PDA

View Full Version : A great way to balance Infectors.

citizen basehead
11-04-2015, 03:41 PM
I was messing around with an infector earlier today and i was thinking of an easy way too balance infectors b4 the upcoming changes. Clearly the biggest issue with in fectors, is the oversized aiming reticle combined with homing capabilities. Since infectors do not suffer from bullet spread and have homing/oversized reticle , they basically out perform even the most accurate automatics in their respected ranges(ie vot pulser close range 5-20m and vbi assault mid range 20-35m). A very simple and easy fix would b too reduce the size of the reticle(30-40% hip aim 45-60% ads) and reduce hip fire range(15-20m must go ads to get max range) they would still out perform automatics but they would require a little bit more effort and skill from the user.

C2THEMAX
11-04-2015, 03:59 PM
People have been complaining about infectors in pvp since launch. If they haven't changed it by now they're not going to. My suggestion would be do the pursuits and don't touch it again. I haven't and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Fallen_Aingeal
11-04-2015, 05:52 PM
People have been complaining about infectors in pvp since launch. If they haven't changed it by now they're not going to. My suggestion would be do the pursuits and don't touch it again. I haven't and I'm sure I'm not the only one.Except, some of us like to participate in PVP. After doing Co-ops, and daily/weekly contracts 100's of times, there isn't much left to do...

Fallen_Aingeal
11-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Instead of changing the mechanics of the gun, what about introducing defense against it?

None of the perks deal with bugs/bug guns/bug gun juice. No shields have a resistance towards them. Nearly everything else in the game has an opposition to it. Not bug guns.

If I'm wrong here, let me know.

Claydough
11-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Instead of changing the mechanics of the gun, what about introducing defense against it?

None of the perks deal with bugs/bug guns/bug gun juice. No shields have a resistance towards them. Nearly everything else in the game has an opposition to it. Not bug guns.

Heal stims and protection spikes are how i combat them...

Fallen_Aingeal
11-04-2015, 06:40 PM

Sure, but I think a perk or specific defense is needed also.

Blast Shield reduces up to 45% range of explosions. Something similar for bug juice...

Claydough
11-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Sure, but I think a perk or specific defense is needed also.

Blast Shield reduces up to 45% range of explosions. Something similar for bug juice...

Like having the bugs aggro on the user?

Elucidate
11-04-2015, 09:20 PM

The funny thing is anybody can outrun them even with just a regular sprint without blur as long as you pay attention as to which direction they are coming from. Ppl just don't know how to multitask and use their peripheral vision to look at the minimap while paying attention to their target

citizen basehead
11-04-2015, 09:32 PM
People have been complaining about infectors in pvp since launch. If they haven't changed it by now they're not going to. My suggestion would be do the pursuits and don't touch it again. I haven't and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Actually I finished all my pvp pursuits around the 1st armistice event, infact I got the 50 hours of PvP gameplay in before Solstice Strike , so u could pretty much call me a vet.

xXxDSMer
11-05-2015, 03:55 AM
I wonder which part of trion isn't changing weapons to change pvp that it is people don't understand.

crazyged
11-05-2015, 04:17 AM
I've never been overly bothered by infectors.

I've been killed by them, sure, but that's just due to a skill failure on my part.

I wouldn't say they break pvp at all.

Ray8888
11-05-2015, 05:05 AM

This is kinda genius.

Fallen_Aingeal
11-05-2015, 10:18 AM
I wonder which part of trion isn't changing weapons to change pvp that it is people don't understand.Not a matter of not understanding.

The forum for Defiance was created for ppl that are players of the game to have conversations about said game. Some of those ppl feel that certain things "could" be balanced and ask for opinions on the matter. Others chime in with their opinions. It's how civilized conversation takes place.

I've been killed by them, sure, but that's just due to a skill failure on my part.

I wouldn't say they break pvp at all.They don't. But I think a defense balance would curb some of the qq'ing about them. I am in no way recommending or suggesting the the "guns be changed or touched, at all."

citizen basehead
11-05-2015, 03:33 PM

I wouldn't say they break pvp at all.

A month ago, I would of completely agreed you. But a few weeks ago, i just decided to switch up my TN big noober/farticle repeater loadout 4 normal weapons(vot pulser and a vbi assault rifle) and well it turns out those weapons are very difficult too be competitive with in current state of pvp. I just want to compare how hard it is to aim highly accurate automatics with no skill infectors. For those who have no idea what i'm talking about i'll put it as simply as possible. Your going to need an infector, pulser , and a buddy. start a duel and with the help of buddy find the infector max range. now have your buddy use blur and run side 2 side while jumping.now try shooting them with the infector 1st then the smg while they're running and jumping. After that tell me which weapon is harder to use.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-05-2015, 04:40 PM
omg this is to funny :cool:

citizen basehead
11-05-2015, 05:48 PM
I wonder which part of trion isn't changing weapons to change pvp that it is people don't understand.

sorry y'all i quoted the wrong post

citizen basehead
11-05-2015, 05:51 PM
omg this is to funny :cool:

I will admit it is pretty funny but its only half as funny as this 1 guy I heard about. So there's this guy who is upset because he thinks this other player is cheating. The other player tried explaining to the guy that he was running a lucent with a lot of damage diffusors and an ablative amror stim. But the guy wasn't going to listen to the other player because he was sure the other player (and every1 in his clan) was cheating. Then the guy goes on to make a thread about how his little 3x dmg ps big boomer in no match 4 the other player's mean and nasty TN big boomer. But there was hope the guy was able to get an apex slegde hammer and it sort of helped the guy deal with the mean other player, but his nasty clan still walked all over the poor guy. I can't remember the guy's name, well doesn't matter can't post it anyway, but i think u might know him;)

Claydough
11-05-2015, 06:46 PM
The funny thing is anybody can outrun them even with just a regular sprint without blur as long as you pay attention as to which direction they are coming from. Ppl just don't know how to multitask and use their peripheral vision to look at the minimap while paying attention to their target

It depends whats shooting at you.

The most popular infector (thank god) you just kill them quickly, pop a stim and if required, drop a spike.

However, a certain 'someone' on pcna i will just turn and run at any sign of an infector needle.

I have no problem with infectors, they only really seem to be a problem for noobs and possibly some over confident pvp vets who refuse to run away.

Fallen_Aingeal
11-05-2015, 06:53 PM
*snip* I can't remember the guy's name, well doesn't matter can't post it anyway, but i think u might know him;)I see what you did there.. ;)

DEATHBRINGER210
11-05-2015, 09:00 PM
I will admit it is pretty funny but its only half as funny as this 1 guy I heard about. So there's this guy who is upset because he thinks this other player is cheating. The other player tried explaining to the guy that he was running a lucent with a lot of damage diffusors and an ablative amror stim. But the guy wasn't going to listen to the other player because he was sure the other player (and every1 in his clan) was cheating. Then the guy goes on to make a thread about how his little 3x dmg ps big boomer in no match 4 the other player's mean and nasty TN big boomer. But there was hope the guy was able to get an apex slegde hammer and it sort of helped the guy deal with the mean other player, but his nasty clan still walked all over the poor guy. I can't remember the guy's name, well doesn't matter can't post it anyway, but i think u might know him;)

hmm i remember that shadow war some1 was sitting under a damage spike a few times with a supreme dc9 . and kept getting supremed apex boomered with his spike

DEATHBRINGER210
11-05-2015, 09:02 PM
you are going to see alot more infectors

pew pew pew
11-05-2015, 11:32 PM
Dear god, not another nerf thread regarding PvP. Trion has nerfed shotguns to death for the usage in PvE after people have complaint about their effectiveness in PvP. What do we do if they see players using shotguns in PvE? We smile at them. We already smile about players who are using infectors in PvE.

If it comes to PvP, we have to consider that enemies in the open world have a lot more health than a player. That's the reasoning why some weapons are so strong in PvP. I'm wondering why we don't have two weapon pools for PvE and PvP or at least different adjustments for PvP. Adjustments such as a lowered blast radius for explosive weapons, higher inaccuracy for hip fire, inaccuracy at all while jumping, lowered damage output for chargeable weapons and other weapons which seems to be overpowered for PvP. Long story short; Infectors are not that great in PvE, they don't take a nerf.

citizen basehead
11-06-2015, 01:42 AM
I think everyone besides Reb is missing the point I'm trying make. I'm not suggesting infectors should be nerfed or looking 4 ways to counter them, I'm just trying to have a discussion about how this weapon operates. Lets just say you have an assault rifle/smg and the center of the crosshairs was the same size as an infector's crosshairs. Now up close(5-15m) you won't have a problem keeping all your bullets on target, but once u get out to 28 to 37m(I think this is max range of infectors) you'd be lucky to have half your bullets hit their target. With infectors it doesn't matter what range you're at, because of their homing capabilities they will always have a 100% hit rate. Now i'm just suggesting because of infectors extreme accuracy, that the size of their aiming reticle should be cut in half. I would like every1 input on this. Would it affect your ability too use infectors? Will it directly impact your style of gameplay? If any1 would like to share their thoughts I would really appreciate it.

PTR47
11-06-2015, 02:00 AM
Reticle size won't make a difference. Projection speed certainly will.

Not that I like PvP, but I don't think this would affect PvE very much, while it would affect PvP.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-06-2015, 12:42 PM
this person was in group with someones former clan founder. and this person was saying the same things about his own clan member , and saw for himself that his clan member was doing some shady stuff in pvp . if would like i will set up a group. to meet up with you ,and talk about this further if you would like ?

Fallen_Aingeal
11-06-2015, 01:21 PM
this person was in group with someones former clan founder. and this person was saying the same things about his own clan member , and saw for himself that his clan member was doing some shady stuff in pvp . if would like i will set up a group. to meet up with you ,and talk about this further if you would like ?
Bro, I don't think this has anything to do with the mechanics of the bug gun.

I don't think reticle size needs adjusted. Just add more defenses specifically for bugs.

This balances things out as, you would need to replace another perk to equip bug specific ones. Let them be similar to the explosive perks.

Ray8888
11-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Why NOT a shield with Bug resist? Or chips? I can't think of a single negative.

Claydough
11-06-2015, 05:27 PM
can we focus on nerfing the actual op weapons first maybe?

Olaf
11-06-2015, 05:31 PM
can we focus on nerfing the actual op weapons first maybe?

New op wep incoming... A rad big boomer lol

Elucidate
11-06-2015, 05:46 PM
I think everyone besides Reb is missing the point I'm trying make. I'm not suggesting infectors should be nerfed or looking 4 ways to counter them, I'm just trying to have a discussion about how this weapon operates. Lets just say you have an assault rifle/smg and the center of the crosshairs was the same size as an infector's crosshairs. Now up close(5-15m) you won't have a problem keeping all your bullets on target, but once u get out to 28 to 37m(I think this is max range of infectors) you'd be lucky to have half your bullets hit their target. With infectors it doesn't matter what range you're at, because of their homing capabilities they will always have a 100% hit rate. Now i'm just suggesting because of infectors extreme accuracy, that the size of their aiming reticle should be cut in half. I would like every1 input on this. Would it affect your ability too use infectors? Will it directly impact your style of gameplay? If any1 would like to share their thoughts I would really appreciate it.

Speaking of which, Ive been sniping ppl at over 70-80m with my fall off barreled grave digger. So much lols when they get out gunned even when they're trying to use a sniper

Claydough
11-06-2015, 06:12 PM
New op wep incoming... A rad big boomer lol

rad boomer in one hand, bio in the other

Olaf
11-06-2015, 06:19 PM
rad boomer in one hand, bio in the other

Yep apex paired with the new rad bb jackpot lol