PDA

View Full Version : PPL drops

stayloc
11-03-2015, 12:25 PM
The other day I noticed a player dropping shields and weapons on the ground. I walked over to one of the dropped weapons and picked up. How is this possible.

doctordabs
11-03-2015, 12:26 PM
was this at the end of a hulker hell?
coulda been the server catching up maybe

stayloc
11-03-2015, 12:26 PM
was this at the end of a hulker hell?
coulda been the server catching up maybe

No, this occurred at Muir.

Zompfh
11-03-2015, 12:29 PM
How is this possible? It is not. Not in this game. Perhaps you where playing another game. Probably.

stayloc
11-03-2015, 12:35 PM
How is this possible? It is not. Not in this game. Perhaps you where playing another game. Probably.

Only game I am playing at this time. Been playing 18 months and have never seen anything like it. Player left a trail of 3 weapons and a shield. Didn't notice until my character said "now there's a weapon I can use", player left before I could see who it was.

Claydough
11-03-2015, 12:35 PM
This is a bug to do with supreme weapon upgrades.

It occurs when a supreme is freshly made and everytime the person switches out to that weapon it drops a random peice of loot.

It is infinity too, so tell the person to keep cycling through their weapons and make some free scrip!

Edit: this bug was reported duing pts testing and it was ignored.

Zompfh
11-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Was it good loot? If so, let's find that person....

stayloc
11-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Wow, couldn't figure it out, thanks for the reply.

stayloc
11-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Lol, sounds like a supreme nightmare to me.

Claydough
11-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Its just the regular loot table, mostly blue mods and weapons with the odd purple weapon/sheild drop.

Claydough
11-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Lol, sounds like a supreme nightmare to me.

Its not dropping their stuff, its just dropping random generated loot.

SirServed
11-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Edit: this bug was reported duing pts testing and it was ignored.
I wouldn't say ignored since this happened to me specifically when I upgraded my Beelzebub. I spoke with Destromathe about it for a bit and he even offered to clone my character to figure out what was causing it to happen. I didn't hear back after that but I can only guess that the news was bad. I saw another player dropping loot on Alcatraz last night and he didn't have any Supreme items equipped. This problem appears to extend beyond Supreme upgrading and may be linked to the Rarity Upgrade function itself in some unknown way. It's impossible to replicate reliably as a player, and even with the bag of cheats, we can't say for sure that it can be done.

hempman
11-03-2015, 06:55 PM
Its not dropping their stuff, its just dropping random generated loot.

this happened sat? ingame xbox 360NA @ the Overpass and 3vyl called me and most of zone over to see this in action.
the guy who was doing it was just changing his loadouts...and dropping blues and purps.
we eventually got bored and left,id guess he went for over 30 mins at least.
one thing both of us noticed tho,was the loot was specific for me and 3vyl,
his was his Ego and mine was my ego/low.
its almost like its dropping some form of rewards...?

PTR47
11-03-2015, 09:05 PM
Maybe something in the legacy Woot Loot code?

r1p
11-04-2015, 06:25 AM
I spawned into headlands a couple of days ago and saw a blue mod laying on the ground. I wondered where it came from because it is pretty far from anywhere where you could kite in enemies so this probably explains it.

Ea Rapture
11-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Does the person spawning them see them too? I've see gear drops at locations before though never thought of it.

It was as random as when I'd stand there for a second reading chat and realize I randomly generated a Keycode.

Also never figured out where this JP reward announcement was. I have never see it. And there's no option in the settings area.

SirServed
11-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Does the person spawning them see them too? I've see gear drops at locations before though never thought of it.

It was as random as when I'd stand there for a second reading chat and realize I randomly generated a Keycode.

Also never figured out where this JP reward announcement was. I have never see it. And there's no option in the settings area.
Everyone sees loot except for the person generating it. If you have System messages set to on, it will announce when your friends get Legendary or Supreme items.

Ea Rapture
11-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Everyone sees loot except for the person generating it. If you have System messages set to on, it will announce when your friends get Legendary or Supreme items.

Ahhh, that's why, that thing was rather annoying with the number of people dcing. Lol.