PDA

View Full Version : Ffs don't sell weapons and shields to the exl vender!!!

BarrySciFi
11-07-2015, 05:38 AM
Trion had a problem with the EXL venders two years ago. IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. The EXL vender will give you approximately 5 times the scrip for weapons and shields as the regular venders. This is a bug that Trion has astonishingly not fixed. If you sell items to the EXL venders, it is abuse of a bug and violates the TOS. You will lose any scrip gained and possibly be banned as well. I saw it happen to many people two years ago... You have been warned. Please pass this along to all your friends in game...

Trion, please fix.

WhiteStrike
11-07-2015, 05:40 AM
Trion had a problem with the EXL venders two years ago. IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. The EXL vender will give you approximately 5 times the scrip for weapons and shields as the regular venders. This is a bug that Trion has astonishingly not fixed. If you sell items to the EXL venders, it is abuse of a bug and violates the TOS. You will lose any scrip gained and possibly be banned as well. I saw it happen to many people two years ago... You have been warned. Please pass this along to all your friends in game...

Trion, please fix.

Pretty sure that they don't work on weekends.

Wurm
11-07-2015, 06:01 AM
Already did sell some stuff to the "Dealer" didn't even pay attention to how much I received. Thanks for the warning though, I'll stay away from them from now on.

*edit* So they banned people last year for selling crap drops to the Extra Life "Dealer"? Because of a mistake they made? And they didn't bother to fix it again for this year?

Unbelievable.

NullWolf
11-07-2015, 06:02 AM
Already did it not even realizing the prices it was giving back.

Really not to worried about a banning since that should only be reserved for those actively trying to make millions from the problem.

Have noticed a few people selling from the exl vendor, rebuying everything from the regular vendor and selling to the exl vendor over and over again though

SuchDerpMuchWow
11-07-2015, 06:12 AM
Did the same thing vended some mods and such, just went back and actually saw it, it was pretty late. So, do we buy the stuff back? Will I still possibly get banned?

Wurm
11-07-2015, 06:20 AM
Did the same thing, just went back and actually saw it, it was pretty late. So, do we buy the stuff back? Will I still possibly get banned?

I did it once, by accident, so I'm not sweating it.

SuchDerpMuchWow
11-07-2015, 06:23 AM
I did it once, by accident, so I'm not sweating it.You listening Trion? We didn't do anything! (On purpose)

Atticus Batman
11-07-2015, 06:27 AM
{SNIP}
Have noticed a few people selling from the exl vendor, rebuying everything from the regular vendor and selling to the exl vendor over and over again though

That right there is what got people banned the first year, and why there was no vendor last year. So if you don't make excessive use of it like those people are doing, then I am guessing that you will be fine.

YahootsMagoondi
11-07-2015, 06:36 AM
i think they fixed it, but visually it is messed up. i already sold all my spare gear to the exl vendor. so, just to double check i bought back everything i could from the regular vendor and resold it to the exl vendor. i have the same amount of scrip now. i think there is a visual bug in the buy back screen that shows the lower buy back price, but when you buy it back it charges you what you sold it for. it used to be opposite, the buy back price was more than what you sold it to the vendor for but when you bought it back you were charged the original selling price.

the only thing i would be wary of now is people offering to buy your junk guns and mods for cheap. i saw someone in zone offering to buy any t3s for 5k. they can sell them to exl guy for 10k.

people will always find a way...

Wurm
11-07-2015, 07:07 AM
i think they fixed it, but visually it is messed up. i already sold all my spare gear to the exl vendor. so, just to double check i bought back everything i could from the regular vendor and resold it to the exl vendor. i have the same amount of scrip now. i think there is a visual bug in the buy back screen that shows the lower buy back price, but when you buy it back it charges you what you sold it for. it used to be opposite, the buy back price was more than what you sold it to the vendor for but when you bought it back you were charged the original selling price.

the only thing i would be wary of now is people offering to buy your junk guns and mods for cheap. i saw someone in zone offering to buy any t3s for 5k. they can sell them to exl guy for 10k.

people will always find a way...

Here is the difference.

Normal Price.

http://s14.postimg.org/cjbx1i30x/normal_price.jpg

Extra Life Dealer Price.

http://s14.postimg.org/v6k0ves41/wrong_price.jpg

And to test it, I just sold those two items to the EXL vendor and did receive the greater amount shown.

And was able to buy them back from the normal vendor's 513 script. Meaning someone could just keep doing it over and over and make a fortune.

So yes I'm sure people are going to get themselves banned again this year. And I hope for next year Trion fixes it for good.

Chump Norris
11-07-2015, 07:17 AM
This should have been put on PTS, even if you think it's working testing doesn't hurt..

SuchDerpMuchWow
11-07-2015, 07:21 AM
Here is the difference.

Normal Price.

http://s14.postimg.org/cjbx1i30x/normal_price.jpg

Extra Life Dealer Price.

http://s14.postimg.org/v6k0ves41/wrong_price.jpg

And to test it, I just sold those two items to the EXL vendor and did receive the greater amount shown.

And was able to buy them back from the normal vendor's 513 script. Meaning someone could just keep doing it over and over and make a fortune.

So yes I'm sure people are going to get themselves banned again this year. And I hope for next year Trion fixes it for good.
It's says it costs a lower price, but your still charged full price if you buy back

Would have been nice to know before I dumped all my unsold t4s and T3s and junk in their since it was 4 am and it was the closest vendor.

I can't possibly afford to buy it all back now, even if some of it dissappeared

Meee
11-07-2015, 07:37 AM
No the whole sell it buy it back does not work . Yes tron did a good job and fixed it . I tested this with 1 item just to make sure it was fixed . Now as for what you are seeing yes it looks wrong still . But if you actually do the math I sold a t3 mod to the exl vendor for 10K . Bought it from the vendor rite there at op now it said 2K but it took the full proper amount of 10K out . So this entire topic is pointless to keep ranting on what happened 2 years ago . Yes ppl did some bad stuff and rightfully got banned . Tron fixed this so no one has to worry about getting banned . Yes good job tron with fixing a very bad glitch . Now of we can just get the spawn rates up that would be great.

SuchDerpMuchWow
11-07-2015, 07:41 AM
Still sells for 5 price though

Ryu Soba JP
11-07-2015, 07:51 AM
I think the bug is actually in the selling part. After testing this the vendor is indeed paying out 5x the normal vendor price.

Also, buying back from a normal vendor DOES charge you the same amount you sold to the EXL vendor. So there is NO exploit there.

However, I suppose if a player was selling all junk loot to only the EXL vendor for the x5 payout..... :/

I'll stay away from the EXL vendor until Trion makes an offical statement. There is a livestream today during the EXL event so maybe asking there.

Wurm
11-07-2015, 07:52 AM
No the whole sell it buy it back does not work . Yes tron did a good job and fixed it . I tested this with 1 item just to make sure it was fixed . Now as for what you are seeing yes it looks wrong still . But if you actually do the math I sold a t3 mod to the exl vendor for 10K . Bought it from the vendor rite there at op now it said 2K but it took the full proper amount of 10K out . So this entire topic is pointless to keep ranting on what happened 2 years ago . Yes ppl did some bad stuff and rightfully got banned . Tron fixed this so no one has to worry about getting banned . Yes good job tron with fixing a very bad glitch . Now of we can just get the spawn rates up that would be great.

I went and sold the shotgun in my previous picture to the EXL dealer for the 2,567 listed, walked right over to the normal vendor and bought it back for 513 script.

http://s29.postimg.org/4mjj10mdz/sigh.jpg

Went right back to the EXL dealer and could once again sell it for 2,567 (which I didn't do I'd rather not get banned proving my point).

http://s12.postimg.org/49yub9pi5/sigh2.jpg

So it isn't fixed.

Ryu Soba JP
11-07-2015, 08:13 AM
I went and sold the shotgun in my previous picture to the EXL dealer for the 2,567 listed, walked right over to the normal vendor and bought it back for 513 script.

http://s29.postimg.org/4mjj10mdz/sigh.jpg

Went right back to the EXL dealer and could once again sell it for 2,567 (which I didn't do I'd rather not get banned proving my point).

http://s12.postimg.org/49yub9pi5/sigh2.jpg

So it isn't fixed.

Actually, When you "buy back" it takes the amount you originally sold it for at the EXL vendor not the lesser.
Monitoring your scrip between the 2 exchanges would be a good way for you to confirm this.
However, as I stated, just selling to the EXL vendor is bugged and I would advise not selling anything to that vendor until a Trion rep can chime in.

Olaf
11-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Typical trion.

Lithova
11-07-2015, 08:47 AM
Not surprising that people are going to exploit this and probably more so now that its common knowledge thanks to this forum thread. I don't agree that anyone should take advantage of it but I don't believe they are entirely at fault either. Especially if this was a known issue last time and hasn't been patched since going live again. Pretty much Trion has no one to blame but themselves at this point.

Olaf
11-07-2015, 08:50 AM
Not surprising that people are going to exploit this and probably more so now that its common knowledge thanks to this forum thread. I don't agree that anyone should take advantage of it but I don't believe they are entirely at fault either. Especially if this was a known issue last time and hasn't been patched since going live again. Pretty much Trion has no one to blame but themselves at this point.

Exactly. Clever use of game mechanics selling to exl vendor instead of normal vendor if you ask me. Selling and buying back and then reselling would be classed as exploiting I'd say.

stefb42
11-07-2015, 09:01 AM
I always believed the exl bought your gear for ticket price which was intentional, after all its a time limited special event vendor, as far as I was aware it was the selling to exl vendor for ticket price, then buying back from the regular vendor at the lower price to resell at sticker price was the exploit, I for 1 will indeed be selling my legitimate items I don't use to the exl vendor, just like I did 1st time round

Olaf
11-07-2015, 09:18 AM
I always believed the exl bought your gear for ticket price which was intentional, after all its a time limited special event vendor, as far as I was aware it was the selling to exl vendor for ticket price, then buying back from the regular vendor at the lower price to resell at sticker price was the exploit, I for 1 will indeed be selling my legitimate items I don't use to the exl vendor, just like I did 1st time round

Exactly. Trion have had 2 years to fix it if it was indeed unintended. No one to blame but themselves now.

Silent_0ne
11-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Sooooo i sold some items to this vendor will i get banned for that? I started playing this year i knew nothing of this exploit didn't even know it had a vendor till a guy shouted in zone saying you sell stuff there for extra scrip so i did. I sold 3 weapons & bought them back then sold every blue & green drop i got from this event so far, if this is such a big deal why wasn't it patched? or someone could have said something.

Even now selling something to that vendor doesn't feel like exploiting because it's still in the game & you guys are saying this is a 2 year problem, so why?

Altras
11-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Your all wrong. Its only the displays in the vendor that are showing incorrect values, upon buying the item back, your still charged its base value. Ill have a youtube video up shortly showing what I'm talking about

2fVrhcm0Xe0
https://youtu.be/2fVrhcm0Xe0

Watch the rewards screen on the bottom left corner, the values are the same regardless of what vendor, its only a display error.

The only increase in script would be selling junk to this vendor, and not buying it back. But that's not a glitch, nor bug. That's just the vendor, therefore you wouldn't get banned or reprimanded for it.

Olaf
11-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Your all wrong. Its only the displays in the vendor that are showing incorrect values, upon buying the item back, your still charged its base value. Ill have a youtube video up shortly showing what I'm talking about

2fVrhcm0Xe0
https://youtu.be/2fVrhcm0Xe0

Watch the rewards screen on the bottom left corner, the values are the same regardless of what vendor, its only a display error.

The only increase in script would be selling junk to this vendor, and not buying it back. But that's not a glitch, nor bug. That's just the vendor, therefore you wouldn't get banned or reprimanded for it.

Well said, it's a limited time bonus I guess. Seeing as how the Arkfalls blow, I'm just getting my hours in at expos, farming forge keys and Lots scrip from vendor for junk items

Bentu
11-07-2015, 11:43 AM

Trion, please fix.

The exploit 2 years ago was when people were standing at the ex life vendors repeatedly selling and buying back the same shield as the buy back price was cheaper than the sell.

There's nothing wrong in selling the stuff you have for a better price at the ex vendors than you'd get at the supply vendors.

Chump Norris
11-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Destro just said it was ok on the livestream so I'm selling.

Olaf
11-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Destro just said it was ok on the livestream so I'm selling.

Made about 800k so far, 8 expo rounds

darkmass3006
11-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Your are referring to what happen in the past
E enjoy though it says you can buy back at a creeper price from second,d vendor
It takes bA k the full price from which you received from first. Vendor. Check your facts first

Ark on

TriGlav 2000
11-08-2015, 02:58 AM
So what was the exploit this time? There was ingame message about EXL vendors being turned off because of that.

Destromathe
11-08-2015, 03:02 AM
Hey All,

I am going to chime in here real quick, and give you an update on what is going on. Yes, there was an exploit 2 years ago with players who were buying and selling over and over again for millions of scrip. We worked hard to prevent this from happening this time around, but it looks like a visual bug made it through our testing.

In regards to the vendor providing you with 5X the amount of scrip, this is also not intended, as we decided to leave the vendor on for the weekend, and that design was created two years ago and meant to have only a single day duration.

At this time, I have removed the Extra Life vendors from the game. I sincerely appreciate everyone bringing this to our attention, and unfortunately I do not yet know if the vendor will be back before the event has ended. I will be sure to keep everyone updated on that.

No players will be banned for selling their items to this vendor in a normal manner. The exploit from years ago involved sitting at the vendor for hours on end, buying and then reselling the same items over and over again. Clearly this is a different situation, and while I will be investigating any exploitation that may have been possible due to this, simply selling your items to this vendor for the increased scrip is not an example of what we consider exploitation of game mechanics.

Thanks again for everyone reporting this to us quickly, and due to the limited time nature of this event, we will try to get the vendor back up before it is over, but I cannot make any guarantees.

Wurm
11-08-2015, 03:06 AM
Hey All,

I am going to chime in here real quick, and give you an update on what is going on. Yes, there was an exploit 2 years ago with players who were buying and selling over and over again for millions of scrip. We worked hard to prevent this from happening this time around, but it looks like a visual bug made it through our testing.

In regards to the vendor providing you with 5X the amount of scrip, this is also not intended, as we decided to leave the vendor on for the weekend, and that design was created two years ago and meant to have only a single day duration.

At this time, I have removed the Extra Life vendors from the game. I sincerely appreciate everyone bringing this to our attention, and unfortunately I do not yet know if the vendor will be back before the event has ended. I will be sure to keep everyone updated on that.

No players will be banned for selling their items to this vendor in a normal manner. The exploit from years ago involved sitting at the vendor for hours on end, buying and then reselling the same items over and over again. Clearly this is a different situation, and while I will be investigating any exploitation that may have been possible due to this, simply selling your items to this vendor for the increased scrip is not an example of what we consider exploitation of game mechanics.

Thanks again for everyone reporting this to us quickly, and due to the limited time nature of this event, we will try to get the vendor back up before it is over, but I cannot make any guarantees.

Well since you are hot fixing things... how about please hot fixing the ark fall spawn rate :-)

snoglobe81
11-08-2015, 03:07 AM
Hey All,

Thank you for the detailed information. I know I sold some items but the rest went to the regular vendors.

Johnny Stranger
Thank you Destro ...for the clarification and all ... :)

TNO
So what was the exploit this time? There was ingame message about EXL vendors being turned off because of that.

There was no exploit just the incompetence of the devs to get something as simple as a vendor right. Turning the vendors of is just them acxepting their failure.
The sad thing is that they can't be honest about it and try to blame it on the gamers!

Chump Norris
11-08-2015, 03:13 AM
Hey All,

Thanks Destro, it's pretty cool the original intention was to have the vendor pay more for our junk for a day.

Hunter0
11-08-2015, 03:41 AM
Hey All,

ppl got millions out of it...! plus, it was selling useless stuff anyway.

JPs of HH, EXL and the upcoming NFH are all bad. Solistice Strike might be the saviour ! just hoping.

ArthriticNed
11-08-2015, 03:57 AM
Hey All,

This is absolute ********. They higher payout wasn't intended??? Then why the **** wasn't that 2 yr old problem fixed????? I don't see why it shouldn't be that way since you keep "resetting" our gear this was a decent place to dump stuff.

And the 1st yrs exploit wasn't "hrs on end" BC the vendor only showed up a few times for an hr at a time….......and weren't we told then that the higher payout wasnt the issue (and was actually intended) rather it was from buying and reselling the vendors special itms......now the payout IS an issue?

Smh……light is fading

PithHelmetIrath
11-08-2015, 07:39 AM
Yes, there was an exploit 2 years ago with players who were buying and selling over and over again for millions of scrip. We worked hard to prevent this from happening this time around, but it looks like a visual bug made it through our testing.

Well.. at the very least.. there's some.. consistency.. there. *eye roll*

Holy Bahamut3
11-08-2015, 10:01 AM
It seems the vendor is designed to pay out what the game says an item is worth. For example I had a few fully t4 modded purples I sold the vendor bought them for the 120k their value showed in the menu. I really just used this as an opportunity to sell some of the things cluttering up my inventory that I had no intention of using and or selling. It was the same in year one when I sold all of my ancient pre patch Oj's that they completely devalued with the first major weapon update. I haven't noticed any arkfalls this morning Destromathe were they removed as well?

crasher
11-08-2015, 10:19 AM
It seems the vendor is designed to pay out what the game says an item is worth. For example I had a few fully t4 modded purples I sold the vendor bought them for the 120k their value showed in the menu. I really just used this as an opportunity to sell some of the things cluttering up my inventory that I had no intention of using and or selling. It was the same in year one when I sold all of my ancient pre patch Oj's that they completely devalued with the first major weapon update. I haven't noticed any arkfalls this morning Destromathe were they removed as well?

Not so much removed, as not actually in the game in viable numbers from the start of the event.

TNO
11-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Smh……light is fading

To me it feels like we have reached the lowest low whith this (non)event.
I don't see a lot of my friends being back on monday.

MesserStescher
11-08-2015, 02:44 PM
and see here I thought that the vendor was intentional... in the spirit of giving, the vendor was giving more scrip for sold items (extra life).

You see how that worked?? Made a mistake into a good thing...

...but of course that couldn't be the case in Defiance.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-08-2015, 03:20 PM
ohh myy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PithHelmetIrath
11-08-2015, 03:54 PM
and see here I thought that the vendor was intentional... in the spirit of giving, the vendor was giving more scrip for sold items (extra life).

That's probably what others were thinking, during Defiance's first Extra Life go around.. but then the bans happened..

Smokey Black
11-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Me and the EXL vendor had a special relationship.. I had what he wanted and he had the scrip ;) a few mil later and I was in love. Miss you big guy! lolz

On a serious note it has got to be healthy for the Servers to have players dump lots of excess items they had stored in inventory. I cleared 1 main and 4/5 side toones for over 100+ items and 9 mil in profits. That's a win for everyone.

I've heard rumors that one of the main reasons for in game lag was players with huge 400+ inventory.

Ryu Soba JP
11-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Well, my opinion is that vendors SHOULD be paying out what an item is valued on the card and not a fraction of it. It's nearly impossible to obtain anything in trade for scrip. How else are players going to pay for that 20mil gun they want?

For me, the payouts on everything in this game are so low there's really no reason to do anything. Up the vendor payouts. Up the arkforge payouts. Give us something to use Arksalvage on.
Contracts, Arkfalls, emergencies, coops an even expeditions have such low payouts lots of players including me just stopped doing them. Reputation has no use especially when you are max ego. RNG appears to be non existant. Bit store prices are inflated just like the in game Market prices/trade. Then we have all the bugs that "slip through the cracks" that are 2 years old.

Smokey Black
11-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Well, my opinion is that vendors SHOULD be paying out what an item is valued on the card and not a fraction of it since players can sell the items in zone for what ever they want. For me, the payouts on everything in this game are so low there's really no reason to do anything.
Contracts, Arkfalls, emergencies, coops an even expeditions have such low payouts lots of players including me just stopped doing them. Reputation has no use especially when you are max ego. RNG appears to be non existant. Bit store prices are inflated just like the in game Market prices/trade.
Then we have all the bugs that "slip through the cracks".

I know..having 100+ event t4 mods that I can't sell for 35k in game because the average player is too poor or frugal and its not worth time time or energy to sell each one individually a vender like this is the way to go.

Olaf
11-08-2015, 04:38 PM
I know..having 100+ event t4 mods that I can't sell for 35k in game because the average player is too poor or frugal and its not worth time time or energy to sell each one individually a vender like this is the way to go.

Made 2mil just selling expo mods. Wish I cleared my event and bitstore mods too now.
Trust the devs to ruin the ONE good thing so far with this event, other than the scrip vendor it's been a total flop of an event. Trion should be ashamed.

Ryu Soba JP
11-08-2015, 04:41 PM
10/charxxx

Elucidate
11-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Well, my opinion is that vendors SHOULD be paying out what an item is valued on the card and not a fraction of it. It's nearly impossible to obtain anything in trade for scrip. How else are players going to pay for that 20mil gun they want?

For me, the payouts on everything in this game are so low there's really no reason to do anything. Up the vendor payouts. Up the arkforge payouts. Give us something to use Arksalvage on.
Contracts, Arkfalls, emergencies, coops an even expeditions have such low payouts lots of players including me just stopped doing them. Reputation has no use especially when you are max ego. RNG appears to be non existant. Bit store prices are inflated just like the in game Market prices/trade. Then we have all the bugs that "slip through the cracks" that are 2 years old.

The whole point of the already inflated market is that there's lots of scrip floating around. By doing this suggestion, you can expect the items value to multiple at least 4-5 times current rate

Smokey Black
11-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Not sure if that was sarcasm or serious. But, the event t4 mods are usually being sold to others way above the vendor price.

It is serious, the only event mods that sell for more then advertised are the sought after ones. I have so many commando scopes/ fast action reloaders even ionic crit barrels that I would have trouble giving away. let alone the real trash mods I get t4. Melee stocks/Fall off barrels/zoom scopes almost every infector mod soo many I get but could never sell in game.

Altras
11-08-2015, 04:52 PM
The whole point of the already inflated market is that there's lots of scrip floating around. By doing this suggestion, you can expect the items value to multiple at least 4-5 times current rate

I stocked up on the vendor ironclads specifically to sell them a few weeks from now

Smokey Black
11-08-2015, 05:04 PM
I stocked up on the vendor ironclads specifically to sell them a few weeks from now

Does anyone know why the EXL Vendor Ironclads when equipped and viewed have that cool spread out armour plate look and the other shields have the typical hexagon inside of hexagon look?

SouLLezzZ
11-08-2015, 06:38 PM
This may be rude but, forget about the stupid vendors, ya need to fix the ark spawn rate, most of us here actually contributed in this event for the kids and was hoping ya would of been on top of ur game with these bugs n reports of no spawning event arks

Smokey Black
11-08-2015, 07:06 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/tucz6.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/tucz6)

TrippedDrip
11-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Man, I thought I was smarter than other players using this I didn't know is was bannible though :(

Chump Norris
11-08-2015, 07:18 PM
I didn't know is was bannible though :(

If you just sold items to the vendor you're fine.

Smokey Black
11-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Told you so?

Smokey Black
11-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Any comment? You slandered me hard in zone bro I'm not going to let it slide.

hempman
11-08-2015, 10:10 PM

unsure on pc,but on xbox 360 the vendor was selling exl weapons with Backpack Syns....Not Exl syns..
quite possibly the weirdest decision...well anyways..they wont be worth much in backpack syn.

right now the prices are going thru the roof on purp And Blue shields and guns With exl syns.:confused:
and,if trion had left the vendor selling exl guns With exl syns,this wouldnt be happening.:mad:

Claydough
11-08-2015, 10:39 PM
unsure on pc,but on xbox 360 the vendor was selling exl weapons with Backpack Syns....Not Exl syns..
quite possibly the weirdest decision...well anyways..they wont be worth much in backpack syn.

right now the prices are going thru the roof on purp And Blue shields and guns With exl syns.:confused:
and,if trion had left the vendor selling exl guns With exl syns,this wouldnt be happening.:mad:

the vendor sheilds have increased capasity

syn or no syn, there will be value in them in another 6-9 months

Logain
11-09-2015, 06:05 AM
the vendor sheilds have increased capasity

syn or no syn, there will be value in them in another 6-9 months

Do the vendor shields have increased capacity? Discussed it in chat and I thought the consensus was that they did not. I did buy one of each epic item as a collector set but that is all. Would be great if the shields did have increased capacity even if the rearm bonus is less than ideal.

Wurm
11-09-2015, 06:19 AM
Do the vendor shields have increased capacity? Discussed it in chat and I thought the consensus was that they did not. I did buy one of each epic item as a collector set but that is all. Would be great if the shields did have increased capacity even if the rearm bonus is less than ideal.

Same capacity as Epic DH as far as I could tell. Except with a meh syn.

revytwohands1987
11-09-2015, 10:43 AM
I sold all my unwanted Extra life gear to the dealer until they removed it that sucked

Ocho
11-09-2015, 10:45 AM
That right there is what got people banned the first year, and why there was no vendor last year. So if you don't make excessive use of it like those people are doing, then I am guessing that you will be fine.

This is pretty much the case with any exploit. People who do it on accident are pretty much safe. People who do it "on accident" 50,000 times have something to worry about. We thought we had a fix in for this, and will investigate so it doesn't repeat in the future.

Edit: Destromathe has already clarified how we changed this, and that we will be investigating possible changes for the future.

In general though, we do ask that when you notice issues like this that you send us a private message rather than posting it on the open forums. Some folks don't have the common sense to not exploit, and by letting them know how to do it you are helping them get themselves in trouble.

Thanks,

hempman
11-09-2015, 11:17 AM
honestly,i discovered this by accident while on one of the toons.
i mean seriously,the exl vendor was right Next to reg vendors,
i figured it out and was like noway is that gonna work.
i tried it briefly,cycling thru toons,then realized it was only a visual glitch.
actually lost some mods to it,but owell.
but,you cant expect people to not discover this?
i saw lots of people running from exl to reg vendor sat morning....
back,n forth.

so,if it was just a visual glitch,why did the exl vendor get gone?
i did get good money for all my useless t4s shottys snipers,pistols just selling them to exl.
would have loved to clear out my toons/junk.

Ray8888
11-09-2015, 11:19 AM
If only we had some kind of public test server...

hempman
11-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Winner

great point tho,if a newb like me can figure out this stuff,how come they didnt fix it beforehand?
cause i remember reading a post that said they knew about this.

Altras
11-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Unfortunately, the broken arks prevented some people from really streaming them.

Wurm
11-09-2015, 11:43 AM
This is pretty much the case with any exploit. People who do it on accident are pretty much safe. People who do it "on accident" 50,000 times have something to worry about. We thought we had a fix in for this, and will investigate so it doesn't repeat in the future.

Edit: Destromanthe has already clarified how we changed this, and that we will be investigating possible changes for the future.

In general though, we do ask that when you notice issues like this that you send us a private message rather than posting it on the open forums. Some folks don't have the common sense to not exploit, and by letting them know how to do it you are helping them get themselves in trouble.

Thanks,

However we asked in the live stream and it was said it was OK to sell to them. So I don't think its the player's fault at all. Once I heard the blessing from the defiance team is when I started to use the merchant to dump off all the blues and greens and unneeded purples during the event.

r1p
11-09-2015, 11:50 AM
If only we had some kind of public test server...and wasn't the main source of QA and wasn't used by most of the volunteer play testers to just buy bit boxes to see what the upcoming loot was going to be.

Fixed that for you.

r1p
11-09-2015, 12:14 PM

I don't even know where to begin with this statement.

Ray8888
11-09-2015, 01:10 PM
Fixed that for you.

Except they never ran it on PTS at all. And was told about the other glitch weeks ago before it went live. Then stated to go right ahead and use the vender.

Destromathe
11-09-2015, 01:12 PM

You are right Ray, we do have the PTS for exactly this kind of testing. Unfortunately, due to the tight window we had for builds so that we could squeeze extra life between hulker hell and new frontier harvest, I simply did not have the build consistency to get these changes up on PTS.

In the future, we will be more vigilant in getting this stuff out to the players so they can help us identify these kinds of issues.

I would also like to take the time to point out the fact that this event was intended to be a way to raise money for local childrens hospitals. While we really want players to be able to get in and enjoy the content, this was not meant to be as fleshed out as a holiday event. We sincerely appreciate everyone who contributed to team Trion, and raised money, and while I do apologize for any issues with event spawn rates or the vendor, please keep in mind that we did not modify this event in any way as we are focusing more on the Holiday events which are the true content updates.

Ryu Soba JP
11-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Except they never ran it on PTS at all. And was told about the other glitch weeks ago before it went live. Then stated to go right ahead and use the vender.

I don't see why this would have to be on pts. The vendor should have been fixed after year 1 of defiance EXL.
Not on year 3. Consider the time the bug was first reported, the second year the vendor was excluded from the event because of the bug.

I still say that the vendor should be paying out the value on the item card instead of a fraction of it. Otherwise that value is meaningless and should be removed.

J3R3MIAHS
11-09-2015, 01:41 PM
You are right Ray, we do have the PTS for exactly this kind of testing. Unfortunately, due to the tight window we had for builds so that we could squeeze extra life between hulker hell and new frontier harvest, I simply did not have the build consistency to get these changes up on PTS.

In the future, we will be more vigilant in getting this stuff out to the players so they can help us identify these kinds of issues.

I would also like to take the time to point out the fact that this event was intended to be a way to raise money for local childrens hospitals. While we really want players to be able to get in and enjoy the content, this was not meant to be as fleshed out as a holiday event. We sincerely appreciate everyone who contributed to team Trion, and raised money, and while I do apologize for any issues with event spawn rates or the vendor, please keep in mind that we did not modify this event in any way as we are focusing more on the Holiday events which are the true content updates.

I played for almost 40hrs I donated $100 to exl and CMN I do multi annually thru different places. However, the gameplay. Don't think it was good or bad, just indifferent. There was a lot that could have been done and this is a hectic time for you all, but I know a lot of people that grinded and missed sleep just trying to get the Halo and got nothing, still haven't gotten the challenger or the exl box as noted as the prize for donations.

Infinity Eagle
11-09-2015, 01:54 PM

Was broke last year, broke this year and will be broke next year IF the game is around that long.

VIC757
11-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Can we ask the devs to "flesh out" the event next year enough so that known bugs are fixed and a proper build with increased spawn rates is implemented and working properly? I get that holiday events make the company more money so they take priority over charitable events, but come on? I'm asking a year in advanced to to fix what have been 2 years old issues.

PithHelmetIrath
11-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Was broke last year, broke this year and will be broke next year IF the game is around that long.

Someone's been reading my mind on the subject..

jremarks
11-09-2015, 02:14 PM
We thought we had a fix in for this, and will investigate so it doesn't repeat in the future.

Edit: Destromathe has already clarified how we changed this

please keep in mind that we did not modify this event in any way

Y'all need to speak together more, make up one story as to why you didn't make an effort during a charity event, that your players are raising money for under your name. Seems all the effort is being pointed towards creating more new content none of those players asked for instead of addressing real issues in the game.

Infinity Eagle
11-09-2015, 03:34 PM

This is from first year, but think it is the same
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/infinityeagle/extralife_zpsmcgbvdkt.jpg

Claydough
11-09-2015, 04:00 PM

Whilst i see where the team is coming from here, i for one was looking forward to the exl event farrrrrrr more than any of the other events, i even took an unpaid day off of work just to get more hours in on the marathon.

We already have a hellbug type special event, surly with minimul efforts to could add the exl loot tables to that.
Although its less than ideal to rehash an event, it would be better than what we got this year....

Please put this on the 'to do list' before next year, because alittle effort will go a long way

(Also, im alittle dissapointed the exl vendor did not stock the corp lock box, would have been a good way to spend a weekends worth of keys)

Chump Norris
11-09-2015, 06:21 PM

I asked Destro to go sell something during the livestream and he said the exploit was fixed and it was fine to sell things to the vendor so I did..

Destromathe
11-09-2015, 07:01 PM
I have concluded investigating this issue, and determined that we did indeed fix the "Eploit", which was for players to go around the intention of the system by purchasing thousands of items from other vendors and sell it to the Extra Life vendor. This was simply not possible this time.

However, as I said before, we did not intend for the vendor to purchase items from players at such a high scrip price, which is why the vendor was subsequently taken down. If players farmed items like crazy in a legitimate manner, then sold items to this vendor, they were cleverly utilizing game mechanics that we introduced to the game. While this was not intended, we will not be actioning any players that legitimately earned items, and sold them to the vendor.

The line between clever use of game mechanics and exploiting game mechanics can be difficult to understand sometimes, and I will always try to be as clear and concise as I can when explaining the difference. In this case, the exploit we originally had was fixed, and a new unintended consequence was introduced. The vendor was removed, and that is the end of that. We will be sure that next year, we will do our best to make the vendor function 100% as we intend.

r1p
11-09-2015, 08:10 PM

My comments weren't directed at this event specifically, but how PTS is utilized in general.

Atticus Batman
11-10-2015, 01:18 AM

Actually the Nano-mastery synergy that the EXL Vendor sold IS an EXL synergy. It is the original EXL synergy from 2013. However you don't know that because you weren't around back then and because the original EXL guns were non-tradable so you have never seen any with that synergy in game, if you weren't around for the 2013 event.

Whereas the Firewall/Wetwork/Woc synergies were corporate Espionage lockbox synergies that they chose to add to the EXL event in 2014 on the EXL specific gear. So it is good that this year, all 4 synergies were around.

hempman
11-10-2015, 06:21 AM
yes i managed to reel in one of those shields that is shown on #82 and it looks identical cept mine is purple,45k ego and around 18k cap.
had to laugh at these shields as in the middle of waiting for events to spawn i got my piper missions done and got the Rhino with crazy 28k cap in green.

ty for the headsup on the Exl.
funny part is,didnt i just sell all this firewall stuff not more than a few months ago....sold ojs...now the purps selling for oj prices.

Valani
11-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Wouldn't it be awesome if you guys at Trion could show the same fancy foot-work you did resolving this 2-year-old Vendor Virtual Money Exploit towards fixing the DLC trophies that won't unlock? This was real money! What else is there to do since Kiwi's moved on...LoCarb's busy hussling for money...and the others just don't seem to care. Been 8 months with this issue and no one's cajoled me, but let's celebrate on fixing yet another neglected bug!