PDA

View Full Version : Event DC's & Rewards

ianvoyager
10-27-2015, 10:50 PM
I was quick to arrive at the first Hulker Hell major arkfall after the daily restart. I had accumulated a rather good score, and the event was almost over; with only a few Hulkers left to take down. When the dreaded DC came and paid me a visit.

Being on PS3, I could not simply try to reconnect right away. No, that would be too easy. I had to totally shut Defiance down and return to the main PS3 systems menu to reload. This usually take 3mins if not more. Naturally by the time I was back in game the event was finished.

Now I'm not new to Defiance or being DC'd at events (them being holiday ones or just standard ones). However today this DC and the lack of any rewards, keys, arkforge or XP upon returning to the game has really upset me.

Why is this happening? Why is is sooo hard to have one be attributed the rewards that they worked for within an arkfall given to them upon logging back into Defiance? If you DC during an Incursion you get rewarded with items, arkforge & keys when you log back in.

As I said, I've had this happen (and I know others have as well) for ages, but as of today it has really, really annoyed me.

whit
10-28-2015, 01:23 AM
I was quick to arrive at the first Hulker Hell major arkfall after the daily restart. I had accumulated a rather good score, and the event was almost over; with only a few Hulkers left to take down. When the dreaded DC came and paid me a visit.

Being on PS3, I could not simply try to reconnect right away. No, that would be too easy. I had to totally shut Defiance down and return to the main PS3 systems menu to reload. This usually take 3mins if not more. Naturally by the time I was back in game the event was finished.

I know that the earlier I get to an event the more chance I have of a DC before the end. On average, probably would have a higher score by just doing the finals. Also have to be careful not to use the UI too much, so no changing loadout or looking at the map otherwise I end up with mega lag playing blind with invisible enemies. It's a joke, but I am used to it, it's all part of the Defiance experience.

When (not if) you do get a DC, no point in trying to log back in, chances are you get stuck in the loading screen, you gave to quit the game and start again. Usually takes me around 2 mins. The only good thing is that if you get back to the event before the end it remembers your score (wasn't always like that), but as Ian says, if you miss the end, no rewards.

If Trion can't fix the DCs, they should at least pay the rewards earned up to that point.

JOCCO5150
10-28-2015, 02:37 AM
I don't just quit the game when I DC, I reset my ps3

r1p
10-28-2015, 05:54 AM
I never could figure out why the game is designed to award you the Keys and AF that you earned from an Ark Fall when you get disconnected* from a game but not the weapons and mods. The disconnects and hard locks are bad enough but if we at least got the all of the rewards, even if they are blues, at least it would feel like a knee to the groin. Nothing is as frustrating as battling for 20+ minutes and getting booted 10 seconds before the end. It will always leave people wondering if they just missed their chance to get the jackpot that they really wanted.

*This doesn't always work either.

PithHelmetIrath
10-28-2015, 05:59 AM
Now I'm not new to Defiance or being DC'd at events (them being holiday ones or just standard ones). However today this DC and the lack of any rewards, keys, arkforge or XP upon returning to the game has really upset me.

You're not alone..

Sonic7870
10-28-2015, 06:17 AM

Why is this happening? Why is is sooo hard to have one be attributed the rewards that they worked for within an arkfall given to them upon logging back into Defiance? If you DC during an Incursion you get rewarded with items, arkforge & keys when you log back in.

As I said, I've had this happen (and I know others have as well) for ages, but as of today it has really, really annoyed me.

It's annoying when it happens when I crit out I quit and reboot the game only takes a couple of minutes and I'm back. I do agree that you should be compensated for your involvement if you dc but doubtful that will happen

Ryu Soba JP
10-29-2015, 03:25 AM
I think the issue here it doesn't log you back to the same server. When you come back you get directed to more empty server. If you quickly teleport to the event sometimes you can catch te rewards. Also, you have to shoot something at least 1 time for it to include the score you made before you disconneced.
I don't think it's our internet connection that causes us to disconnect.
The world server/phase can only house x amount of players. We exceed that number by many.
In addition, I am sure there is a cache that gets full and contributes. Perhaps a "clear cache" option for players and increasing the amount of players allowed per server would help eliminate this issue.

Olaf
10-29-2015, 06:38 AM
Because ps3 users can suck it. We heard this for 3 years, nothing has changed.