PDA

View Full Version : Can we please have EXL Major?

Axelle Axe
11-06-2015, 11:50 PM
It takes a long period of time before a major arkfall spawn. Can you please make the spawn rate a little higher.

Thank You! ;)

PTR47
11-07-2015, 12:10 AM
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/schoolradio/english/oliver_twist_image_01.jpg

Hexthat
11-07-2015, 12:35 AM
I went to what I thought was a major, but a tiny crystal fell from the sky and was over in less then 3mins.

clay marrow
11-07-2015, 01:57 AM

More??????

clay marrow
11-07-2015, 01:59 AM
Seriously though this is real slow and boring for a charity"event"....

s1cKb0y
11-07-2015, 02:04 AM
7am arround here, been awake all night, haven't seen a major in 2hs... zzzZZZZZZZ

Chump Norris
11-07-2015, 02:07 AM
I still haven't seen one and reset is coming so it will prob take 2 hours after that for them to start up...if they even start up.

Meee
11-07-2015, 02:09 AM
Yet to see anything other then the vendor . BTW ty for the vendor

Dreypa
11-07-2015, 02:10 AM
Decided my time was better spent elsewhere. Atleast if im going to watch the grass grow i'll watch some good looking grass :/

Claydough
11-07-2015, 02:13 AM
its only 48 hrs trion, just 100% the spawn rate...

clay marrow
11-07-2015, 02:14 AM
Yet to see anything other then the vendor . BTW ty for the vendor

The highlight of the event so far...... Smh...

DEPHIC
11-07-2015, 02:17 AM
its only 48 hrs trion, just 100% the spawn rate...

100% of nothing =

Claydough
11-07-2015, 02:17 AM
its the same story every time, spawn rates, spawn rates, spawn rates...

Wurm
11-07-2015, 02:23 AM
Lots and lots of normal arkfalls, no event ones since 9am GMT +1 PC-EU

Cygnus
11-07-2015, 03:07 AM
We are here to play for charity.give us something to do.people are giving up.this is my first one.im not seeing anything to rearange my sleep patern.

Wurm
11-07-2015, 03:09 AM
Been on over two hours 2 minor no major.

*edit* Glad I'm not streaming this, my donors would be like "meh" ...

Right now 6 minor and one major on my shard, not one of them is EXL.

lollipoppy
11-07-2015, 03:17 AM
for a charitable event trion sure is being stingy with us smdh but there is everyday hellbug stuff everywhere c'mon man

Dreypa
11-07-2015, 03:22 AM
Been on over two hours 2 minor no major.

*edit* Glad I'm not streaming this, my donors would be like "meh" ...

Exactly why i stopped playing for now

pew pew pew
11-07-2015, 04:13 AM
Back to leveling weapons / earning XP. 6 hours, 2 majors, 2 minors... Good reasons to participate at a marathon but a marathon looks different... Thought we wouldn't even had time to do a toilet break, now we can order pizza while watching sports

Update: 200 minutes later, one more major. Even regular majors are missing. Very rare today... boring like hell

Atticus Batman
11-07-2015, 04:23 AM
I read the EXL announcement wrong. I though the time starts at 12:01 am on the 7th but it doesn't. only the Event does. The time starts at 8am PST on 11/7 and ends at 8am PST on 11/9! Obviously I mentally reversed the two. LOL

Don't miss out: the count starts at 8am PST on 11/7 and ends at 8am PST on 11/9!

Event Goodness

From 12:01 AM Pacific on Saturday, November 7, to 11:59 PM on Sunday, November 8, we'll be having special Arkfalls appearing in game as well! Attempt the Minor Arkfall "Extra Lively Hellbugs", or the Major Arkfall "Extra Hellbugs, Extra Life!" for extra fun in game and the chance for the Halo headgear!

Plus, we'll be doing LIVE giveaways on the stream throughout the event. Join us on the team (http://www.extra-life.org/team/trion) and have a fantastic time playing for a great cause!

The Trion Extra Lifers

Wurm
11-07-2015, 05:57 AM
Spawn Rate is still dismal :-(

NullWolf
11-07-2015, 06:05 AM
Put in a good 6 to 8 hours last night, in that time I did a grand total of 5 minors and zero majors.

mrkrinkov
11-07-2015, 06:10 AM
I have not seen a major drop in 7 hours I've maybe found 4 minors an hour jumping servers till I dc wtf. that's such a waiste of time the point of the game is to get stronger by getting gear I can't get the gear if the arkfalls don't spawn

NullWolf
11-07-2015, 06:12 AM
I've come to the conclusion extra life majors are the bigfoot of defiance, theres no real evidence they really do exist yet people keep saying they actually seen one

Wurm
11-07-2015, 06:51 AM
6 hours into event.

2 Major

2 Minor

And its pretty lame that the Major doesn't have a final. Makes them end way too fast.

doktorsven
11-07-2015, 07:05 AM
7 hours in event, clan members and friends on 3 servers searching for exl

7 minors.
4 majors.

drops for vendor - nothing orange, 4 purple, many blue trash

Wurm
11-07-2015, 08:06 AM
4 minors on the map at the same time, all of them Hellbug Destruction. 0 EXL minors.

http://s28.postimg.org/jqrdwf0xp/bsexl.jpg

Lithova
11-07-2015, 08:54 AM
The few EXL majors that spawned last night surprised me, I wasn't expecting the event to go live until later this morning. I returned back to Defiance on the last day of the Extra Life event last year, I think I managed to get to one major but don't really remember. Anyways fast forward to the present I see an EXL Major and rush to it...it just literally spawned and by the time I arrived on scene three of the crystals had already been cleared, I was lucky to even be able to tag something at the crystal I went to. So when it ended and the finale was about to begin I was rushing my butt to the location. I was surpised the Major looked exactly like the minor crystal ark site...I LOL'd and in less then a few minutes it was over.

Trion you should've made the finale of the Major similar to the other regular Majors at least.

Mr B
11-07-2015, 09:01 AM
4 hours without seeing any major af here on xbox eu.
Sometimes i wonder if they really want ppl to play their game anymore.
Shame, it's a great game...

clay marrow
11-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Why on earth was this event made to be so damn boring? Why is no one from Trion around to make some kind of statement? This can't be right!!!

Dreypa
11-07-2015, 09:16 AM
So... who all think this sucks alot worse then usual.

clay marrow
11-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Anyone who does 24 hours of this should have a charity event held for them afterwards.....

Meee
11-07-2015, 09:30 AM
The spawn rate for this is beyond crazy I've been on for almost 12 hours and only seen a few minors and major . It doesn't take long for 70+ ppl to take out a crystal

Wurm
11-07-2015, 09:30 AM
8 1/2 hours in

3 majors

2 minors

clay marrow
11-07-2015, 09:35 AM
Let's try this......
Kiwi would have made statement by now!!!
; )

Jkjk Ocho.

Meee
11-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Let's try this......
Kiwi would have made statement by now!!!
; )

Jkjk Ocho.
If we had a like button lol

Gaige12
11-07-2015, 10:29 AM
So... who all think this sucks alot worse then usual.

+1

Bentu
11-07-2015, 11:38 AM
I've been in game 5 hours and seen one major that I got kicked from at the 2nd crystal and of course when I get back in I'm on a different shard.

Ea Rapture
11-07-2015, 11:45 AM
I've been in game 5 hours and seen one major that I got kicked from at the 2nd crystal and of course when I get back in I'm on a different shard.

Same. It sucks. And it take too long to get back in. The AFs over before you hit char selection

darkmass3006
11-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Run all night for a good cause sure why not BUT should there not be something to run after

Bentu
11-07-2015, 12:53 PM
What I can't understand and this goes for the other holiday events is why are they so few and far between, these are supposed to be celebratory events that we want to do.

We can do all the other arkfalls and sieges etc any other time.

Olaf
11-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Why can't the devs put some logic into the arkfall rotation system?

If event == on && arkfall.type == normal then
Arkfall.type = event

mrkrinkov
11-07-2015, 01:09 PM
Don't worrie guys their solution is to clear the maps, so I cleared nothing because there was nothing, and nothing spawned on 3 different servers for 50 minutes or more. But don't ***** because it's for the kids so when the spawn rates suck for hulker hell and nfh and solstice strike that's for the kids to so nothing has to ever get looked into.

Axelle Axe
11-07-2015, 02:00 PM
Please O Please we need more majors.

Thank You! :)

Sliverbaer
11-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Entire time they were streaming Defiance, no EXL arkfalls. LOL

NullWolf
11-07-2015, 02:02 PM
the issue with the clearing the map is theres no guarantee the event you're looking for is going to appear.

Last night at one time their was a good 7 or 8 hellbug destruction and extermination minors on a single shard and a couple of us went and hit every single one in a short amount of time. Needless to say the map stayed empty for a good 10 minutes before a wave of raider and darkmatter minors swarmed onto the map.

Also while the hellbug destruction minors are easy to solo finish in seconds half the time they glitch and the thing you should be shooting disappears meaning you have to wait out the 20 minutes for it to expire

Wurm
11-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Entire time they were streaming Defiance, no EXL arkfalls. LOL

Yeah I know... but it was like the dead elephant in the room... ignored by everyone.

Octo
11-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Yeah I don't know if it's intentional but the majors are definitely not majors. The last node is a tiny one with waves. It takes 2 minutes to complete a major :/

Claydough
11-07-2015, 03:16 PM
surely trion must be sick of these spawn rate threads?

Meee
11-07-2015, 03:25 PM

One would think so . Don't get me wrong I get it . Yes clear everything they'll show up . Well I know they can insta spawn a arkfall . It happened in a live stream along time ago . I know they can shut off the other arkfalls by default giving us 100 spawn rate because I've seen it done . Again these both were a long time ago and maybe changes that were made since then would hinder this but I just can't see why things like this were not planned for better .
Yes this 100% about the kids . No question . But how can they expect to keep out attention for 24 hours with every 2 hours we get 1 major that last a whole 5 mins cause there are 100 ppl there killing a small crystal . At least make it a real major . Oven a matron so we have time to get there

Lithova
11-07-2015, 03:29 PM
^^^ I doubt it, otherwise we'd have better spawn rates for these major events....but nope they like to make statements like how we need to clear other events (and when we do) nothing happens so we get trollololotrion'd. I admit I lol'd at the livestream when no EXL events spawned....but clearly...an obviously its all working as intended amrightguise? psh no.

TNO
11-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Yeah I know... but it was like the dead elephant in the room... ignored by everyone.

I did ask them and the answer was that it is not easy for the team to fix it because of the complicated rotation system and that they trying blah blah blah

Claydough
11-07-2015, 04:18 PM
I did ask them and the answer was that it is not easy for the team to fix it because of the complicated rotation system and that they trying blah blah blah

its an easy fix, just 100% the spawn rate...

nerf the loot if they have to, go keep us from standing there all day waiting...

Wurm
11-07-2015, 04:44 PM

If the system is so complex that it's always broken, maybe they need to scrap it and try again.

Wurm
11-07-2015, 04:46 PM

I think they ignore them along with BMG blind me threads.

Wurm
11-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Over a matron so we have time to get there

Amen to that.

Johnny Stranger
11-07-2015, 04:53 PM
its an easy fix, just 100% the spawn rate...

nerf the loot if they have to, go keep us from standing there all day waiting...

HOW DO YOU NERF THE LOOT...GIVE US WHITES ? lol.....:cool:

snoglobe81
11-07-2015, 07:10 PM
I'm feeling a little cheated. I have people who donated but I can't play. Only been able to play 2 but dcd from the others.

Azareal Farseeker
11-07-2015, 07:40 PM
I don't understand why, at the very least, the Colony Courtship arkfall couldn't be used but with the loot tables swapped out ? The way it is now, I laugh at people trying to point farm these with BMG heals cos the bugs don't live long enough to even do any damage to anyone. I have literally seen the Monarch crawl out of the ground and...die.

snoglobe81
11-07-2015, 07:48 PM
I don't understand why, at the very least, the Colony Courtship arkfall couldn't be used but with the loot tables swapped out ? The way it is now, I laugh at people trying to point farm these with BMG heals cos the bugs don't live long enough to even do any damage to anyone. I have literally seen the Monarch crawl out of the ground and...die.

This..I get maybe 2 kills then its over.

VIC757
11-07-2015, 10:30 PM
The last event, they thought they gave us treats. This event is their trick on us. Or are we the tricks, since we're standing around waiting hoping something is going to happen?

Axelle Axe
11-08-2015, 12:59 AM
The event is being treated like an ordinary day.

Wurm
11-08-2015, 01:51 AM
The event is being treated like an ordinary day.

With a live stream. I linked this thread into the twitch chat, and the guys basically said that there is nothing they can do to fix it now...

All I wanted was a halo :-(

crazyged
11-08-2015, 02:11 AM
Never thought I'd say this, but I sorta miss Trick Dempsey...

Chump Norris
11-08-2015, 02:35 AM
You try and bring the spawn rate up to Trion and they say "You have to clear other events" well duh we aren't all new to the game, HH just ended so we know how it works, or they say "Its about the kids not the rewards" well again duh I'm not worried about the rewards because they are going to be blues, I am worried about participating in the event and not being about to find anything related to the event.

Sliverbaer
11-08-2015, 02:53 AM
Welcome to Defiance
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5681/22868018775_e228680655_o.png (https://flic.kr/p/AQLzgM)

pew pew pew
11-08-2015, 05:29 AM
So they are able to "fix" this but they are unable to adjust spawn rates? Trion, you have to hire some experienced coders. I wonder about the source code, must be redundant and chaotic. The game is dead since 2 days, the map is clean 90% of the time I look at it. I'm not talking about Extra Life only, in general it's empty. No wonder the goal hasn't been surpassed yet, people are disappointed.

Lithova
11-08-2015, 05:30 AM
The spawn rate for these EXL majors is pathetically low. It feels more like a regular day in Defiance than any special event taking place. I was expecting to see server messages announcing various live-streams, announcements to partake in their twitch stream giveaways and more dev's making their presence known within and playing with their community...instead all we get is long waiting periods for these EXL majors and a notice that they are removing the EXL vendor due to some bug.

Booo on Trion for this poor attempt at stirring up Extra life participation/awareness and donations.

hempman
11-08-2015, 05:52 AM
this event has been a total bust..i invited friends over to play.
everyone got tired of non existent events.
they left.

how do you raise money Playing for Charity when theres Nothing to Play?

seriously me n 3vyl have been standing around in zone chat for 2 days.....along w Everyone Else!!
wheres the EVENTS??

Insanely
11-08-2015, 06:15 AM
Since server restart there have only been a few minors that have popped up 2 majors appeared on map and 3 seconds later it disappears.. And there is a decent size group of us going around and clearing the world of all other minors & majors & other stuff with same results nothing is spawning...Please look into this as soon as possible many many of us have been on here all night trying to show our support & have some fun but there's is literally nothing in world to do...TY....

Lithova
11-08-2015, 06:28 AM
I saw that happened about 30 mins ago, I was sitting waiting for an EXL major and finally one spawns by bloodbath which is where I was parked while waiting, and before i could do anything the major disappears.

VIC757
11-08-2015, 06:29 AM
I find it laughable that they didn't fix the vendor exploit that they knew about 2 YEARS AGO! Of course, you're going to see people taking advantage of it. Especially newer players that don't know any better. For all we know, since the vendors were the only noticeable different between any other day and this uneventful event, then the vendors were... wait for it... "working as intended". Oh, well. Add that to the list of other known bugs that are over 2 years old (some since original release) that have yet to be fixed. Business as usual over here in defiance for the Defiant Many that just wanted to enjoy a 48 hour event aimed at helping children. There are so many other groups that have put more enthusiasm, planning, and execution into Extra Life. Shame that we just have this. 3 yrs running and this was the worst.

DEPHIC
11-08-2015, 06:58 AM
Just when I thought something couldn't be any worse then Midsummer Mutiny, Extra Life comes back and blows it away. No minors to be found. Not a single major since server reset. The majors appear for a second or 2 and then glitch out and disappear. Way to go, nice job.

hempman
11-08-2015, 06:58 AM
xbox360na
2 mins ago,minor spawns in siliCrit valley.
everyone moans,but we say screw it and jump,
and before we even get transported To port bruno,the minor Disappears.
are you kidding me.....

knock knock...
whos there..

mrkrinkov
11-08-2015, 07:03 AM
I'm so happy we're getting screwed again. we're not getting any event arkfalls so we cant loot farm, and now we can't even buy the shields from the exl vender that they put in knowing they did nothing to fix it since year 1. ohh look bohica over here big letters on my forehead.

PithHelmetIrath
11-08-2015, 07:21 AM
The spawn rate for these EXL majors is pathetically low. It feels more like a regular day in Defiance than any special event taking place. I was expecting to see server messages announcing various live-streams, announcements to partake in their twitch stream giveaways and more dev's making their presence known within and playing with their community...instead all we get is long waiting periods for these EXL majors and a notice that they are removing the EXL vendor due to some bug.

Booo on Trion for this poor attempt at stirring up Extra life participation/awareness and donations.

Sounds like I shouldn't be disappointed that I decided to play Fallout 4 for Extra Life instead of Defiance.

For shame, Trion.

Applebite
11-08-2015, 07:39 AM

Worthy of a "Thumb up" vote.....

I was hoping I wasn't the only that thought this event was rather....lacking. I'm hoping it was just an error or a glitch. Maybe somebody didn't put in the parameters for drops and majors?

Or, are we being cursed, now that Kiwibird is no longer with us? I don't think we can make a Defiance Meme of us on our knees Begging theAlmighty Kiwi Goddess why she has foresaken us with such a badly ran event...But I wish we could.

Wurm
11-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Sounds like I shouldn't be disappointed that I decided to play Fallout 4 for Extra Life instead of Defiance.

For shame, Trion.

hmmmm fallout 4 comes out on the 10th...

Dreypa
11-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Trion isn't so charitable with the majors

Axelle Axe
11-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Trion isn't so charitable with the majors

The vendor is gone! Anyone knows when it is coming back?

Ronin9572
11-08-2015, 11:21 AM

Trion said it might not make it back before the end of the event...

crasher
11-08-2015, 11:22 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and venture that the vendor has been retired for the year, and I'm willing to bet he's going to be out of a job completely when some other game company takes TRION's place in the charity queue next year.....

PithHelmetIrath
11-08-2015, 06:21 PM
hmmmm fallout 4 comes out on the 10th...

Hmmmm it's called I received my copy early..

I'm gonna go out on a limb and venture that the vendor has been retired for the year, and I'm willing to bet he's going to be out of a job completely when some other game company takes TRION's place in the charity queue next year.....

Water, meet monitor.

Axelle Axe
11-08-2015, 07:28 PM
All I want is a halo! Where is it? Sad so sad.. :(

Andraz
11-08-2015, 07:35 PM
All I want is a halo also!!!! Where O Where could it be??? Sad so Sad :(:(:(:(:(:(:( .........

Xevious
11-08-2015, 07:53 PM
All I want is a halo! Where is it? Sad so sad.. :(

I thought you played last years EXL? O.o

Johnny Gatt
11-08-2015, 07:56 PM
The spawn rate has been increased to one major every 5.5 hours. Enjoy

Axelle Axe
11-08-2015, 08:02 PM
I thought you played last years EXL? O.o

I did but I was using my other account.

Axelle Axe
11-08-2015, 08:04 PM
I

That's not bad at all. I thought 7 hours. :D

Johnny Gatt
11-08-2015, 08:07 PM
I

That's not bad at all. I thought 7 hours. :D

That was old spawn rate.

Smokey Black
11-08-2015, 08:08 PM

One more arkhunters...eat it up and spend some money.

Azareal Farseeker
11-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Well, it's near the end of this event and to be honest, it has been a total and complete disappointment.

1. The major arkfalls are over so fast (since they're all minor arkfalls strung together), they can hardly be considered as exciting or even vaguely challenging. It's more of a challenge trying to give my cat a bath.

2. The minor arkfalls are over so fast there's barely enough time to even port to them.

3. And the last thing, this event has shown clearly that there are issues with the spawn rates for the arkfalls. Not just special event arkfalls. Quite a lot of people went around clearing everything in order to try and force spawn the event arkfall but once cleared, it showed glaringly that for extended periods of time (longest I bothered to check was 22 minutes), nothing appeared on the maps (except for maybe a Bathhouse run up).

I just can't imagine what will happen if people all got together and decided to do this consistently. In fact all your competitors have to do is exactly this. Then when new players come into the game they will have the impression that it's a game with absolutely nothing to do so why bother playing it.

I understand that Trion has to prioritize resources and budget but if you do intend to keep this game going then something has to be done. The sheer lack of care/professionalism that went into this particular event is just too incredible to comprehend.

DEPHIC
11-08-2015, 11:18 PM
I've seen the red banner come up for a Major EXL that was just starting, and then it just disappeared in around 2 seconds. I've heard of others seeing the same thing. Happened twice at bloodbath, and once at the Fork. ****s broken.

VirgoBlue
11-08-2015, 11:49 PM
I've seen the red banner come up for a Major EXL that was just starting, and then it just disappeared in around 2 seconds. I've heard of others seeing the same thing. Happened twice at bloodbath, and once at the Fork. ****s broken.

Saw the same thing twice tonight just outside Muir...one with 10 min on the clock the other with 4

Revy2Hands1987
11-09-2015, 12:04 AM
takes too long for event arkfall to spawn

Applebite
11-09-2015, 12:36 AM
Well, it's almost 1 am here, and only seen 4 mins worth of action at what might have been a major....?

I'm sure you've heard it already, Trion. You dropped the ball on this one. You dropped a big ol Poo on everyone's expectations for this event. I was actually looking forward to this event, compared to the Halloween Hulker Hell event...

Here's something to consider for next year: Bundle up some cool bundles and lock boxes for everyone to buy and use 90% of the proceeds for EXL. I'm sure many of us don't mind giving to a good cause. And The Extra Life Charity is a pretty good cause.

This year, I was willing to give $75 just so I could get that sublime Challenger....Didn't happen. Why? I'm not tied into the whole Social Media thing. It's just not my thing. Sure, call me a neanderthal if you want to. But when it comes to dealing with some of the world's biggest ******s online (and mind you, I'm not calling everyone this, just the ones that like to push things too far...), I'd rather steer clear. I think having lock boxes and bundles would cut to the chase, without having to chase down a single participant as a rallying point to donate to.

You could start a bundle for $25-50-75-100, and have different things for the community with each of them that will make it worth while.

And if you still want to do the whole social media thing, that's fine.

But whatever you do, you better Go Hard or Go Home. And I would suggest going hard after the unmitigated disaster this event was for the community, because the overall consensus for EXL 2015 was: "This event really sucked!", and that is the 'nice' edit.

Wurm
11-09-2015, 02:17 AM
This year, I was willing to give $75 just so I could get that sublime Challenger....Didn't happen. Why? I'm not tied into the whole Social Media thing.

I have to ask what you are talking about, I joined Trion's team and raised 200 dollars, and all I had to do was provide my email. And since my email is attached to my Glyph account, I fully expect to receive whatever rewards I may have earned.

I still would have done it without any rewards, Extra Life isn't about me (or you), it's about the kids.

Once I gave up worrying about the Extra Life Arkfalls, I still had a good time in game working on stuff I've been putting off for ever (season 2 incursions) and even managed to make over 40 ego while playing this weekend. Less than 300 ego to go!

According to my spreadsheet I did 12 EXL majors and 5 EXL minors this weekend. I got a few purple EXL drops I like and I made close to 900,000 script before they removed the "dealer".

My thoughts on the EXL ark falls are regardless of the spawn rate problem (and it was a huge problem, I went over 6 hours without seeing one, and my clan was actively finishing all the non-EXL arkfalls that spawned and we shard jumped frequently) was that there wasn't enough mobs and they didn't have enough hitpoints. Also the fact that the major final was just another minor, made it extremely hard to get to the ones we did find in time to even do anything.

Next year they need to improve the amount of mobs that spawn and how many hitpoints they have (for both major and minor), and add a true final (mother-bug was suggested elsewhere) to the majors.

And raise the halo drop to at least a 40% chance.

They do that and people will enjoy the event and we won't have a bunch of pissed off players ranting here in the forum.

Chump Norris
11-09-2015, 03:32 AM

doctordabs
11-09-2015, 05:20 AM
the vendor gave super-junky items with horroble syns anyway, and if you sold stuff to exl vendor,. trion took your money back and made it "correct".... stole over 400k from me

Wurm
11-09-2015, 06:12 AM
the vendor gave super-junky items with horroble syns anyway, and if you sold stuff to exl vendor,. trion took your money back and made it "correct".... stole over 400k from me

So when did this happen? I was in game around 2 hours ago and my money was the same as it was when I logged out last night.

r1p
11-09-2015, 06:52 AM

If they did it was only people who were using a vendor glitch exploit similar to the one used in 2013.

Wurm
11-09-2015, 07:18 AM
If they did it was only people who were using a vendor glitch exploit similar to the one used in 2013.

Yeah just got home and checked, I still have the same script I had yesterday.

Telemachus
11-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Were two exl majors at 6 -6:35am Pacific time this morning Nov 9th.

Susi
11-09-2015, 08:03 AM
How did this event pass Q & A? The minimal spawn rate is one thing, but the design of the EXL arkfalls.

The minors are over in 2 minutes. If some of the selfish, that dont announce arrive there first, there is now way to drive there in time.

The so called majors are over in 5 minutes. If you want to take part you are not allowed to do a coop or a warmaster. This "event" makes the game boring since all you can do is constantly scan the shards to have a small chance to arrive before its over. And when you do arrive, there is nothing to shoot at, since all enemies die in a split second.

Lol before the event started i would have liked to get the halo for my main and my alt.... not even my main got the halo being online nearly all of the time. Looked like they wanted to show me, im wasting my livetime with this game.

doctordabs
11-09-2015, 09:28 AM
yup. as i stated in another post.... i pledged to stream\game defiance for 24 hours - i kept my word and pledge and the entire 24 hours... maybe 2 hours was any fun.

games are supposed to be fun

/dissapointed

Johnny Gatt
11-09-2015, 09:43 AM
yup. as i stated in another post.... i pledged to stream\game defiance for 24 hours - i kept my word and pledge and the entire 24 hours... maybe 2 hours was any fun.

games are supposed to be fun

/dissapointed

This is my last Extra Life playing a Trion game.

PithHelmetIrath
11-09-2015, 09:56 AM
This is my last Extra Life playing a Trion game.

I took this stance after last year's Extra Life.. refreshing to see I actually upheld that.

Axelle Axe
11-09-2015, 10:39 AM
It takes forever for EXL to spawn but it takes a blink of an eyes for it to be gone!

hempman
11-09-2015, 10:55 AM
do the Devs actually plan on making a Comment about this Rather Disappointing Event that we all looked forwards to??

i realize most of the year nobody even knows who or what Defiance is,
but during Exl we had the chance to show a Lot of people a really cool game...
so...what happened? :confused:

Fallen_Aingeal
11-09-2015, 11:29 AM
This was my 3rd year participating in EXL with Defiance.

I chose to play Defiance during this event because I enjoy playing the game. I play the game because I'm not overly concerned with the rewards I may receive. I knew from previous years not to expect a lot and played as I normally would. If a clan mate or friend announced an event arkfall, I would go. Sometimes I made it, sometimes I didn't.

I didn't receive what I was looking for as rewards, and refuse to pay 5m+ for an epic shield. However, I did have fun playing the game and joking with friends.

I'll receive the awards for the fundraising I did, and be happy knowing that the kids at my hospital of choice will get a little bit from my "having fun playing the game and joking with friends".

And, I'm content with that.

Wurm
11-09-2015, 11:40 AM
And, I'm content with that.

Right on! I feel the same way.

Ocho
11-09-2015, 12:08 PM
It takes a long period of time before a major arkfall spawn. Can you please make the spawn rate a little higher.

Thank You! ;)

To clarify a bit on this topic, adjusting the spawn rate during the event wasn't something we can do. We'd need to make changes to the game, make a new build, test the new build, etc. All together this means that it couldn't happen in the appropriate time frame. Feedback on the topic is certainly being taken however, and will be considered for next year's event.

hempman
11-09-2015, 12:35 PM
To clarify a bit on this topic, adjusting the spawn rate during the event wasn't something we can do. We'd need to make changes to the game, make a new build, test the new build, etc. All together this means that it couldn't happen in the appropriate time frame. Feedback on the topic is certainly being taken however, and will be considered for next year's event.

Ty Ocho,as im sure you guessed,quite a few of us were wondering where the hamsters were this weekend.
ty for explaining this. :)

i guess the next question,is will the Next event have a better spawn rate??
the NFH one?

irisawifi
11-09-2015, 12:56 PM
How about making the major finale last longer? Something bigger like the Hulker Hell finale? I'm sure that could have been done. If we're all still around next year I hope changes can be made. I truly love the game and it would have been great to have the livestreams showing how fun it is. I am still glad I participated. Hope the kids and hospitals receive the money and it helps.

Sliverbaer
11-09-2015, 01:46 PM

As opposed to adjusting spawn rate, could it be as simple as:

Normal Rotation: (I think it was by region?)

Minor Hellbug Arkfalls
Major Hellbug Arkfalls
Minor Scrapper Arkfalls
Major Scrapper Arkfalls
Minor Dark Matter Arkfalls
Major Dark Matter Arkfalls
Incursions
Sieges
Etc

Event Rotation

Minor Event Arkfall
Major Event Arkfall

Applebite
11-10-2015, 01:28 AM
I have to ask what you are talking about, I joined Trion's team and raised 200 dollars, and all I had to do was provide my email. And since my email is attached to my Glyph account, I fully expect to receive whatever rewards I may have earned.

There seems to be different ways of doing it, and for that, I won't argue with you. This was actually my first EXL in which I was ready to participate in, since the one last year, I had no clue what was going on in game, never mind the EXL event. So I guess I'm guilty for not knowing how to participate in EXL this year. With that said, I have no issues just donating in my own way, now that I know which hospitals in my area are included with this event.

Ocho, I'm glad to hear you guys are open to some of the suggestions. Here's to hoping that the next EXL event rocks.

Axelle Axe
11-10-2015, 10:24 AM

Thank You so very much for your response! :)

Fallen_Aingeal
11-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Ty Ocho,as im sure you guessed,quite a few of us were wondering where the hamsters were this weekend.
ty for explaining this. :)

i guess the next question,is will the Next event have a better spawn rate??
the NFH one?

Probably not with the time constraint. Next event kicks off in just a few weeks. Not nearly enough time for the "small team" to "make changes to the game, make a new build, test the new build, etc."