PDA

View Full Version : 2 Major Bumps PVP or Team Evolution

Pumkinmonkey
09-21-2015, 11:08 AM
I have over 1000 hrs playing Defiance now which is 5x more than any of my other games. This not only due to the complexity and diversity of the game but mostly because of the comradeship of my clan Team Evolution. Compared to many of the clan I am still a newbie in many aspects of the game. The leaders and many of the members will not only take the time to explain how-tos and best ways to practice and develop skills but also some of them have taken on the task of storing the high end weapons shields and mods that players are done with or choose not to use so that other members of the clan can use them. We don't sell our top notch weapons we give them to other members. Trading is not even encouraged as helping others is the mode of the clan. Also if a member is found to be a hacker or if they are abusive to other players, they are kicked out of the clan. We also frown upon spawn camping.
It is only because of these mostly mature and kind people that I have learned to play Player Verses Player and over the last 4 months have been developing some good skills at it. But I am up against a couple of real Kill Joys in the game and many are thinking of quitting all together.
#1, People will use hacks to make themselves nearly impossible to kill or give them super powers to kill you, often purchased through hack sites and there is little use in playing against them.
#2, Defiance supplies a few ridiculously powerful weapons to a lucky few or to those who I have heard paid crazy amount of $s for them. Weapons that enable the owners to one shot kill you while your running in full sprint and tumbling in Blur sometimes from a ridiculously long distance while they themselves are running an jumping also. A few players have Detonators that allow the them to destroy your entire team with one clip just by landing shots near us while we are running 100 meters apart from each other. This makes the game no-fun to play unless of course you have one of the weapons. Some people have Shields that I have dumped a full clip of a 5000+ ego rating powerful fully modded OJ Blast rifle into the back of a their heads, only for them to turn and one shot me with out the appearance of me leaving a scratch on their shield. So when these people that have these weapons or hacks are in the game it makes it quite crapy for the majority of the other players.
I think if Trion is going supply supper weapons a shields to a rare few then they should also create an Island that these weapons can only be used on as they ruin the PVP part of the game for everyone else.

Olaf
09-21-2015, 12:00 PM
Yawn. Post started well then Yawn.

Ray8888
09-21-2015, 12:07 PM
I just like "Two Major Bumps". I'm just gonna pretend Fergie posted this.

Tex_Arcana
09-21-2015, 02:12 PM
http://www.wallstickersd2u.co.uk/products/wallmurals/Printed-Wall%20Mural-10742-The%20Joker%20Funny%20World-Text%20Quotes-Vinyl-C.jpg

Gaige12
09-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Oh mighty wall of text,... I beseech thee

Dixie Cougar
09-21-2015, 03:49 PM
http://magiccards.info/scans/en/us/28.jpg

PS my favorite supper weapon is the spork.

WhiteKnight019
09-22-2015, 10:33 AM
So in summary you are tired of pay to win and hackers? that's what I got from that entire wall of text.

Helpful hints, paragraph breaks, punctuation really help get a point across. Even using a phone on this site.

But Defiance (an most MMOs) have always been pay to win for the most part. You want the best gear? You can either grind and grind and maybe get what you want, or you can pay money to get what you want in a few minutes..... Most people would rather spend money.

I'm sure if you had $100 to blow on maximizing your weapons you would do it. So best advice I can say is adapt your tactics because Trion isn't going to change PVP for anyone but themselves. It would be best to make pre-made load outs like some PVP games do to even the odds. But as long as games have data connections you'll always get people who hack games to make themselves better. Its stupid but it happens.

It really comes down to Pay 2 Win, Grind 2 Win, or Hack 2 Win. Which one will you choose?

final rest
09-22-2015, 10:44 AM
So in summary you are tired of pay to win and hackers? that's what I got from that entire wall of text.

Helpful hints, paragraph breaks, punctuation really help get a point across. Even using a phone on this site.

But Defiance (an most MMOs) have always been pay to win for the most part. You want the best gear? You can either grind and grind and maybe get what you want, or you can pay money to get what you want in a few minutes..... Most people would rather spend money.

I'm sure if you had $100 to blow on maximizing your weapons you would do it. So best advice I can say is adapt your tactics because Trion isn't going to change PVP for anyone but themselves. It would be best to make pre-made load outs like some PVP games do to even the odds. But as long as games have data connections you'll always get people who hack games to make themselves better. Its stupid but it happens.

It really comes down to Pay 2 Win, Grind 2 Win, or Hack 2 Win. Which one will you choose?

there is no grind to win

Elucidate
09-22-2015, 11:20 AM
I have over 1000 hrs playing Defiance now which is 5x more than any of my other games. This not only due to the complexity and diversity of the game but mostly because of the comradeship of my clan Team Evolution. Compared to many of the clan I am still a newbie in many aspects of the game. The leaders and many of the members will not only take the time to explain how-tos and best ways to practice and develop skills but also some of them have taken on the task of storing the high end weapons shields and mods that players are done with or choose not to use so that other members of the clan can use them. We don't sell our top notch weapons we give them to other members. Trading is not even encouraged as helping others is the mode of the clan. Also if a member is found to be a hacker or if they are abusive to other players, they are kicked out of the clan. We also frown upon spawn camping.
It is only because of these mostly mature and kind people that I have learned to play Player Verses Player and over the last 4 months have been developing some good skills at it. But I am up against a couple of real Kill Joys in the game and many are thinking of quitting all together.
#1, People will use hacks to make themselves nearly impossible to kill or give them super powers to kill you, often purchased through hack sites and there is little use in playing against them.
#2, Defiance supplies a few ridiculously powerful weapons to a lucky few or to those who I have heard paid crazy amount of $s for them. Weapons that enable the owners to one shot kill you while your running in full sprint and tumbling in Blur sometimes from a ridiculously long distance while they themselves are running an jumping also. A few players have Detonators that allow the them to destroy your entire team with one clip just by landing shots near us while we are running 100 meters apart from each other. This makes the game no-fun to play unless of course you have one of the weapons. Some people have Shields that I have dumped a full clip of a 5000+ ego rating powerful fully modded OJ Blast rifle into the back of a their heads, only for them to turn and one shot me with out the appearance of me leaving a scratch on their shield. So when these people that have these weapons or hacks are in the game it makes it quite crapy for the majority of the other players.
I think if Trion is going supply supper weapons a shields to a rare few then they should also create an Island that these weapons can only be used on as they ruin the PVP part of the game for everyone else.

LMAO.

#1. "Hackers" in pvp are almost nonexistent, ironically, I've seen a few do it for pve ( flying over the mountain and 1 shotting their foot with a battle rifle to clear an entire room of mobs )
#2. If detonators are "owning" you that badly then you might want to reconsider how you play or better yet, do you have blast shield equiped?
#3. I'm sorry, did you say Team Evo taught you how to PvP? The last time I've seen them PvP, most are just running around with a guided rocket launcher and hiding.
#4. Do you even have nano resists perks and gear? Are you using a high capacity shield?
#5. Most of these "supper" equipment that you mention of can be attained by anyone irregardless of "pay to win". Put in the time to farm for mods or gear during events or even just warmaster ( LOL lets be realistic, considering team evo likes to run around with BMGs there, you can probably forget about efficiently farming this )

#9000 I run around PvP when I'm bored with a 1600 ego character with basic blue gear thats very common during events and have little to no trouble killing 6000 ego players, often having a 3 to 4 kill to 1 death ratio.

You clearly haven't been taught how to PvP. Hit me up when I'm around then you can get a proper schooling

Tex_Arcana
09-22-2015, 11:25 AM
there is no grind to win

Yes there is.
I can testify.
I have never bought a box from bitstore. Just patiently waited for the right drops.
My Clan mates have helped me get my weaponry fitted out properly.
I never feel outmatched...outplayed yes. Outmatched no.

Arakus
09-22-2015, 12:51 PM
There are 3 types of people that PvP,
Type 1: Hardcore PvP'ers that only care about their Kill Death Ratio, they will Cheat, Hack, Spawn Camp, use Overpowered Weapons, whatever it takes to get the most kills.

Type 2: Those that do it for fun, and that's the majority of Team Evo.

Type 3: Those that do it because they have to for Pursuits.

I hate PvP, I can't stand the 3rd person view, I keep trying to aim in front of my Character not in the center of the screen, I only PvP to try and have fun with friends and clanmates, and when I have to for pursuits. I've tried Sniping but I can't just sit still and wait for something to shoot at, I'm usually found and killed before I see anyone to shoot at. And I've never used a Guided Launcher.

Team Evo doesn't tolerate Hacking or Cheating, those caught doing either will be warned on the first offense and kicked if they are caught a second time.

PvP is not mandatory in Evo, every Player is free to use whatever Weapons they're comfortable using, the idea is to have fun.

Not every hard to kill Player is hacking, there are some very good players out there, Lag can also cause some appearance that they're hacking, and many have OP weapons like a Piper, fully modded properly, and know exactly how to use it to.

Evo does not preach/teach those Tricks, We just want to have fun, and when we have to use OP weapons to do so then it's no longer about Having Fun, and those who think Evo only hides and has none that are good at PvP are either blind or not paying attention to what Clan the person that just killed them belongs too hehehe

Claydough
09-22-2015, 01:32 PM
Hmm, i like to maximize my kill rate in pvp

Guess im a hacker then...

Arakus
09-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Hmm, i like to maximize my kill rate in pvp

Guess im a hacker then...

hahaha, no that doesn't mean you're a hacker, unless you use third party addons, hack, etc. to 'maximize' your kill rate.

Setting up the best possible Weapons, modding it to get the absolute best possible damage, re-mastering over and over to get the absolute best Mastery for killing, setting up Perks to maximize kills, and so on isn't hacking, isn't cheating, but it is Hardcore, and no that's not doing PvP for 'fun'.

Fun is going in without a care what your kills / deaths are, running around with friends, laughing when you die because you're there to have fun, and you know they are as well so it's not personal, and that's what Team Evo is all about. Playing a Game we all enjoy, helping others, and having fun together with friends.

Tex_Arcana
09-22-2015, 01:50 PM
All this talk of hacking in a game that has next to none is making my head hurt.

Altras
09-22-2015, 01:52 PM
Shots fired! By some guy in cloak with a surge bolter

Nick Burkhardt
09-22-2015, 02:05 PM
hahaha, no that doesn't mean you're a hacker, unless you use third party addons, hack, etc. to 'maximize' your kill rate.

Setting up the best possible Weapons, modding it to get the absolute best possible damage, re-mastering over and over to get the absolute best Mastery for killing, setting up Perks to maximize kills, and so on isn't hacking, isn't cheating, but it is Hardcore, and no that's not doing PvP for 'fun'.

Fun is going in without a care what your kills / deaths are, running around with friends, laughing when you die because you're there to have fun, and you know they are as well so it's not personal, and that's what Team Evo is all about. Playing a Game we all enjoy, helping others, and having fun together with friends.

Sounds like you played soccer as a kid. Winning is fun. Can you have fun while losing? Maybe. Can you win without having fun? Sure. Are either of those as likely as having fun while winning?

Dixie Cougar
09-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Sounds like you played soccer as a kid. Winning is fun. Can you have fun while losing? Maybe. Can you win without having fun? Sure. Are either of those as likely as having fun while winning?

He had fun fun fun till his daddy took the T-bird away.

Arakus
09-22-2015, 02:51 PM
hahaha, nope never played soccer, and no father to take anything away ;P

You can have fun winning as well as when losing, some can only have 'fun' (to them anyways) when they're winning and they have to have the most kills.

Those are ones that will sit down with their kids to play a game and beat them no matter how it may hurt their feelings, I'll let them win, it's to do something with my kids, to have fun with them, and winning isn't everything. And I feel sorry for those that feel that they must have the most kills or the best weapons, or the best loadout, just to PvP and to have 'fun'

Arakus
09-22-2015, 03:15 PM
The next thing people will say is "you must not have an good gear and can't win"
I have just about every item in the Game, I have just about every oj Shield in the Game including oj Darkest Hour, I have almost every Named Event weapon (fully modded) in the Game, I have a large assortment of weapons like a Supreme Boomer that does 62k, EXL Sniper doing 35k, I have multiple Double and Triple rolled Weapons, and so on.

I've been playing for over a year and have done everything, including over 300 Rounds in expos. Could I get alot of kills?!?! sure, do I?!?! most of the time yes more kills then deaths usually 2:1 - 3:1 on average, does that mean I had fun?!?! no

Claydough
09-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Thank goodness there's someone here telling me how to have fun, i wouldnt know otherwise.

Arakus
09-22-2015, 05:42 PM
It's pretty sad that people in this day and age need to know how to have fun, ask then and I guess they'll say that serial killers and rapists that find fun killing and R@ping innocent men, women, and children is right and ok because that's how they have 'fun'

Pretty sad when you get online to play and have fun with friends and can't because others seem to only have 'fun' when they use every means they can to get every possible kill, over powered weapons, hard to find weapons, perfectly setup Loadouts, and so on, to have 'fun', and when someone does manage to kill them, you get the pleasure of their Whispers, Area, Zone rants degrading you for what Weapons you chose to use, or that you hid and got lucky, and so on. And 'they' call that having fun.

I'm sorry but that's not how everyone has 'fun', and I feel sorry for those that can't see having 'fun' any other way.

Dixie Cougar
09-22-2015, 05:45 PM
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

WhiteKnight019
09-23-2015, 05:25 AM
So what you're trying to say is that you want Defiance to have a Casual and Hardcore PVP mode so that way if you want to have fun you pick Casual and if you want to win with maximum efficiency you pick Hardcore?

So if I want to win I have to pick hardcore but if I want to lose I pick Casual?

I mean, honestly I find winning fun. Yeah sure I may not be the greatest but I find fun in winning. I'm not a hardcore but losing 50 consecutive games is really demoralizing. If I wanted fun, I wouldn't enter PVP because I know that more than often you'll run into someone who is better and there to win..... because its PVP. The more you win the more rewards you get. If you want a casual arena experience..... I think theres a DLC for that. Something dealing with arenas and PVE and fun all around.

Altras
09-23-2015, 06:13 AM
Why art thou so disgruntled? Doth rage from pvp is quite overbearing.

crazyged
09-23-2015, 08:56 AM
My PVP pursuits are done - I just do it for the chicks now...

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/8/3/4/b/130655893317888020081288065977_470x353_baby-chicks.jpg

WhiteStrike
09-23-2015, 10:28 AM
There are 3 types of people that PvP,
Type 1: Hardcore PvP'ers that only care about their Kill Death Ratio, they will Cheat, Hack, Spawn Camp, use Overpowered Weapons, whatever it takes to get the most kills.

Type 2: Those that do it for fun, and that's the majority of Team Evo.

Type 3: Those that do it because they have to for Pursuits.

I hate PvP, I can't stand the 3rd person view, I keep trying to aim in front of my Character not in the center of the screen, I only PvP to try and have fun with friends and clanmates, and when I have to for pursuits. I've tried Sniping but I can't just sit still and wait for something to shoot at, I'm usually found and killed before I see anyone to shoot at. And I've never used a Guided Launcher.

Team Evo doesn't tolerate Hacking or Cheating, those caught doing either will be warned on the first offense and kicked if they are caught a second time.

PvP is not mandatory in Evo, every Player is free to use whatever Weapons they're comfortable using, the idea is to have fun.

Not every hard to kill Player is hacking, there are some very good players out there, Lag can also cause some appearance that they're hacking, and many have OP weapons like a Piper, fully modded properly, and know exactly how to use it to.

Evo does not preach/teach those Tricks, We just want to have fun, and when we have to use OP weapons to do so then it's no longer about Having Fun, and those who think Evo only hides and has none that are good at PvP are either blind or not paying attention to what Clan the person that just killed them belongs too hehehe

So,if I like winning I automatically cheat or use OPed weapons? What?:confused:

Tex_Arcana
09-23-2015, 10:42 AM
I PvP as drunk Canadian bike mechanic.
And still have a good K/D ratio.
Grease your chain with that.

Elucidate
09-23-2015, 10:54 AM
It's pretty sad that people in this day and age need to know how to have fun, ask then and I guess they'll say that serial killers and rapists that find fun killing and R@ping innocent men, women, and children is right and ok because that's how they have 'fun'

Pretty sad when you get online to play and have fun with friends and can't because others seem to only have 'fun' when they use every means they can to get every possible kill, over powered weapons, hard to find weapons, perfectly setup Loadouts, and so on, to have 'fun', and when someone does manage to kill them, you get the pleasure of their Whispers, Area, Zone rants degrading you for what Weapons you chose to use, or that you hid and got lucky, and so on. And 'they' call that having fun.

I'm sorry but that's not how everyone has 'fun', and I feel sorry for those that can't see having 'fun' any other way.

So what I'm hearing from all this rant is "I want to have 'fun' but I only do so when my setup, which I didn't take any time to figure out, actually kills people"

Your definition of fun is everyone taking turns getting a kill.

There is no such thing as a "friendly" pvp. You either learn and adapt fast or....

https://cessnachick.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/youre-going-to-have-a-bad-time.png

If you want to have fun, stick to using guided rocket launchers as your fellow team evo predecessors did. They at least had fun using them from what I can tell as that slow rocket came towards me and I'd snipe them while having plenty of time to hide behind the terrain whilst laughing. It was a win-win situation; we both had fun.

Tex_Arcana
09-23-2015, 11:33 AM
So what I'm hearing from all this rant is "I want to have 'fun' but I only do so when my setup, which I didn't take any time to figure out, actually kills people"

Your definition of fun is everyone taking turns getting a kill.

There is no such thing as a "friendly" pvp. You either learn and adapt fast or....

https://cessnachick.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/youre-going-to-have-a-bad-time.png

If you want to have fun, stick to using guided rocket launchers as your fellow team evo predecessors did. They at least had fun using them from what I can tell as that slow rocket came towards me and I'd snipe them while having plenty of time to hide behind the terrain whilst laughing. It was a win-win situation; we both had fun.
This messge approoved by durnk canandian bike mechanic.
And the members of the board of Bad Typsists Untied.

Arakus
09-23-2015, 12:21 PM
What I am saying I guess is yes there should be two Modes for PvP, Hardcore as it is and a sure call it Casual.

There are PvP Pursuits as everyone knows, like get 10 Captures in SW, or TDM, but it's next to impossible to do when everyone (or at least the majority) are killing everyone in sight. They have all of their Pursuits done so they play as if they don't care if anyone else gets theirs.

For example I see that today's Echelon Daily is to get 10 EGO Power Kills, I go in and I see people running around with Overcharge, I'll run and jump towards them to get their attention and stand there and let them kill me, or say for example I go in and someone shoots at me and barely does any damage and I return fire and kill them instantly, I'll watch for them and when I see them I'll just stand there and let them kill me, now on the other hand if that person that shot me kills me in one shot then next time I see them I'll make sure to return the favor hehe

Now as I've said and some seem to get and others miss the point is that there are Hardcore (as I call it) Players that eat/dream/sleep PvP, all they think about is 'Winning' by getting as many kills as they can get, and will take whatever steps they need to to accomplish that, SOME will use Hacks, SOME will Cheat, SOME will use OP weapons, SOME will Spawn Camp, SOME will go to the extreme of maximizing everything they can through Perks and Rigs, and SOME will do it all.

I'd don't believe that every person that seems hard to kill or that gets 1-Shot kills constantly, is a Hacker, I'd say that out of 100 of them, maybe 1 or 2, there are some really good PvP'ers out there, some that play PvP every day and know every map by heart, every spot to use for advantage points, and are excellent shots, that doesn't make them a Hacker or a Cheater, but does make them Hardcore.

I live to help, it's who I am, I go into PvP to help Friends and Clanmates get Pursuits finished, like Turret Kills, but most of the time you can't, because theirs always someone that just has to blow up the Cerberus on sight, there are Pursuits for Cerberus that you can only get in PvP, and everyone knows that, BUT instead of stopping for a second and thinking 'hmm Cerberus is weak, can't do me any harm, and people need to Drive them and get Turret kills, that must be why they're in it, so I'll leave them be' but no it's more like 'ha suckers in a weak Cerb let me blow em' up and stop them from getting anywhere and get more kills'

There are Players that don't care for PvP, and only go in because they have to if they ever want to hit 6k, and every time they do it's die, die, die, die, before they can get anywhere, but you MUST do at least some of it.

So I must Supreme all of my Gear, Maximize my Loadout, learn every Map, just to be able to get a Pursuit?!?! Players couldn't just show a little compassion for their fellow Players and go 'they're here for Pursuits so I'll leave them be, there's others here I can kill'?!?!

Altras
09-23-2015, 12:31 PM
So if I'm good at pvp, I'm either hacking, using op weapons, or spawn camping? Tell that to my ego 800 that'd smoke most 6ks with white gear.

Arakus
09-23-2015, 12:50 PM
I did say SOME will, and that there are some good PvP'ers, if you are in that group of the SOME that do Hack, Cheat, use OP, Spawn Camp, etc. then I guess so, if you're not then I guess you're not.

I did NOT say that every good PvP'er IS a Hacker, Cheater, using OP weapons and so on. I said Hardcore PvP'ers will do whatever it takes (whatever they need to), to be able to get the most kills, some are just that good no matter what they do or use, that still makes them Hardcore.

Elucidate
09-23-2015, 01:23 PM
What I am saying I guess is yes there should be two Modes for PvP, Hardcore as it is and a sure call it Casual.

There are PvP Pursuits as everyone knows, like get 10 Captures in SW, or TDM, but it's next to impossible to do when everyone (or at least the majority) are killing everyone in sight. They have all of their Pursuits done so they play as if they don't care if anyone else gets theirs.

For example I see that today's Echelon Daily is to get 10 EGO Power Kills, I go in and I see people running around with Overcharge, I'll run and jump towards them to get their attention and stand there and let them kill me, or say for example I go in and someone shoots at me and barely does any damage and I return fire and kill them instantly, I'll watch for them and when I see them I'll just stand there and let them kill me, now on the other hand if that person that shot me kills me in one shot then next time I see them I'll make sure to return the favor hehe

Now as I've said and some seem to get and others miss the point is that there are Hardcore (as I call it) Players that eat/dream/sleep PvP, all they think about is 'Winning' by getting as many kills as they can get, and will take whatever steps they need to to accomplish that, SOME will use Hacks, SOME will Cheat, SOME will use OP weapons, SOME will Spawn Camp, SOME will go to the extreme of maximizing everything they can through Perks and Rigs, and SOME will do it all.

I'd don't believe that every person that seems hard to kill or that gets 1-Shot kills constantly, is a Hacker, I'd say that out of 100 of them, maybe 1 or 2, there are some really good PvP'ers out there, some that play PvP every day and know every map by heart, every spot to use for advantage points, and are excellent shots, that doesn't make them a Hacker or a Cheater, but does make them Hardcore.

I live to help, it's who I am, I go into PvP to help Friends and Clanmates get Pursuits finished, like Turret Kills, but most of the time you can't, because theirs always someone that just has to blow up the Cerberus on sight, there are Pursuits for Cerberus that you can only get in PvP, and everyone knows that, BUT instead of stopping for a second and thinking 'hmm Cerberus is weak, can't do me any harm, and people need to Drive them and get Turret kills, that must be why they're in it, so I'll leave them be' but no it's more like 'ha suckers in a weak Cerb let me blow em' up and stop them from getting anywhere and get more kills'

There are Players that don't care for PvP, and only go in because they have to if they ever want to hit 6k, and every time they do it's die, die, die, die, before they can get anywhere, but you MUST do at least some of it.

So I must Supreme all of my Gear, Maximize my Loadout, learn every Map, just to be able to get a Pursuit?!?! Players couldn't just show a little compassion for their fellow Players and go 'they're here for Pursuits so I'll leave them be, there's others here I can kill'?!?!

Im curious....have you actually tried messaging some of these people and just asking nicely to let you do your pursuits?

Also in regards to "So I must Supreme all of my Gear" ....lawl. This goes back to my "The piper is overrated rant" for people that pvp. I can run around with whites and low ego and still do the same.

The worst part...Im not even trying to be "hardcore" as you put it. Just put damage resist perks and have a nano resist shield thats ironclad...hell it can be blue

WhiteStrike
09-23-2015, 01:51 PM
Im curious....have you actually tried messaging some of these people and just asking nicely to let you do your pursuits?

Also in regards to "So I must Supreme all of my Gear" ....lawl. This goes back to my "The piper is overrated rant" for people that pvp. I can run around with whites and low ego and still do the same.

The worst part...Im not even trying to be "hardcore" as you put it. Just put damage resist perks and have a nano resist shield thats ironclad...hell it can be blue
This may be a little out of topic (to be fair this thread had no point in the first place) but from your posts you seem to understand PvP very well.
As such,can you help by telling me what is better with a TMP:An Ironclad Berserker V ArK or an Ironclad Berserker IV EX(with Radiation Resist)?

Arakus
09-23-2015, 02:10 PM
We have tried asking in Team on both sides, letting others know what we were there for and to Please leave us be, and would still have people come to us while we were off out of the way from Capture Points and blow up the Ceberus and kill us.

I do commend you Elucidate, I do believe you were in there last night and walked right past me without shooting, you saw that I wasn't shooting and I assume realized what was going on and left me be. And that's great when people can do that. Most of the time I was running around trying to get to them so they could kill me for their kills, but someone would blow up the Cerberus and kill them before I could get to them, I ended the Match at 7:1.

I know it can get hectic in PvP and it's kill or be killed alot of the time, but if you see someone way off away from Capture points how could they be a threat, if they're driving in circles in a Cerberus how could they be a threat, there are ways of playing and getting alot of kills without ruining it for those there just for pursuits.

Team Evo isn't about Kill Ratios, we're in to have fun, do some use OP weapons, Rocket Launchers, and so on?!?! of course, you have to use what you can to survive if you want to have a chance of getting Captures, Rescue Kills, Attack and Defend Kills, but again it's not about the Kill Ratio, it's only because we have no choice. We go in and work together to help eachother get Pursuits done, and I try to help others as I can (I don't care if they're in Evo or not).

I needed to do EGO Kills in Waterfront to reach 6k and I saw two others working on them as well, so I went over jumping up and down to get their attention and let them kill me, they Whispered me and asked if I had mine and were willing to do the same for me, I managed to get mine just before then so was just trying to help them, but I thanked them both for the thought, they were both in Cronus btw, and were both added to my Friends List.

All I'm saying is Hardcore PvP'ers, those that do it every day, can do all Pursuits in just a week or two if not less, where others like me it's been over a Year and still haven't completed them all, we only have the one PvP Mode and people can still get a high Kill Ratio without making it unbearable for the others that are only trying to work on Pursuits.

We all have our own meaning for what 'fun' is, and what is 'fun' to 'us', but we are not all the same, if someone knows they are that good, then what do they have to prove? and to whom? if they are that good then it should be easy to see when someone is there for Pursuits, or is no threat to them, when someone isn't a Hardcore PvP'er, and just leave them be. I'm an amateur compared to most and I can tell easily enough.

Xellia
09-23-2015, 02:44 PM
We have tried asking in Team on both sides, letting others know what we were there for and to Please leave us be, and would still have people come to us while we were off out of the way from Capture Points and blow up the Ceberus and kill us.

I do commend you Elucidate, I do believe you were in there last night and walked right past me without shooting, you saw that I wasn't shooting and I assume realized what was going on and left me be. And that's great when people can do that. Most of the time I was running around trying to get to them so they could kill me for their kills, but someone would blow up the Cerberus and kill them before I could get to them, I ended the Match at 7:1.

I know it can get hectic in PvP and it's kill or be killed alot of the time, but if you see someone way off away from Capture points how could they be a threat, if they're driving in circles in a Cerberus how could they be a threat, there are ways of playing and getting alot of kills without ruining it for those there just for pursuits.

Team Evo isn't about Kill Ratios, we're in to have fun, do some use OP weapons, Rocket Launchers, and so on?!?! of course, you have to use what you can to survive if you want to have a chance of getting Captures, Rescue Kills, Attack and Defend Kills, but again it's not about the Kill Ratio, it's only because we have no choice. We go in and work together to help eachother get Pursuits done, and I try to help others as I can (I don't care if they're in Evo or not).

I needed to do EGO Kills in Waterfront to reach 6k and I saw two others working on them as well, so I went over jumping up and down to get their attention and let them kill me, they Whispered me and asked if I had mine and were willing to do the same for me, I managed to get mine just before then so was just trying to help them, but I thanked them both for the thought, they were both in Cronus btw, and were both added to my Friends List.

All I'm saying is Hardcore PvP'ers, those that do it every day, can do all Pursuits in just a week or two if not less, where others like me it's been over a Year and still haven't completed them all, we only have the one PvP Mode and people can still get a high Kill Ratio without making it unbearable for the others that are only trying to work on Pursuits.

We all have our own meaning for what 'fun' is, and what is 'fun' to 'us', but we are not all the same, if someone knows they are that good, then what do they have to prove? and to whom? if they are that good then it should be easy to see when someone is there for Pursuits, or is no threat to them, when someone isn't a Hardcore PvP'er, and just leave them be. I'm an amateur compared to most and I can tell easily enough.

I've been in a few matches with people (sometimes EVO and sometimes random strangers) before while they were obviously doing pursuits. Most of the time I see nothing in team chat, and have asked in team chat if it was a pursuit match. Sometimes I get answered and other times I don't. It is helpful if there is communication there so we can decide to leave the match or help.

I've also seen others struggle and offered to help them.

I'm not sure where this post is going, not everyone out there is trying to make pvp harder. There are plenty of players that will help or at least leave you alone while you work on pursuits if they're simply asked.

Arakus
09-23-2015, 03:04 PM
I know you Xellia, and I wasn't including you in the list of those types of people, and I'm not saying that EVERY Hardcore PvP'er is out for nothing but their Kill Ratio, or that not every Hardcore PvP'er is there to make it harder and won't help, only that the ones that are like You are few and far between.

Most of the time we do try and say it in Team chat, but alot of the time we'll notice a few names and know there's no point in saying anything. Some people just don't care and even if there are some there that would just leave or try to help, those others will still make it 'harder' to get anything done, so in most cases we just get frustrated and end up leaving for a different Map, and low and behold shortly after 'they' end up there again.

I'm not sure where this post is going either hehe, someone started it and I just added my 2 cents, and couldn't stop hehe

It would be nice if every Hardcore (as I call it) PvP'er would read this and follow along, and make PvP more enjoyable for everyone, and allow everyone to have their own 'fun'

'Casual' PvP'ers shouldn't have to Supreme Items, Maximize their Loadout, and so on, just to go into a PvP Match to work on a Pursuit.

Elucidate
09-23-2015, 08:07 PM
This may be a little out of topic (to be fair this thread had no point in the first place) but from your posts you seem to understand PvP very well.
As such,can you help by telling me what is better with a TMP:An Ironclad Berserker V ArK or an Ironclad Berserker IV EX(with Radiation Resist)?

I personally would take the resist more but that's only assuming that you go against someone that uses rad. I'm fairly certain that you play on console so I can't speak for the nano popularity over there. If they were using bio then the ARK shield would've been better in the first place.

I actually run a nearly identical setup for my main loadout, a supreme native rad spinal tap TMP with a supreme rad sovereign ranger and a supreme ironclad reloader IV EX with rad resist. I still have yet to find a rad resist berserker shield.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM instead

Elucidate
09-23-2015, 08:16 PM

Probably not me. I usually shoot first and ask questions later. I do tend to leave people alone WHEN they ask though but occasionally I fire way too much bullets before I can see their name. People seem to forget this simple concept of asking nicely

Solicea
09-23-2015, 08:36 PM
I can't tolerate much PVP, its not my thing, but I think my clannies can tell you I tend to laugh manically if I get shot by one of them while exclaiming in surprised when I kill someone. I suppose it depends on who you play with as to how much fun it is.

Arakus
09-23-2015, 08:53 PM
Probably not me. I usually shoot first and ask questions later. I do tend to leave people alone WHEN they ask though but occasionally I fire way too much bullets before I can see their name. People seem to forget this simple concept of asking nicely

I didn't catch the name just saw like Elu and thought I saw date at the end as they ran past, I was trying to find clannies and not get shot in the meantime hehe, thank you for your honesty tho :)

I can hold my own in PvP but it's not my thing either, I like to laugh when I'm killed as well, and usually can, except when it's a 1-shot and dead right after I spawned or just as I leave the Spawn Point.

Like I said tho I'm only ever in PvP when I'm there trying to help clannies/friends with pursuits or I have to with an alt, but I always try and have fun when I do, but it's usually not the case, we do try to ask people to let us be, or say that we're in trying to work on pursuits, but it's not always that easy as sometimes people join late after we've asked, and it's hard to ask while you're trying to get everyone together at this or that spot to do them while trying to stay alive.

Remember people like me that are Casual PvP'ers don't know the Maps like others do that play them every day, so we can't just say go to this spot, we have to say like go behind the building over by B, or go behind the building by C etc. and everyone has to try and find their way there. And when you're getting killed you get frustrated and that just makes it harder to find your way.

Elucidate
09-23-2015, 09:06 PM
Use a surge bolter. Every noob who thinks they can pvp have been spamming those lately. It's 1 shot fully charged with most rad or bio one. Also make sure you're using a sharpshooter scope and just go for body shots

Arakus
09-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Use a surge bolter. Every noob who thinks they can pvp have been spamming those lately. It's 1 shot fully charged with most rad or bio one. Also make sure you're using a sharpshooter scope and just go for body shots

I can't do that tho, I go in to have fun, using weapons for 1-shot kills is not 'fun' for me, I prefer weapons that give them a chance to kill me in the same time as I'm trying to kill them.

WhiteKnight019
09-24-2015, 06:12 AM
I can't do that tho, I go in to have fun, using weapons for 1-shot kills is not 'fun' for me, I prefer weapons that give them a chance to kill me in the same time as I'm trying to kill them.

I can understand where your coming from, my old clan was for casual gamers looking for fun. and If something needed to be done like achievements, we would fill a free for all lobby with our clannies to get said achievements.

But in a game like Defiance, where not everyone is social, where everyone does what they want and don't take other into consideration, its hard to get things. I know there are hardcore guys out there who want nothing more to do than ruin your day if you aren't hardcore yourself. You'll get trolls for sake of trolling cuz Trollers Gonna Troll.

Is it fair that max ego is tied to PVP.... that's the question of this game. Honestly it shouldn't but unfortunately it is. Unless Trion completely overhauls PVP (like they've mentioned in the past that they need to touch on it) I doubt we will get two separate Playlists.... and even then you'll get Trolls in Casual who want nothing more to do than ruin what you're trying to do.

You want PVP balance

Casual Playlist - Set loadouts for fairness
Hard core Playlist - Bring your own loadouts

Solicea
09-24-2015, 07:46 AM
You just heard a few people say they can own 6k players with white/blue random drop weapons and blue shields on 1k alts. I don't believe it is tied to ego level. I think there are guys in there who could kill you with a spork on a level 400 toon. Some folks just good. It isn't me..mind you..but some folks. Others I think maybe they just are blowin smoke lol.

Arakus
09-24-2015, 11:53 AM
I suggested a simple solution that would remove the need for most or all of the PvP requirements to reach the Cap. And that was to change the Ranking system, currently there are 16 things to Rank (13 Weapons, 3 Vehicles).

That calculates as:
19 Ranks per x 4 ego per Rank = 76 Total EGO x 16 things = 1,216 Total EGO from Ranking everything to 20.

EGO Rating You can reach Without any PvP 5931 (would require at least 69 EGO worth of PvP)
EGO Rating You can reach Without Any DLC & Without any PvP 5736 (with the 175 from Competitive and 20 from Echelon takes you to 5,931)

My Idea was to just change the Ranking in one of the following ways.

Option 1: change it to 5 EGO/Rank
19 Ranks x 5 ego per Rank = 95 x 16 Items = 1,520 Total EGO (304 Additional EGO over current)

Option 2: Start them at Rank 0, so it's an actual 20 Ranks for each thing.
20 Ranks x 4 ego per Rank = 80 x 16 = 1,280 Total EGO (64 Additional EGO over current)

Option 3: Start at Rank 0 and 5/Rank
20 Ranks x 5 ego per Rank = 100 x 16 = 1,600 Total EGO (384 Additional EGO over current)

Option 2 would be the best most likely, sure everyone will have to get 1 more Rank per Weapon/Vehicle, but will have 64 Ego they won't have to do in PvP/Pursuits to hit Max. The other bonus is it would get rid of the oddball EGO Levels no matter which Option was used.

A pretty simple and reasonable fix imho.