At All. and dep your start8ing to see what i see now .. ?

A_D3MON
09-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Yeah there's no doubt drop rates have been ninjad ever since the supreme update. I'm just glad I grinded them while they were reasonable with the loot. Now though, you can usually go 10-13 rounds with 0 oj. As for supreme.....
Rashere could you please let us know what the actual drop rate % is of getting a supreme (feels like it's 0.50% chance atm)? You would have thought by now a console player would have picked one up, but it's unheard of on ps3 eu, not sure about Xbox.

2 supremes were found on ps3 NA and 1 on pc (not sure which server)... all 3 were n hellbug hunt

Sea_Jay
09-19-2015, 04:50 PM
Your EGO should be 4,000 or higher, and you should be a Patron... Then maybe your cyber rig box purchases will have better stuff.
It is just a money Grinder to pump $$$$$ into TRION - it keeps the programmers fed & servers up and running.
I got two great 'keystone' from a lockbox, but after more than $40 of purchased cyber rigs (Free to play?!) - two purple rigs and nothing with a keystone slot.

Expeditions End Bosses are supposed to drop cyber gear, but Expeditions are long, slow, repetitive, dull, and annoying - but mostly long and slow time wasters I can't pump a week long play session into !!!

By the Divine Lights - I WISH they made a dozen Season 3 episodes as a DLC pack - I would have purchased that and happily watched / played every episode to just get more lore, backstory, and great voice acting from DEFIANCE actors...

But no - just waste of time Expeditions that no one enjoys...blaa.

I hope to pre-purchase season 4 on iTunes , and the DEFIANCE movie on BluRay.
A season 4 DLC with 12 episodes is worth $19.99 to me.

I'm not blowing more money on BITS, unless SyFy renews Defiance Season 4 soon...
As long as they support the show, I'll support the game as a patron.

SyFy ends the show, I stop paying TRION.
Seems fair to me.

DeaD BeaNz
09-20-2015, 06:40 AM
my advice be a high ego, preferrably 5500 plus. Play hellbug hunt, since i think its the easiest to get loot out of all the other expeditions since its only hellbugs you have to kill. Try getting high rounds like 8 plus. One easy method of getting to high rounds is have a friend be the party leader but his ego has to be around a 200. run through 7 rounds at easy level. then tell him to switch party leader to you. That way your immediately at round 8 tier 31 or 32. At this point it is difficult, but if you all have decoys with alot of defensive perks, you will be all fine. I preferrably like playing in the caves too. the bunker is much difficult to move around. I wont say how since thats our clan secret, but so far I pulled off like 4 OJ cyber rigs, 3 lucent guardians and 1 omni instigator. All my clan members think im lucky but oh well lol

Tiwi
09-20-2015, 06:46 AM
its really all down to luck sadly, i know plenty of oldies who still dont have an oj rig. its basicly either you get one or you dont

Lycan Nightshade
09-20-2015, 08:24 AM
It boils down to luck, pure simple luck, got an oj rig HH tier 20 something, my first round(gotta love clannie invites) his 3rd i think... crap all the way EXCEPT the oj rig by the boss.... LUCK.

Sevrin
09-20-2015, 08:42 AM

^^^^

And to top all this off, if Dephic hasn't found a good one...they probably don't even exist anyway.

Olaf
09-20-2015, 08:47 AM
^^^^

And to top all this off, if Dephic hasn't found a good one...they probably don't even exist anyway.

Nice ones do exist, you just need to play non stop to even have a chance to get a good one. I was super lucky I guess but did put a lot of game time in to get my 1.12 dmg omni. The actual bonuses aren't super good tho if that's what you are referring too. It's the only one I got with 6 dmg slots tho

Sevrin
09-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Nice ones do exist, you just need to play non stop to even have a chance to get a good one. I was super lucky I guess but did put a lot of game time in to get my 1.12 dmg omni. The actual bonuses aren't super good tho if that's what you are referring too. It's the only one I got with 6 dmg slots tho

Congratz on the rig Olaf. I've never even seen an OJ with six damage or defense slots (but I know they exist, and I do have several epic rigs with six damage slots.)

I'm thinking of the odds of getting the OJ rig in the first place, then getting good chip configuration; then getting the right OJ chips to fully charge it to its maximum and then getting the right passive mix. Given the RNG, I can't even conceive of the amount of time it would take to get this. But yea it's possible, I guess.

Olaf
09-20-2015, 09:25 AM
Congratz on the rig Olaf. I've never even seen an OJ with six damage or defense slots (but I know they exist, and I do have several epic rigs with six damage slots.)

I'm thinking of the odds of getting the OJ rig in the first place, then getting good chip configuration; then getting the right OJ chips to fully charge it to its maximum and then getting the right passive mix. Given the RNG, I can't even conceive of the amount of time it would take to get this. But yea it's possible, I guess.

Yeah you are right, luckily I got all mine before the supreme update as ever since it seems the drop rate (atleast in my experience) has been more atrocious than before.