PDA

View Full Version : Question on money

Crazy Chang
10-29-2015, 09:27 AM
So I've been playing for a little over a month and thought I was doing well, made it to 4298 ego. My question is, I've only had a max of about 180k scrip at one time. I'd like to have the cash to buy weapons on the trade forums but it seems I don't have anything anybody would want to buy. Anybody else had this experience or have any advice on this?

Fallen_Aingeal
10-29-2015, 09:38 AM
Until you can build an inventory of tradeable items, it's very difficult.

Find a clan or friends that can and will "help" in this. Pray to the RNG gods that you get a drop that you don't necessarily want or need but is in high demand. It only takes a few weapons to turn you from a pauper to a prince...

hempman
10-29-2015, 09:41 AM
best advice i can give you is to Save your Purple/t4 mods and Sell them ingame chat.
the weapons/guns biz is kind of seasonal,meaning each Synergy has a Shelf life of value.
the Mods tho,never go out of value Because people will always need them.

adding to this,some Syns are Always going to be worth crazy money because of being Bitstore only.
example,spinal tap.

this is how i got to where i am today,mult toons/accounts and too many ojs.
not One was a drop or a elite box reward <<------ !!!!!
i did it All thru selling mods and then guns later.
try to be Open to Trades as well,
this will bring people to you because not many reg players have lots of money,just the pros.

what system are you on?

Olaf
10-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Or follow trion logic, buy epics & t3 n t4 mods with real cash at bitstore, then sell for scrip, profit profit?

You could always sell those shiny bitstore t3 and t4s to vendor, but Trion doesn't seem to think our paid for items should have a higher scrip sale vendor value than an ordinary t3 mod, so I'd avoid that idea for next couple years.

Crazy Chang
10-29-2015, 10:07 AM
As far a good clan goes, me and the wife had made a clan and so far I'm the highest member we have lol, and the RNG gods have not been kind to me seeing as the first and only named gun I've gotten has been the final caress, my only saving grace has been that this game has one of the nicest communities I've ever seen.
And I play on PC/NA

Claydough
10-29-2015, 12:35 PM
I made my first riches during the original HH event selling mostly T4 mods and some oj weapons.
Its alittle harder to off load oj stuff these days due to everyone feeling entitled to the jp version of the weapon and not setteling for less, just knuckle down in the events and make as much as you can.

Another good way is by selling cores or oj mods. You will make minimum of 500k for the weeks effort, however, finding a buyer can be tough somtimes, but there are always people looking to buy.

Af can also get you 1.5mil for 500, another good way of making easy scrip or even trading for weapons.

Rouge Assasin
10-29-2015, 01:30 PM
The ONLY way to make money in defiance is to buy/sell/trade. Sadly, often it involves cheating someone. I always tried to be fair in purchases but nice guys finish last. You have to leave "some" room for profit. You may have to sit on an item for a month+ but that's the risk you take. Epic AR mods(any mods for jackpot weapons) are big money. My advise, grind expo's and stock up. You can easily make 500k+ a day.
I stopped playing over a month ago, just here trolling the forum. Back to Destiny Halloween event....Good Luck in your journeys!

hempman
10-29-2015, 01:47 PM
The ONLY way to make money in defiance is to buy/sell/trade. Sadly, often it involves cheating someone. I always tried to be fair in purchases but nice guys finish last. You have to leave "some" room for profit. You may have to sit on an item for a month+ but that's the risk you take. Epic AR mods(any mods for jackpot weapons) are big money. My advise, grind expo's and stock up. You can easily make 500k+ a day.
I stopped playing over a month ago, just here trolling the forum. Back to Destiny Halloween event....Good Luck in your journeys!

that is absolutely not true at all.
i Pride myself on my Rep and everyone knows me in game and knows ill sell usually for mod cost/for the whole gun.
( what the mods are worth if i needed to buy them today. )

sure,you wont make as much as the Gougers/and there Are gougers,but,
Karma does happen a lot in this game and youll see what i mean.
there is a Lot of Good people in this game.

just watch ingame Zone chat for awhile,youll see whos overpricing and whos Fair and also who the scammers are.