PDA

View Full Version : Question about Weps and Mods.

Hadron Cassus
09-28-2015, 10:41 PM
Hi all!

I started this game a few days ago and I love it. I read wiki and other sites about weapon upgrades and mods, but I still do not understand some things.

I saw a lot of type of weapons in the game. I think I found my very favourite in assault rifles, especially the AR-216 Gladiator. I had some spare money on my steam wallet and I bought yesterday the 5 dollar dlc for Defiance and I got maybe about a dozen purple weapons. One from all types. This is where I became confused.

I have a purple rifle (maybe a carbine - its similar like an AK-47). It has got a higher rating number then my AR-216 which is only green. However the AR-216 has got higher damage then the purple weapon. How is it possible?

Second question: If I like that Gladiator should I stay with it, I mean when I will have higher ego rating and days or weeks later, may I found another AR-216 just with higher dps?

Or does the weapons' stats grow as my character grow in the game?

If not, then am I able to later upgrade my Gladiator's stats? I do not just mean the rarity upgrade, I know it's possible, but can I upgrade the basic rating of my current weapon later, so it can match in stats with "endgame" weapons?

Is it possible to upgrade the rarity of a weapon more than one time? (from green to blue, then blue to purple)

Is it possible to take off the mods from a weapon, or to install new mods instead of the current ones?

Thank you your help and answers in advance!

Atticus Batman
09-28-2015, 11:03 PM
Let's see..

You can only rarity upgrade once and it uses Arkforge.

You can EGO upgrade to bring it stats (and EGO level) up to yours using Arkforge.

Each weapon type in a weapon category has it's own base stats. Then if you look at the different colored stats under the weapon (Ie. white/green/blue/purple/orange/gold) those are bonus stats. So they add to the card stats and as such it could have different stats than an identical gun with different bonus rolls.

Also the nano effect the gun has affects it's damage. No-nanos have the best card damage. At one time syphon guns had the worst damage (I believe they still do but can't remember for certain right now)

So if your Gladiator has no nano and has adamgae bonus, and your other gun has syphon and no damage bonus then it is quite possible that yourgladiator does more damage. However it does not have nano bonus effects like the syphon gun does.

You can just replace new mods on your previous ones which will override and destroy the previous one. Ore you can retrieve all the mods which will destroy your gun. or you can remove all mods which will destroy all the mods.

Also the best site for game machanics is http://www.defiancedata.com/ and the best site that I have found for lore is http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Defiance_Wiki There is also an incomplete learn Votan section that I love: http://www.language.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Learn_Votan

Hadron Cassus
09-29-2015, 01:16 AM
Thank you for your help!

What do you think, what hould I do with the purple weapons I got from the box and I don't use them. Should I just sell them from my inventory or should I keep them for future?

TNO
09-29-2015, 01:51 AM
Sell them to the vendor closest to you xD.
Renew your gear every 100 ego levels until you reach the XP cap. None of your weapons are worth the cost in af to constantly being upgraded until then.

P.S. On what platform/server are you playing?

SaikoTeek
09-29-2015, 02:24 AM
I think they're talking about the adapted purple weapons, which aren't sellable, I believe.

If you're not going to use them, break those weapons down for ark salvage to use for opening mod slots and other things. They aren't worth keeping around to upgrade.

As for your favorite gun, stash it aside for a while once you've outgrown it. You're going to level up way too quickly to keep it upgraded for now, but as a blue, you could bring it up cheaply enough later if you still love it and make it purple, which would give it an extra roll. I'm not suggesting to do this w every gun, but some guns you get from missions, youll never see again.

Early on, it's best to just take the use n toss approach. Most guns can be found later on, except mission and event weapons, so they are disposable. Ask around for scrap blues and purples. Most people would rather give stuff you can use than vendoring and if you're in a decent clan, there should always be hand me downs.

Atticus Batman
09-29-2015, 02:56 AM
I think they're talking about the adapted purple weapons, which aren't sellable, I believe.

If you're not going to use them, break those weapons down for ark salvage to use for opening mod slots and other things. They aren't worth keeping around to upgrade.

As for your favorite gun, stash it aside for a while once you've outgrown it. You're going to level up way too quickly to keep it upgraded for now, but as a blue, you could bring it up cheaply enough later if you still love it and make it purple, which would give it an extra roll. I'm not suggesting to do this w every gun, but some guns you get from missions, youll never see again.

Early on, it's best to just take the use n toss approach. Most guns can be found later on, except mission and event weapons, so they are disposable. Ask around for scrap blues and purples. Most people would rather give stuff you can use than vendoring and if you're in a decent clan, there should always be hand me downs.

Wait people will willingly take blues and purples and non-named gear for free on PS3?! Dang I have to vendor or scrap em on Xbox 360. Somebody asked if anybody had a decent shotgun the would sell for less than 40k tonight because he was around EGO 1200 and has only been playing for a week.

I said I had some that they could have for free. An OJ 7th legion fire-nano Rajnin, a purple rad berserker, a purp bio berserker, a purple clustershot and four different blue shotguns, all naturally that rarity and nano.

They informed me that if I wanted them to take that crap I had to pay them 100k per gun they took. Sombody else in zone chat informed this person that they are spoiled noobs and shouldn't ask for handouts if they were so darn picky. Believe me, I and the rest of zone agreed.

You want people to sell you great guns for 40k just because you are around EGO 1200 and have only been playing for a week, yet you get insulting when somebody is willing to just give you 8 guns with nothing in return? Really? Some people.

Anyway OP, sorry about my rant but people like that person I encountered really grind my gears! And as SaikoTeek said there are people willing to give you gear or sell you the blues for real cheap.

https://introducingraena.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/grinds-my-gears.png?w=1200

SaikoTeek
09-29-2015, 03:14 AM
Those people exist on ps3 as well, but we also have the groups of bargain hunters.

I know someone that spends a bunch of time just selling off purples for 15k each and people buy them. I've even picked up some decent flash rifles and springers scouring purple sales. I'm not proud. A good gun is a good gun.

The problem is a lot of kids want a piper, wolfman, or a DC 10 at 1500 ego and consider anything not named crap. I had one seller almost refuse to sell me a vot tachmag w awesome rolls.

"Why do you want this? You have a Sting."
"Because I like good guns"... People just don't get it.

Atticus Batman
09-29-2015, 03:36 AM
Those people exist on ps3 as well, but we also have the groups of bargain hunters.

I know someone that spends a bunch of time just selling off purples for 15k each and people buy them. I've even picked up some decent flash rifles and springers scouring purple sales. I'm not proud. A good gun is a good gun.

The problem is a lot of kids want a piper, wolfman, or a DC 10 at 1500 ego and consider anything not named crap. I had one seller almost refuse to sell me a vot tachmag w awesome rolls.

"Why do you want this? You have a Sting."
"Because I like good guns"... People just don't get it.

yeah when the Reckoning was a jackpot, I got two. When I traded one straight across for an original DC-4 Calling Bird right after the original Christmas event, some people in zone thought I was stupid. Others thought the other guy was stupid. However we thought they were all stupid. After all we both got the weapon that we really wanted for an even trade and our EGOs were only a couple hundred apart. So if we both felt it was a great trade since we both got what we wanted and we both thought it was a reasonable trade, then what's the problem? However the people in zone didn't see it our way. They be crazy!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/b7/d5/e8/b7d5e87fc00db871cb645fb56de4267a.jpg

doctordabs
09-29-2015, 03:55 AM
you have a whole bunch of hammer-holes if you ask me

blue is only 1 tier lower than purple and thus only missing 1 bonus roll , which isn't a huge difference in bonus stats on a gun that isn't 5k ego or higher.

sell purple guns to vendors, break down blue and green and white

only take 1 gun up thru your ego rating withyou or it's going to get really expensive in arkforge to keep leveling up all those guns, most of them are junk.

keep your evolved smg, keep your AR and sniper rifle, maybe the pistol and trash the rest - the evolved tachmag pulser is good to bring up but otherwise be very wary of the arkforge costs - i've given away purples and oranges purely because they where what i call a Hammer-Hole....... arkforge looks like hammers....

Tex_Arcana
09-29-2015, 10:06 AM
The first thing to know is that 90% of the guns you are going to see will not serve you at endgame.
Don't get attached to anything until you are closing on 5k ego.
Eg. That Gladiator (as a blue) will serve you moderately well as it won't consume Arkforge like a pig in order to level it.
I strongly advise making Sieges, Incursions, and Big Arkfalls the primary parts of your leveling.
These will yield XP, and Arkforge as well as leveled weapons and shields (some better than others).
Do your dailies, and use these to be eclectic in getting pursuits for weapons moving forward (check the pursuit page, and read up on all the required goals).
Welcome to the New Frontier.

Hadron Cassus
09-30-2015, 02:10 AM
Thank you guys for the help!

I am on PC, europe servers.