PDA

View Full Version : Too many players....

Ryu Soba JP
10-16-2015, 07:34 PM
Way too many players during the event Arkfalls. So much that it's causing the enemies to phase out. So much that only part of the participants actually spawn in after the ark is over.
Seems like these world servers need to be able to house more than 100 players. Lol

Big Jack Shepard
10-16-2015, 07:54 PM
Yesterday at one point there hadn't been a major HH for about 20mins to half an hour and everyone went there at the same time when one showed. Many people critted out. I got back on faster than most and my friends list only had about 4 people on it when it is usually maxed. I'd never seen a major crit like that in open world before. lol

wjssmith
10-16-2015, 08:56 PM
I can't speak for all of the shards but the one I'm on only has 1 or 2 majors all day so when 1 drops "everyone" shows up. Then all of the shard hoppers pile in on top.

Johnny Gatt
10-16-2015, 09:22 PM
Do you guys have any idea how many hamsters it would take to power enough servers to keep you happy ?? Geez. It will only be like this for two more weeks... then everyone will leave until fall harvest.

Gaige12
10-16-2015, 10:49 PM
Do you guys have any idea how many hamsters it would take to power enough servers to keep you happy ?? Geez. It will only be like this for two more weeks... then everyone will leave until fall harvest.

Maybe if we had normal hamsters, we would be better off.

To save a few bucks, we got these guys (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd8vl5LJoM8) from the temp agency tho. :(

xXxDSMer
10-17-2015, 02:10 AM
Maybe if we had normal hamsters, we would be better off.

To save a few bucks, we got these guys (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd8vl5LJoM8) from the temp agency tho. :(

LOL

That's actually about right.

clay marrow
10-17-2015, 02:48 AM
Idk what why or how but since the first armistice event my connection issues have disappeared. Sure I get the connection has timed outside message everyday but I very rarely crit or hard freeze any more. I have the same internet and system as always and would love to know why its so.much better so we could make everyone's issues go away. Its not fair this happens to anyone...

adrokier
10-17-2015, 03:14 AM
On PS Platforms its the normal state of art ^^ ... Trion rewarding us with OJ lag and OJ crit ... today in the morning its very bad for all

hempman
10-17-2015, 08:30 AM
On PS Platforms its the normal state of art ^^ ... Trion rewarding us with OJ lag and OJ crit ... today in the morning its very bad for all
they Supremed the lag on a 5% chance.
the crit took a 15% chance.

IrisaLover
10-17-2015, 10:58 AM
It gets really bad when 100-200 players all dogpile onto the same major arkfall. EVERYTHING and EVERYONE goes invisible. Fighting becomes impossible; your best bet is to just stand by the sidelines and wait for it to be over.

Mrdr
10-17-2015, 02:04 PM
it gets really bad when 100-200 players all dogpile onto the same major arkfall. Everything and everyone goes invisible. Fighting becomes impossible; your best bet is to just stand by the sidelines and wait for it to be over.
bmg...bmg...bmg...

DR MURDER
10-17-2015, 02:18 PM
they Supremed the lag on a 5% chance.
the crit took a 15% chance.

Omfg....literally effin laughed out load... Wow...well said

Gaige12
10-17-2015, 06:06 PM
bmg...bmg...bmg...

Just stand near the ammo crate and spam the whole field with a Scourge. :p

Nefarious
10-17-2015, 06:51 PM
If possible it would be cool if the Final of Major's were an open world Phased Instance holding up to 60 players or something to help prevent rendering issues. But that cant happen. But something has to be done. Whats happening barley passes for a video game. You go to these events and it has nothing to show for it. The real events are the Minors and Ark Breaks, HH Majors blow.

Cars being unable to spawn in the red circle of arkfalls would help some. And its not like thats some kind of foreign concept. When entering "Dark Matter Base" with a vehicle they explode and are unable to be spawned within its perimeter. That would help prevent this nimrod tactic of just spawning rollers just to shoot them with Infectors to spawn bugs so they can go off to do all the work.

And just point management in general could be done better with weapons. Aiming has never been such a far 2nd priority in any shooter game as it is in Defiance. Its pretty ******ed on how much the weapons that don't need aim get babied, they should give very minimum points compared to the ones that do.

Hexthat
10-17-2015, 07:41 PM
Cars being unable to spawn in the red circle of arkfalls would help some. And its not like thats some kind of foreign concept. When entering "Dark Matter Base" with a vehicle they explode and are unable to be spawned within its perimeter. That would help prevent this nimrod tactic of just spawning rollers just to shoot them with Infectors to spawn bugs so they can go off to do all the work.

Cars are needed to keep the hulkers from running out of the circle and getting lost.

Olaf
10-17-2015, 08:10 PM
That would help prevent this nimrod tactic of just spawning rollers just to shoot them with Infectors to spawn bugs so they can go off to do all the work.

Wait people are actually doing this lol? Sounds utterly pointless to me.

Yun
10-17-2015, 08:36 PM
It's not too bad sure I get rare glimpses of some Hulker's before I'm steamrolled, but in the process I pump them full o' lead and maybe an exploding pumpkin or two. Just wish the drop rates were a tad better have yet to see an actual purple drop in any of the event activities other than as a final reward from the scores. Like most events it's always just blues and greens littering the landscape.

Cobra Crusher
10-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Wait people are actually doing this lol? Sounds utterly pointless to me.

You must not be on Xbox NA. It happens every major.

Nefarious
10-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Cars are needed to keep the hulkers from running out of the circle and getting lost.

Yeah... sure... that's what the cars are needed for within a Major...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would rather take my chances on the Hulkers running off somehow and being able see them to go chase them then going to a event and not seeing them at all.

Ryu Soba JP
10-19-2015, 10:17 PM
It gets really bad when 100-200 players all dogpile onto the same major arkfall. EVERYTHING and EVERYONE goes invisible. Fighting becomes impossible; your best bet is to just stand by the sidelines and wait for it to be over.

I just did this and it hard locked my console. When I came back the Hulker Arkfall was over an I got nothing. Honestly, as a gamer this is one of the worse feelings. To play for hours a day and get disconnected majority if the time and lose any progress. Very upsetting to see all the effort wasted. Even more discouraging when you come back and the event is over and you get nothing.

chachingboy1
10-19-2015, 10:25 PM
I just did this and it hard locked my console. When I came back the Hulker Arkfall was over an I got nothing. Honestly, as a gamer this is one of the worse feelings. To play for hours a day and get disconnected majority if the time and lose any progress. Very upsetting to see all the effort wasted. Even more discouraging when you come back and the event is over and you get nothing. Trion really needs to step it up, why even have a massive MMO when your servers cannot support 100+ people in 1 place. Or in PS3's case, anyone. I don't know how they plan to sell bits and DLC when their servers do not work.

IrisaLover
10-20-2015, 03:05 PM
I just did this and it hard locked my console. When I came back the Hulker Arkfall was over an I got nothing. Honestly, as a gamer this is one of the worse feelings. To play for hours a day and get disconnected majority if the time and lose any progress. Very upsetting to see all the effort wasted. Even more discouraging when you come back and the event is over and you get nothing.

That's what you get for playing console. Join the PCNA master race; our problems are slightly less bad :)

Olaf
10-20-2015, 03:38 PM
That's what you get for playing console. Join the PCNA master race; our problems are slightly less bad :)

Alot of us would, but you know, we were duped at game launch thinking we were purchasing a stable game etc... Now we have max ego toons on these God awful ps3 servers and we can't even PAY trion to copy our toon to pc.
Wish I could.

r1p
10-20-2015, 04:06 PM

See my post:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?225935-PC-vs-PS3-Content-Wise&p=1834251&viewfull=1#post1834251