PDA

View Full Version : Omec Shield Hate

Big Jack Shepard
11-02-2015, 01:04 AM
I don't quite get it.

If you don't like resparks and rebels that is fine with me.

However, when it comes to Respark ARKs, this shield is obviously best.

Is this just a fashion/fad thing?

Resparks are great for open world PvE. Always have been.

hempman
11-02-2015, 01:24 AM
lol were you hawking that thing for 2 mill a lil while ago ingame?
anyways,a lot of people scrapped their omec sword n shotty so the shields worthless to them.
ive never used the syn with all 3,so i have no clue how decent it really is..?
me,i wouldnt mind giving it a shot....you taking trades?

PTR47
11-02-2015, 01:59 AM
I like Resparks. "Best" is subjective. 10% speed is cool. I have a Regen ark with a 2.4 recharge and a Survivor ark with a 2.25. They both seem good also. I'd probably be interested in buying the OMEC one also though, depending on the price.

Big Jack Shepard
11-02-2015, 02:13 AM
lol were you hawking that thing for 2 mill a lil while ago ingame?
anyways,a lot of people scrapped their omec sword n shotty so the shields worthless to them.
ive never used the syn with all 3,so i have no clue how decent it really is..?
me,i wouldnt mind giving it a shot....you taking trades?

No, I wouldn't come to Gen. Disc. to make a thread if people wouldn't but something I was selling in zone (and no, I haven't tried to sell it in zone recently).

No, I won't trade or sell to you one of the 2 Omecs that I have.

Have a nice day.

Claydough
11-02-2015, 02:55 AM
resparks died with life steal

i struggle to use a respark for everything other than wm these days.

crazyged
11-02-2015, 04:27 AM
Since I snagged a Guardian Angel, my trusty old Respark has been gathering dust 'n rust.

I was initially pleasantly surprised when I got an Omec Respark from a lockbox, but that soon faded when I realised how average it really is...

...I mean, not even a nano resistance?

C'mon!

Mayday
11-02-2015, 04:35 AM
Got a feeling the Omec shield will be quite popular if/when they release some type of Omec AR or who knows what....holding onto mine just in case, and I do use it on several of my current loadouts.

pew pew pew
11-02-2015, 04:43 AM
Respark... I don't use any of this type shields and then .. no resist... it's just a named shield with crappy abs (at least for me)

Logain
11-02-2015, 05:47 AM

If you use the perk Kill-or-be-Killed you would even switch to an Ironclad in WM.

MIIKKAA
11-02-2015, 06:06 AM
What i like about the Omec is the speed boost. I use it very often since i got it. In fact, in the the last week i have been using more the Omec than the ark regen...

Its a fine shield imo.

Smokey Black
11-02-2015, 06:16 AM
The Respark energizer was a pretty sought after shield before this. They could fetch between 5-10 mil because they were collectors pieces and rare. Now its a JP and it is worth less than half of its original value.

r1p
11-02-2015, 06:35 AM
The Respark energizer was a pretty sought after shield before this. They could fetch between 5-10 mil because they were collectors pieces and rare. Now its a JP and it is worth less than half of its original value.

They have been selling for ~1.5 mil in Zone on PS3/NA. Mostly because they are everywhere now due to Trion not updating the jackpot like they said they would 3 weeks ago.

Hexthat
11-02-2015, 07:35 AM
Omec shield so great for co ops, I'm thinking it was designed with speed-running in mind.

hempman
11-02-2015, 08:49 AM
No, I wouldn't come to Gen. Disc. to make a thread if people wouldn't but something I was selling in zone (and no, I haven't tried to sell it in zone recently).

No, I won't trade or sell to you one of the 2 Omecs that I have.

Have a nice day.

okay,having seen a couple of people trying to sell these with no takers,i merely wondered.
ty to others who replied saying what the shield is good for,which was my question...

and you have 2 of them,well congrats,good thing they made more.

Claydough
11-02-2015, 12:02 PM
If you use the perk Kill-or-be-Killed you would even switch to an Ironclad in WM.

I do use that perk and it proc just as, if not more than with high cap sheilds.
As long as you keep your plates up, he wont kill you with a respark regen.

PTR47
11-02-2015, 12:17 PM

It's not ever occurred to me to try something other than my Respark in WM. He's pretty easy to not get hit by unless he's rubber-banding.

Claydough
11-02-2015, 12:37 PM
It's not ever occurred to me to try something other than my Respark in WM. He's pretty easy to not get hit by unless he's rubber-banding.

Im too busy shooting him to dodge.

My sheild is also wetwork, so i buff everyone 15% on sheild break.

PTR47
11-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Im too busy shooting him to dodge.

My sheild is also wetwork, so i buff everyone 15% on sheild break.

I was agreeing with you. But it's also easy to dodge while shooting, it's just one step every second or so. Wait for missiles, step. Wait for missiles, step.

Logain
11-02-2015, 01:15 PM
I do use that perk and it proc just as, if not more than with high cap sheilds.

Not worried about extracting. The perk (AFAIK) only is active while the shield is down. When you have any shield left it dissipates. Which is why Ironclad and Rhino work synergistically with it (6 and 9.6 sec down time). While the quick charge shields are only down for a couple of seconds (~<3 seconds).

Wetwork works well at WM. I have an Ironclad with Wetwork. Do you know if Wetwork stacks?

Claydough
11-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Not worried about extracting. The perk (AFAIK) only is active while the shield is down. When you have any shield left it dissipates. Which is why Ironclad and Rhino work synergistically with it (6 and 9.6 sec down time). While the quick charge shields are only down for a couple of seconds (~<3 seconds).

Wetwork works well at WM. I have an Ironclad with Wetwork. Do you know if Wetwork stacks?

Im yet to test it out.

otonagamer
11-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Omec shield is ****ty stupid pointless worst JP shield of Respark with melee synergy. I laughably die a lot while using it. I just keep getting one hitted by everything. If it was Ironclad or Rhino, it could have been the best melee shield better than Sai Surge.

Claydough
11-02-2015, 06:34 PM
I really wish the devs would start to take melee serious in this game...

Chump Norris
11-02-2015, 06:35 PM
I like my Omec shield and rarely die when using it...still haven't tried it with the sword and sg yet.

Olaf
11-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Any guesses on new jackpot being out tomorrow?
Also wonder when they going to add new bit box synergy, been a while since CE rite?

SirServed
11-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Also wonder when they going to add new bit box synergy, been a while since CE rite?
They were doing the Hallow Point thing. It ran alongside the event but was the only source of T5 mods.

Atticus Batman
11-02-2015, 09:03 PM

As we are due for a 5 hour downtime tomorrow it is possible that they will add a new jackpot item, but don't know. It could just be prep for the EXL event this coming weekend. And Sirserved is right. The bitbox synergy for October was the Halloween synergy.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?226837-11-03-15-NA-EU-Update-(PC-PS3-360)-8-00-AM-PST-4-00-PM-GMT&p=1839535#post1839535

Smokey Black
11-02-2015, 09:10 PM
As we are due for a 5 hour downtime tomorrow it is possible that they will add a new jackpot item, but don't know. It could just be prep for the EXL event this coming weekend. And Sirserved is right. The bitbox synergy for October was the Halloween synergy.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?226837-11-03-15-NA-EU-Update-(PC-PS3-360)-8-00-AM-PST-4-00-PM-GMT&p=1839535#post1839535

Looks at calander..seems to be November right now.

Atticus Batman
11-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Looks at calander..seems to be November right now.

And your point? Nothing in my post says it isn't. The link is for this week and the EXL event is November 7. The October mention was in response to person I quoted who implied there were no bitbox oriented synergies since CE. However the Hallowpoint synergies are considered bitbox oriented.

Big Jack Shepard
11-03-2015, 05:40 AM

You are partially right. The abundance of lifesteal has robbed Rebels and Resparks of their best attribute.

However, I never used resparks in WM. The only reason I have a Rhino Bullseye ARK is for WM.

Another word on the Omec: the 5% speed boost alone sets it above other Respark ARKs. The melee is whatever.

I used an Energizer Respark before the Omec for Volge incursions. All the bombs allow me to keep Overcharge almost constantly active.

FYI, anyone using a Respark should also be using Displacement Field, just sayin.

Olaf
11-03-2015, 05:43 AM
You are partially right. The abundance of lifesteal has robbed Rebels and Resparks of their best attribute.

However, I never used resparks in WM. The only reason I have a Rhino Bullseye ARK is for WM.

Another word on the Omec: the 5% speed boost alone sets it above other Respark ARKs. The melee is whatever.

I used an Energizer Respark before the Omec for Volge incursions. All the bombs allow me to keep Overcharge almost constantly active.

FYI, anyone using a Respark should also be using Displacement Field, just sayin.

And escape artist =). The 2 speed boost ego perk with a respark omec is awesome. Especially with a spinal tap wep, seems there's no cool downs =)

Big Jack Shepard
11-03-2015, 05:52 AM
And escape artist =). The 2 speed boost ego perk with a respark omec is awesome. Especially with a spinal tap wep, seems there's no cool downs =)

I find that DF activates much more often than EA. But, that might be because of my weapons and tactics.

pressure315
11-03-2015, 08:01 AM
Syns nice...I oj the shorty got reload ..can't wait to supreme it