PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Thumbsticks for PC

Galts
11-07-2015, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know if there is any kind of support out there that will allow me to use "legacy" thumbstick settings on my xbox controller on my PC?

Keeper Riff
11-07-2015, 09:27 AM
I think the best way would be to install an x360 controller emulator application and remap the control stick assignment in it according to how you want them to behave. There could be a problem though if the game still picks up the input from the actual controller rather than emulated one so you'll have to make sure the emulated one is set as the default one for games in Windows settings. Alternatively, you can install DirectInput drivers for your Xbox controller. As Defiance won't see DirectInput devices, the emulated controller would be the only one visible to it, so there won't be any conflicts this way.

xXxDSMer
11-08-2015, 01:13 AM
Might also be some software from Razer or similar, which allows remapping of an input device (don't know if Razer software will work with a 360 controller... then again it might). But basically, when remapped, the remapped device is the only behavior for any and all programs.

Like my mouse at the moment... 10th button on the side of it was remapped to F5 for refreshing pages. If I were to go into defiance on pc and hit that 10th button, the game might be wondering what the hey it's supposed to do for F5 lol

TheStigsCousin
11-08-2015, 03:45 PM
In the options menu there is an option for remapping the controller.

Settings>>>controls>>>controls remapping (turn on)

Keeper Riff
11-09-2015, 12:20 PM
In the options menu there is an option for remapping the controller.

Settings>>>controls>>>controls remapping (turn on)Have you tried that yourself? The only thing you can do there with analog sticks is to swap them completely. What OP wants to do is to make it work so that one of the sticks makes the character move forward/backward and turn left/right and the other one makes it look up/down and strafe left/right.