PDA

View Full Version : want to discuss about ...

Kuroro
10-16-2015, 12:04 AM
Mass cannons

I got a stalker vot mass cannon,i bought it for 200k,and i liked it a lot,the thing is that im not sure if it worths enough to spend 150af to upgrade the rating,get the t4 stalker mods for it and change te mastery bonus until i get the +4 mag...i have 3 milking maids and a really nice big boomer,a plate slicer matchlock boomer also,so i dont feel like really needing the mass cannon but the point is that i like it then i think "its just a game,enjoy it" so i dont know...what about expeditions?i have not used it on expeditions yet,maybe someone did.I would like to know opinions and experiences with a vot mass cannon

GeneralG69
10-16-2015, 12:39 AM
Mass cannons are awesome for everything, just make sure you don't lag out the enemies for team mates. Probably the only bad thing about it, I've just bought a critical mass cannon its a beast.

Kuroro
10-16-2015, 01:14 AM
it causes lag?damn i did not know that

Fallen_Aingeal
10-16-2015, 01:45 AM
it causes lag?damn i did not know that

In indoor or tight situations

Kuroro
10-16-2015, 01:49 AM
like expeditions?i wanted it for expeditions more than anything

Fallen_Aingeal
10-16-2015, 01:51 AM
Yep. On our platform it does...

Atticus Batman
10-16-2015, 01:57 AM
like expeditions?i wanted it for expeditions more than anything

Expeditions and all co-ops are indoors so yes like them. Actually all explosives cause some lag. However the ones with bigger explosions or multiple explosions such as Crime fighters and mass Cannons tend to cause the most noticeable lag. However (from my personal observations) it only happens if two or more people are using lag causing guns. However just one doesn't really lag me. (again that is my personal observation and will vary from person to person.)

My opinion though, is use what you want to start with, but if somebody else in the expedition/co-op nicely asks you to switch because of the lag then nicely do so. It is fine to use what you want. However there is no reason to be a jerk or troll about it, if they aren't being jerks or trolls. So if they nicely ask, then be nice back and switch weapons. If they yell about it and are D bags from the start, then by all means troll away, as they deserve it. :D

Kuroro
10-16-2015, 02:15 AM
well i dont want to be kicked from all the coops because of it xD but i have been thinking and iŽll keep it.im getting the stalker mods for it,even if i wont use it on expeditions or coops.it seems badass for sieges and bosses

JOCCO5150
10-16-2015, 02:25 AM
well i dont want to be kicked from all the coops because of it xD but i have been thinking and iŽll keep it.im getting the stalker mods for it,even if i wont use it on expeditions or coops.it seems badass for sieges and bosses

I have a supreme mass cannon, and I use it in expos and co ops. It destroys bosses.

So far no complaints

konstantinov
10-16-2015, 02:30 AM
+4 mag only applies to old rolled mass cannons, correct me if I'm wrong.

JOCCO5150
10-16-2015, 02:36 AM

I was thinking about remastering mine if you could get +mag. supreme would probably be 5, and mine already has 5 in the mag

Kuroro
10-16-2015, 02:37 AM
i checked mass cannon on defiance data and it says its a posible mastery

Kuroro
10-16-2015, 02:38 AM
http://www.defiancedata.com/weapon=112/vot-mass-cannon

and yes its +5 mag being supreme

Atticus Batman
10-16-2015, 02:39 AM

Think it is all mass cannons. Also according to DD one of the new supreme masteries for the Vot Mass Cannon is: +5 Mag

http://www.defiancedata.com/weapon=112/vot-mass-cannon

scroll down and click on possible masteries.

{EDIT Doh! I got ninja'ed!}

Kuroro
10-16-2015, 02:42 AM
coming from behind ...

konstantinov
10-16-2015, 02:42 AM
Sorry let me clarify; it only applies to new rolled non 1 mag rockets.

I.E.: you can't get + mag on a new bonfire

Kuroro
10-16-2015, 02:43 AM
I was thinking about remastering mine if you could get +mag. supreme would probably be 5, and mine already has 5 in the mag

how it has 5mag?a mag roll?there are not +mag mods for rl,right?

konstantinov
10-16-2015, 02:44 AM

Sounds like it has oj mag.

Kuroro
10-16-2015, 02:48 AM
my mass cannon has the next rolls:
x1.05 crit
x1.10 min dmg
x1.80 velocity
+5% armor penetration
x1.12 dmg

i will reroll one but im not sure wich one.i like velocity,it gives more dps.min dmg is the best choise i think and im not sure about making it supreme so im not counting with 2 rerolled.armor penetration works without radiation?if it does,could it be like a 5% extra dmg?

JOCCO5150
10-16-2015, 02:49 AM

Mine has 2.25 mag roll

Kuroro
10-16-2015, 02:51 AM
now that i think of it,im not sure if velocity makes any difference on rocket launchers...i should test it

JOCCO5150
10-16-2015, 02:54 AM
now that i think of it,im not sure if velocity makes any difference on rocket launchers...i should test it

Yes velocity makes it reach the target faster. I have velocity mastery

pew pew pew
10-16-2015, 08:41 AM
Since Trion renewed the Mass Cannon, I see countless player using Mass/Swarm Cannon and Ground-Pounder. I still wonder what makes these type of weapons more special than before. They always have been great in rare cases, nothing has been changed. A regular Grenade Launcher does a better job in most cases if you want to do blast damage and a Pulser is still better fighting a single Hulker ;)

The visual effect is far to bright and screen filling, I dislike the blue explosions :/

IrisaLover
10-16-2015, 09:01 AM
Explosives are useful against rioters, snipers, and not much else. Rate of fire is too low, mag capacity is too small, reload times are too long, the projectiles take too much time to reach their target, trying to hit anything whose feet you can't see is a joke (unless they're standing still or moving very very slowly), nano-effects might as well not exist, and using them at close range is likely to kill you instead of the enemy.

I learned this the hard way during my first encounter with Jackleg Joe.