PDA

View Full Version : Extra life question

Meee
10-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Will we see the return of the vendor this year .... Please say yes

CM Kiwibird
10-27-2015, 02:33 PM
Hey there, checked with the Defiance Team on this. We'll have Extra Life vendors this year. :)

Johnny Gatt
10-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Hey there, checked with the Defiance Team on this. We'll have Extra Life vendors this year. :)

Show no mercy to any exploiters though... they ruined it last year.

BarrySciFi
10-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Show no mercy to any exploiters though... they ruined it last year.

The year before. There was no vender at last year's.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Glad to hear this!

Olaf
10-27-2015, 04:15 PM
Did this vendor used to sell darkest hour shields? Never did have that shield, would like to acquire one this time.

Ea Rapture
10-27-2015, 04:42 PM
Vendors? How does this work?

Meee
10-27-2015, 06:31 PM

Wow best news I've heard in awhile . Also thank you for all you've helped with and good luck

Hunter0
10-27-2015, 07:42 PM
what..! - _ -

Atticus Batman
10-28-2015, 04:00 AM
Did this vendor used to sell darkest hour shields? Never did have that shield, would like to acquire one this time.

No it did not. The named shields from EXL didn't exist back then. They were all standard shield names with EXL prefix and no synergy. For example I have an EXL Tachyon from the first one and the shields from the original are tradable just hard to find somebody willing to part with them.

However I am guessing this years vendor will be an upgraded version. So it will either have last year's gear or new gear.

Logain
10-28-2015, 04:26 AM
Vendors? How does this work?

I was not around during the first EXL event. How did the Vendors work then? Any more info on the event? Coming up soon.

PithHelmetIrath
10-28-2015, 04:50 AM
IIRC - the Extra Life vendors appeared randomly throughout the 24 hour period, and players had to track them down to see what they were selling.

Gotta catch 'em all.

Atticus Batman
10-28-2015, 04:51 AM
I was not around during the first EXL event. How did the Vendors work then? Any more info on the event? Coming up soon.

IIRC They randomly appeared in set locations for about 5 minutes, with roughly 30 minutes or so between appearances if I remember right. (kind of like the Christmas Reindeer did). Also You could buy and trade all the shields you wanted, but you were only able to have one version of each gun in your inventory and the guns were untradeable. If you bought a second copy of a gun already in your inventory, it over-rode the previous copy.

Also the reason they didn't have the vendors last year is because the previous year the vendors allowed you to sell gear to them for full face value on the card. Needless to say some unscrupulous people took advantage and were punished. Most just got all their scrip taken away. However I do know a couple of them that abused it so much that they earned a 1 week in-game ban for it as well.

Logain
10-28-2015, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the info. Knowing my RNG luck recently each vendor I find will probably only sell syphon magnums with OJ accuracy rolls.

Atticus Batman
10-28-2015, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the info. Knowing my RNG luck recently each vendor I find will probably only sell syphon magnums with OJ accuracy rolls.

They sold specific types of weapons and shields only. If I remember correct they are the same types that we got last year. Only with the standard generic names and an EXL prefix, instead of cool names. The nano locks were like the nanos for weapons at the standard supply vendors. Another words they were different based on EGO level, and the rolls were random. :confused:

Sonic7870
10-28-2015, 06:06 AM
It's good to see the return of the vendor hoping the exploit is gone wonder what we'll see I missed out last year

Sliverbaer
10-28-2015, 06:16 AM
I still have my Extra Life items from 2013, but I scrapped most of them from 2014 because the synergy was different. 2014 had the wetwork backpack ones? Right? Doesn't look like I uploaded any videos to refresh my memory. They were drops from events, not from a vendor. 2013 had the vendor. (Wish I would have snagged more.)

My guess is that it will be another set of events with RNG drop garbage.

PithHelmetIrath
10-28-2015, 07:19 AM
2014 had the wetwork backpack ones? Right? My guess is that it will be another set of events with RNG drop garbage.

Sounds about right.. on both comments.

Sevrin
10-28-2015, 08:57 AM
2014 had the wetwork backpack ones? Right?

Wetwork, Way of Change and Firewall synergies, as I recall. But I don't really trust my memory so I may not have this right. Funny thing is I really didn't appreciate the weaps and shields from last year so I either gave them away or traded them for less-then-they-were-worth. Won't make that mistake this year (I hope).

Olaf
10-28-2015, 03:40 PM
I hope we can obtain a wetwork darkest hour. That's all I'm gunning for exl item wise.

Atticus Batman
10-28-2015, 05:38 PM
Wetwork, Way of Change and Firewall synergies, as I recall. But I don't really trust my memory so I may not have this right. Funny thing is I really didn't appreciate the weaps and shields from last year so I either gave them away or traded them for less-then-they-were-worth. Won't make that mistake this year (I hope).

You are right about the synergies. I am wearing a firewall syn and pistol and think it compliments my HP lmg nicely.

However if they stick with their current formula we will get a different synergy this year and the first year didn't have a synergy.