PDA

View Full Version : Will there be free content releases aside from the paid DLC?

floppyscience
04-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Is there going to be any free content added, or will everything be part of paid DLC? Should we even expect little things like outfits included in free updates?

As an aside, are there any (non paid) outfits apart from the starting 4? I chose the Outlaw mainly for the backstory and starting shotgun, I didn't think I'd be stuck with the silly costume.

Arsenic_Touch
04-05-2013, 10:59 PM
They said there will be. Which I assume will come in the form of episode missions.

Dunno about any outfits.

Komakala
04-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Yes there will be free DLC but we don't know what it will contain. There are outfits available that you don't have to pay real money for. Usually you unlock them by completing certain story missions or completing pursuits in the game. Sometimes shops sell outfits as well but it is fairly rare.

chicksticker
04-05-2013, 11:06 PM
From what i just read in the Dev Diary up in the sticky every DLC will have a free part and a paid part because they dont wanna split up the players. So the missions and maps will be free but then you get a bunch of bonus items and maybe a new race to play as if you pay...im not 100% but thats what i gathered from the dev's post!

Feyniphia
04-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Oveur said: What’s our DLC plan? – I’ve seen a lot of you mention this and this is material for an entire blog post because there is so much I want to talk about. However, let’s be short. There are at least 5 DLCs this year. They all have a free and paid component. We do not want to segregate our playerbase so we always want everybody be able to participate and play with friends. The free part is features and content, the paid part is essentially, say, access to a new playable species with a bundle of stuff with it. The upcoming TV tie-ins aren’t DLCs that cost either. It’s all yours.