PDA

View Full Version : My first look at defiance game and im far from impressed

AussieHack
11-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Within 10 seconds of the opening clip, after noting the poor cartoon like quality characters and rendering I thought this better improve real quick... Then the audio kicked in, no ambient sounds, poor lip syncing. and a horrid echo element to everything anyone says.

After all the patches downloading and waiting around, this is what I paid for? I've seen much better on much older consoles.

the whole thing reeks of under development, looks and feels cheap. Player Characters are cliché' and predictable. Polygons are too sharp very noticeable in faces, shadow matrix is poor, even the gun sounds are poor, and plenty more if I was to be real fussy

Feeling very ripped off after such a good TV show. Seems like yet another game is trying to ride on the shows coattails.

lol I wondered why there were so many copies of it in the second hand / trade in bin at the game shop, now I know why.

Now do I give up and throw it in the bin where it belongs or bear with it, to me this seems like rubbish so far. The playability and lastability had better be extraordinary is all I can say at this point...

Ray8888
11-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Its not for everybody. And our server load is a little high right now. Youre free to go back to Destiny.

Bentu
11-03-2015, 08:27 PM
OP it's free to play, why did you pay?

Fallen_Aingeal
11-03-2015, 09:06 PM
*snip*
Feeling very ripped off after such a good TV show. Seems like yet another game is trying to ride on the shows coattails.
Riding the coattails?

Apparently, you know nothing of the collaborative nature that the two released with. Do some homework and then bytch...

Gaige12
11-03-2015, 09:54 PM
Its not for everybody. And our server load is a little high right now. Youre free to go back to Destiny.

What he said^^ :D

Sir Dan
11-04-2015, 01:40 AM
The game has potential but...just...doesn't...wanna try

CGO EyeBeBangin
11-04-2015, 03:12 AM

I second this motion... all those in favor, say "Aye!". . . .

Deadeye Joe
11-04-2015, 03:37 AM
The trouble here is that everything the Op says about the quality of the game is true. And he didn't even have to mention stability... I know there's a lot of hopeless fanboys on this forum, but facts are facts. Defiance is a poorly executed game.

Lawnmandammitt
11-04-2015, 03:53 AM
Aye....10 car.

crazyged
11-04-2015, 04:07 AM
Defiance is a bit of a paradox...

The bare bones mechanics of the game are second to none, when you think of it - I haven't yet found an mmo that can come even close the the twitch combat here.

Even some of the original critters are pretty impressive, Hulker being one.

The big mistake was getting rid of the original team of designers, who could have really taken this game places.

Poor resources and skill hasn't brought us much in terms of new content, apart from badly animated Grid, re-skinned assets like the Shrill...

Yet, there's definitely something that keeps me playing, whether it's the social side or something else, I haven't quite figured it out yet...

I can live with slightly dated graphics if the gameplay works and I still believe there's untapped potential here.

The biggest detriment to this game will be poor business decisions...

Escyos
11-04-2015, 04:10 AM
Within 10 seconds of the opening clip, after noting the poor cartoon like quality characters and rendering I thought this better improve real quick... Then the audio kicked in, no ambient sounds, poor lip syncing. and a horrid echo element to everything anyone says.

After all the patches downloading and waiting around, this is what I paid for? I've seen much better on much older consoles.

the whole thing reeks of under development, looks and feels cheap. Player Characters are cliché' and predictable. Polygons are too sharp very noticeable in faces, shadow matrix is poor, even the gun sounds are poor, and plenty more if I was to be real fussy

lol I wondered why there were so many copies of it in the second hand / trade in bin at the game shop, now I know why.

Now do I give up and throw it in the bin where it belongs or bear with it, to me this seems like rubbish so far. The playability and lastability had better be extraordinary is all I can say at this point...

I assume that you liked the TV show because it was filmed in high quality? Purely because of that reason, had absolutely nothing to do with the setting, the story, the characters etc?

You are focusing on ONE thing. Good graphics does not equal good game.

afropick3000
11-04-2015, 04:54 AM
the op has a right to be skeptical with the first impressions of this game, but for those who can't stop playing to criticize the game without pointing out the good parts of the game do it an injustice!

this game for some reason is highly addictive, everyone gets fatigued and moves on to other games, and some even go as far as uninstalling the game, giving/away and selling all their guns and in a month or two be back.

don't tell me you hate the game and don't play anymore but you are posting on the forums!

hempman
11-04-2015, 05:35 AM
Defiance is a bit of a paradox...

The bare bones mechanics of the game are second to none, when you think of it - I haven't yet found an mmo that can come even close the the twitch combat here.

Even some of the original critters are pretty impressive, Hulker being one.

The big mistake was getting rid of the original team of designers, who could have really taken this game places.

Poor resources and skill hasn't brought us much in terms of new content, apart from badly animated Grid, re-skinned assets like the Shrill...

Yet, there's definitely something that keeps me playing, whether it's the social side or something else, I haven't quite figured it out yet...

I can live with slightly dated graphics if the gameplay works and I still believe there's untapped potential here.

The biggest detriment to this game will be poor business decisions...

This ^
i would have supremed this quote,but i was out of af again.....:rolleyes:

Deadeye Joe
11-04-2015, 05:59 AM
don't tell me you hate the game and don't play anymore but you are posting on the forums!

Lol, you assume that everyone who logs into defiance are there to 'play' the game. I just enjoy talking to friends and clan mates. That's really the only thing left.

Besides, this forum is good for chuckles.

PithHelmetIrath
11-04-2015, 07:34 AM
Lol, you assume that everyone who logs into defiance are there to 'play' the game. I just enjoy talking to friends and clan mates. That's really the only thing left.

Quoted for truth.

Tsano
11-04-2015, 09:58 AM
It's the people that make the game.

True, not everything in is game is what it could be (a big "AYE!" to an earlier post...) but there's an appeal that's hard for me to describe. All I can say it's mostly because of clan mates and friends as everyone else has been pointing out.

afropick3000
11-04-2015, 12:20 PM
this game for some reason is highly addictive. maybe i should've said for some reason or another, or for whatever reason each individual finds this game addictive people still play it, just like you and your clannies!
oh and just because you put the word play in quotes it does not change the meaning of what i said. there are other high quality games that you or your clannies could be playing so stop it. this game has it's qualities and good points along with it's bad, but it is enough to keep us here and that's what counts!

afropick3000
11-04-2015, 12:24 PM
i feel you and that's what's appealing to you, but for others it's other things that's the beauty of defiance. i'm in a large clan and i moderately interact some members don't interact all but they are always on , and some all they do is interact so it covers a lot of bases.

TheStigsCousin
11-04-2015, 01:01 PM
I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at this post.

This game didn't come out yesterday lol It's like, 3 years old now? The OP mentions consoles.....well there's half the reason for the poor graphics. I first played Defiance on Xbox, then moved to PC after a few months. I immediately notice a huge difference in graphics quality. My first thought was, "Is this the same game?"

"Riding on the coat tails...."
This one REALLY made me laugh. :D
Ya might want to read up on the history of the game and it's development.

"...is this what I paid for?"
First, the game is free now. Secondly, you mentioned getting it from the bargain bin. So what you're saying is it's not worth the 2 or 3 bucks you paid for it? lol
I didn't start playing until after it went F2P. After playing a couple of months, I came to love the game so much, I bought the ultimate edition. Then spent a couple hundred bucks in the bit store. I'd say it was definitely worth the price.

DR MURDER
11-04-2015, 02:44 PM
So op joins forums to bash this game?...I love this game and community of players...why waste your time joining a forum about a game you apparently don't like?..when I first logged on I was like..awesome...I love the hunt for guns and using perks to make your toon personal...if u disagree with this game...cancel your account and move on

/thread

Mudturtle Jones
11-04-2015, 02:58 PM

Who's Chuckles?

Deadeye Joe
11-04-2015, 03:12 PM
this game for some reason is highly addictive. maybe i should've said for some reason or another, or for whatever reason each individual finds this game addictive people still play it, just like you and your clannies!
oh and just because you put the word play in quotes it does not change the meaning of what i said. there are other high quality games that you or your clannies could be playing so stop it. this game has it's qualities and good points along with it's bad, but it is enough to keep us here and that's what counts!

Chuckle. Chuckle.

Deadeye Joe
11-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Who's Chuckles?

*please see above for details. Ty.

Tex_Arcana
11-04-2015, 04:06 PM
The biggest detriment to this game is poor business decisions...
Fixed. ;)

DynastyKris
11-04-2015, 07:26 PM
What an imbecile

Ocho
11-04-2015, 08:41 PM

Hi AussieHack,

You haven't come back yet, but I hope if you do you read this post. You've gotten off to a rough start here, so let me offer a couple bits of advice:

Going to a forum where fans of a game congregate and just bagging on the game isn't really going to accomplish much. Obviously the majority of folks are here because they like the game and want to discuss it, even if some of them may be unhappy about one aspect of the game or another. All a post like this does is rile people up, which isn't a very productive use of yours, theirs, or our time.
So if your intention is to offer feedback on a product, try and remember a few key points. A) Don't use loaded language. Calling something cheap, or horrid, isn't a great start. B) Try and focus on the things you don't like, for example stylized characters, and offer actionable feedback. Although I don't think we're going to change the art style for the entire game at this point. We can however certainly change the new player experience, things like the opening clip are something we can change if people make good points and it becomes something we think is worth doing.

So best of luck. I'll go ahead and close this thread, but hopefully this advice is useful to you somehow.