PDA

View Full Version : What are some good weapon/synergy combos?

Crazy Chang
11-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Hey all, just curious about your favorite combinations of weapons and synergies, and what kinds of mods you think gets the best results , such as a VBI Wolfhound with a critical force barrel and the assassin synergy.

Also what's the use of three burst mags on automatics? Does it give you a faster fire rate?

Elucidate
11-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Also what's the use of three burst mags on automatics? Does it give you a faster fire rate?

It gives you a rediculous amount of recoil

MIIKKAA
11-05-2015, 10:54 AM
imo, one of the best combinations in this game is:

Solīs Prominence Synergy + Supreme Fire Sovereign Ar.

This is the one i use:

http://www.defiancedata.com/weapon/m=414_r=Supreme_e=Incendiary_s=_me=_b=309;337;324; 312;323;331_ego=6000_mod=944;1079;919;1059_mas=74. jpg

Keeper Riff
11-05-2015, 10:55 AM
what's the use of three burst mags on automatics? Does it give you a faster fire rate?Yes they do but it's a bug/exploit so it can get fixed at any moment.

Crazy Chang
11-05-2015, 10:56 AM
So, the burst mag has no real use except for the semi auto rifles?

Keeper Riff
11-05-2015, 11:04 AM
So, the burst mag has no real use except for the semi auto rifles?The way a burst magazine turns a semi-auto into a burst-firing might be an exploit too.

In its essence it's supposed to reduce fire rate and decrease recoil thus making a high-recoil weapon more accurate but sacrificing its DPS. (Turning a VBI AR into a poor man's TACC AR for example) Due to an error in the delay calculation it actually increases DPS and recoil.

Ray8888
11-05-2015, 11:26 AM
I like Stalker on Proliferators. I only use infectors in Pointwhoring situations, so all FR and range for me.

Stalker
Master for Range
OJ Fire Rate
T4 Reducer
Profit

PTR47
11-05-2015, 03:11 PM
The way a burst magazine turns a semi-auto into a burst-firing might be an exploit too.

In its essence it's supposed to reduce fire rate and decrease recoil thus making a high-recoil weapon more accurate but sacrificing its DPS. (Turning a VBI AR into a poor man's TACC AR for example) Due to an error in the delay calculation it actually increases DPS and recoil.

What's your source on this? I have never once heard that it was intended to do anything other than what it does.

Claydough
11-05-2015, 03:38 PM
What's your source on this? I have never once heard that it was intended to do anything other than what it does.

I agree with this.

Burst mags slightly increase fire rate and overall dps over a mag mod, but as elu said, the increase recoil by alot and you are stuck with low mag and slow reload.

If this is infact a 'bug', its a self balencing bug actually giving some depth to weapon modding in this game.

pew pew pew
11-06-2015, 12:07 AM
I do like

Wolfhound / Wildcat + Assassin
Detonator + Stalker / Assassin
Sniper + Grenadier / Assassin
SMG + Run'n'Gun / Rolling Thunder
LMG + Grenadier / Quartermaster
Tachmag Pulsar + Cannoneer
Blast Rifle + Cannoneer / Quartermaster

My favorite weapon due to synergy is a Sovereign Grenade Launcher with Radiation.

Keeper Riff
11-06-2015, 09:37 AM
What's your source on this? I have never once heard that it was intended to do anything other than what it does.Now it makes a weapon shoot 2 bullets simultaneously (without even having a usual fire rate delay) each 3rd shot. If you think it's intended behavior, then oh well.

PTR47
11-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Now it makes a weapon shoot 2 bullets simultaneously (without even having a usual fire rate delay) each 3rd shot. If you think it's intended behavior, then oh well.

So no source.

WhiteStrike
11-06-2015, 10:46 AM
So no source.

He has a gif.I showed it to Rashere and his reply implied that it was an issue but not an urgent one.

PTR47
11-06-2015, 11:28 AM
He has a gif.I showed it to Rashere and his reply implied that it was an issue but not an urgent one.

Did he also imply that using a mod as it is in an exploit? Because, you know, using exploits can get you temporarily banned, and the implication is that using a mod as it is can get you into trouble.

The way it works on the volge lmg is exactly how I picture the intention. Just change the rate of fire for other guns. The extra shot should not be on top of another shot, but in between. But that, I expect, is a very low priority.