PDA

View Full Version : This event is a JOKE.

KILLSHOT707
11-07-2015, 06:59 PM
You guys should be embarrassed and ashamed of this event. This is what Trion does to help sick kids? The arkfalls them selves are weak. What is up with the finally? To lazy to make something cool? Server stability on console is a joke.Way worse than it is during an event. Now what about people going hours with out seeing any event arkfalls? I guess this is what happens when there are no bits to be made...Shameful.

J3R3MIAHS
11-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Been up the entire event so far. Almost 24 hrs since it dropped and only been to 4 majors. Critted out of 2 of them and was lucky enough to have a clannie to jump back to. Got two purple wet works shields. Glad all the money's going to exl.

MIIKKAA
11-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Come on... Does it really surprise you?

Claydough
11-07-2015, 09:38 PM
Been up the entire event so far. Almost 24 hrs since it dropped and only been to 4 majors. Critted out of 2 of them and was lucky enough to have a clannie to jump back to. Got two purple wet works shields. Glad all the money's going to exl.

consider yourself extremely lucky...

Hexthat
11-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Clearing out everything off map takes a long time, then when you see a Extra life minor or major it is gone in less then 2 minutes. Really boring event, even worse then the last.

J3R3MIAHS
11-07-2015, 10:38 PM
consider yourself extremely lucky...

Im 5 majors and 3 crits now lol.

PTR47
11-07-2015, 11:54 PM
Spent a few minutes looking for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals as well, and the information seems guarded. Which seems shady to me. They are promoting fundraising over outreach.

PithHelmetIrath
11-08-2015, 07:25 AM
Come on... Does it really surprise you?

Doesn't surprise me personally, but then again, I've been playing Defiance since 2013..

Hexthat
11-08-2015, 07:50 AM
So is the corporate espionage lock box coming back? Is exl always such lame old syns?

PithHelmetIrath
11-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Sounds like the in-game event was a bad joke, but the donations Extra Life received wasn't.. $6.4 million as of 45 minutes ago.

doctordabs
11-09-2015, 05:31 AM
You guys should be embarrassed and ashamed of this event. This is what Trion does to help sick kids? The arkfalls them selves are weak. What is up with the finally? To lazy to make something cool? Server stability on console is a joke.Way worse than it is during an event. Now what about people going hours with out seeing any event arkfalls? I guess this is what happens when there are no bits to be made...Shameful.

yep i was streaming 24 hours and my viewers where making fun of the lack of ANYTHING TO DO on the map the whole time
thanks trion - i picked defiance to game for 24 hours..
got hazed for 24 hours for having nothing to do but constantly explaion to my viewers why i'm teleporting around looking for action.

i'm ashamed of trion

Cygnus
11-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Was like watching two no hitters on two channels for two days.constantly switching shards for hours.should send developers to Guantanamo to help with isis.talk about torture.lol

crasher
11-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Was like watching two no hitters on two channels for two days.constantly switching shards for hours.should send developers to Guantanamo to help with isis.talk about torture.lol;)

crazyged
11-09-2015, 08:47 AM
I started recording my sessions to upload to Youtube.

When I did the first major after waiting a goodly few hours, I quietly turned off my recording software and decided to spend the rest of the day doing anything but looking for EL events...

Pity really, could have been entertaining...

Johnny Gatt
11-09-2015, 09:46 AM
I started recording my sessions to upload to Youtube.

When I did the first major after waiting a goodly few hours, I quietly turned off my recording software and decided to spend the rest of the day doing anything but looking for EL events...

Pity really, could have been entertaining...

The same with me.

Hexthat
11-09-2015, 09:47 AM
I have over 13 hours of recorded video from this event. 80% of the videos is me Forge Farming.

doctordabs
11-09-2015, 09:49 AM
i spent almost the entire 28 hours (not 24) doing the same... in the end i had to keep playing the EXL promotional clips just to give my viewers something to watch.
people who dont even play the game where complaining about how bad it was.

doctordabs
11-09-2015, 09:51 AM
Sounds like the in-game event was a bad joke, but the donations Extra Life received wasn't.. $6.4 million as of 45 minutes ago.

with as questionable as this event was , on top of the fact that there is NO MENTION of exl on the CMN's website...... i'm starting to feel very sketched out- im considering just telling my donators to cancel their donation, and send it directly to children's miracle network WITHOUT the extra-life passthru

PithHelmetIrath
11-09-2015, 09:54 AM
with as shady and guarded as this event was - im very close to just telling my donators to cancel their donation, and send it directly to children's miracle network WITHOUT the trion inclusion tag.
trion doesn't diserve any credit for my donations

I had no intentions to sign up with Team Trion this year.. and the same can be said for last year. Only for Extra Life 2013. I'm already a part of a local Extra Life guild.

TrippedDrip
11-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Im kinda glad I missed out on the first day My family enterd a car show and we got to see tons of hot rods even though my mind was on last weekends event the whole time. Then when I played I had to start most of the arkfalls and I spent like 20 minutes trying to destroy a crystal by myself pfff where the hell where you guys.

Hexthat
11-09-2015, 12:34 PM
This video sums up my EXTRA LIFE 2015 experience.

https://youtu.be/Tth8mR8K8iA

Watch at 7:00 time.

Fallen_Aingeal
11-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Maybe I'm not understanding the problem here.

Granted the event spawn rates were abysmal, but there was plenty of other things to do in the game. They didn't stop all other activities for the event, just added {albeit, not nearly often enough} 2 other arkfalls to participate in.

The point of the event is to marathon game for 24 hours and to help raise funds and awareness of the charity. I don't recall reading anywhere that I was ONLY supposed to do these SPECIFIC arkfalls to meet the requirements.

I was logged in 24+ hours. Had many enjoyable hours playing the game and talking and joking with friends.

Some claim to be ashamed of Trion. You should be ashamed of yourself! It was a CHARITY event. It wasn't about you.

My 2 cents.

pew pew pew
11-09-2015, 04:36 PM
Maybe I'm not understanding the problem here.

Granted the event spawn rates were abysmal, but there was plenty of other things to do in the game. They didn't stop all other activities for the event, just added {albeit, not nearly often enough} 2 other arkfalls to participate in.

The point of the event is to marathon game for 24 hours and to help raise funds and awareness of the charity. I don't recall reading anywhere that I was ONLY supposed to do these SPECIFIC arkfalls to meet the requirements.If I compare my todays session (and also previous sessions) with the whole weekend, today I've seen twice the majors than during the weekend. There was nothing to do most of the time and I tried hard to level my toon since XP is one of the last things I have to do besides PVP & Reputation pursuits.

You say it was about the kids, true, but it doesn't change the fact that it was half-hearted implemented. However, I don't think it was intended like that, just sad they haven't done something about it.