PDA

View Full Version : Save Defiance! Petition

Ryu Soba JP
10-22-2015, 10:37 AM
This was re tweeted by Stephanie Leonidas and I thought I would post it here.

Currently there is a petition asking Netflix to pick up Defiance and continue the show.
Below is the link.

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-save-the-defiance-tv-show?recruiter=409445927&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

PithHelmetIrath
10-22-2015, 10:41 AM
Easiest decision that I've made today..

Yun
10-22-2015, 07:15 PM
Consider it signed, especially if the actors are re-tweeting it as well it shows even they realize the show could still go on.

irisawifi
10-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Yup! Grant Bowler (Nolan) and Billy MacLellan (Bebe) RT'd the link as well:)

SCAVENGER1
10-23-2015, 01:42 AM
i signed as well

Johnny Gatt
10-23-2015, 02:50 AM
As an added bonus, if Netflix picks up the show, we could see some casti females nekkid.

W84IT
10-23-2015, 03:53 AM
i signed hope it helps

Johnny Stranger
10-23-2015, 04:32 AM
As an added bonus, if Netflix picks up the show, we could see some casti females nekkid.

don't get me too excited !!!! I'm older than most....not sure my heart could take seeing this ... LOL

Tauriiel
10-23-2015, 04:43 AM
Siiigned. I had to go through this schtako when Legend of the Seeker was cancelled. I think Defiance has a larger fan-base, so I hope these efforts pay off.

Dragon06
10-23-2015, 05:20 AM
Easy day and it was signed. Done!

Ray8888
10-23-2015, 05:23 AM
Amazon has the existing seasons. Netflix is not going to continue a competitors series. This is poorly thought out.

Clubbed Seal
10-23-2015, 02:53 PM
I signed the petition because I want to see if Nolan makes it back from Jackson. The roads are bumpy as hell around that city, all the curves are banked wrong for a tractor-trailer, and the locals have no idea how to merge onto I-55.

Netflix saved Longmire, and its fourth season was great. I don't see why Defiance couldn't get the same treatment.

s1cKb0y
10-23-2015, 02:59 PM
signed too!

Hexthat
10-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Signed.

I sure hope to see more Datak Tarr - the savage.

Warhorse1000
10-23-2015, 07:09 PM
Great catch OP...signed!

Ivory
10-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Signed

ignorethisIjustneedmorecharacterstopostthemessage

Jeff Lonestar
10-24-2015, 01:35 AM
i signed, consider the show saved! >=)

Big Jack Shepard
10-24-2015, 03:33 AM
There has to be a season 4 because Nolan needs a proper human toilet.

Warhorse1000
10-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Following up...

As of last night, there were 453 signatures after the petition started Oct 21st (this past Wednesday, as I write this). Can I ask the OP and maybe Kiwibird to update this---maybe even sticky it? Somebody should start checking the numbers every morning. I'd be curious to see how much support we can muster.

MadDogTremor
10-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Not signing it. I have too many bills to pay and two teen girls to raise. Not gonna pay out to Netflix too. Now, if it were a petition to make Sci-Fi (proper spelling tyvm) keep Defiance another Season or two on the Sci-Fi Channel....Yes, I would sign it.

Gaige12
10-24-2015, 11:52 AM

Should make the makeup/body paint guys happy too. :p

Altras
10-25-2015, 12:31 PM
Signed and shared :)

Nefarious
10-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Do we really want the show to come back? And possibly have it affect the game?

Trion is no longer held to the lore of the show anymore, its open to do and introduce what they want.

Gaige12
10-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Do we really want the show to come back? And possibly have it affect the game?

Trion is no longer held to the lore of the show anymore, its open to do and introduce what they want.

Which can be a *lot.

*of nothing.

Charapoo
10-26-2015, 02:47 AM
1) It is irrelevant that Amazon carries Defiance. They also have Netflix originals on Amazon (House of Cards).

2) Netflix is legit as a production company, and they would probably be up to the task.

3) Netflix needs more Sci-Fi in their line-up, this would rectify that.

4) Defiance was SyFy's highest rated show.

5) Trion was never constrained by the TV show content anyway. They even stated the two were intended to be able to exist independently. Just look at all the mobs in the game which have never appeared or been mentioned in the show.

6) Signed.

crazyged
10-26-2015, 04:19 AM
I'll sign it if they fire the existing writers...

irisawifi
10-26-2015, 08:58 AM
1) It is irrelevant that Amazon carries Defiance. They also have Netflix originals on Amazon (House of Cards).

2) Netflix is legit as a production company, and they would probably be up to the task.

3) Netflix needs more Sci-Fi in their line-up, this would rectify that.

4) Defiance was SyFy's highest rated show.

5) Trion was never constrained by the TV show content anyway. They even stated the two were intended to be able to exist independently. Just look at all the mobs in the game which have never appeared or been mentioned in the show.

6) Signed.

Thanks!

Not signing it. I have too many bills to pay and two teen girls to raise. Not gonna pay out to Netflix too. Now, if it were a petition to make Sci-Fi (proper spelling tyvm) keep Defiance another Season or two on the Sci-Fi Channel....Yes, I would sign it.

At this point, we just need signatures to show support. It's not 100% that Netfix will take it but the petition with many signatures could be useful in the future if we need to contact someone else. It's going to be a long process, but I'm in it for the long haul. Hope you sign and spread the message.

Following up...

As of last night, there were 453 signatures after the petition started Oct 21st (this past Wednesday, as I write this). Can I ask the OP and maybe Kiwibird to update this---maybe even sticky it? Somebody should start checking the numbers every morning. I'd be curious to see how much support we can muster.

It's up to 642. I check it everyday- whispers: I'm obsessed.

The twitter acct for the petition posts updates. Check it out @bringbackdefi

irisawifi
10-26-2015, 08:59 AM

I'm not certain, but the writers may not necessarily be the same. If a network picks it up I'm sure there will be negotiations, etc.

irisawifi
10-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Sorry for another post. Just wanted to add Kevin Shand (who played the Sensoths), The Avila boys' family (Baby Luke), and the ever-lovely Stephanie Leonidas, RT'd the petition.

Hoping Tony Curran pulls through and shares the link as well ;)

kacha
10-26-2015, 09:11 AM
Signed. I will be posted link as clan message to generate more interest. As well as anywhere else I may think of MUHAHAHAHAHA.

Kacha

LieGius Nathanos
10-26-2015, 01:16 PM
I would love to see its returned to TV..
But I have a question... Couldn't we give donations/kickstarters to the game to help with up building it and adding more player input?

DeMoNofDEATH
10-26-2015, 01:51 PM
Signed it as well

Grigsy
10-27-2015, 09:05 AM
Signed and the word spread via the book of the face.

Tex_Arcana
10-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Signed.
Haven't been ingame; but still want to be in show.

irisawifi
10-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Closing in on 800 signers. 30 more to go. :)

Ryu Soba JP
10-29-2015, 03:15 AM
We really need to find a way to get the word out to the larger viewing audience. Like the other 1 million viewers.

irisawifi
10-29-2015, 08:29 AM
Other than spamming Facebook, I'm just not sure how.

Someone mentioned a blog for fans to sign their thoughts on the show. It wouldn't be tied to one specific network.

How does that sound?

BTW 162 to go to reach 1000.

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-save-the-defiance-tv-show

Sea_Jay
10-30-2015, 02:57 AM
More people have to learn about this - I am fairly sure there exist A LOT more than 1000 fans of DEFIANCE - just from the Amazon sales alone... Not to mention also the iTunes and Google Play sales.
"Ratings" can not and do not measure all the viewers of on-line shows, and do not measure people who buy shows on google, amazon, iTunes, or just watch on Netflix.
Defiance IS SyFy's most highest rated show. Binge watching episodes back-to-back really paints the story of a great Novel in progress.
With all the current story lines of The Omec Ship, Doc Yewll's clone waiting to awaken from the tank, Berlin returning to Defiance, Datak Tarr and family surviving against all odds, the show must go on. Ok, I understand they lost a few actors - but in a SciFi world, it is so easy to bring in new fresh talent - fresh faces Alien or Human.
Continue to Live in DEFIANCE!
It is SOOO much better than Star Trek, and Worlds better than Star Wars, and both of those franchises Earned hundreds of millions of dollars. Continue the series, more people need to sign the petition - and TRION should feature the petition in-game.

PithHelmetIrath
10-30-2015, 05:02 AM
Now I like watching Defiance, but Defiance being "worlds better" than Star Wars?

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/Futurama_zps61fa9d23.gif

kacha
10-30-2015, 05:26 AM
Well I ended up posting the petition on LinkedIn don't know if it helped or not but figured it was worth a shot :)

Kacha <Tears of Defiance>

Ray8888
10-30-2015, 10:48 AM
I dont know why I keep saying this but youre barking up the wrong tree.
http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/hannibal/news/a482312/amazon-instant-video-lands-exclusive-shows-hannibal-defiance/

Sea_Jay
10-30-2015, 06:03 PM
Dear TRION,

You are a great big software corporation making money making games !
Could YOU purchase DEFIANCE the TV-Show from SyFy - maybe they would sell it to you ?

It would end the Split ownership - and give TRION a little more creative control over the game and the show,
bringing more together for both - as one unit.

So TRION - would you kindly please purchase DEFIANCE off of SyFy ?

Ray8888
11-01-2015, 03:20 AM
The production company is owned by NBC Universal and the streaming rights are held by Amazon. Trion cant afford a graphic artist on staff.

The F is wrong with you people?

Ronin9572
11-01-2015, 03:50 AM
The production company is owned by NBC Universal and the streaming rights are held by Amazon. Trion cant afford a graphic artist on staff.

The F is wrong with you people?

LOL your cracking me up this morning Ray8888. I like your style! Keep em coming.

irisawifi
11-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Amazon has streaming rights of past episodes. Not new ones. If anyone would like to make a petition to Amazon go ahead, please. I will sign that as well and I'm sure all the other fans will sign it too. This is not a competition on who has the best idea or who can get it saved.

"I don't know why I keep saying this", but a bunch of us thought about Amazon as well but chose Netflix as a starting point for multiple reasons. If Netflix doesn't pick it up we go elsewhere. Is this inefficient? Maybe. But we are just fans and showing support is one of the few things we can do. It's not easy when you're working with a small group of people trying to spread the word on different platforms. Anyone and everyone who RTs or posts it on Facebook etc is very much appreciated.

I said this before and I'll say it again. I don't care how long it takes. I will be happy with a movie 5 years from now. I'm a fan who's not willing to let go just yet.

Moving on..

We passed 1000 signers.
Thank you! <3

PS Sea_Jay I love your enthusiasm but television production is very different than video game production.

Mayday
11-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Signed..sealed...delivered...

Ronin9572
11-02-2015, 04:09 AM
Funny thing is Netflix is already streaming Dark Matter,but not Defiance. So that makes you wonder...

irisawifi
11-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Funny thing is Netflix is already streaming Dark Matter,but not Defiance. So that makes you wonder...

They have different production companies.