PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate weapon

Escyos
10-21-2015, 02:33 AM
Trion should put a random Ultimate weapons in lockboxes on each platform.

Now by Ultimate I mean ones that can just take down an Ark Viscera in a single shot. Something that is so overpowered that people will offer billions of scrip for it. The kind of weapon that would piss off the masses at arkfalls when one guy is able to end it in a few minutes.

That or add a random hidden crate somewhere that gives out an Advanced weapon we can keep for 24 hours.

Olaf
10-21-2015, 02:54 AM

Now by Ultimate I mean ones that can just take down an Ark Viscera in a single shot. Something that is so overpowered that people will offer billions of scrip for it. The kind of weapon that would piss off the masses at arkfalls when one guy is able to end it in a few minutes.

That or add a random hidden crate somewhere that gives out an Advanced weapon we can keep for 24 hours.

Remember at game launch when people would use cheat engine to edit their damage output lol? They would end the arkfall crystals in 1 shot iirc.

Mrdr
10-21-2015, 03:32 AM
Oh man, I think certain people here might actually hyperventilate to the point of heart failure if Trion did this...this kind of imbalance could possibly tilt their world right off its axis and they may end up floating in space...all weapons previously determined to be "OP" will be the new green weapons and they would be forced to break tradition and call this ultimate weapon something else for "OP" would put it in the same realm as the mass cannon or slugger or a blue high cap rhino shield!!!

I like your idea...would be interesting if it was a limited use gun like the advanced weapons in certain parts of the game. Either that, or make it so that it must be traded in order to keep being used. One toon can only use it once or twice, ever, with no reloads. It can only be reloaded by trading it to another toon. Oh, and it could never be broken down or vended so it has to keep circulating or it will take up inventory space.

crazyged
10-21-2015, 04:29 AM
Ultimate weapon...

Feed me on baked beans for a day and I'll take down a whole mob of Viscera with one fart...

Olaf
10-21-2015, 06:08 AM
Ultimate weapon...

Feed me on baked beans for a day and I'll take down a whole mob of Viscera with one fart...

Lol, that reminds me, we need a Zeus Cannon on defiance =)

Claydough
10-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Is this a genuine suggestion?

Atticus Batman
10-21-2015, 04:07 PM
Oh man, I think certain people here might actually hyperventilate to the point of heart failure if Trion did this...this kind of imbalance could possibly tilt their world right off its axis and they may end up floating in space...all weapons previously determined to be "OP" will be the new green weapons and they would be forced to break tradition and call this ultimate weapon something else for "OP" would put it in the same realm as the mass cannon or slugger or a blue high cap rhino shield!!!

I like your idea...would be interesting if it was a limited use gun like the advanced weapons in certain parts of the game. Either that, or make it so that it must be traded in order to keep being used. One toon can only use it once or twice, ever, with no reloads. It can only be reloaded by trading it to another toon. Oh, and it could never be broken down or vended so it has to keep circulating or it will take up inventory space.

Would that make it a "SOP" (stupidly over-powered)? Anyway these are all interesting ideas. Why not make it like some games do with certain abilities? Give it a 24 hour cool-down after so many uses (usually one or two).

Although I think it should just be an advanced gun that has only two shots (then is usueless like all other advanced weapons) and only appears at random in certain events/locations.

Is this a genuine suggestion?

Yes I believe it is, as (iirc) he has suggested similar things before.

Claydough
10-21-2015, 05:03 PM
Can i get a sheild in pvp that makes me invicible?

And also a weapon that kills everyone in the match at once and wins me the game forever?

But make it rare so its balenced

Mrdr
10-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Can i get a sheild in pvp that makes me invicible?

And also a weapon that kills everyone in the match at once and wins me the game forever?

But make it rare so its balenced

Here they come....

Gaige12
10-21-2015, 05:26 PM
Instead of ingame ammo, make it shoot bits.

400 bits with each trigger pull. :) % bucks a shot will balance things right out.

Elucidate
10-21-2015, 05:30 PM
WTB this weapon. Offering 70m. I currently have 30 but I can quickly sell 1 item to make the difference

Nefarious
10-21-2015, 06:06 PM

I myself have no problem with the idea of "ultimate weapons". I submitted a whole idea covering something as such. Pretty much making the Advanced Weapons attainable. But in doing so to help balance them the ammo used by Advanced Weapons would be consumable based and would have to be bought with resources. Not only that but also depending on the Advanced Weapon itself would vary on how it would affect players mobility and loadout slots when equipped. --- So for example a Reaper Mini Gun would hinder a player mobility, take up both weapon slots, and not allow the use of grenades, stims, or spikes, just as it does now when picked up. The upside to it though would be that the Ammo for the Reaper wouldn't cost that much compared to other Advanced Weapons when considering its output Vs its hindering effects.

I wouldn't even care if there was a gun that could shoot a mini nuke. But of course it would only be able to carry 1 shot at any given time and the cost of the consumable shot would be very expensive ranging the use of many resource types to buy.

It could be done and super powerful weapons can be a thing. But with this its balanced.

Elucidate
10-21-2015, 06:13 PM
They would constantly get sniped lol

Fallen_Aingeal
10-22-2015, 10:12 AM

Make "Reb's Ridiculous Reaper". Fine, "consummable" ammo. Need to buy with resources. Yadda Yadda.

Did I mention that this particular Reaper has a protective shroud? 20 minutes of invulnerability with a 10 minute cool down..

Yeah, that's it...

Dixie Cougar
10-22-2015, 10:45 AM
Make "Reb's Ridiculous Reaper". Fine, "consummable" ammo. Need to buy with resources. Yadda Yadda.

Did I mention that this particular Reaper has a protective shroud? 20 minutes of invulnerability with a 10 minute cool down..

Yeah, that's it...

A gun that shoots ark salvage.

"I have 40 million rounds of gulanite-tipped, gulanite-cased, gulanite-primed, gulanite-propelled ammunition. I could do this all day."

Nefarious
10-22-2015, 02:49 PM

Well the Reaper was just a stand in example of how Advanced Weapons could work by staying powerful and having features to keep them balanced. All advanced weapons could work like this and even have new ones introduced.

And like I said there could even be a gun that could shoot a mini nuke off and act as such with everything that comes with it. But with having consumable ammos it wont be able to be spammed one shot after another.

Skiller115
10-23-2015, 08:41 PM
A gun that shoots ark salvage.

"I have 40 million rounds of gulanite-tipped, gulanite-cased, gulanite-primed, gulanite-propelled ammunition. I could do this all day."
I like this idea but even if you could get a reaper like gun that fired at 6000rpm it would take you 40000000/6000=6,666.667
6,666.667/60=111.111 111.111/24= 4.629 days of continuous fire!!!!
So yea you can do it all day 4 days straight!

Kuroro
10-23-2015, 09:57 PM
pvp needs something like that,to get a big gun when you do 15 followed kills without die,or become a gigant or become a hulker,but something when you do 15 kills without die.imagine a 7 meters player running and shotting,and everybody aiming at him,that would be so cool...

SUPREEM
10-24-2015, 06:20 AM
Why would Triton ever do something like that? Were talking about the people responsible for pulling named guns from weekly event gifts.