PDA

View Full Version : AIM and CHEATS

Gadjet
02-15-2013, 09:19 AM
I would like to know, how admins will struggle Vs cheaters ?Tell me plz if someone know it. You all probably heard about Planet Side 2, this is greate MMO shooter, but cheaters discourage the desire to play . And sory for my English, i from Russia ^^ and no meteor did not kill anyone

mr2bitz
02-15-2013, 09:27 AM
the solution is simple...buy for xbox 360 :D

DuoMaxwell007
02-15-2013, 09:34 AM
the solution is simple...buy for xbox 360 :D

because there are no hackers/cheaters on xbox? teh real solution is simpler.. buy for PS3

Gadjet
02-15-2013, 09:42 AM
I playin on PC )) this is MMO, and i think game like that can leave long only on PC

mr2bitz
02-15-2013, 09:46 AM
haha well its going to be the first good mmo on consoles so it will live long everywhere :) and as for the playstation 3 guy, haha the ps3 is a joke and the ps4 will be more of a fail. i have a right to say this do to the fact that i own both and play on both. and no there is cheaters but only for games that dont have data saved to thier servers, unless they have a j tag which im not even sure if thoose still work plus who no one has the money for that kind of cheating lol

DuoMaxwell007
02-15-2013, 09:49 AM
haha well its going to be the first good mmo on consoles so it will live long everywhere :) and as for the playstation 3 guy, haha the ps3 is a joke and the ps4 will be more of a fail. i have a right to say this do to the fact that i own both and play on both. and no there is cheaters but only for games that dont have data saved to thier servers, unless they have a j tag which im not even sure if thoose still work plus who no one has the money for that kind of cheating lol

I know ppl with Jtags and 360s can be hacked and still play online.. if your 360 is hacked you can also cheat... simple as that... you can also hack a PS3 and cheat on that.. difference is all the cheating youll be doing on a PS3 is offline because currently there is no way to play online with a PS3 using custom firmware.. so until someone figures out how to get passed that, the PS3 is (online) cheat free

As for the first good console MMO... umm am i the ONLY one whos played final fantasy xi?

seventhaxis
02-15-2013, 09:50 AM

Does every thread about the game's platform need to turn into a flamewar about the pros and cons of each?

mr2bitz
02-15-2013, 09:54 AM
i wanted to start a war cuz im bored and have no one to talk to atm lmao (i know im a losser) anyway im glad somone knows what they are talking about :) and i doubt there will b cheaters on xbox but if there is thats y there is a way to report people :) ohh and i was not lucky enough to play FFXI i wish i was but i heard it was bad, btw i love the hell out of FFX and others

Colts87
02-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Does every thread about the game's platform need to turn into a flamewar about the pros and cons of each?
I know what you mean. The immaturity of people is very sad and I would have hope that we have grown up by now. Guess not.

Archangel
02-15-2013, 10:01 AM
i know ppl with jtags and 360s can be hacked and still play online.. If your 360 is hacked you can also cheat... Simple as that... You can also hack a ps3 and cheat on that.. Difference is all the cheating youll be doing on a ps3 is offline because currently there is no way to play online with a ps3 using custom firmware.. So until someone figures out how to get passed that, the ps3 is (online) cheat free

as for the first good console mmo... Umm am i the only one whos played final fantasy xi?

<------ manthra!!!!

DuoMaxwell007
02-15-2013, 10:08 AM
i wanted to start a war cuz im bored and have no one to talk to atm lmao (i know im a losser) anyway im glad somone knows what they are talking about :) and i doubt there will b cheaters on xbox but if there is thats y there is a way to report people :) ohh and i was not lucky enough to play FFXI i wish i was but i heard it was bad, btw i love the hell out of FFX and others

lol FFXI was excellent I played for 8 years.. FFXIV is the one thats bad.. however they shut the servers down last november, reworked and revamped the entire game and are releasing it on PC and itll finally be hitting PS3 this Summer.. so Im looking forward to see if they did it RIGHT this time lol

Archangel
02-15-2013, 10:09 AM
I am a big FF fan. I even sadly purchase X-2 and XIV-2

Both are awful!

I too played XI for many many years. great mmo.

DuoMaxwell007
02-15-2013, 10:14 AM
I am a big FF fan. I even sadly purchase X-2 and XIV-2

Both are awful!

I too played XI for many many years. great mmo.

umm XIV-2? i THINK you mean XIII-2?

and yes X-2 was terrible but 1000 Words made up for it... and XIII-2 was terrible but that wont stop me from getting XIII-3 this fall

Archangel
02-15-2013, 10:18 AM
umm XIV-2? i THINK you mean XIII-2?

and yes X-2 was terrible but 100 Words made up for it... and XIII-2 was terrible but that wont stop me from getting XIII-3 this fall

your right 13-2 and i will not buy 13-3 lol.

I am tired of Lightning and this versions universe.

I will keep to my Dissidia which is my all time most favorite fighting game ever. Running shop with Sephiroth is the best.

SeroRamai
02-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Im not even going to participate in this thread.

... wait... did i just..

mr2bitz
02-15-2013, 10:23 AM
no they need to go back to Yuna Lulu Wakka Aurin Kimari Rikku and replace Tidus with Cloud...cuz ffx was an amazing turn based game the story was also spot on and the aeons were soo awsome!!! (and overdrives cant forget overdrives)

seventhaxis
02-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Im not even going to participate in this thread.

... wait... did i just..

Defiance Forums!? You're forever unclean! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjcZpJ3YPk&feature=youtu.be&t=1m16s)

DuoMaxwell007
02-15-2013, 10:33 AM
your right 13-2 and i will not buy 13-3 lol.

I am tired of Lightning and this versions universe.

I will keep to my Dissidia which is my all time most favorite fighting game ever. Running shop with Sephiroth is the best.

well 13-3 will be a real time action game/action rpg as opposed to turn based ATB so if nothing else itll be fun to play

xorrox
02-15-2013, 10:33 AM
back to the topic at hand - im sure there will be some kind of warden, punkbuster, watcher system in place to monitor for hex edits, hacks, cheats, etc. Essentially a comparative analysis of code being sent to and from the server and client. if there is an unauthorized or unidentified change detected, it flags the account - admins are notified, they look into it - you get busted, you get banned... Seeing as most of the data of game mechanics, and character info, is stored server side; it should be fairly easy to keep in check.

Now, as for this xbox/ps3/pc garbage - they are tools no better or worse than the user behind them... take that as you will. As for Final Fantasy - I love the franchise, yea they've had some flops but most game franchise titles have at one point or another. FFXI on 360 was cool but installing for so many hours was lame! I really hope Defiance doesnt do that or at least streamlines it somehow if they must...

DuoMaxwell007
02-15-2013, 10:37 AM
back to the topic at hand - im sure there will be some kind of warden, punkbuster, watcher system in place to monitor for hex edits, hacks, cheats, etc. Essentially a comparative analysis of code being sent to and from the server and client. if there is an unauthorized or unidentified change detected, it flags the account - admins are notified, they look into it - you get busted, you get banned... Seeing as most of the data of game mechanics, and character info, is stored server side; it should be fairly easy to keep in check.

Now, as for this xbox/ps3/pc garbage - they are tools no better or worse than the user behind them... take that as you will. As for Final Fantasy - I love the franchise, yea they've had some flops but most game franchise titles have at one point or another. FFXI on 360 was cool but installing for so many hours was lame! I really hope Defiance doesnt do that or at least streamlines it somehow if they must...

FFXI launched in 2002... didnt hit xbox until 2006... you were installing updates and patches(and expansions) that were 4 years of content OF COURSE it took all day.. it snot like you had it since lunch.. Im sure Defiance would be no different if a) its actually successful and b) you start 4 years late lol but since youre getting it at launch then no you wont have that problem

Archangel
02-15-2013, 10:42 AM
well 13-3 will be a real time action game/action rpg as opposed to turn based ATB so if nothing else itll be fun to play

fun to play as FF12 was?

I hated 12, lol i got all the way up to the point where you can't go back for side missions and decided i was done. never finished it. lol

DuoMaxwell007
02-15-2013, 10:46 AM
fun to play as FF12 was?

I hated 12, lol i got all the way up to the point where you can't go back for side missions and decided i was done. never finished it. lol

FF12 wasnt an action game so i dont see how that game fits into the point i was making but I found FF12 to ge quite fun.. i felt like playing an MMO offline lol

Archangel
02-15-2013, 11:17 AM
FF12 wasnt an action game so i dont see how that game fits into the point i was making but I found FF12 to ge quite fun.. i felt like playing an MMO offline lol

I guess i was making the comparison that the game was not turn based but was oepn world action base. Its not as hack and slash as the Dynasty Warriors series or the Samurai Warriors but it was the closest thing to a non tbrpg.

I still prefer the turn base for FF. Its the staple to the series imo.

Being a FF fan were you as upset as I was over POE? They basically copied FF7 and FF10's systems.

Socketing your skills into your gear and as you use them they level, then they took the sphere grid system from FF10.

Both great systems so i see why they copied but people are saying its so innovating..... im like COME ON!

DuoMaxwell007
02-15-2013, 11:45 AM
I guess i was making the comparison that the game was not turn based but was oepn world action base. Its not as hack and slash as the Dynasty Warriors series or the Samurai Warriors but it was the closest thing to a non tbrpg.

I still prefer the turn base for FF. Its the staple to the series imo.

Being a FF fan were you as upset as I was over POE? They basically copied FF7 and FF10's systems.

Socketing your skills into your gear and as you use them they level, then they took the sphere grid system from FF10.

Both great systems so i see why they copied but people are saying its so innovating..... im like COME ON!

I dont even know what POE is lol and FFXIII was very much turn based/ATB... your characters had to wait for a guage to kill up before they could take their next action just like every other FF after 3 and excluding 10.. the only difference ifs you could set your chartacter s to auto battle if you wanted so it played more like an MMO

Dead_Phoenix
02-15-2013, 11:45 AM
i have no idea how they will deal with hackers and cheats. but its not like this is there first mmo, so im sure they have things in place.

Archangel
02-15-2013, 11:50 AM
i have no idea how they will deal with hackers and cheats. but its not like this is there first mmo, so im sure they have things in place.

I dont see any advantage in hacking the PVE side of Defiance. I guess if you hacked a shield that never dropped then it would make the game really simple but to what extent? Loot grinding and leveling weapons is really the end game and if you hack your way to be OP there wont be a lot for you to do.

Now hacking the PVP could be annoying and just bad for business. But PVP people always have something to complain about and if they dont do anything to rockets, the hacker will just get one shot by bunny hoppers anyways right? x(^.^)x fingers crossed people will kill hackers in pvp.

Letus
02-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Corpse camping allowed ?? I hate to say anyone deserves it but ... there is an exception to every rule.

MilkyWhites
02-15-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty sure I lost a few IQ points reading this thread...

But about the whole hacking thing, I'm sure there will be a reporting system for every platform of the game. And not to mention, the console reporting system the 360 and PS3 has. I honestly don't see this game having a big hacker problem. Considering the fan/player base isn't huge (yet). There will probably be a few bad apples just like any online multiplayer game, but I don't think there will be an epidemic of code breakers.

Classymadman
02-15-2013, 03:37 PM
I know what you mean. The immaturity of people is very sad and I would have hope that we have grown up by now. Guess not.

nothing like fanboy outrage on whatever platform they play on makes me never want to be in forums. there is always a good amount of haters for everything

Oveur
02-15-2013, 04:56 PM
We have a number of measures in place, both platform specific as well as general measures. This is also a continuous effort, it's not something that stops.

I also have some opinions on FF ...

Duskky
02-15-2013, 05:00 PM
PC,360,Ps3 will have hackers don't turn this into a what's better because of so. PC will most likely be the worst Going from what I've encounter on PS3 i've seen more hackers on there then Xbox(I'm aware of Jtaggers.) Patches updates and the ban hammer will be the only way to get rid of the hackers. Abnormal leveling up getting like 400k xp in like a sec. ect

Letus
02-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Don't forget players reporting suspect hackers as well.

Duskky
02-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Don't forget players reporting suspect hackers as well.

That skipped my mind.

Bar6arian
02-15-2013, 05:33 PM
I would like to know, how admins will struggle Vs cheaters ?Tell me plz if someone know it. You all probably heard about Planet Side 2, this is greate MMO shooter, but cheaters discourage the desire to play . And sory for my English, i from Russia ^^ and no meteor did not kill anyone

The meteor pictures were awesome! Made me think Defiance was happening sooner than later.