PDA

View Full Version : RnG,where is it and why isnt it working?

hempman
10-23-2015, 07:54 AM
i have Proved beyond a reasonable doubt,that the rng is broken in this game.

example,
my rng is Locked into giving me snipers,shottys or shields.
Every elite box,every Rewards box,ive opened,has been a shotty,sniper,or shield.
its so bad that i can straightup Call it in main,then open the box,and everyone laughs because i was right.
except me,i dont laugh because its frustrating bs.
how Can it Be rng if all im getting is the Same type of weapon drops in a supposedly Random rng?

example,last nite i collected my weekly reward,
i called it in main as a shotty or sniper Presto its a Shotty!

i invite Any dev to scan my record of drops and prove me wrong.
then id like an explanation of when it will be Fixed,and,if it isnt going to be fixed,
then theres other games to be played that dont screw us over.

Johnny Gatt
10-23-2015, 11:18 AM
Just remove random. What you have left is a number generator. A number generator that is weighted, rigged, bugged and broken,......And also assigned to your character. Have a nice day ��

Crack
10-23-2015, 01:07 PM
I have the same issue and can guess 2 of the 4 items from any t4 box I pull. Ive talked with a dev and was assured its random and is the same for everyone. They say there is nothing wrong but thats so not the case...I prove otherwise on a daily basis! I run with day one vets and we all have the same crappy luck and have the 8-10 item pools our rng pulls from.

How does ones "randomness" be so consistent?

I would love to have their RnG scrip Chi-Square tested (look it up...a form of it is used by the Nevada Gaming Board for true randomness). There is no way their rng would ever pass as random.

Our problems started around the time they took out the oj chance from t2's and forced a 3 blue + 1 epic minimum to t4 boxes.

Skiller115
10-23-2015, 02:04 PM
There is nothing random about the RNG in this game!

Destromathe
10-26-2015, 10:17 AM
Hello hempman,

It is definitely concerning to hear that your drops would only include 3 different item types, so I went ahead and searched the logs to identify your drops from Expert lock boxes over the past two months. I have found the following weapon type drops for you:

Charged Sniper Rifle - 2
Other Sniper Rifle types - 2
Shotguns - 2
Detonators - 3
Rocket Launchers - 4
Shields - 6
Assault Rifles - 3
Sawed Off Shotguns - 2
SMGs - 1
BMGs - 3
Pistols - 3
Infectors - 1

Based on these drops, I do not see any specific issues with the RNG for your boxes. Could you please provide me with some specific examples of you only receiving shotguns, snipers, and shields from lock boxes? I would be happy to investigate further.

Also, please keep in mind that the drop rates in the Elite lock boxes are much better than the Expert lock boxes.

We actively test the randomness of our loot tables on a constant basis, and I can assure everyone that yes, they are random, and yes, they are working properly at this time. If I find anything that shows contrary to that, rest assured we will let everyone know!

DR MURDER
10-26-2015, 10:35 AM
*salutes destromathe*...tyvm devs...XD

hempman
10-26-2015, 03:06 PM
ty Destro.
ive pmed you the account you Should be looking under.
the hempman account can only hold 55 keys so it can only open expert crates.

on my Other account,
i got sniper and shotty from Again last nite....and shields...from rep crates,elite crates And reward crates...
as per usual Only those types dropped...
please lmk why im Only getting those type of weapons,and ty.

also,this whole million blue drops is a bit....Frustrating..

Edit 10/27 last nite pulled my weekly reward....it was a shotty.....

Dixie Cougar
10-26-2015, 04:18 PM
It's kind of a known thing that people notice the bad more than the good. With a low sample size it's easy to draw the wrong conclusion (that the rng is broken, rather than your odds of getting a nice drop simply being very low).

That being said, it's kind of a bad indicator when I can sort almost all of my drops for vendoring based on the weapon archetype alone without even looking at the item card. Add to that the fact that I refer to visiting a lockbox vendor as doing a "key dump."

Considering that the vanilla loot table is mostly irrelevant in the endgame anyway, why not create some more specific lockbox vendor crates (eg, assault rifle elite lockbox, etc)?

hempman
10-29-2015, 08:19 AM
well,i guess it must not have been very important,
as i havent gotten a reply yet after pming him the Right account....
but,no worries,ive been collecting my -sniper-shotty-shields daily for you Destro...
and Vendoring them!

did i ever tell you how much Fun it is to buy crates with real money or ingame money and then vendor the whole lot of them for LESS than what it cost to Open the box?

heres you a thought...ive Wanted to spend money lately on your game,
but Knowing im going to get junk guns and even worse --> junk guns i dont even use,Every time,
makes it worthless to Spend money on your game.

plus,this lame Event,where we were promised things that of course didnt happen.
again.

so heres the deal...the 17th of november,ST Battlefront drops.....and you know what,it looks like FUN.
this is something you should think about,what makes a Game Fun...

I am not a numbers or systems guy, but I am highly skeptical that the RNG in this game is actually in any way random. Purely from a layman's point of view, I'd say the RNG is weighted, adjusted and fixed based on various factors known only to Trion. And I think some of these factors would be surprising if known. For example, I believe a player's RNG changes when 6K is reached or the player has a certain amount of playing time in-game (the so-called "vet penalty"). So I would not be surprised if the rng in an event changes from one day or one week to another.
i Agree.

i also think everythings slanted towards new players as well.
even the Drops.
example,low ego gets off a few shots and stand there,gets T4 mods/weapons.
i work my azz off w high ego,get blues.
and,
my one account low ego gets a bunch of af every day.
my high ego,gets barely 1 af a day.
the low ego,has no dlcs,no nothing.
the high ego,got everything and spent mad money ingame.

so why does the new/low ego get more than the high ego thats Paid for things ingame?

doctordabs
10-29-2015, 10:58 AM
this is why i'm no longer spending money on bits.
because it's a losing gamble

at least with a scratchoff ticket the odds are printed on it...

nope - spent 20 bucks real dollars on crates this week - got nothing worth keeping that i wouldn't have got off the ground during a blue-me-to-hell or junkerhell.

after this patron pass expires i'm probably not even bothering to renew that either.

doctordabs
10-29-2015, 11:00 AM
TheCrater already stated it was a wonky rng in his interview with DD and they use a workaround (not a fix) by adding more zeros to the rng since some guns where weighted in the millions instead of 32000.

pretty sure he mentioned they're just using a hacked up Rand32

PithHelmetIrath
10-29-2015, 11:33 AM
so why does the new/low ego get more than the high ego thats Paid for things ingame?

Makes it easier to get new players addicted. Then RNGesus' rug gets pulled right out from underneath them.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Keeper Riff
10-29-2015, 11:56 AM
TheCrater already stated it was a wonky rng in his interview with DD and they use a workaround (not a fix) by adding more zeros to the rng since some guns where weighted in the millions instead of 32000.Wait what? Calling a 32-bit random function twice or 16-bit function four times easily gives you a 64-bit random number if you need one. But adding zeroes? Really? 0_0

Destromathe
10-29-2015, 12:42 PM
Hello Hempman,

I have not been able to get around to checking out your information as of yet. We have several Holiday events and Extra Life that we are working on at this time, and that needs to be our central focus right now. Rest assured that I will be able to eventually get around to investigating your personal issue.

As for concepts that are being thrown around regarding RNG in game changing based on certain factors, such as EGO rating, we have stated as a team and will state again, this is 100% false. At no point during your play experience, whether it is on day 1 or day 365, do your drop rates change in any way. The concept of RNG is randomness, and the negative experience in someones mind will always outweigh the positive. The chances of getting rare and epic items is obviously lower than the chance to get legendary, and is working as it is intended to work.

We as a team, and myself personally, have always stated that transparency is the best option when it comes to communication, and RNG is no different. While we cannot give out information regarding percentages or number values for drop rates, I can assure each and every one of you that no one player at any point in time has any better chance at drops than any other player (outside of increase loot drop boosts via clan/scavenger), and all of our testing points to the RNG system working exactly as it is intended to work.

In the future, we are always looking at ways to improve player experience. The ability for players to take hard earned currency, either in game or paid for, and convert that into items outside of the RNG system, is something we are always talking about, and may have future implementation that may help in this area. Stay tuned for future updates as they come!

Dixie Cougar
10-29-2015, 12:48 PM
It's like I keep telling you guys. There is no conspiracy. The more likely reason for your bad luck is that the drop rate is low, not broken. If you want to complain direct it against the raw odds not some tinfoil hat rubbish.

hempman
10-29-2015, 01:10 PM
ty for your reply.
this does not change the Fact that i receive same type weapons @ around a 80% rate,if not more.
when you get a chance,please lmk what you find out.

Also,
can you Explain the Low egos getting better drops?
can you Explain why certain people get Much better drops than Any of the rest of us?
i understand what you are saying 100% random,but ingame it isnt doing that at all.
its Clearly visible to most everyone,which is why we are all wondering wth is going on.

and,dixie,while i appreciate your comments,simply saying see,the dev says its so,
that Doesnt mean thats how its working Ingame.

Dreypa
10-29-2015, 01:15 PM
ty for your reply.
this does not change the Fact that i receive same type weapons @ around a 80% rate,if not more.
when you get a chance,please lmk what you find out.

Also,
can you Explain why certain people get Much better drops than Any of the rest of us?

and,dixie,while i appreciate your comments,simply saying see,the dev says its so,

Did you not read what he just posted?

At no point in time does any body have more favorable or less desirable odds in RNG pulls than any body else.

hempman
10-29-2015, 01:23 PM
yes,and you believe in the easter bunny And santa too,right?
its a legit complaint,dont bother posting if you have no answers.
did you read what i posted?
when he does get to my account,hes going to be shocked because im not lying,the type/weapons drops is rigged/flawed/Something!
true RNG does Not give you the Same weapon types All the Time!

i cannot even Buy crates because i Know im going to get a shotty,shield,sniper.
Period.

Dixie Cougar
10-29-2015, 01:25 PM
when he does get to my account,hes going to be shocked because im not lying,the type/weapons drops is rigged/flawed/Something!

Yes, and Karl Von Bach assassinated JFK as part of a Brolluminati-Soviet-Canadian plot.

Ea Rapture
10-29-2015, 01:28 PM
Yes, and Karl Von Bach assassinated JFK as part of a Brolluminati-Soviet-Canadian plot.

Darn it Karl! Knew he was evil.

hempman
10-29-2015, 01:29 PM
im tempted to go buy more bits and buy a crate,just to prove this right now.
and,im ***-uming dixie,he did it with a Bmg.

Dreypa
10-29-2015, 01:30 PM

i cannot even Buy crates because i Know im going to get a shotty,shield,sniper.
Period.

You sound like you lived a very entitled life. Sorry to break it to you but, your rng is working as inteded.

hempman
10-29-2015, 01:32 PM
nice job trolling.
dont you have some blue weapons to pick up at an HH??

and yes,apparently im entitled to shottys sniper and shields.

Dreypa
10-29-2015, 01:33 PM
nice job trolling.
dont you have some blue weapons to pick up at an HH??

I dont play the game anymore. At most 15-20mins a week doing a PVP. I havent even finished one weekly for the event.

Dixie Cougar
10-29-2015, 01:33 PM
im tempted to go buy more bits and buy a crate,just to prove this right now.
and,im ***-uming dixie,he did it with a Bmg.

Yes. Oswald's rifle was nanoless, so there's no way it could have 1-shotted the president.

Dreypa
10-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Yes. Oswald's rifle was nanoless, so there's no way it could have 1-shotted the president.

how do you explain all the bio material left on the back of the corvette then???????????

Ocho
10-29-2015, 01:37 PM

They have the same drop pool at the same rate.

They are luckier.

i understand what you are saying 100% random,but ingame it isnt doing that at all.
its Clearly visible to most everyone,which is why we are all wondering wth is going on.

So the way to test the RNG is through huge sample sizes. Huuuuuuuge sample sizes, like more than any player will see in multiple years of play. And then you compare the results to what is expected. The devs do this regularly, and the RNG appears to be functioning correctly. Our brains want to pick out patterns, and try to do so. But sometimes it's just a weird run of luck.

Dixie Cougar
10-29-2015, 01:38 PM
how do you explain all the bio material left on the back of the corvette then???????????

The "broken" RNG put it there.

hempman
10-29-2015, 01:38 PM
I dont play the game anymore. At most 15-20mins a week doing a PVP. I havent even finished one weekly for the event.
and yet you are an expert on it and are positive theres no way this could be happening.
except it is......

k,im done replying to the trolls/experts/lol whateva you wanna call yourselves.
Destro,when you get the time,please lmk and Ty again.

Dreypa
10-29-2015, 01:44 PM
and yet you are an expert on it and are positive theres no way this could be happening.
except it is......

k,im done replying to the trolls/experts/lol whateva you wanna call yourselves.
Destro,when you get the time,please lmk and Ty again.

Yup your the only person experiencing unlucky RNG. The trion devs have a secret conspiracy to make sure YOU only get blues. Please spend some more money to test my theory.

You received more than ONE logical response from a developer. But yet you insist on asking the same illogical questions in an even more illogical manor. I'm going to assume your on the younger side and leave it at that. Stop using mommys credit card.

hempman
10-29-2015, 01:54 PM
can we close the thread till Destro pms me?
thanks,the trolling is getting thick in here.

ps,to the troll above me.
im Not the only one complaining,Genius.
why dont you scroll down the list of topics and try trolling those people too.

Ryu Soba JP
10-29-2015, 01:58 PM
All I can say is I've seen the same people get Named drops in events. I've had friends pull Lockbox Jackpots from Elite crates repeatedly. I get better rewards and payouts on my low toon vs my 2 high ego toons.
During this event I completed the Event pursuits on 3 toons. I play 12+ hours a day and I have very few things to show for it. Most of my weekly event crates were shotguns or Assault Rifles. Seems like players with the least amount of effort, score and play time have the best rewards.

The question is, if there was a problem with this hypothetical RNG would the development team share that info to the community? I know what I think the answer would be to this. Instead of nerfing arkforge, rewards, perks, Legendary drops and jackpots how about we nerf the cheaters, exploiters and scammers/thiefs and fix bugs.

I've been reading the bug bash threads. I think there are 3 now. Still waiting on the bash part.
Oh, and please no one tell me to join pts to help prevent Bugs from going live.
I already have my opinions about pts and the thought process and why bugs get to live.
Different topic for a different thread and I have to watch how I express my opinions.

Dixie Cougar
10-29-2015, 02:00 PM
https://aceofflamingos.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/h17c3f563.jpg

hempman
10-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Finally!
a completely coherent Reply.
Ty Ryu.

i Agree.

Kalindrya
10-29-2015, 02:15 PM
We are closing this thread now and cleaning it up. Please remember to follow the Forum Rules when using these forums.