PDA

View Full Version : Controlled Burst Magazine II? What does it Sledge?

hellrazare
04-06-2013, 12:59 AM
I looted this mod from a side mission reward. It says +3 burst on the info window. No other description. I added it too a LMG that had a 3 round burst shot. There is no diffrence that i can tell that this mod makes whatsoever? There is no website or Manuel that lists what the stats on mods or guns does. Nor what elements do what. This should not be so.

Komakala
04-06-2013, 01:46 AM
It will change a full auto weapon to 3 round burst fire mode. Adding it to a weapon that was already three round burst would make the three round burst into a three round burst, or basically have no effect.

hellrazare
04-06-2013, 05:21 AM
Sadly they dont have anything on the site, or in the gamecase, or anywhere too decribe anything. :(

atlantix
04-06-2013, 05:23 AM
I looted this mod from a side mission reward. It says +3 burst on the info window. No other description. I added it too a LMG that had a 3 round burst shot. There is no diffrence that i can tell that this mod makes whatsoever? There is no website or Manuel that lists what the stats on mods or guns does. Nor what elements do what. This should not be so.

it makes the semi-auto rifles into 3round burst rifle

its really effective mod if you use it in Heavy Assault carbine

megrundle
05-29-2013, 06:27 PM
I added it to a single shot AR and it made it into a burst weapon, damage stayed the same and the gun shoots as fast as u can pull the trigger

Omnifarious Xji
05-29-2013, 06:34 PM
The burst mag causes any weapon it is attached to, to have a 3 round burst. It does not add +3 bullets to a burst. It only gives the weapon a three round burst. If you put it on an automatic weapon, it will fire in 3 round bursts. If you put it on a 5 round burst, it will reduce it to a 3 round burst. If you put it on a 3 round burst weapon, well, it won't have any effect, because the weapon is already a 3 round burst weapon. It is the most effective on semi-auto rifles. Particularly the FRC Heavy Assault Carbine. 444 damage per round. Makes it into the best AR in the game.

Yorg
05-29-2013, 06:38 PM
I've been wondering if it would help to control recoil on a SAW, have tighter grouping for the first 6 rounds.

squidgod2000
05-29-2013, 06:43 PM
The burst mag causes any weapon it is attached to, to have a 3 round burst. It does not add +3 bullets to a burst. It only gives the weapon a three round burst. If you put it on an automatic weapon, it will fire in 3 round bursts. If you put it on a 5 round burst, it will reduce it to a 3 round burst. If you put it on a 3 round burst weapon, well, it won't have any effect, because the weapon is already a 3 round burst weapon. It is the most effective on semi-auto rifles. Particularly the FRC Heavy Assault Carbine. 444 damage per round. Makes it into the best AR in the game.

Catch is that the semi-autos' default mag is only 20. The Toolworks Frontier Battle Rifle is a very good, easy-to-get semi-auto.

Frontier Battle Rifle
DMG: 440
Fire Rate 9.3
Mag: 20
Reload: 2.1
Crit Mult: 1.5x
Bloom: .35

Synergy: Prepared
[1] 1% ammo regen / 10 sec.
[2] 2% ammo regen / 10 sec.
[3] +5% DMG on next shot after melee kill (expires after 10 sec.)
[4] +10% DMG on next shot after melee kill (expires after 10 sec.)

x0.85 Reload
x0.90 Reload
x1.03 Fire Rate
10% Ego power recharge on full reload

Leveled bonus on mine was 4% self-revive refresh on kill.

Basically you blow through your mag super fast, but reload is extremely quick and it recharges your ego each time (though I think I saw something about a cooldown in the patch notes--it hasn't been added to the tooltip). Synergy isn't the greatest, but that just means you don't have to spend weeks farming contracts to get the mods. Lack of a nano-effect is also a drawback.

Stick a burst mod on that and you've got a high-damage, high-accuracy AR that's tough to beat. I use it in conjunction with a Burst-modded FRC SAW--Saw for raw damage output, Battle Rifle for precision work.

fang1192
05-29-2013, 07:15 PM
It reacts weirdly with LMGs, particularly with the SAW and Thunder types. It adds a weird 3 round burst every 2 - 3 normal bullets.

Yorg
05-29-2013, 08:06 PM
It reacts weirdly with LMGs, particularly with the SAW and Thunder types. It adds a weird 3 round burst every 2 - 3 normal bullets.

I just tried it out on a SAW in a few FYs and the results are mixed. While it doesn't do much for close grouping at a distance, I noticed my DPS on a target is greater. I prefer the 3 round burst at 10-40 yards and regular auto for anything beyond that. It really helps to quickly kill the shotties and immunizers, pop cloak, rinse and repeat without reloading (with x1.4 mag). Also good for taking out vehicles.

EliotXII
09-14-2015, 11:55 AM
It is to get the burst of a gun and let there automatically?

Cygnus
09-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Best application is a semi auto battle rifle.turns the semi into a burst fire.semi fires one round each triger pull.so adding burst fire means three rounds per trigger pull.

WhiteStrike
09-14-2015, 12:27 PM
It is to get the burst of a gun and let there automatically?

Necro much?

Gaige12
09-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Sadly they dont have anything on the site, or in the gamecase, or anywhere too decribe anything. :(

It's all in the tutorial that will be put in the game *soon.

*never

EliotXII
09-14-2015, 01:58 PM
was not what I asked, I have a gun burst want to make it automatic, there is a way to do this?

WhiteStrike
09-14-2015, 03:25 PM
was not what I asked, I have a gun burst want to make it automatic, there is a way to do this?
No. /10 char

EliotXII
09-14-2015, 04:34 PM
No. /10 char

I think an unfair both, may by an automatic weapon to burst, but no one burst to automatically!

Thank you so much!