PDA

View Full Version : Hulker Hell stinks

Cobra Crusher
10-12-2015, 10:07 PM
We spend all that time killing 20 hulkers inside the arks to get white and green stuff. It is taking away from getting purple drops. It is impossible to get a group inside because its bugged. Sometimes you end up with 3 people only. 2 reqs is not worth it for a private instance. Then you get more white and green drops at the majors. This event stinks.

Lost in Space
10-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Thats RNG for you, i got 1 purple drop from the ground in a drag me to hell minor,but the HH majors, all i have seen so far is greens and blues. I swear a few whites too.White drops at majors,im ego 5457, i d'nt want or need any white drops,it was only two but still white. They shouldn't even exist,at an event major.Just have to facepalm with this RNG. Whites c,mon man.

Cobra Crusher
10-12-2015, 11:40 PM
Its an event, it should drop only blues or better. I can pick whites and greens off the ground anytime. Plus there are purple guns in the weekly box which is just wrong :mad:

Trick83
10-12-2015, 11:53 PM
Its an event, it should drop only blues or better. I can pick whites and greens off the ground anytime. Plus there are purple guns in the weekly box which is just wrong :mad:

Don't feel too bad, buying the box with real money gets you the same purples!

Get rid of whites and greens completely, they serve no purpose.
Cashgrab boxes should not have purples. (30k bits on PTS, not enough orange to matter. 0 bits on live, same usable drops!)
Why is the event rate so frackin low? Make SV ONLY EVENT SITES!

Would it be a bad thing to make drops worth picking up?
Would it be so wrong for us to feel like we're getting more than salvage/scrip for our money?

Score so far for event from my perspective: 2/10 because the package prices for this event are reasonable.

xXxDSMer
10-13-2015, 02:28 AM
Greens actually DO serve a purpose. That's the highest tier that controlled burst mags and +10% nano chance mags exist.

But whites? absolutely should not be dropping in an event arkfall: weapons or mods.

And if the drop is a high cap mag, sight, stock, or barrel - it may as well at least be a tier 3, but no reason to totally eliminate greens since that's the highest tier for some mods.

Big Jack Shepard
10-13-2015, 02:38 AM
I personally consider it easier to get 666 hulker kills than 10 DMTH arkbreaks.

JOCCO5150
10-13-2015, 02:47 AM

There are no purple guns in the weekly boxes. That was the daily

JOCCO5150
10-13-2015, 02:49 AM
I personally consider it easier to get 666 hulker kills than 10 DMTH arkbreaks.

I did probably 10 dmth ark breaks today. Probably more actually.

Big Jack Shepard
10-13-2015, 02:51 AM
I did probably 10 dmth ark breaks today. Probably more actually.

Thank you Mr. Contrarian on almost every topic.

Have a nice day.

JOCCO5150
10-13-2015, 03:05 AM
Thank you Mr. Contrarian on almost every topic.

Have a nice day.

You gotta resort to name calling? I didn't call you Mr. Complaining Whiner did I?

Good luck with your ark breaks

Hexthat
10-13-2015, 07:01 AM
Drag me to hell, has horrible rewards.

Olaf
10-13-2015, 07:11 AM
For how difficult and long it takes with a small group it's definitely no where near worth doing at moment.rather sit and wait for a major.

PithHelmetIrath
10-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Given what happened during the last event, I can't really say that I'm surprised to hear all of this..

IrisaLover
10-13-2015, 09:25 AM
To hell with this white/green/blue/purple nonsense. I do major arkfalls for the EGO and keycodes.

irisawifi
10-13-2015, 11:42 AM
To hell with this white/green/blue/purple nonsense. I do major arkfalls for the EGO and keycodes.

Well yes that's good for people who still are ranking up their EGOs ... but for those who are done...the drops are important. ANd even the amount of keycodes is not very rewarding.

The 20 hulkers in DMTH is exhausting. Definitely need to wait until it's a full room. Yesterday it took almost an hour with 6 people. :(

SirServed
10-13-2015, 11:58 AM
The 20 hulkers in DMTH is exhausting. Definitely need to wait until it's a full room. Yesterday it took almost an hour with 6 people. :(
The return of Speshul Forces? Also, there's a time lockout mechanic for Minor Arkbreaks. After a certain amount of time has passed, other players literally cannot join your match by any means.

Tex_Arcana
10-13-2015, 12:20 PM
I would rather see green drops than none at all.
As long as they aren't nano converters.
But whites make Nolan cry.

Logain
10-13-2015, 12:26 PM
The return of Speshul Forces*? Also, there's a time lockout mechanic for Minor Arkbreaks. After a certain amount of time has passed, other players literally cannot join your match by any means.

*Ha, sounds like a bad movie sequel.

If I had the energy I would start a "More You Know" campaign. Possible slogans:
Friends don't let friends BMG.
Do you BMG in coop/arkfall/arkbreak? Mute.
Math is Simple: BMG = Muted.

But I don't have time/energy.

Back to the OP. The event is fine. I got to play 90 mins this morning and 90 mins late last night. Saw exactly 0.0 major events and 2 minor event arkbreaks that I was invited to. So that's a rate of 0.0 major arkfalls and ~0.01 Minor Arkbreaks a minute. Glad they increased the spawn rate from PTS or at 0.005 arkbreaks/min or so I might not actually be able to complete the weekly.

SirServed
10-13-2015, 12:37 PM
*Ha, sounds like a bad movie sequel.

If I had the energy I would start a "More You Know" campaign. Possible slogans:
Friends don't let friends BMG.
Do you BMG in coop/arkfall/arkbreak? Mute.
Math is Simple: BMG = Muted.

But I don't have time/energy.

Back to the OP. The event is fine. I got to play 90 mins this morning and 90 mins late last night. Saw exactly 0.0 major events and 2 minor event arkbreaks that I was invited to. So that's a rate of 0.0 major arkfalls and ~0.01 Minor Arkbreaks a minute. Glad they increased the spawn rate from PTS or at 0.005 arkbreaks/min or so I might not actually be able to complete the weekly.
The good news is that you aren't missing much of anything. I got a... my mistake, the Supplies Vendor got a Legendary Hallowed Invader from my Weekly Box. Your Undertaker trumps the Afterlife, so the only items worth owning are a Grave Digger and to a lesser degree, Black Cat. The Phantasm is probably going to generate a lot of hate in PvP, if you're into that.

irisawifi
10-14-2015, 08:30 AM
The return of Speshul Forces? Also, there's a time lockout mechanic for Minor Arkbreaks. After a certain amount of time has passed, other players literally cannot join your match by any means.

Ah, I was wondering if there was some sort of timing feature...won't let me in matches through the social menu even if the match is not full. That would explain it.

When in a match with high egos, the arkbreak is fine..repetitive..but fine. I just don't know if my little toon will ever go back in one after the other night. haha

Hexthat
10-14-2015, 08:36 AM
I would rather see green drops than none at all.
As long as they aren't nano converters.
But whites make Nolan cry.

Only green I find acceptable are catalyst mods, I haven't seen a holiday syn catalyst in over a year.

Redemption2244
10-14-2015, 08:51 AM
For how difficult and long it takes with a small group it's definitely no where near worth doing at moment.rather sit and wait for a major.

I could semi-agree with this. Most of my T4 mods came from DMTH. I pulled my T4 Stab sight from my 3rd DMTH so I see purpose in doing these arkbreaks. HOWEVER! I see no purpose in doing these arkbreaks when there are only 5 or less people in it. Just yesterday I joined a DMTH and it was just me and 1 other guy. He told me in team chat that if it was just the 2 of us we were done for. I saw no point in doing it and just left. 10 minutes late in zone chat the guy calls me a coward and a fake gamer because I left. He then claimed to kill all 20 Formidable Hulkers by himself saying it was not that hard. I really got a kick out of it because I would have paid to see this guy kill 20 Formidable Hulkers by himself in 10-15min.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-14-2015, 08:56 AM
I could semi-agree with this. Most of my T4 mods came from DMTH. I pulled my T4 Stab sight from my 3rd DMTH so I see purpose in doing these arkbreaks. HOWEVER! I see no purpose in doing these arkbreaks when there are only 5 or less people in it. Just yesterday I joined a DMTH and it was just me and 1 other guy. He told me in team chat that if it was just the 2 of us we were done for. I saw no point in doing it and just left. 10 minutes late in zone chat the guy calls me a coward and a fake gamer because I left. He then claimed to kill all 20 Formidable Hulkers by himself saying it was not that hard. I really got a kick out of it because I would have paid to see this guy kill 20 Formidable Hulkers by himself in 10-15min.

Me, Kinnick, and another guy did one. Hellish fun that lasted about 40 minutes!

konstantinov
10-14-2015, 08:57 AM

I faked all those laughs and good times.

Tex_Arcana
10-14-2015, 09:11 AM
Only green I find acceptable are catalyst mods, I haven't seen a holiday syn catalyst in over a year.
Sorry, but I want the chance to fill slots first and foremost.

I do not buy bit boxes. So the opportunity to activate the full synergy via drops (and then hopefully upgrade) is appreciated.
After getting nearly 400 converters in the Sol's Prom event, seeing actually useful mods is better imo.
White's ARE dumb though.

Hexthat
10-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Sorry, but I want the chance to fill slots first and foremost.

I do not buy bit boxes. So the opportunity to activate the full synergy via drops (and then hopefully upgrade) is appreciated.
After getting nearly 400 converters in the Sol's Prom event, seeing actually useful mods is better imo.
White's ARE dumb though.

I'm able to fully t3 weapons with only rewards from the end of a major, I only look at the drops on the ground that are green mods in hopes I'll find a catalyst.

I sell holiday catalyst for 500k+, and they sell fast.

Alastar
10-14-2015, 10:12 AM
Don't forget that the only failsafe Trion has in place against their atrocious RNG they decided to nerf this time around. No more guaranteed worthwhile guns. Better start praying. (Worthwhile is of course subjective but at least the jackpots are designed to be worthwhile as opposed to the whole trash random legendary shtick.)

Tex_Arcana
10-14-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm able to fully t3 weapons with only rewards from the end of a major, I only look at the drops on the ground that are green mods in hopes I'll find a catalyst.

I sell holiday catalyst for 500k+, and they sell fast.
That's all fine and great for an individual that is having that kind of luck.
But in my case it hasn't worked that way.
Green mods are better than a field of blue converters, or (as happened in some previous events) nothing on the ground at all.

Tex_Arcana
10-14-2015, 11:48 AM
That's all fine and great for an individual that is having that kind of luck.
But in my case it hasn't worked that way.
Green mods are better than a field of blue converters, or (as happened in some previous events) nothing on the ground at all.

PS. It should also be noted that I am filling mod slots on 5 toons. With my Main getting the best options first and foremost.
I play all of them though. And a green modded purple is better than something less on my alts.