PDA

View Full Version : Patch Delays vs TV Series

Arkamenitas
08-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Sup all. I was wondering what you all thought of this - suppose a patch is delayed by a week or two due to massive bugs (or some such). what effect might this have on the continuity/continuous reinforcement of the two medias/one world approach that defiance shall have?

Escyos
08-24-2012, 04:19 AM
Well seeing as they are planning ahead i doubt this will happen. The show is being filmed now and will be pretty much complete long before it goes on air, so really the game as to catch up with the show. And seeing how the show is planned ahead, they can tell the game what is going to happen and so they can plan ahead to release things at certain times.

Any bugs won't affect the show.

VanillaGorilla
08-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Also the game and show take place in different cities, so there is a huge buffer between them. If it all took place in the same city I could see some issues maybe arising. As Escyos said the show is filmed all at once so I'm guessing the big patches will be dropped on the shows off season so the game changes can effect the shows next season. Just a guess though.

Siantlark
08-24-2012, 03:23 PM
If there are massive bugs then we obviously have to shoot them. :P

Wolf
08-25-2012, 07:42 AM
I live in the UK and since this is a American TV show, how is this whole hybrid thing gonna work outside of the US? Will the UK SyFy channel air the episodes at the same time?

Escyos
08-25-2012, 08:09 AM
I live in the UK and since this is a American TV show, how is this whole hybrid thing gonna work outside of the US? Will the UK SyFy channel air the episodes at the same time?

TV has never sync up in different parts of the world, although in the past few years other countries tend to get shows only a few days after the US. Defiance, as being tied to the game, may be aired at the same, or at least very close.

However, thats dependent on other countries tv channels to decide if or when they want to show it. Although the Syfy channels in other countries would most likely show them close to the US airing, as it cuts down on illegal downloads.