PDA

View Full Version : What to do with keys

Idan
04-06-2013, 02:08 AM
What the purpose of a "key" in the game and what can I do with it? - thanks

Ins4neN1ghtmare
04-06-2013, 02:11 AM
I've only come across their use in buying Lock Boxes, I haven't seen anything else.

Taaltos
04-06-2013, 02:12 AM
I've only come across their use in buying Lock Boxes, I haven't seen anything else.

Yup, that's all they're for at the moment. Buying Lockboxes with random woot loot.

Komakala
04-06-2013, 02:12 AM
They are used to purchase lockboxes, near most vendors there is a smaller oval box laying on the ground. You can purchase lockboxes from there for keycodes and scrip, or bits. These lockboxes give you random items, Tier 2 gives 2 items, Tier 3 gives 3 items and Tier 4 gives 4 items.

Taaltos
04-06-2013, 02:13 AM
They are used to purchase lockboxes, near most vendors there is a smaller oval box laying on the ground. You can purchase lockboxes from there for keycodes and scrip, or bits. These lockboxes give you random items, Tier 2 gives 2 items, Tier 3 gives 3 items and Tier 4 gives 4 items.

KOMAKAAAAALA!

Still love saying that outloud. xD

Komakala
04-06-2013, 02:14 AM
Oh dear, not you again ;)

Idan
04-06-2013, 02:15 AM
thanks for your fast response guys

gooogs
04-06-2013, 02:24 AM

this, with a few additional caveats.
The higher the tier of lockbox, supposedly the higher the chance of getting orange and purple drops. These are the legendary etc that have better effects and stats, though the dmg etc will still be about same as any other weapon of same style.

SO far, I have opened about 5 tier 4 boxes and about 8-9 tier 3 lockboxes. I have gotten 0 oranges, 4 purple weapons (2 pistols, 2 grenade launchers) a few blues and lots of greens. I just now replaced a blue respark shield that I had gotten at EGO 30, ( EGO 297 atm) and still have an EGO lvl 25 Frag Grenade I got from an early lockbox, because while the max dmg is now about 100 less than comparable, the min dmg is still 400 higher than anything else...

as for keys, Considering how easy they are to get, I find it actually is the scrip that is holding me back from buying lockboxes instead of keys. I average around 50k green cash, but currently only have about 3k scrip. I have bought a few mods, mostly for the purple weapons, but that is about it.

Dwane
04-06-2013, 04:11 AM
Buy lockboxes or box with mods.