PDA

View Full Version : Vot mass cannon. whats its use?

hellspawnx19x
10-30-2015, 07:50 PM
Im trying to find out why so many people are using them all of a sudden?

Faby
10-30-2015, 09:47 PM
I hate Rocket Launcher but this weapon is amazing! Better than a Detonator.

wjssmith
10-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Mainly a mob type weapon manually detonated rounds burst into clusters. Recently it was "patched" rounds now detonate on striking if not manually detonated. Allows you to use it for "short" range as well as long range.

Hexthat
10-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Been using mine before they added that awesomeness to it, cannoneer Vot Mass Cannon with blue fire rate has mag size of 3, fire rate 2.6, and reload 1.6

It has 1 t1 mod and 3 t2 mods on it.

=]

hellspawnx19x
10-31-2015, 12:07 AM
im asking bc I pulled 1 from elite box today.

Vot mass cannon
cannoneer
x1.50 mag
x1.10 min dmg
x1.10 fire rate
25% speed boost
x1.12 dmg

stats:
fire rate:2.6
mag:3
reload:1.7

Just needs a mastery now...

whit
10-31-2015, 01:24 AM
Too many people are using these now, yet another skilless OP weapon added to the Defiance arsenal. I feel sorry for anybody trying to actually aim a gun at the enemy while these are being used. As well as causing lag, these weapons make it very hard to see the target when it is covered in explosive flash.

It's not jealousy, I have a 7 mag mass cannon and it's a fun selfish weapon to use like the crimefighter. However, I would like to see the patch removed and the mass cannon revert to being a skillful weapon.

Talgrim
10-31-2015, 02:06 AM
One thing people might want to consider and I admit I wasn't one of these when starting out and being blinded using my assault rifle scoped in, later on once you hit the xp cap you need to use every single weapon type in the game to gain EGO so at some point people will be using mass cannons ,BMGs etc.

The best place for area weapons is in the large scale areas when the threat is 10 as you'll do more damage and gain weapon skill levels faster and so gain EGO faster, I hated using shotguns, pistols, BMGs, mass cannons and infectors but had to as it raised my EGO level and was the easiest way to raise it rather than having to get 5000 pistol kills, 5000 LMG kills etc as you get 4 EGO per weapon skill increase = 76 EGO per weapon and if I remember right 13 weapon types to raise so there's a lot of EGO to be gained.

Just a thought the next time you are cursing the BMG and mass cannon users that they might have no choice about blinding you ;)

pew pew pew
10-31-2015, 03:52 AM
No clue why they are so often used recently. DPS isn't really well, low ammo, annoying brightness. I do think most use them to troll others since you cannot see anything on explode. A regular VBI Grenade Launcher does a better job let alone a (FRC) Big Boomer.

However since the Mass Cannon got adjusted I also see a lot of other cluster weapons. Guys, these weapons were not used before for some reasons. Their usage is very limited.

The best place for area weapons is in the large scale areas when the threat is 10 as you'll do more damage and gain weapon skill levels faster and so gain EGO fasterWe need to be more specific here :p I've seen people using this versus Warmaster - god #*&%, common sense. Synthesizer are great for weapon leveling such as Dark Matter Extractors and Monolith itself (cue for Ego Boost).

JOCCO5150
10-31-2015, 04:04 AM
No clue why they are so often used recently. DPS isn't really well, low ammo, annoying brightness. I do think most use them to troll others since you cannot see anything on explode. A regular VBI Grenade Launcher does a better job let alone a (FRC) Big Boomer.

However since the Mass Cannon got adjusted I also see a lot of other cluster weapons. Guys, these weapons were not used before for some reasons. Their usage is very limited.

We need to be more specific here :p I've seen people using this versus Warmaster - god #*&%, common sense. Synthesizer are great for weapon leveling such as Dark Matter Extractors and Monolith itself (cue for Ego Boost).
If you seen my mass cannon in action you would change your thoughts on the dps not being good. I can kill the boss in liberate the lost expert with 2 mags. Get over 300 kills in motherload. No Boomer can compete with the dps my mass cannon puts out

Mr B
10-31-2015, 04:27 AM
If you seen my mass cannon in action you would change your thoughts on the dps not being good. I can kill the boss in liberate the lost expert with 2 mags. Get over 300 kills in motherload. No Boomer can compete with the dps my mass cannon puts out

Watch out, we got a badass over here.
Thank god you're on psn.

Mass cannon in coop creates lag as bad as a crimefighter, you know that right? (inbeforeidontgivea****)
Plus any decent pounder will do the same on lib the lost boss.

hempman
10-31-2015, 05:22 AM
not sure how,because we tested this extensively on the 360 na,
using 3 coops members w mass cannons at same time.
we didnt lag at all.
then we tried it small events and then the big ones.
still not causing lag.

then proceeded to start buying every one we could ingame chat.
this naturally got people wondering why we were buying them and now this week we see a Lot of people using them all of a sudden.
if you roll the mastery,you can get 9 in the mag,and they can be Fun.

funny part is,theres a better rl out there,as far as common drops go...

MIIKKAA
10-31-2015, 07:20 AM
I got an oj one a few days ago. It had oj dmg roll, blue mag roll and QM syn. I dont like using RLs, but the good thing is that i could sell it in the first 15 minutes. For me, thats all is good for.

Maybe i should had try it, but as i hate to be constantly blinded by them i decided not to. So, yes... for me mass cannons still conunting as junk, but i love SAWs, so dont take me too seriously.

Gaige12
10-31-2015, 08:35 AM
The new Troll Cannon is awesome. It's funny (in DMTH) when I'm running for my life with 3 or 4 Hulkers on my azz. This helps the team when I'm tanking all the enemies and everyone else is freed up to apply dps without getting Hulk smashed. :D All I want is people to drop the occasional ammo spike so I can run thru and pick up a couple rounds. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

They cause no lag on PC either for that matter.

#HatersGonnaHateAndRealPlayersDontCare

PithHelmetIrath
10-31-2015, 08:41 AM
Thank god you're on psn.

Seconded.

/10characters

J3R3MIAHS
10-31-2015, 08:49 AM

My Supreme Apex can. Plus I imagine my trip dmg prepared big boomer could as well.

hiban
10-31-2015, 09:33 AM
The Mass cannon is just another spam/troll weapon, annoying as the BMG and Crimefighter.
Hell, the BMG is the least annoying weapon of those three!

PTR47
10-31-2015, 09:57 AM
I see little difference between the Mass Cannon and a Pounder, except the line is straighter. I haven't noticed any particular lag issues. Certainly not in the same class as a Crimefighter! (which seems to be better these days also)

hiban
10-31-2015, 10:03 AM
I'm not talking about lag. I'm talking about the blinding flashes and extremely annoying camera shake which affect everyone who is near the explosions of those weapons.

Mr B
10-31-2015, 11:08 AM
not sure how,because we tested this extensively on the 360 na,
using 3 coops members w mass cannons at same time.
we didnt lag at all.
then we tried it small events and then the big ones.
still not causing lag.

then proceeded to start buying every one we could ingame chat.
this naturally got people wondering why we were buying them and now this week we see a Lot of people using them all of a sudden.
if you roll the mastery,you can get 9 in the mag,and they can be Fun.

funny part is,theres a better rl out there,as far as common drops go...

Really?Could have sworn they created lag, but tbh everytime i see a troll weapon in coop i leave, so haven't seen one used in long time.And i played an expo recently with a mass cannon user, with no real lag.So, i stand corrected about that part.
But they're soooo freaking annoying though...And the hype is real lol.

Johnny Gatt
10-31-2015, 07:33 PM
Im trying to find out why so many people are using them all of a sudden?

It's a flavor of the month weapon. If you have one and do not not use rockets, you can sell to someone for an inflated price and use money to buy something decent, or save the scrip to get the next flavor of the month weapon.

pew pew pew
10-31-2015, 11:22 PM
If you seen my mass cannon in action you would change your thoughts on the dps not being good. I can kill the boss in liberate the lost expert with 2 magsExactly this is a special case were a cluster weapon is better. That's not limited to the Mass Cannon. Motherlode and Matron are two other bosses where it makes sense to use a cluster weapon. Why? Well, the secondary explosions doesn't count towards to the damage limit you can deal before the next boss phase triggers. Actually a bug...

Get over 300 kills in motherload. No Boomer can compete with the dps my mass cannon puts outI do have a quite good Mass Cannon with Cannoneer synergy, enhanced magazine and fast reload. So I'm not jealous. It doesn't compete to my FRC Big Boomer / Sovereign Grenade Launcher since I'm always ahead. Mass Cannon users love to shoot one meter in front of me. The visual effect is awful, so bad that I'm changing to Mass Cannon and shooting back in their face. Then they usual quit using it :p

JOCCO5150
11-01-2015, 04:12 AM
Thank god you're on psn.

Mass cannon in coop creates lag as bad as a crimefighter, you know that right? (inbeforeidontgivea****)
Plus any decent pounder will do the same on lib the lost boss.

I'm not saying I'm a bad ***, I'm just saying the mass cannon is bad ***.

And ive never seen it cause lag in CO ops or expeditions, unless 2 people are using then then it still don't cause as much lag as a cf

hempman
11-01-2015, 08:53 AM
did a expo and a coop yesterday,no lag,
3 users w mass cannons.
4 people in the party 2 on the same isp even.......no lag.

i personally agree w johnny gatt,till about a week ago nobody else was barely even using them.
now i got people asking to buy mine left n right.
anyone who ever played unreal tournament would understand why rockies can be fun....
not saying they are op in any way,just that they are Fun.

i do agree the visuals can be blinding,but at least the rl is killing stuff,compared to the crimefighters.

Ray8888
11-01-2015, 05:17 PM
I can see the ad now... "The Mass Cannon - at least it's not a Crimefighter!"

ccnasz
11-02-2015, 04:51 PM
DC 11 Piper another skilless OP weapon

fireballfour4
11-02-2015, 05:20 PM
@Ray if the devs could give us a billboard with that posted on it for a early Christmas present then that would make everybody's day

Jacesin
11-30-2015, 09:45 AM
PPl don't troll with mass cannons. Cascade, Onslaught, Killing spree. Use decoy to group up mobs or just use overcharge. It works, that's why ppl use it.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-30-2015, 09:49 AM
yall will never know the joys of single shot mass with real rockets raining down on npcs heads . not these ugly blue bomblets trash it has now

DEATHBRINGER210
11-30-2015, 09:54 AM

hmm , oj dc 8 , oj 3xs damage rs gp with a oj damage barrel, soon to be 3xs damage ps gp, and my supreme apex . my buddies 8 shot courier i bet can do it as well

WhiteStrike
11-30-2015, 11:03 AM
PPl don't troll with mass cannons. Cascade, Onslaught, Killing spree. Use decoy to group up mobs or just use overcharge. It works, that's why ppl use it.

Necro /chars