PDA

View Full Version : syphon on hallow point?

Kuroro
10-16-2015, 07:04 PM
i have not used a syphon gun with that synergy yet,does it makes any difference?and i cant conect to check it

Ea Rapture
10-16-2015, 07:37 PM
i have not used a syphon gun with that synergy yet,does it makes any difference?and i cant conect to check it

It would allow the gun to have 20% lifesteal per shot. If it has t4 life steal, 23% on reload

Elucidate
10-16-2015, 07:39 PM
Very little. The thing is that life/shield leech is connected to the damage that you do. Given that syphon does not have a damage bonus such as fire or rad or electric, it does much damage with a little more life/shield leech

TLDR: Syphon is just as bad as a bio life leech weapon in terms of damage. As far as survivability, you may have a little more chance

xXxDSMer
10-17-2015, 02:14 AM
Pair syphon HP with a bio weapon for armor removal, or a corruptor then blast 'em with the syphon HP while they're still in the pool from the corruptor, and it'll work beautifully.

Granted it won't be the highest dps, but since you're asking about syphon+HP I'm thinking your goal is more survivability anyways.

eaglepowers
10-17-2015, 08:11 AM
It would be great to hear a developer response on how life/shield steal stacks w/ syphon? My experience has been similar to Elucidate but then again maybe we're both basing it on the same syphon spinal tap BR I got from him? I find my slightly higher dps syphon flash rifle(WM BR) does a better job keeping me alive in expeditions boss fights.

I should crunch some #s and test it again. Having all these life steal weapons made me revisit syphon again. Syphon in a high dps weapon is useful.

Tiwi
10-17-2015, 08:22 AM
i had a wonderful spinal tap siphon blast rifle, and boy that held me through alot of expos. was very helpful

hempman
10-17-2015, 08:25 AM
keeping in mind i dont have the " best " guns that you pros do,i can say what ive noticed.
before,spinal tap was my go to.
now,this new syn,bio or syphon,really rips them up.
im getting around 3 times the hit points more than i do with the same st blast rifles with the hp ars and smgs and lmgs.
i havent tested my st lmg yet versus the hp lmg,mainly because i still need a recoil stock.

also,question for you guys,i had a friend over last nite,he was playing using a volge br and it was Tearing up the enemies,
getting 20k hit points on each shot and hes a low ego.
ive never seen a good volge weapon before,and am wondering wth? is up with his.

Johnny Gatt
10-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Syphon he is a lifesaver gun for sure. On vbi assault rifle vara nuts I usually run ionic barrel. With syphon I will run with a power bore for some extra punch to make up for the damage penalty placed on what used to be the best nano in game. If you run with a plate slicer or bio weapon as secondary and a high cap shield you will be pretty well set. You won't be totally invincible but even at threat level 10 you will be able to hold your own pretty good unless you get overwhelmed by mobs.