PDA

View Full Version : Livestream Q&A Gathering Thread: October 23 @ 3:30 PM PDT

CM Kiwibird
10-19-2015, 05:17 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/10/all-in-one_blog.jpg

Howdy ark hunters!

We're back with another Q&A gathering thread! We will have a livestream this Friday at 3:30 PM PDT. Our topics should include:

- Future Public Test Server Updates
- Hulker Hell feedback
- Extra Life
- More!

We'll briefly discuss the Aquarium at Monterey and the associated testing schedule during this stream, so make sure to tune in! As always, please remember to keep all questions constructive.

See you on Twitch soon!

Ea Rapture
10-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Will you be discussing EXL Date and time of event? I'd love to join in this year. Will rewards differ? Or will it be the same guns with new Rolls?

J3R3MIAHS
10-19-2015, 05:27 PM
Increase spaces in inventory. And different inventory for rigs/chips.

unheardof
10-19-2015, 05:30 PM
will the reserve chamber ever be fixed on the ground pounders cause the pumkin one does the same thing the milking maid does it only spawns child grenades on 3 of the shots

Olaf
Will you start selling 3300 arkforge packages?

Can we get loot Karma like Trove?

Will you give us a definitive answer as to why defiance will always crit timeout on ps3?

Will you start to sell guaranteed jackpots, you know like the apex bundle?

Dixie Cougar
The Berserker Shotgun and VBI SMG used in the event are widely considered underpowered. Is there a chance these will be looked at soon as the Blast Rifle was?

Knowing the answer to this will be very helpful for inventory management in the next couple weeks.

wjssmith
10-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Will major event spawn rates be fixed for Extra Life or continue spawning 1 every 6 hours like in the last 3 events.

SanCarioca
10-19-2015, 06:44 PM
The lack of inventory management options is actually making me consider giving up on Defiance, for the first time ever. I am already playing less and less the game, because I know that every new item I gain from it will bear with it an incredible tedious and cumbersome task to be dealt with.

I have been here for two years, but only in the last year I reached 400 inventory slots. I can not believe people have endured the suffering of scrolling down 300+ items just to make a trade. Or favorite an item. We have to do that for EACH new item we have. Buying more slots will only make my problem worse.

I know this message is different from my usual tone. I already have made considerable efforts to help with suggestions on how to modernize this UI, and I understand timing constraints, priorities, etc. But I can't take it anymore, sorry. Consider this message a cry for help, actually. I don't mean to impose anything.

unheardof
10-19-2015, 06:56 PM
will there be a fix soon for the game freezing when you try and retrieve mods from a gun or when using chip pullers to remove a chip

s1cKb0y
10-19-2015, 07:17 PM
Will major event spawn rates be fixed for Extra Life or continue spawning 1 every 6 hours like in the last 3 events.

came here to ask the same thing, would be cool if u can increase it now...

Olaf
10-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Loot Karma? Loot Karma?event currency where the more arkfalls u do and high score, the more currency u get to buy that elusive jp at the end of event? Why can't we have this??

Ray8888
10-19-2015, 09:11 PM
the lack of inventory management options is actually making me consider giving up on defiance, for the first time ever. I am already playing less and less the game, because i know that every new item i gain from it will bear with it an incredible tedious and cumbersome task to be dealt with.

I have been here for two years, but only in the last year i reached 400 inventory slots. I can not believe people have endured the suffering of scrolling down 300+ items just to make a trade. Or favorite an item. We have to do that for each new item we have. Buying more slots will only make my problem worse.

please!!!!!

Fallen_Aingeal
10-19-2015, 09:37 PM
Gonna sound off about inventory also. Something really needs to be done about it...

Tanqueray
10-19-2015, 09:49 PM
With no auction house and trading relying on the forums so much can we get the ability to export our inventory to a text file with the relevant info for weapons/mods and even bbcodes for copy/paste?

Hunter0
10-19-2015, 10:04 PM
Will the JPs for the upcoming evnts be renewed ?

Ryu Soba JP
10-19-2015, 11:21 PM
Will stability, Hardlocks, rewards and RNG be addressed and adjusted for future events? Hulker Hell is fun but, constantly disconnecting, hard locking the console not recieving rewards for events because of previously mentioned reasons and even though it was stated that there was an increase in jackpot drop rates this does not seem evident in game.
Personally I have 2 toons that have completed pursuits and all thy have to show for it are a few decent epic weapons an a Legendary. Other weapons were gifts. I keep seeing the same players pulling named jackpots though. Rather discouraging.

clay marrow
10-19-2015, 11:34 PM
Now that we can upgrade our gear to t6 will t5 standard syn mods ever be introduced?

WhiteStrike
10-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Are there any plans to add 2 separate sliders for vertical sensitivity and horizontal sensitivity?

chachingboy1
10-20-2015, 12:01 AM
Will the servers for console ever be upgraded?
Can you fix the PS3 version, or is it hopeless?
And what about implementing EGO tiers for Shadow War/PVP? So if low EGO players want to play some PVP they don't have to go against people with thousands of EGO and top tier gear.

Hunter0
10-20-2015, 12:06 AM
will there be an option to mute the ego's voice ?

Claydough
10-20-2015, 02:08 AM
can more loadout slots please be reviewed again?
we have yet another synergy we have to work into our extremely limited loadout builds.

can we have to option to gift bits?

can we please have an update on arkbreaker weapons in the live stream?

why is the value for the triple consume bundle so awkward?
it cost more than the $50 pack, and still comes up short with the $5 pack forcing you to pay more and have left over bits.

Jaydogg
10-20-2015, 02:24 AM
Does the scavenger syn actually increase number of drops or the quality. Also is there a way we can know when it's activated? Like the pop ups you get when synergys or effects trigger.

doctordabs
10-20-2015, 03:00 AM
or at least that you dont care

....about drop rates and player satisfaction?

seriously... hulker hell drop rates are bulls**t ,
wont even talk about hallowpoint - it's a glitter synergy
Played expeds - made it past round 10. alone. - got nothing but garbage drops that where useless guns nobody uses.

dont add more stuff before you fix the bs reward systems.

since you'll *never* publicly admit you have a broken rng.....

PithHelmetIrath
10-20-2015, 04:59 AM
Inventory management.. will it ever be streamlined in the future?
Patron pass contracts.. will they always show up, even when a PP isn't active?
Extra Life 2015.. will new items be available for those who participate?
Extra Life 2015.. will new activities be available to play in the game for the event?

Bentu
10-20-2015, 05:22 AM
I know this message is different from my usual tone. I already have made considerable efforts to help with suggestions on how to modernize this UI, and I understand timing constraints, priorities, etc. But I can't take it anymore, sorry. Consider this message a cry for help, actually. I don't mean to impose anything.

Trion please answer inventory questions.

ACIDXFLAMES
10-20-2015, 05:26 AM
It would also be really great if the big boomers were without the redlocks

Ea Rapture
10-20-2015, 06:39 AM
A friend of mine asked I post this:

Will we ever see Mod Rerolls, like we see with Rolls (Making a High Cap to Reload, or vice versa.)

Also, will we be able to upgrade the rarity of these mods? From T4 to T5?

Ray8888
10-20-2015, 07:25 AM
1 Inventory
2 The useless faction vendors
3 Arkbreaker Supremes

Detri
10-20-2015, 07:31 AM
Uhhh do we make suggestions here? I think there should be a send pm/group invite etc button on the inspection screen. I know the code to send whispers and invites already but this would make it easier.

Olaf
10-20-2015, 07:59 AM
why is the value for the triple consume bundle so awkward?
it cost more than the $50 pack, and still comes up short with the $5 pack forcing you to pay more and have left over bits.

I'm convinced they do this on purpose to get extra cash. Why else wouldn't there be a 3300 arkforge package that is affordable with 1 bit package purchase, instead we have 2 buy 2 lots of bits and have left over bits to do 1 upgrade, let's not even mention the fact it's about 100$ an upgrade lol

BaronFrosch
10-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Can we see arkforge being sold to other Vendors and not only limited to the Chimera Vendor? This would give players some interest to complete other dailies (namely Paradise & Echelon).

hempman
10-20-2015, 08:13 AM
why did you tell us the t5s would drop ingame and then switch it to bitstore only??!!

why did you tell us the Drop rates would be Increased and then NERF them Worse than the last event??!!

why did you tell us you Understood our frustration over Converter mag drops and then Increased them for this event After saying they would be Reduced??!!

what makes you think we are going to Bother doing your Expos anymore when the Rewards Simply Dont make it Worth our Time to play them??!!

now,we understand you probably wont answer these simple questions,because you guys duck all the important ones.
but,try asking Yourselves these questions,and look at it from our end.
you want us to spend money and we want you to Deliver what you Promise us.

would you Personally want to spend money on this game,
if all your questions frustrations and pleas for help go ignored??
the amount of Time versus Fun factor,is Wayyyy out of balance.
Please,Fix the RnG bs and the servers.
that is all.

r1p
10-20-2015, 08:59 AM
will there be an option to mute the ego's voice ?

You already can in settings but it does mute ALL of the NPC's.

Ryu Soba JP
10-20-2015, 09:08 AM
Are there any plans to add 2 separate sliders for vertical sensitivity and horizontal sensitivity?

This is a great idea. My toons keep walking on their own and it's caused a few bad situations.

Logain
10-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Is there anyway for Trion to have a contest/drawing were the winner(s) get the opportunity to work with Trion staff to design Jackpot weapons for an upcoming event?

PithHelmetIrath
10-20-2015, 09:21 AM
When will we see outfits from the (recently cancelled) TV show be added to the game? Sorry, but "outfit inspired by Barbarella" does absolutely nothing for me..

bryman
10-20-2015, 10:10 AM
With the Defiance television show bieng cancelled, does this lift the nda (non disclosure agreements) with upcoming game content bieng released. and the time frame in which they are released in? If so, can you talk about upcoming game content bieng released for next summer(season 4 game content). Is there a plan for a comic book series in the works? I have many more questions but these seem to be the most important ones at the moment.

Grandpa Ace
10-20-2015, 10:43 AM
or at least that you dont care

....about drop rates and player satisfaction?

seriously... hulker hell drop rates are bulls**t ,
wont even talk about hallowpoint - it's a glitter synergy
Played expeds - made it past round 10. alone. - got nothing but garbage drops that where useless guns nobody uses.

dont add more stuff before you fix the bs reward systems.

since you'll *never* publicly admit you have a broken rng.....

Unfortunately--I'll have to agree.

1st--if you doubled the named weapon drop rate, it does not show; and the spawn rate for majors really suck. OR--Maybe that was the plan, viz. double the drop rate at majors, but decrease the spawn rate of majors :(

2nd--taking the named weapon away from the weekly "Pumpkin Head" in this case, is another sign that you all don't care about "player satisfaction." The result is ppl are leaving by the droves. Sorry, but you are losing to Destiny and Metal Gear.

3rd--Expedition rewards are a joke--always have been!!!!!! Just as bad as the "Drag me to Hell" end drops--really, the same as a regular "Smash and Grab."

My 2 cents worth, so here is your HH feedback.
GPA

Sevrin
10-20-2015, 11:06 AM
Can we get a way to save our Expedition progress....even for 24 hours?

Logain
10-20-2015, 11:15 AM
Can we get a way to save our Expedition progress....even for 24 hours?

+1 to this but prefer a longer period than 24 hours.

Neutronenstern
10-20-2015, 11:46 AM
What about inventory managment???
Please, we need it. Any answer...will you look at this?
The inventory is a pain. Buy more space, increase the horror to find an item. (Thats not good to make money)
Since months the community ask for this, please don't ignore this questions!

Claydough
10-20-2015, 12:13 PM
Is there anyway for Trion to have a contest/drawing were the winner(s) get the opportunity to work with Trion staff to design Jackpot weapons for an upcoming event?

This! So this!

I bet there are some very talented people who would like to design weapon skins, and would probley do it for free.

Detri
10-20-2015, 12:16 PM
This! So this!

I bet there are some very talented people who would like to design weapon skins, and would probley do it for free.

I'm still waiting on Lucy from the show :D

Logain
10-20-2015, 12:27 PM
This! So this!

Meant design in the way of rolls, synergy, nano etc. But skin design would be cool too.

r1p
10-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Have they announced what was going to replace Omec Shield in the T4 lockbox jackpot yet and when it was going live? I was hoping that today's patch was going to address this since it is a week overdue.

Smokey Black
10-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Have they announced what was going to replace Omec Shield in the T4 lockbox jackpot yet and when it was going live? I was hoping that today's patch was going to address this since it is a week overdue.

They acknowledged it this week and said a new jp would be coming soon.

Ea Rapture
10-20-2015, 10:21 PM
When can we expect to see our T4 born ojs upgradable to Supreme?

SirServed
10-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Are you guys going to add an Instance Block (Public/Private) option? They don't timeout on-screen so I have to decline them all day every day. They even come to you when you're already inside of an instance. Attempting to decline them from an Expedition just tells you that you're already in matchmaking.

Olaf
10-22-2015, 06:50 AM
Can you please add mod pullers?

Br3ach
10-22-2015, 09:22 AM
1 Inventory
2 The useless faction vendors
3 Arkbreaker Supremes

+1, in reverse order for me.

Hexthat
10-22-2015, 09:29 AM
Will all the rest of the events this year have; rarely spawning majors, rare rewards for said majors, and horrible weekly gifts?

Fallen_Aingeal
10-22-2015, 09:32 AM
It was brought up in a different thread, but will mention here anyway.

What the hell is the plan with salvage? You keep mentioning that it's going to have a use, but we've been hearing that a long time with nothing done.

Gonna mention this again, as it can't be brought up enough.

Inventory is a bloody mess! You fixed it to where if I was salvaging/selling/converting to shards, that it would go to next item in list. Then one of the patches to fix a patch that botched a patch, completely destroyed this mechanic, and we're suffering through going through entire inventory for each action. Extremely cumbersome.

The chat channels are set up in tabs. how hard would this be to implement in inventory? Believe me, inventory is a much higher priority than tweaking the bit store.

Gotta ask about this also. How is the bit store doing? I remember specials all the time before patron pass was introduced. Reduced prices that actually drove ppl by the masses to boost inventory slots, purchase outfits, etc. Look at the books. I reckon you'll find more money was made during those times than now...Just a thought.

PithHelmetIrath
10-22-2015, 10:35 AM
Will all the rest of the events this year have; rarely spawning majors, rare rewards for said majors, and horrible weekly gifts?

Grrrrrrreat question!

Ryu Soba JP
10-23-2015, 01:43 AM
Could the team explain how RNG is determined per player?

Because I've been noticing the same players in these events are the one getting the Jackpots and Legendaries.
They are also the ones getting the Epic mods and in many cases are also the ones doing the least during the events.