PDA

View Full Version : PC vs PS3 Content Wise

chachingboy1
10-19-2015, 12:53 AM
Sadly I am unable to run Defiance on PC so I decided to download it on PS3, I am wondering what the difference is content wise. I assume the PC version is more supported than the PS3 version so I'd probably be missing out on stuff (Perhaps the Halloween event), thanks in advance!

Escyos
10-19-2015, 12:54 AM
No content is exclusive to a platform. You get everything PC and Xbox does.

chachingboy1
10-19-2015, 12:56 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the fast reply :D

WhiteStrike
10-19-2015, 06:49 AM
No content is exclusive to a platform. You get everything PC and Xbox does.
Consoles have extra content:Unbearable Lag.

Ea Rapture
10-19-2015, 07:02 AM
Consoles have extra content:Unbearable Lag.

You forget we have higher critical error rates.

Olaf
10-19-2015, 09:49 AM
You forget we have higher critical error rates.

And Hardfreezes daily to go along with the usual 20-30 crit disconnects

s1cKb0y
10-19-2015, 10:46 AM
yea console version comes with the extra dc/crit/lag pack for free!

Ea Rapture
10-19-2015, 11:42 AM
yea console version comes with the extra dc/crit/lag pack for free!

In fact, you'll likely see this 100% more than actual game content. Lol.

r1p
10-19-2015, 11:44 AM
We also get the honor, nay the privilege, of having PC users look down their noses at us with utter disdain. Oh how we, the un-washed peasants who can only idly dream of day when we may be fortunate to join the pantheon of our PC using superiors, bask in the disdain so justly heaped upon us. Although I fear it may never come to pass for myself, I slave tirelessly every day so that my children may someday be blessed with an opportunity to rise above their station and cast aside the squalor of their ancestor's console-based roots.

Ea Rapture
10-19-2015, 11:52 AM
We also get the honor, nay the privilege, of having PC users look down their noses at us with utter disdain. Oh how we, the un-washed peasants who can only idly dream of day when we may be fortunate to join the pantheon of our PC using superiors, bask in the disdain so justly heaped upon us. Although I fear it may never come to pass for myself, I slave tirelessly every day so that my children may someday be blessed with an opportunity to rise above their station and cast aside the squalor of their ancestor's console-based roots.

Yeah! Make some Tacos! :)

DR MURDER
10-19-2015, 12:36 PM
Trion added supreme crit and oj lag on 5% chance 1st time....

chachingboy1
10-19-2015, 09:43 PM
I've been playing for a bit now, lot of fun but yeah. I don't know if it is because of the halloween event but the servers seem very, very **** on PS3. Vending Machines not loading, objects not loading, weapons not loading, enemies not loading, NPCs not loading, players not loading, having the game think you are still in a vending machine and having to wait 2 minutes for it to realize you are not, HUD not loading, menus not loading, DCs. yeah.... Maybe it's the Halloween event so I'll postpone buying any DLC until I know for sure.

Johnny Gatt
10-19-2015, 10:25 PM
Trion added supreme crit and oj lag on 5% chance 1st time....

With 90% chance to hard freeze on loading. Cool down 7 mins

Ryu Soba JP
10-19-2015, 11:27 PM
I've been playing for a bit now, lot of fun but yeah. I don't know if it is because of the halloween event but the servers seem very, very **** on PS3. Vending Machines not loading, objects not loading, weapons not loading, enemies not loading, NPCs not loading, players not loading, having the game think you are still in a vending machine and having to wait 2 minutes for it to realize you are not, HUD not loading, menus not loading, DCs. yeah.... Maybe it's the Halloween event so I'll postpone buying any DLC until I know for sure.

Event/ no event. We are plagued. The Black Death consumes all.

This is a big reason why so many have left.

chachingboy1
10-19-2015, 11:47 PM
Event/ no event. We are plagued. The Black Death consumes all.

This is a big reason why so many have left.

I can see why, it's a damn shame. Trion has something here, something good but broken, something they refuse to fix. I may have to follow suit and leave, I don't want to but I also don't want to restart my PS3 every 30 minutes just to play a game.

You'd think Trion hates money at this point, new/upgraded servers would make people spend money easier knowing they can actually play (I'd buy the season pass if the servers were upgraded) and would bring in new players to spend money.

r1p
10-20-2015, 06:01 AM
I assume that Trion believes that they have reached the point of diminishing returns with the game. They sat down and calculated that there was too much risk and not enough reward if they put more money and resources into the game due to things like:

The age of the game
2 of the 3 platforms it is on are last gen and winding down
Any bump it received from the TV show will be gone due to its cancellation
Games have/are being released that will continue to drain customers (Destiny, Star Wars, Fallout 4, The Division)

Since people are more than willing to make bit store purchases even with all of the issues that the game has Trion has no incentive to do anything except create things that take a minimal amount of effort and but still generates revenue. This is why we have hunter reqs, bit store only lockboxes, and all of the "new" content that is just a re-skin of existing content.

Finally, everyone who is advocating that people should stop making bit store purchases until things are fixed should understand that it is too late for it to be effective. Since the show was cancelled there is no contractual obligation to keep the game operational. This means that as soon as it is deemed to be "not profitable enough" to keep supporting it will be shelved and any Defiance resources will be re-directed to their newer properties.

Gaige12
10-20-2015, 07:07 AM
I assume that Trion believes that they have reached the point of diminishing returns with the game. They sat down and calculated that there was too much risk and not enough reward if they put more money and resources into the game due to things like:

The age of the game
2 of the 3 platforms it is on are last gen and winding down
Any bump it received from the TV show will be gone due to its cancellation
Games have/are being released that will continue to drain customers (Destiny, Star Wars, Fallout 4, The Division)

Since people are more than willing to make bit store purchases even with all of the issues that the game has Trion has no incentive to do anything except create things that take a minimal amount of effort and but still generates revenue. This is why we have hunter reqs, bit store only lockboxes, and all of the "new" content that is just a re-skin of existing content.

Finally, everyone who is advocating that people should stop making bit store purchases until things are fixed should understand that it is too late for it to be effective. Since the show was cancelled there is no contractual obligation to keep the game operational. This means that as soon as it is deemed to be "not profitable enough" to keep supporting it will be shelved and any Defiance resources will be re-directed to their newer properties.

This about sums it up.

/Thread