PDA

View Full Version : Evolution or Death of MMOs, some food for thought

WhiteKnight019
10-06-2015, 08:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgkoz5EZTok

So after watching this video I have come to realize that its not whether you are a Console Elitist or a PC diehard, the evolution of MMOs are mobile. The majority of the population has a micro computer in their pocket ready for games anywhere any time. Maybe Trion could pick up on this trend and release Defiance Mobile. Maybe that's where the future of Defiance lies.

I'd like a tower defense like Defiance game that allows me to build different units within factions. Human, Votanis, a game similar to Game of War within the Defiance world would be excellent for those of you who want to take their Defiance habit on the road. Its the future after all for the average player. Why sit behind a big screen with your fancy hardware when you can go out and play while at the park, or in the car, or on the toilet.... (although I have known some to take their habit to the bathroom anyways).

Maybe the future of this game is not on PC or Consoles, but on the mighty little device that you can shove neatly into your pocket.

Also the video brings up other valid points, Free to Play vs Pay to Win, Subscriptions vs Non-Subscriptions, also the very long history of MMOs going back to the 1970s. If you like a quick and entertaining look at the genre of games you play, take a look.

Olaf
10-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Defiance tower defence lol? Could be interesting.

Ea Rapture
10-06-2015, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't even bother downloading a game app. I prefer consol.

Cobra Crusher
10-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Gaming on a phone or tablet is not the future. Studies have shown that most people like to use a controller and have no interest in mobile gaming or VR darth vader helmets or jumping around like a JA in front of a kinect.

David Irwin
10-06-2015, 10:08 AM
mobile tower defense games are dull. most mobile gaming is dull. does not compare at all to the action you can get into on a pc or console game, big screens and responsive controls are key to good gaming. tapping away at the tiny screen of a cell phone gives none of this same satisfaction.

Tex_Arcana
10-07-2015, 12:22 PM
I lol at Defiance on a handheld of any kind.
The brightest future of any Mmo should be based on the GW2 model in any case. Especially from a consumer standpoint.

Jet1337
10-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Mobile games are boring and don't really challenge me in any way. That's not a future I see.