PDA

View Full Version : Are my key binds ever going to save?

ShadowViper
04-06-2013, 03:23 AM
Still waiting to find out if my key binds I set are ever going to save so I don't have to spend 5 minutes changing key binds every time I log in, or get booted from the game. This is probably the most frustrating thing I've dealt with in a game as of late (even on launch). For the most part, all games I've played after release have had the ability to SAVE key binds. When you logged out, they didn't revert to default.

Is there any chance this is going to be fixed any time soon? With all the patches and disconnects and server restarts and what not - this simple fact of me having to change my key binds every time one of those happens is slightly irritating.

Of course I'll spend the time changing them, I love the game lol. It is just annoying. It's not a deal breaker or nothing lol.

Just hope this gets addressed and fixed soon. It would make my game play experience that much better in the end (and I'm sure others as well) :D

Dixa
04-06-2013, 03:24 AM
my perks dont save. awlays have to check them not only when i log in but when i load anywhere.

ShadowViper
04-06-2013, 03:34 AM
my perks dont save. awlays have to check them not only when i log in but when i load anywhere.

Have had this problem as well.

Skeety
04-06-2013, 04:38 AM
[removed question about how to assign perks to loadout - I was blind, the Equip button is there]

Not sure on the keybind saving but I think they get turned OFF (master control) at each logoff, which I think resets them back to default. So maybe it's just not saving the state of that master control?

ssgt rj
04-06-2013, 04:40 AM
Have not seen that yet..but will watch for it..thanks for the info.

ShadowViper
04-06-2013, 05:04 AM
Also - since it is like a "controls" feature... can we fix the voice chat OFF button too? I turn it off, then any time I join a PvP match, I have to turn it on, then off, then on, then off again just so it goes back to the off setting. Cause lets face it, I don't wanna hear a bunch of people screaming and raging in their headset because they got shot and killed or whatever.

When I turn it off, it needs to STAY off lol.

Swarm
04-06-2013, 07:23 AM
this also annyos me, and it only seems to save some of the bindings for me.... power grenade reload sprint and boost are the only ones that get reset for me... its weird

Thod
04-06-2013, 07:30 AM
this is a major issue. there a numerous posts on this.

dirtyklingon
04-06-2013, 07:52 AM
i use a nostromo so i'm unaffected by the keybind issue personally. but related to it i am affected by the voice off not saving.

well the button position does save at off between sessions, but myself and all my guildies evry single session we have to tick it on then tick it off again.

actually i think some of them were muting people individually until last night.

ShadowViper
04-06-2013, 07:58 AM
i use a nostromo so i'm unaffected by the keybind issue personally.

I'm using a naga - so it would be nice if it would save the binds to what I reset them to. All my hot buttons on my thumb click... so, yeah - kinda lame lol

dirtyklingon
04-06-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm using a naga - so it would be nice if it would save the binds to what I reset them too. All my hot buttons on my thumb click... so, yeah - kinda lame lol

you can't bind w/e keys you want in the naga software? that's why i am able ot totally avoid this problem with the nostromo. i don't even touch the in game binding except to reference on nostromo profile set up.

if it's possible, i tmight be worth a shot.

also what people can do, i think anyway, is use autohotkey to rebind your kb buttons to w/e you want though keep in mind your kb will be rebound even when alt tabbing and closing the game until you turn off AHK.

TaiBrix
04-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Something unique to your systems must be part of the problem as my key-binds work all the time - never had a reset of any of them since launch.

I have the Razer Naga mouse and set up a couple of the thumb keys for weapon switch and interact (E) - never had a problem with them working.

Shismar
04-06-2013, 08:24 AM
After three days and dozens of death's due to reset keys my bindings finally saved yesterday. Not in one step, mind ya, I had duplicate functions on my ALT key for some time. I would roll and the quick menu would pop up. Thankfully this did straighten out after a couple retries.

ShadowViper
04-06-2013, 08:42 AM
you can't bind w/e keys you want in the naga software? that's why i am able ot totally avoid this problem with the nostromo. i don't even touch the in game binding except to reference on nostromo profile set up.

if it's possible, i tmight be worth a shot.

also what people can do, i think anyway, is use autohotkey to rebind your kb buttons to w/e you want though keep in mind your kb will be rebound even when alt tabbing and closing the game until you turn off AHK.

They work just fine, once I reset them - but I dont run the naga bloatware... its a gimic (like most things from razer). The mouse is fine plug an play. And not to deviate from the topic since this is prob gonna turn into a hardware thing (which it isn't), but it has nothing to do with my mouse or your nostramo, it is simply a game issue that needs to be fixed and addressed. It doesn't matter if I can bind XYZ to something... it is a matter of a core game function not working as it should. Nothing more.

dirtyklingon
04-06-2013, 08:44 AM
They work just fine, once I reset them - but I dont run the naga bloatware... its a gimic (like most things from razer). The mouse is fine plug an play. And not to deviate from the topic since this is prob gonna turn into a hardware thing (which it isn't), but it has nothing to do with my mouse or your nostramo, it is simply a game issue that needs to be fixed and addressed. It doesn't matter if I can bind XYZ to something... it is a matter of a core game function not working as it should. Nothing more.

i realize it's a major issue with the game itself. i was merely suggesting alternatives. :)

ShadowViper
04-06-2013, 08:46 AM
i realize it's a major issue with the game itself. i was merely suggesting alternatives. :)

S'all good, just wanting to stay on topic is all lol. I know people would see a post about peripheral A and then start talking about how peripheral B is better. Which is far from the topic I originally posted about haha :P