PDA

View Full Version : We want your ideas for Inventory improvements!

Ocho
11-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Hey folks,

Right now were looking for your ideas on how to improve the inventory in Defiance. If you have a great idea, or just an area of the inventory that causes you occasional frustration, please let us know!

There are two specific areas of feedback we are looking for:

Ideas: Ideally ideas are simple ways to improve the inventory that are easily describable in two to three sentences. Ex: Please make a way we can filter mods in our inventory.

Areas for Improvement: Again, well described in two to three sentences is an ideal request for an area of improvement. Ex: Finding specific types of guns can be difficult.

Well review this thread periodically, before compiling a list of player suggestions and desired areas of improvement. While we do not have a scheduled ETA for any changes coming to the Inventory system in Defiance, this is an area of the game we are actively seeking feedback from our players.

Thank you all for your feedback,
The Defiance Team

Olaf
11-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Please add a sort option to put non favorites at the top.

Azareal Farseeker
11-09-2015, 05:50 PM
Keep things simple. Easiest system I ever saw was from another game using in-game money/credits to buy storage boxes. Each player has access to 1 storage box. Each storage box contains e.g. 30 slots. Players have the option to purchase additional boxes which appear as tabs within that 1 storage box. It was nice and simple and enabled the purchase of additional 'tabs' and for the separation of inventory items into weapons, mods, outfits, crafting material etc.

FIEND
11-09-2015, 05:52 PM
make an option to filter shields; shotguns; assault rifles; pulsers/tachmags/smg; detonators; etc. So for instance you click on a shield icon and it shows you all your shields in the inventory.
Add an option to search items by their names.

Infinity Eagle
11-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Just let us make folders in inventory, like you can in firefox. Then we can sort how we like :)

Dixie Cougar
11-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Going off what Fiend said, I would suggest being able to search items by synergy as well.

Also, when performing an operation (such as salvaging) the UI kicks you back to the top of the list--getting rid of that would help.

A tab or filter for "recent items" would be a huge help for quickly sorting new drops--the glowing yellow tab on the right is nice but still pretty slow when sifting through a large number of items.

Altras
11-09-2015, 06:40 PM
I would like to see mods in a seperate inventory, tab over from main inventory to see mods?

Claydough
11-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Cyber rig menu need to be looked at?

I offer no good solution, but ive got a good 7-8 rigs all with the same name, but each do a very different job and offen i find the wrong ones are equipped.

Petra Arbeiter
11-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Adding tabs for each type of mod/shield/grenade/consumable/gun type is a no-brainer. The default tab would still be an "all" view.

Also, what Dixie Cougar said: "Also, when performing an operation (such as salvaging) the UI kicks you back to the top of the list--getting rid of that would help."

A search would also be nice, but I doubt anyone would need it if we had tabs.

Chump Norris
11-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Being able to press up and go to the bottom of the list would be a great start.

Olaf
11-09-2015, 08:46 PM

That's a great suggestion.

Ookii
11-10-2015, 02:40 AM

^This!!!! Chump your a genius.

Mayday
11-10-2015, 03:08 AM
A place to actually store gear would be a nice solution. Perhaps something like Farseeker mentioned or, if it would be possible, have the storage space accessible through the radial menu like everything else. If storage isn't possible or too difficult then simply being able to separate weapons by basic type (lmg-sniper-rocket launcher-infector etc.) would make a world of difference.

Ookii
11-10-2015, 03:31 AM
Maybe adding a function like how favorite system works, but instead of being a favorite, the items are instead marked as "For Sale/Trade". Allow all those items to be put into the trade menu/viewed from the trade menu, when a certain button is pressed.

Also, Everquest has a player vendor area where you park your character. When you were in vendor mode people could view your items marked for sale, and buy the items at the price you listed them for. There was also a search function so that players could search all the players that were in vendor mode for the items they wanted, then go to the vendor/player and buy the item without the seller having to do anything.

Might not be possible, but this system worked pretty well in Everquest, and put an end/reduced the sale spam in zone chat.

NullWolf
11-10-2015, 03:37 AM
>A way to sort weapons by type and/or synergy would be good.
>tabs options to keep all the different weapons types separated
>What Chump said
>possibly make inventory space buyable with script, like 1 space for X amount of scrip and have it cap out at something like 10 inventory space for scrip.
>a separate page for favorited items and nonfavored items
>a way to move items between a players characters EX: option to move an item to claims that stays there for 24 to 48 hours and you can only do it X amount of times per week.

clay marrow
11-10-2015, 03:42 AM
Item type tabs. Instead of a vertical scroll make it horizontal with individual item types the way the perk boxes are now. Shields, rigs,ARs,pistols etc...

stefb42
11-10-2015, 03:51 AM
Been said many times about adding tabs, but how about also being able to scroll from the top of inventory to the bottom where unfavourited stuff is simply by scrolling up, and bottom to top by scrolling down

crazyged
11-10-2015, 04:27 AM
A most-used/favorite weapons tab.

One where you can flag your most-used/favorite weapons for easy changes.

This would really help out in pvp and expos, where you can't fart about scrolling through reams of stuff trying to find what you need.

Sir Dan
11-10-2015, 04:34 AM
Tabs for each weapon type,
and a tab for loot that isn't favourite.

and a Toggle for comparisons.

sixsais
11-10-2015, 04:43 AM
make an option to filter shields; shotguns; assault rifles; pulsers/tachmags/smg; detonators; etc. So for instance you click on a shield icon and it shows you all your shields in the inventory.
I like this a lot, it would make inventory look less rudimentary and much more organized.

when performing an operation (such as salvaging) the UI kicks you back to the top of the list--getting rid of that would help.
Yes, please. This always bothers me.

How about implementing an option to send items to claims? It would make moving stuff between toons in the same account incredibly convenient, instead of having to rely on another player or having to multibox.

I think it would also be interesting to have an option to select multiple items at once, so we can pick specifically what we want to salvage, favorite... This could be implemented in trades. The actual system of having to open and close the window several times to add one item at a time - forcing us to go through our inventory all over again to locate and add the next item- can be time consuming, and confusing, when you have a big inventory (not sure whether this last part would be an inventory revamp or trading, though, but worth a shot).

Lithova
11-10-2015, 05:02 AM
How about a drop down menu with nested menu here's a rough sample of what I'm thinking about, basically you open your Inventory like you always do, and rather than seeing everything in your inventory list you're presented with a drop down menu option like this

sample 1 - http://i.imgur.com/1DKbrTl.jpg

and when you select a category i.e; shields. You're presented with a nest table list of your shield items.

sample 2 - http://i.imgur.com/62RNlDP.jpg

From there you can select the item you wish to inspect, breakdown etc...(sample 3 coming soon, along with a few more samples) sorry for the rough samples, I was trying to get the idea put to graphic before I got distracted.

sample 3 - http://i.imgur.com/YeMjomx.jpg
sample 4 - http://i.imgur.com/u7psc8S.jpg

Wurm
11-10-2015, 05:25 AM
1) Tabs for different item types. At the very least 1 for weapons and shields / 1 for cyberrigs and chips / 1 for mods. + one "junk" tab for unstarred items, as soon as you favorite (star) an item in "junk", it moves to the other tab for its item type.

2) The ability to make notations on the names of cyberrigs. Having the same name for rigs with different chips and passives makes it really hard to find the right one to equip if you have more than one of each type.

3a) The ability to filter by item type and / or color would be really nice. for example "epic" to show all purples.

3b) The ability to filter "show recent drops" to make looking at gear you just found / won easier.

4) Shared bank or ability to send to claims (max upload limit of 10 items) to make swapping gear between alts easier.

Dmack
11-10-2015, 05:59 AM
There should be tabs for all the weapon types to choose from which type of gun quicker and fav tabs also. And instead of having 10 slots in trade you should increase that number to like 20 or 25 to show more weapons in trade menu. Thank You

Graymane
11-10-2015, 08:13 AM
How about a simple tree Structure like the following example.
I already grabbed some of the great ideas posted before me and added them.

+ Weapons

+ Show Favorites
+ Show ALL
+ Assault Rifles

DC-11 Piper Radiation
Ghost Duster Mk II Fire

+ Bolt Action Sniper Rifles
+ Semi Auto Rifles
+ Detonators
+ Rocket Launchers
+ Shields
EXL Darkest Hour
Guardian Angel Resist: Radiation
+ Cyber Rigs
Lucent Guardian MK III [text field for player generated notes: EG "expo revive setup"]
Omni Instigator MK II [text field for player generated notes]
+ Weapon Mods

+Sort by Type
+ Assault Rifles

Power Bore IV Saturnalia
Power Bore III The Purge

+ Detonators

+Sort by Synergy

+ The Purge
+ Canonneer
+ Show ALL

+ NEW Items
Hallowed Berserker Shotgun [ ]{Mark as "Keep"} [ ]{Mark as "Junk"}
+ Junk
Hallowed Berserker Shotgun

In front of the item names I'd use icons showing wether its encrypted, stored as favorite, mod status etc.
A menu like this would be easily accessible with both controller and mouse/keyboard

Newly gained items would show up under "New Items" until the player checks either "Keep" where it gets moved into the proper category or "Junk" where it ends up in the Junk Folder.
(Adding an option "sell all junk" to vendors as well as "salvage all junk" in the inventory would work greatly with that one)
To get an item into the Junk Folder I'd add a new option "move to junk" to the context menu of the item.

The nano display in the weapon section may not be needed much for Jackpots, but for regular drops it may help a lot.
The "Show Favorites" option on the very top of the "Weapon" section would allow players to switch weapons with a few keypresses only.

It would also be good (not only for this type of inventory management) if players had the option to move an item up/down in the display list as opposed to automatic alphabetical listing.

The text fields attached to cyber rigs are indeed a very useful feature, occasionally it could be useful for other items as well to keep notes (e.g. "This weapon is just a loan and property of Wade Wilson")

Cheers

*edited to add a few more thoughts*

Hexthat
11-10-2015, 08:23 AM
i like the idea of tabs, but would like more

I'd like to be able to create new tabs and put whatever I want in that category. Like have a tab for stuff I may want to sell, and a tab for stuff I'll never use but will also never sell.

MrTeee
11-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Mail system, Auction House, Bank Storage (shared with alts), Clan Banks.

:)

Jack Robo
11-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Add tabs for guns nades ect and have a character invent box so we can get stiff n and give stuff to our other characters easyer

ChubiChuba
11-10-2015, 09:58 AM
id like my inventory to be like :
-weapons
+assault rifles
+pistols
+boomers
+shotguns
+....
-shields
-grenades
-spikes
-stims
and the most important thing is a place where i can find my new stuff, maybe a new tab for it would be awesome
and also im thinking of three tabs
1)favorites + mastered
2)non favorite (normal)
3)for the third thatll include new stuff that you just looted or received, id like a new tab for it, or you could mix it with the second tab (non favorite) but the weapons/stuff would have that shiny golden thingy over them so that i can easily reach them.

also id like an option to filter weapons by "rarity" and "ego" lvl
and if possible a filter to know "the most used" and "the less used" sometimes i want to get rid of some stuff, but i keep struggling to do it. :D

hope that helped

rev
11-10-2015, 10:27 AM
For Starters...

Sorting Options are basically non existent
Favorites
Categories
Multi-Select for Sale and Salvage (etc)

Auto Selling Options for items? Like I'd love to auto sell guns that are white and green as I never even look at them and almost always if they're blue too....

Fallen_Aingeal
11-10-2015, 10:40 AM
I've mentioned the tab idea countless times over the last 2 1/2 years.

Tabs.

Weapons
Weapon type {i.e. Pistol, BMG, etc}

Shields
Shield type {i.e. Rhino, Respark, etc}

Nades

Synergy

Rarity

Rigs
Rig type

*Edited*

Tabs

Paradise Lost
11-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Make a Locker Room System at Headlands where players can store stuff in saftey deposit boxes or make rooms / safe houses where u can go store stuff and have a shop in ur room

pew pew pew
11-10-2015, 12:41 PM
I don't think the inventory is bad at all but I do have a couple suggestions, may some have been already suggested.

1. Tree Menu
It would be nice if the inventory menu is build up like a tree menu where you are able to expand / collapse sections. In addition the game should remember which sections are expanded / collapsed.

Shields
Weapons

Assault Rifle
BMG
Detonator
Infector
LMG
Melee
Pistol
Rocket Launcher (including Guided Rocket Launcher)
Shotgun (including Combat Shotgun, Pump Shotgun, Sawed-Off)
SMG
Sniper (including Bolt Action, Semi-Auto)

Mods (probably the same sections like for weapons, however I would add a sort order for synergy)
Grenades
Consumables (Spikes & Stims)
Cyber Rigs
Cyber Chips

2. Sort Order
Possible sort order inside the sections

Shields / Weapons basically all but Mods

Name - alphabetical A -> Z
Synergy - alphabetical A -> Z
Quality - Jackpot, Supreme, Legendary, Epic and so on

Mods

Slot - Stock, Barrel, Magazine, Sight
Quality - Legendary, Epic, Rare and so on

3. Filter Option
Give us the ability to search for an item by typing into a text field. This includes the ability to search for a synergy not just the name of an item.

4. Mod Vendor
While you've only asked for inventory improvements I do suggest this quality of life improvement. Please sort mods at the Mod Vendor by synergy. Often I'm clicking on every mod to find the correct synergy because the sort seems to be random every time.

5. Claimables
I do think it would be really awesome if we would have the ability to put something from our inventory into the claimables for a limited time (for example 60 minutes) to be able to move items between our toons. It would be even nice if this feature would be limited to 5 items. Similar to the account-wide "itembox" of Borderlands 2.

That is it for now, there are still some ideas in mah head :)

MissMeanMachine
11-10-2015, 01:30 PM
On top of the inventory option. Trading should be altered. Making the option to select more than one item at once, or make it so that NON- tradeable/ equiped items do not appear, as well as favorited items... so that we don't have to scroll through 150+ inventory slots to find the one item at the bottom... implementing the suggested sort functions can be another solution.

MissMeanMachine
11-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Make a Locker Room System at Headlands where players can store stuff in saftey deposit boxes or make rooms / safe houses where u can go store stuff and have a shop in ur room

I am not sure if you have played Final Fantasy XI, but creating and Defiance "Mog House" for every player is a little unnecessary. if you want to implement something actually useful from another game, i suggest a auction house or a bazaar. Access for this can be purchased in the store... so that people really invested in their gaming, will have the ability to sale and play at the same time. without taking time out to sale for hours on end... it will cut down on the zone chat traffic and better the Defiance gaming economy.

beson
11-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Customizable filters that can be saved.

Pro:
Less UI work compared to adding tabs or drop down lists. Just a list of saved filters on the side.
No need for dev to add preset filters and verify proper functionality.
Highly customizable. If a user wants to filter every type of weapon they can put in the time to save all the individual filters. If they decide they want some strange niche filter they have the freedom to make it happen.

Con:
Storage space, may want to store filters locally as opposed to on the Trion server if space is a concern.
User willingness/ability to create filters. Maybe supply a basic set of filters for users to start off with?
How would a user create a filter? Would UI work need to be done to provide a drop down list of properties, list for comparator, field for value? Limit to just string search/filter? Regex?

Kailess Kerensky
11-10-2015, 04:19 PM
As it is now we use the favorites button so stuff we want to keep doesn't appear in the sell tab at vendors. How about a favorite button and a no sell button. So we can use the favorite to actually mark our favorite gear. The Favorited would go to the top or it's own tab or whatever.

eaglepowers
11-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Being able to have items not favored on the top of our list would be great.
Not having the cursor go to the top every time you select something, especially in claims.
Being able to select more than 1 item at a time.
More filters for sorting like rarity, expiration date on claims, newest items added to inventory, Etc...
Tabs would be nice as long as the 1st is every item and the rest should be customizable.

W84IT
11-10-2015, 06:21 PM
1-Option/button to go to the last inventory item (or invert inventory)
2-Not going to the top every time you break/salvage something,just move to the next item,like suggested many many times b4 me.
its painful after expo to break those chips,1.......by 1 (if u have 150/200+ inv,or more in some cases).

Arondos
11-10-2015, 06:26 PM

Please oh god please YES

Arondos
11-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Non favorites at the top.
Sort/filter by item type.
Sort/filter by synergy.

Option whether to see only matching synergy mods on the salvage/attach mods screen screen

Kasden Paratus
11-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Hello. I have some ideas. As for a massive PS3 gamer, lover of your game and stuff, I have a good idea that could e able to have things fit in.

Gear: As for many people who play this game, gear is the reason why us ark hunters, become unstoppable forces, so, I have an idea to this. Personally, I think it would be amazing to see more weapons and nano abilities come to life, like a few new guns, a double bladed charge blade (in Castithan Charge Pack) and what not, and a nano like Cryo, or paralysis. I think it would be a great way to diversity your aresonal to the max.

Customization: Customization is a big deal, when you want to look more unique, more badass than what you already look like. Personally, I think it wouldn't hurt to have extra customization like a true MMO, like shoulder guards, chest, legs, etc. it will make us ark hunters look and feel good while playin this game.

Sorting: a whole new inventory sorting mechanic is something to value, even when you have a sack full of things to sell at a vendor. As you go into your inventory, you can see certain weapons in different spots, for instance, Snipers here, rockets there, etc. and an option where you can organize it by tier or ego rating, I think this would help instead of losing your hard earned weapon for good.

If you have any questions, my psn is SnipaKillaPro117. My email is HaloCrafter0117@gmail.com, thanks for listening, and happy hunting

Big daddy craz
11-10-2015, 07:03 PM
What would be great is to have a window to move stuff between your different toons while still on your current toon instead of making a trade to another player with your items while you have to log off and bring in the toon you what to have that item put on

Mrdr
11-10-2015, 07:06 PM
I'd like it if cyber rigs and chips didn't count towards inventory space...or at least make them separate spaces...in addition to the other fine suggestions so far...as for the tree concept, it shouldn't be hard as all the goals are set up like this. But, unlike goals, I'd like to be able to keep more than one directory open at a time.

Ivory
11-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Here's my two cents:

Multi-select items (salvage, sell, for a start).
Triangle to scroll to the half of your inventory, triangle twice to scroll to the end (translate this to XBOX and PC).
Fix what was said before please, the back-to-the-top action when doing a breakdown to resources. It's annoying.
Also, being able to send a maximum of ONE item per week to claims would be great, that way we can trade between our characters.

Thank you Ocho, you're doing a great job.

Ryu Soba JP
11-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Tabbing for item types. Like shotguns tab, Shields Tab. Ect.
Or just a way to filter which item type we want to view.

xXxDSMer
11-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Folders would definitely be nice, while retaining the current everything view perhaps as its own folder.

views for mods and weapons seperately, or have all loose mods in their own folder with subfolders for different weapon types and slots.

A search function would be very nice as well... search for mod name, weapon name, synergy... just have several search parameters available within a text input box.

Some kind of view to show only newly acquired items.

On the folders... I really think having all AR's in a folder, and etc etc etc... items only being one item in a list by category - would really cut down on problems caused by the current 200++ seperate items (things like game freezing while scrolling, or disconnecting before the scrolling even starts. it'd be much easier to load folders and only show individual items when a folder's open, than it is with how things currently work)

OH... and speaking of inventory, a way to move things between characters that does NOT involve finding someone else to help with moving those things... which at least involves consuming someone else's play time, and at worst results in items ran off with and a lengty ticket&recovery process. Just give us some way to move things between our own characters on a single account whether it's bump to claims with a 24-48h timer or some point ingame we can store things on an account wide basis for transfer to other characters on the same account.

I have MANY things that need moved around to get things how they should be, due to doing events on four characters... things like I get this mod here and that weapon there, when they both need to be on the same character. It's quite time consuming to involve someone else in that process... myself (and many others) would rather just be able to take care of that moving things between characters on our own with no external assistance, and without taking up someone else's playtime.

JamieAnn
11-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Fix the thing where whenever you break something down to salvage, it puts you back to the top of the list.
I would like to either be able to push up on the d-pad when I'm at the top of my list to start at the bottom, or view a separate tab for non-favorited items, same for my trade window!

Jolock
11-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Yea I have a few ideas..have a bottom of list icon to immediately go to bottom of list.. get really tired of trying to find something to sell and have to dial through almost 500 items to find it ..yea I know I could just favorite things I want to sell..but after accidently earily on wiping my entire inventory I now put everything I can in place so that never happens again
.including favoriting everything..Another suggestion would be to have a "Bank "where you would buy inventory slots "of course trion would make money "but would be accessible between all characters on that account..having to "Trade "to return with another player gets to be a real pain in the arse..

rolf otool
11-11-2015, 04:57 AM
putting the 15 slot bundles in the 64 key boxes would be nice.

Gaige12
11-11-2015, 07:15 AM
Increase cap to 1000 spaces. We need more room for stuffs. Make it so we can kick things back into claims so it can be transferred to another toon easily.

LOOKxATxTHISxI
11-11-2015, 12:41 PM
This sums it up nicely. Been asking for this since April 2013. Over 1,000 inv slots this would help out a ton. I would add a TRADE LIST OPTION. Things you designate up for trade to show on screen when you open a trace window instead of the search we do now

I don't think the inventory is bad at all but I do have a couple suggestions, may some have been already suggested.

1. Tree Menu
It would be nice if the inventory menu is build up like a tree menu where you are able to expand / collapse sections. In addition the game should remember which sections are expanded / collapsed.

Shields
Weapons

Assault Rifle
BMG
Detonator
Infector
LMG
Melee
Pistol
Rocket Launcher (including Guided Rocket Launcher)
Shotgun (including Combat Shotgun, Pump Shotgun, Sawed-Off)
SMG
Sniper (including Bolt Action, Semi-Auto)

Mods (probably the same sections like for weapons, however I would add a sort order for synergy)
Grenades
Consumables (Spikes & Stims)
Cyber Rigs
Cyber Chips

2. Sort Order
Possible sort order inside the sections

Shields / Weapons basically all but Mods

Quality - Jackpot, Supreme, Legendary, Epic and so on

Mods

Slot - Stock, Barrel, Magazine, Sight
Quality - Legendary, Epic, Rare and so on

3. Filter Option
Give us the ability to search for an item by typing into a text field. This includes the ability to search for a synergy not just the name of an item.

4. Mod Vendor
While you've only asked for inventory improvements I do suggest this quality of life improvement. Please sort mods at the Mod Vendor by synergy. Often I'm clicking on every mod to find the correct synergy because the sort seems to be random every time.

5. Claimables
I do think it would be really awesome if we would have the ability to put something from our inventory into the claimables for a limited time (for example 60 minutes) to be able to move items between our toons. It would be even nice if this feature would be limited to 5 items. Similar to the account-wide "itembox" of Borderlands 2.

That is it for now, there are still some ideas in mah head :)

piekster78
11-11-2015, 02:22 PM
It is insanely annoying to have to scroll all the way through my entire inventory to the bottom to sell the vast majority of drops I pick up. Currently the only alternative is to un-favorite everything and risk accidentally dumping my entire inventory through a fat finger.

Have two pages for inventory, perhaps similar to the weapons comparison, where you can use the D pad to move between one column of favorites and one of non-favorites.

Either that or placing non-favorite items at the top of the inventory instead of the bottom.

Cygnus
11-11-2015, 07:29 PM
I would second having the option to view unfavorited items by themselves with out utilizing a vender.

I would also like to have a single account inventory bank that all 6 characters may pull from. like claimable items but with out the auto salvage feature.

Allowing a bank for each account would save so much time.if you can find a player you trust,and they are willing,it still takes forever to move inventory from one character to the other, especially if you have a large inventory.this would be especially helpful after events and after bit box purchases.say you just pulled a gun you like,you dont want to fart around with inventory,you want to try it out.but you dont want to lose the other items you worked hard to get or just purchased.afterwards you just want one place to put everything till its convenient to sort and distribute to other characters on your account.

Atticus Batman
11-12-2015, 01:22 AM
I'd like it if cyber rigs and chips didn't count towards inventory space...or at least make them separate spaces...in addition to the other fine suggestions so far...as for the tree concept, it shouldn't be hard as all the goals are set up like this. But, unlike goals, I'd like to be able to keep more than one directory open at a time.

I think weapons, shields and Cyber rigs/cyber chips should have their own space.

grenades, stims and spikes should not take inventory space, as they are the Defiance equivalent of consumables.

Also we should have a junk tab and a vendor tab in our inventory. So we can scrap all marked junk at once after we have looked over it's section.

and a sell to vendor tab in our inventory. So we can mass-sell all marked sell to vendor gear at once, after we have looked over it's section.

Ookii
11-12-2015, 04:50 PM
wrong post, sorry.

Invective
11-13-2015, 02:26 AM
Option to sort items by class for mass breakdown, - like weapons, shields, mods.

divis
11-14-2015, 10:57 AM
you're talking about Guildwars aren't you?
best multiplayer game in history btw.

Thiv_
11-14-2015, 12:58 PM
Honestly, heres my decision on what should happen with the inventory.

Sorting stays.

You know those little tags at the top that you can click on to sort your guns? Well, they aren't permanent whe you exit and re enter your inventory. It would be nice to have it stay unless you change it.

Sorting tags.

Follows the example above, but has the following options.

Default : Type : Rarity : Price : etc.

Arrangements and enhancements.

Changing the way of how your inventory is set up would be a good, especially if you could change how your inventory looks via the options menu. This means putting the item info on the left, rearranging how things are placed, etc etc

Naming guns.

This one is extremely aesthetic, but how about custom naming guns and having the names shown even OUTSIDE your inventory? AND having to be able to sort by name (which may already exist). Lets say you have 2 ars, ones incendiary and the others electrical. Where it shows your ammo on the UI outside the inventory (where you actually shoot and stuff, lel), it would also show the custom name of the gun, if one is given, so then you can see what gun you need in a more orderly fashion. It would be unique to have this feature be into the game.

Please take these suggestions into acknowledgement.

-fellow Defiance player

Thiv_
11-14-2015, 01:01 PM
I think weapons, shields and Cyber rigs/cyber chips should have their own space.

grenades, stims and spikes should not take inventory space, as they are the Defiance equivalent of consumables.

Also we should have a junk tab and a vendor tab in our inventory. So we can scrap all marked junk at once after we have looked over it's section.

and a sell to vendor tab in our inventory. So we can mass-sell all marked sell to vendor gear at once, after we have looked over it's section.

And I agree with this guy too. This would be amazing.

Also, when scrapping guns and stuff inside your inventory , make it so it doesn't put us back to the top please.

Thiv_
11-14-2015, 01:11 PM
How about a drop down menu with nested menu here's a rough sample of what I'm thinking about, basically you open your Inventory like you always do, and rather than seeing everything in your inventory list you're presented with a drop down menu option like this

and when you select a category i.e; shields. You're presented with a nest table list of your shield items.

From there you can select the item you wish to inspect, breakdown etc...(sample 3 coming soon, along with a few more samples) sorry for the rough samples, I was trying to get the idea put to graphic before I got distracted.

YES THIS MAN YES

this is so perfect just yes

Kapo
11-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Can we retrieve a mod and put other mod without losing the weapon that would improve a bit inventory mods and also help take out wrong good mods put in wrong places with out losing mod or weapon , makes sense if u can put a mod in a weapon but at the same time keep the mod that was in that slot so u can use in other needed weapon . Inventory every time am deleting a item to salvage I delete one and goes all the way to the top of inv then I have to scroll down again and again very annoying. Also sometime by mistake it happens that one destroys a item for salvage matrix a loses the item some times one can delete a item to salvage by mistake would be great we can re buy item before losing it forever because a human error.

Norten
11-14-2015, 03:11 PM
I think that a really annoying thing is that when you break down some gear the game move the cursor to the first item of the inventory (ps3 platform), this is really bad because defiance inventory make us unable to go from the first item to the last by pressing up, so if you want to break down some items that are at the bottom of the inventory you have to scroll down for several times, please change it, also i think that the sorting at the start of the inventory could be upgraded also with a synergy sorting, to see better what gear goes togheter, thanks for the attention!

ikiloko
11-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Just let us make folders in inventory, like you can in firefox. Then we can sort how we like :)

i like that!

Shmee
11-14-2015, 04:37 PM
G'day all.

Some great ideas - I especially like the tabs and the sorting suggestions.

How about sorting by synergies as well? Not all weapons of a synergy have the same alphabetically groupable (is that a word?) names. This is where being able to create and name our own tabs would also be a boon.

How about an export feature? So many people use this forum for trades and so many people have massive inventories across many toons that they try and track in a spreadsheet or the like. It would be great if we could export our entire inventories with a couple of simple clicks. All of an item's details would be exported ideally.

malfieshaxxx
11-15-2015, 07:05 AM
id like to be able to type in trade screen that is all

Applebite
11-15-2015, 05:25 PM
Mail system, Auction House, Bank Storage (shared with alts), Clan Banks.

Yes, please! Would save on being a pack rat for your clan mates. there's always somebody looking for some kind of synergy or weapon that can't be found any longer.....

^This!!!! Chump your a genius.

Definitely needed.....not fun scrolling 500 items with that tiny scroll bar. And to add to this, an Auto up would be nice as well. Click the up arrow and get back to the top of the page.

And I fully endorse pew pew pew's Tree System. The biggest issue with storage, is how cluttered and tedious it is to use. Pew's Tree System is most idea.

Charapoo
11-16-2015, 04:03 AM
Also, when performing an operation (such as salvaging) the UI kicks you back to the top of the list--getting rid of that would help.

THIS! So frustrating, especially since it only does this from the inventory list, but you can salvage from the equip list without it happening.

Also, put equipped items on top so we can more quickly mod/upgrade.

How about listing all cyber chips on one page since the fastest way to salvage them now is to click each slot type on your rig (otherwise inventory list kicks you to the top each time as stated)

More mass breakdown filters would be nice, example: Breakdown guns Rare and below, mods uncommon and below etc.. Because rare mods are better to vendor for scrip and more worth saving in general.

Johnny Stranger
11-16-2015, 05:55 AM
all cyber rigs, chips, need their own inventory space , folder....should be given say about 10-15 inventory slots for this space/folder ... not sure why they take up regular inventory space as it is..
Thanks

Azareal Farseeker
11-17-2015, 03:01 AM
Just a follow-up on a previous post (apologies if this was already suggested. Just don't have the time right now to read through the whole thread). Wouldn't it be easier (layman here) in terms of coding to use what you currently have and then perhaps modifying it a bit in order to provide a viable new inventory system ? If so use the current vendor systems core codes :

1. You already have 3 tabs there - Buy, Sell, Buy Back. Just change the headings to simply read Tab 1, 2, 3, etc. If possible, give us the option to rename these tabs.

2. In the vendor system, you already have the "Specials", these show different guns/mods to different people. Can the codes for these be used/adapted to tie in with each individual character thus creating a database suited for each individual ?

3. Monetization : Let's be honest here folks, no matter how much we and the devs may want access to free stuff, the devs still need to make a living or there won't be a game at all. So, how about providing an option to purchase additional tabs and/or additional slots within each tab ? The coding for this should already exist for the current inventory system so perhaps it can be modified to suit this ?

I have glanced at a few of the suggestions and noted that quite a few stated a desire to be able to search by synergies, mods, weapon types, etc but won't this be actually more complicated for the devs to do for us based on the current system ? And if it's more complicated then won't there be more chances of errors, e.g. do you really want to run the risk of your fav weapon vanishing due to a code error ?

Leave the current inventory systems as it is to reduce the risk of any possible future errors, and then provide a separate 'banking' inventory system.

fearlesstony
11-17-2015, 03:12 AM
i believe a bank where you can buy extra space to store loot would be an awesome and much welcomed asset to the game
as well as a clan/guild/faction bank where each clan has to contribute to it to make it better and be able to hold more stuff.
all this is not free and it will make players happy while at the same time contribute funds to defiance for future upgrades.
your dedicated player Fearlesstony.

Bentu
11-18-2015, 01:26 PM
Personally I'm not too worried about tabs etc but if they let me scroll from the top to bottom of my inventory without critting all well and good.
The other thing I'd like to mention is can you create an option where un favourited items can be displayed at the top of the menu would be great saving time having to scroll all the way to the bottom and the inevitable crit that I often experience.

Modarz
11-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Can we have a way to put tradable items into claims for a max of 5-10 minutes so we can transfer items between our toons.
After 5-10 minutes your items are auto salvaged.
Simple clean and no abuse

Collected
11-19-2015, 08:53 AM
When you go to the inventory page it would be cool if there was a filter button. Click filter, then item (guns, shields, mods, rigs, chips, etc.) Then rarity. If you want to go a little further, when you click gun, be able to pick sub topics like ar, smg, lmg, etc. Really Any filter system should be a big improvement.

Fenikkusu Gatou
11-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Now that I've upgraded my inventory slots, it's slowly becoming a mess. I've read a lot of the other posts (not all, mind), and I feel like I need to cast my vote as well.

Press 'Up' for end of list / 'Down' for top of list. <--- if nothing else, this please.

Send to Claims. <--- if nothing else, also this.

New Items at top of list (above Favorites). <--- if you want to make this a toggle (in the display settings) fine. But this would be so nice.

Sort by. <--- Don't know where these controls would be, or how they would be implemented, but having a very simple set of sorting options (Type, Dmg, Rarity, Synergy) would be all kinds of awesome.

Tabs. <--- I don't know if anyone has noticed, but in the PS3 Salvage Matrix, there's already spots for tabs. I only noticed them because I accidently highlighted one while doing some modding and couldn't get my selection back to the main menu. I found this on google. It has the salvage time in one of the 'tabs' but that always displays on the top for me. Repurpose those suckers. (And maybe let us choose what we want to display there, like the second chat window tab).
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/SM_7-560x416.png

Trading. <--- this really needs a rework. When trade window is open, there should be radio buttons or check boxes or a button combo (like hold [insert button here] + 'x') to select multiple items. Or, as someone suggested, a way to flag them in inventory so they automatically populate in the trade window (and we can deselect as necessary) or simply appear at the top of the list when inventory opens in trade.

-Also, I would like to be able to use Trade Chat during a trade, since it's never used otherwise. Perhaps putting both parties in it automatically like during Arkbreaks where everyone is on Team chat. Some way to communicate, beyond being in group and on mic would be lovely. -Thanks!

ADDENDUM: Actually, maybe just make 2 tabs. Trade & Claims. Everything in the 'Trade' tab will appear at the top of the list during a Trade transaction, and everything in the 'Claims' tab will be sent to claims once the character has left the menu. I think advanced sorting will take care of the rest--unless you let us use the other tabs to hold what we want (and give us naming options).

Logain
11-23-2015, 07:34 AM

^This! Please. Slow Claps deserved.

Lithova
11-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Thanks guys, I just wanted to submit my suggestion since I'm terrible with getting my point(s) across in text and people are much more receptive to visuals I figured I'd show my suggestion in that format. I recently added a few more tweaks to the original concept but didn't submit them as I see they've already got many good suggestions which kinda nulled my tweaks..lol.

I watched the Friday stream just last night and saw they mentioned the topic of this thread in their live stream discussion with various plans, ideas they're looking into. Happy to hear they liked the screenies too =)

Hope to see the UI improvements in the coming months.

Atticus Batman
11-24-2015, 08:34 AM
Now that I've upgraded my inventory slots, it's slowly becoming a mess. I've read a lot of the other posts (not all, mind), and I feel like I need to cast my vote as well.

Press 'Up' for end of list / 'Down' for top of list. <--- if nothing else, this please.

Send to Claims. <--- if nothing else, also this.

New Items at top of list (above Favorites). <--- if you want to make this a toggle (in the display settings) fine. But this would be so nice.

Sort by. <--- Don't know where these controls would be, or how they would be implemented, but having a very simple set of sorting options (Type, Dmg, Rarity, Synergy) would be all kinds of awesome.

Tabs. <--- I don't know if anyone has noticed, but in the PS3 Salvage Matrix, there's already spots for tabs. I only noticed them because I accidently highlighted one while doing some modding and couldn't get my selection back to the main menu. I found this on google. It has the salvage time in one of the 'tabs' but that always displays on the top for me. Repurpose those suckers. (And maybe let us choose what we want to display there, like the second chat window tab).
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/SM_7-560x416.png

Trading. <--- this really needs a rework. When trade window is open, there should be radio buttons or check boxes or a button combo (like hold [insert button here] + 'x') to select multiple items. Or, as someone suggested, a way to flag them in inventory so they automatically populate in the trade window (and we can deselect as necessary) or simply appear at the top of the list when inventory opens in trade.

-Also, I would like to be able to use Trade Chat during a trade, since it's never used otherwise. Perhaps putting both parties in it automatically like during Arkbreaks where everyone is on Team chat. Some way to communicate, beyond being in group and on mic would be lovely. -Thanks!

ADDENDUM: Actually, maybe just make 2 tabs. Trade & Claims. Everything in the 'Trade' tab will appear at the top of the list during a Trade transaction, and everything in the 'Claims' tab will be sent to claims once the character has left the menu. I think advanced sorting will take care of the rest--unless you let us use the other tabs to hold what we want (and give us naming options).

Those tabs are there so you can modify several things at one time. As you can kind of see from your pic, different salvage matrix options took several minutes. As I recall it took between 2 minutes and 20 minutes depending on the action. Resetting weapon mastery for example took 20 minutes. If I recall correctly adding mod slots took 10 minutes.

They eventually changed the time so everything happens very quickly. So it made those multiple matrix slots obsolete because by the time you start to alter a second item, the first is already finished.

Kuroro
11-24-2015, 10:42 AM
1-a box to storage stuffs like a lot of shotters have
2-a shared storage box for clan like a lot of rpgs have

ps:dont make us pay for that ...

AtiradorBobby
11-26-2015, 06:30 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but please don't make the screen scroll all the way back to the top after breaking an item.

Sea_Jay
11-26-2015, 07:03 AM
IDEA:
Scopes / Stocks / Magazines / Barrels - color coded words, all 'Scopes' in LIGHT BLUE lettering (bright cyan), all Stocks yellow, all Magazines Green, all Barrels Red lettering - so we can look at the list and have an easier time of finding items we want to use...

Do that, and buy DEFIANCE the TV Show off those losers at SyFy and produce the TV show AND the game !
TRIONs first TV show ! :-) Hey, it worked for Star Trek ... make a DEFIANCE movie too - "The Pale Wars" - the story often talked ABOUT, but we never really see the beginning of Arkfall or the actual EVENT of DEFIANCE that saved the city... That would make a good movie.

ReAPEr1989
11-26-2015, 12:38 PM
1. a storage for the clan (put there what we dont need but others may use)
2. filter for inventory
3. the thing when salvaging items sends to top must be fixed (this is not that hard)

Thank you for considering

Claydough
12-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Im sure it probly too late to add this, but please concider people with huge inventorys spread over multiple characters.

Like large as in 3000+ spaces that need sorting.

Octo
12-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Well, there are some pretty nice ideas already.
Don't forget the outfits/headgear/titles/cars inventory, they also need a favorite system.

skoobusmaximus
12-01-2015, 05:16 PM
I didnt read through all the post but if you could go an pull a mod off a gun an not have to destroy a gun to do so or overwrite a good mod like say a st br has an assault scope an u want to put t4 stab you should be able to take off assault an still have it. Especially due to the prices of mods in game ive over written many a good mod or had to destroy good guns because i didnt want to pay 3 mil for a t4 mod

MataC
12-02-2015, 07:45 AM
I didn't notice anyone mentioning it, filter by rarity would be awesome.

Nico
12-08-2015, 06:55 AM
SOme sort of bank space. Both personal and Clan.

Bill
12-15-2015, 12:07 AM
1) Ability to determine synergy of mod on weapon can't be done unless user tracks it -- you have the computer already, why make us use another to track this? Needs to be in salvage matrix, too, in the retrieve mods preview window.
2) Ability to sort inventory per synergy. Also needs to be in salvage matrix.
3) In general, more useful sorting tabs on inventory screen - synergy, rarity, and full-mod down to no-mod, for example.
4) A mini-inventory screen per load-out, with maybe 10 or so slots on it, for easier swaps.

Kuroro
12-15-2015, 12:32 AM
More inventory space for free to play playersssssssssssss

PithHelmetIrath
12-15-2015, 10:24 AM
More inventory space for free to play playersssssssssssss

I can pretty much guarantee this will never happen.. not at the expense of the bit store.

ChaosOfDeath
12-16-2015, 12:40 PM
For the current inventory.Nice to sort non-favorits on top. Ore sorting on one of te 13 main types on and for weapons ,mods included.( pistol, combat schotgun,lmg,smg ... ) ore some kind of mapping system Where you can name your maps and choise bye settings what inventory slots you want to set on that map. And trading box whil be nice to,where you can sell stuff,set your prices,and no need to explain your selling on the chat first.

Berfest
12-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Basically this is what they all want: sorting, salvage not zooming to the top, a way to travers the inventory list without scrolling, sharing items between players on the same account, Clan sharing, a better means for selling items, and consumables not taking inventory space.

Here is the list of things I see from all prior posts:
Sort option
Page up/down goto top/bottom
Storage boxes/folders
Filter by item type/synergy
Separate Mods from Main inventory
Player Vendor area to sell wares
Make items for sale/trade and portable to chat
Gear storage/stash/locker/vault/chest
Transfer items between same account characters without using a mediator possibly using Claims

Most Used/Favorites flag
Menu system for items by groups
Add notes or naming to modified items, especially rigs
Mail system
Auction House
Clan bank/vault
Auto sell list
Apply search requests to vendors as well
Multiple item selection for trades
Hide items from trade options
Consumables don’t take inventory space

Kuroro
12-28-2015, 06:38 AM
hi,im kuroro and im an addict

it started long time ago,when respark regen v ark was a jackpot.i cant stop getting jackpots since then,but my inventory is 35/35,and my alt toon is almost full too.i cant use all my stuffs like that and i cant get bits because i cant pay psn cards.i need help,please developers gimme a hand with my problem,i need more space on inventory and ill progress.thanks

M4ntiCOr3
12-28-2015, 04:17 PM
better Options/Categorys to sort the Inventory
its a pain to scroll 200 Places, and the Weapon you want to pick up is gone...

not always the best option to mass recycling, so..

gulac
01-05-2016, 01:27 PM
If you could add a sortable column for the synergy, and where it shows what mod slots are used with four little filled or empty boxes. Could the filled be the colour of the tier of the mod already installed.

-edit- Also if a mod is applied that is not the synergy of the weapon the little box could be red or outlined in red to show which mod it is that is not synergy -edit-

Then you wouldn't need to scroll through the inventory using the arrow keys to find out what a weapons synergy is and what tier a particular mod slot is already filled with. This is an extremely tedious task when you get a drop of a mod.

Also being able to sell claimed items directly from the claimed item list rather than having to import them to inventory to sell them.

collumfive
01-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Hey folks,

Right now we’re looking for your ideas on how to improve the inventory in Defiance. If you have a great idea, or just an area of the inventory that causes you occasional frustration, please let us know!

Ideas: Ideally ideas are simple ways to improve the inventory that are easily describable in two to three sentences. Ex: Please make a way we can filter mods in our inventory.

Areas for Improvement: Again, well described in two to three sentences is an ideal request for an area of improvement. Ex: Finding specific types of guns can be difficult.

We’ll review this thread periodically, before compiling a list of player suggestions and desired areas of improvement. While we do not have a scheduled ETA for any changes coming to the Inventory system in Defiance, this is an area of the game we are actively seeking feedback from our players.

The Defiance Teamwhen in trade with another player could it be posible to put unfavoured items at the top of inventory .anything that i plan on trading could be pre arranged .at 6000 ego and not alone with 300 plus inventory slots it gets a bit silly. plus if ever i need to distroy an item in expo in order to pick up that t6 drop. i would rather not be in a position where i choose a favoured item. this i think is a quick and uncomplicated improvment .one where even the most unseasoned player will be able to understand . it would also lesson the sticky screen problems in certain areas of the game and reduce the risk of unfavouring a favoured item.

messenger54748
01-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Make our inventory into a book so that when you get a gun from the war master or a major or corpus starting soon as you go in a circle page that you can scroll up and scroll down push left them push right then make the mods go where they see fit of the gun itself it be a lot easier

Dat Windmill
01-06-2016, 12:56 PM
This probably already have been mentioned (didn't check them all) but a search bar would be amazing.

Cygnus
01-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Make one inventory for all characters on one account so all character can pull from like claimable items but without the auto salvage feature.ill pay for this.tired of sorting ten items at a time from toon to toon.too many wasted ours not actually playing

_Aopc_
01-15-2016, 03:33 AM
No idea if its been suggested but...
A search bar at the top of the inventory while trading or for general use to find mods/items quickly. Its not fun going through 200+ inventory space to find you don't have an item you thought you did

Mrdr
01-15-2016, 04:52 AM
2 months and 11 pages...no dev update.

RAGEFIGHTER
01-15-2016, 10:49 PM
realy culd finaly add stash vault or what ever to drop some usefull but currently not in use items i think everyone dreams about it since start of defiance also wuld be wery nice if stash wuld be united between characters drop with one character and pick up with other one things what freaks out in inventory as it is now in live mods and stufs like grenades chips cyber rigs realy culd be in different pages actualy culd make alot pages or subfolders may be predicted ones for example smg folder ar folder grenade folder smg mod folder ect ormay bee freee for player to mod content ect

Rattler20200
01-19-2016, 08:39 PM
Bank storage for some of us kleptos/hoarders when it comes to gear. :)

sjm72
01-26-2016, 12:05 PM
well to keep things simple and easy.I would suggest that each outpost have a locker.Example"(starwars) you still have inventory on person but for all the other things that you wanna keep but dont want to carry goes in a locker that you can go to at any time.

bradskey
01-26-2016, 12:58 PM
how about better sorting options for modz? just a suggestion :)

D4v1d
01-27-2016, 09:46 AM
I will suggest that in specific spots, let say vendors, users must have an option to store their not in use items. I saw this option very useful in games like Monster hunter and Skyrim. I know servers are not big enough to give an unlimited storage option but a limited one will be very helpful specially to players that just have 35 inventory spaces.

RJ the Great
01-29-2016, 03:21 PM
I suggest adding the paging feature just added to the clan list on the social tab to the inventory list, paging would be nice also a filter, for mods/weapons/rigs/shields/tier/custom filters or group names i.e. Jackpot group.

Ocho
01-29-2016, 03:48 PM
2 months and 11 pages...no dev update.

To Quote the OP:

Well review this thread periodically, before compiling a list of player suggestions and desired areas of improvement. While we do not have a scheduled ETA for any changes coming to the Inventory system in Defiance, this is an area of the game we are actively seeking feedback from our players.

This is a long term project, and is gated behind other work like the Winter's Bash Update. The thread is for ideas, so if you want to post ideas we appreciate it. But this isn't for regular updates or something that is going to happen soon. It's a long term resource we intend to return to at appropriate times and review for new ideas. Discussion of those ideas is better served in other threads.

Mrdr
01-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Thanks for getting back to us. It helps when you check in every once in a while.

Edit: We read much more than we post. I'll try to be more vocal. - Ocho

AusJeb
01-29-2016, 11:34 PM
- Bank/storage

- Sublists for weapons, shields, and mods

PithHelmetIrath
01-30-2016, 03:17 PM
Edit: We read much more than we post. I'll try to be more vocal. - Ocho

"Do... or do not. There is no try."

- Yoda

Lithova
01-30-2016, 10:08 PM
To Quote the OP:

This is a long term project, and is gated behind other work like the Winter's Bash Update. The thread is for ideas, so if you want to post ideas we appreciate it. But this isn't for regular updates or something that is going to happen soon. It's a long term resource we intend to return to at appropriate times and review for new ideas. Discussion of those ideas is better served in other threads.

Thanks for the post and clearing up the thread.

D4v1d
02-04-2016, 09:56 AM
I had played games like Monster Hunter and Skyrim where you can store weapons in boxes. It will be a great option if, at Defiance vendors, we can have the option to store a limited quantity of not in use weapons. I know that game servers are probably not big enough to handle this but then I suggest another thing...why not to upgrade?

xBerserkerx
02-08-2016, 08:55 AM

That would be very nice!!

Old Skool
02-08-2016, 01:24 PM
Simple Fix:

Two Tabs In The inventory:
Favorite Tab / Unfavorited Tab

Both tabs are sortable using the current sort options.

While I understand the programming is much more difficult than I ever realize, the simplicity of this type of change would be received with a roomful of ecstatic thankful cheers, especially mine.

unknown3
02-11-2016, 04:04 PM
hey i had this idea in which u can make tabs of all types of guns so when ppl are trading u can simply go into the trade window , then say someone wants to buy a rocket launcher, you can have a rocket launcher gunsymbol on a tab so u can easliy use that instead of taking ur time looking for it in your inventory. It will cut the time of trading plz consider this method.

SSPARTA007
02-11-2016, 04:34 PM
My gamertag is SSPARTA007 serv eur ego 6000, my problen is that the patch gives me error if you can help, and l tried everything

Tilarta
02-15-2016, 08:10 PM
DPS categorization would be a necessity, since I often run into the situation where I am trying to figure out whether a 420x8 is better then a 2100 weapon.
I would like the ability to sort items from highest to lowest in order of DPS.

Also, I would prefer that the weapons be inventoried by type in seperate tabs instead of having one bulk list.
It is getting frustrating scrolling up and down trying to find the same type of weapon seperated by 20 different items!
For example, one tab for Assault Rifles, one for Pistols, another for Sniper Rifles and so on.

As regards drop rate, I prefer Assault Rifles, but the game keeps giving me grenade and rocket launchers, which I rarely use!
I've rarely gotten Assault Rifles as a drop and when I do, they are always inferior in terms of DPS to what I already have with me.

Another important issue is the lack of an item bank.
Some other players were kind enough to donate some high level EGO items for later use.
But as I cannot use these right now, I would prefer to have an item bank to store them in so I am not carrying around weapons I can't use at this time.
There are also some other weapons I don't use on a regular basis, only when working on specific Pursuits, so I'd like to store those as well.

And if you introduce an item bank, please allow us to purchase additional storage slots via the Bitstore, in case extra storage is required.

hicks 00
02-18-2016, 12:20 PM
Hello, #1Idea, There should be a new folder/ tab at top where all "un-favored" items will be. This will save a lot of time scrolling to bottom of inventory to find them.
#2 Idea, Separate weapons from mods in individual folders with tabs at top. there will be at least 3 folder tabs at top to select from.
#3 Area of improvement create a locker where players have assess to their other characters weapons / mods and these can be moved between characters without logging out or having a friend help move things for you.
Thank you

maverick07
02-21-2016, 03:01 AM
Lot of good ideas in here already. Someone a while back posted an interface concept on the forums that would be great...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151618-The-kind-of-Loadout-Interface-that-I-WANT-to-see-(pic-attached)&highlight=Inventory+concept

audousey
03-01-2016, 05:47 AM
If the default on the list of items was to sort the un-starred not favorited items to the top of the list it would make trading, breaking down mods and keeping new items easier. This way you could unstar an item you want to trade and it would be at the top. Or if you pick up a weapon to keep it would be at the top. You find it and use it or star it faster.

Props to the game.

Hey folks,

Right now were looking for your ideas on how to improve the inventory in Defiance. If you have a great idea, or just an area of the inventory that causes you occasional frustration, please let us know!

The Defiance Team

SlowEatin
03-01-2016, 01:00 PM
As it is, i, seems like a good idea. but because so many more items are being introduced along with mods and synergies, a combination of what the gen pop is looking for maybe the right answer. I see many players with more than 200 inv slots and to scroll to the bottom every time you want to breakdown one item is a real pain. to have them separated by category is logical, but the mods are lost in the middle and a real pain to get to.

The fav STAR is good BUT with a 3 star system we can put our very very very fav weapon/mod/shield/cyber-rig/cyberchip way on top and the 2 star would be my very very fav but disposeable if I find something better. and a single star is my "well, it' may be ok if i can mod it out. and the non fav as ****can it.

Regardless how you do the inventory having just fav and not fav is not enough for ppl with more than 200 slots

Also just by color sort option would be helpful. Of course keep the sequence in the same order they are in now as we are use to it. IE shield then pistol then BMG ...etc

I personally use the SELL feature at the vendors each time i do a mission or instance to see what i may have picked up that i can use. If it's good then yay, but wish it had the star option to send it to fav.

moxthamyth
03-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Get rid of trade lock i just went hard grinding to get a empouse mk II so i could t5 mod and sell it only to find out it is trade locked and this made me highly upset what is the point of trade locking this gun as what was the point of trade locking items gotten from the weekly reward box during events please unlock these items

SlowEatin
03-08-2016, 05:46 AM
At the top of the list is 3 tab-like features. Type LvL and Name. Add to that. Mods (only mods show up). Color (sorts according to color). I'm sure your team of one programmer can make a subroutine within an hour for that. And if they got a few extra minutes, a few check boxes that will not list things like shields, supreme, OJ, and equipped. I'm sure the user won't mind if they have to uncheck something if they have to add mods to it or level it up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well done is better than well said"
- Benjamin Franklin

Aborted
03-08-2016, 08:01 AM
Increase inv space capacity u get more cash n we hav more inv space both happy...n thn grp the inv to mods section n weapons section n shield section according to colour or whatever u all can come up with...it is really hard to scroll all they way down just for 1 or 2 stuff....

redstone68
03-08-2016, 08:04 AM
Please make the keycodes top limit higher than 64 or have no cap also add a sort by rarity like common, uncommon, rare and legendary

SlowEatin
03-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Please make the keycodes top limit higher than 64 or have no cap also add a sort by rarity like common, uncommon, rare and legendary

it is higher....buy the "add 25 key codes" I have a cap of 80 right now from buying the bundles

Goth Angel
03-12-2016, 05:03 PM
How about when you break down items it doesn't put you all the way back to the top of the page so you don't have to scroll through the list over and over each time. If it works for the selecting weapons page then shouldn't it work for the modifying section too?

TwistedEvil
03-15-2016, 06:14 PM
Here's the best idea to help.....make this game for the PS4 and xjunk1.....I assume the same ol same ol crit crit crit disconnect is going on? Haven't rolled in awhile because the disconnects and crits are/were ridiculous. I know I know...'we're not going to make a next gen Defiance'.....I've heard it, but I listen as well as the devs do about giving us a stable game. C'mon man...this game could beat division ( it already beats that fps junk destiny) hands down if people could stay on rollin...and it was on PS4.

AceOfClubs
03-15-2016, 07:10 PM
Several suggestions
1) add a second star for keep and retain the favorites star. That way you can quickly find your main (favorite) weapons from all the other "keeper" weapons.

2) Be able to name rigs to find specific rig quickly. Need to be able to switch rigs quickly under combat conditions. This was semi-mentioned in an above suggestion and I second the request.

3) Tab breakdown of inventory types would be very helpful (Shields, weapons, mods, rigs, chips and "consumables" )

4) Search by synergy, Nano,

5) Easy way to pass items between characters on same account.

DerPrimerPanzer
03-17-2016, 03:31 PM
how about an inventory that can solve 1st grade mathematics...

EX:

Billy has a full inventory and wants to trade with sally, who has many free inventory spots available...

Sally puts up a vbi smg in the trade screen...

Billy puts up a frc quick repeater and a vot fragger...

Billy and Sally hit the accept trade button...

Billys screen says: inventory full... trade canceled.

OOOO noooooooeeessss! says Billy....

xXxDSMer
03-18-2016, 03:24 AM
Some way... any way... to be able to move things between characters on a single account, without having to involve someone else in that process.

If you do some kind of tabbed inventory, make an account wide accessible tab that we could put things into and pick up on a different character on that same account.

could also be a vendor or npc that we have to go to, like a small bank, which is also account wide.

Could be an extra tab in existing vendors.

Could be bump into claims with a 24-48hr timer instead of a 7 day timer and a limit of 10 items - which could be claimed on any other toon, same account.

It doesn't really matter exactly how it's done, as long as we can move things between our characters on an account, without having to ask someone else to help move those things.

Also: include all untradeable items in the things that can be moved to another character on the same account, via whatever added thing.
We sat grinding expos on our main before we added more character slots, or finally decided to level up that alt... we did the time in expos to get the extra rigs&chips our mains have. The alts should be able to benefit from that time that we ourselves spent in expo on that same account.
Same for these lovely trade locked jackpots - they're OUR jackpots, any character on the account that we'd like to have that weapon on - should be able to have that weapon.
Moving untradeables through an account wide transfer area... the untradeable items would still not be tradeable to any other account. Essentially making untradeables be "account bound" - but still not tradeable to anyone else.

Give us some way to move items (tradeable and untradeable) to another character on the same account. Please. It would be MUCH appreciated, by many - if not all - of us.

ReFleX
03-18-2016, 06:29 PM
Well said, agree 100% couldn't have said it better.

CJ BLAZ3
03-19-2016, 03:32 AM
how about an inventory that can solve 1st grade mathematics...

EX:

Billy has a full inventory and wants to trade with sally, who has many free inventory spots available...

Sally puts up a vbi smg in the trade screen...

Billy puts up a frc quick repeater and a vot fragger...

Billy and Sally hit the accept trade button...

Billys screen says: inventory full... trade canceled.

OOOO noooooooeeessss! says Billy....

Lite bulb ......Pure genius!!!

Wulf 359
03-29-2016, 02:43 PM
When doing a compare weapons deal, let the player select if they only want to compare within that same family (like only check LMGs against LMGs) or compare it to every weapon type, etc.

Aoran
03-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Add an option to select weapons and mods to savage, actually u only can savage a single weapon or all.

skoobusmaximus
03-29-2016, 06:14 PM
I didnt read all post but being able to take mods off of guns without destroying a gun would be great. Also agree with people about being able to transfer guns without a 2nd party i dont always have super trustworthy pwople on and have to wait to transfer scrip an guns to other toons.

canibaal
04-10-2016, 12:07 PM
put a drop down option to filter display based on synergy

NigerianFriedChicken
04-30-2016, 10:10 PM
How about being able to chat during a trade? Or if you can do that I sure haven't found out how

Cobra Crusher
05-03-2016, 11:43 AM
Would be nice to have a way to keep complete sets of 4 mods of the same syn together. And the set should only count toward 1 inventory slot. Also would be nice to be able to move items between toons.

Arondos
05-12-2016, 09:42 AM
My wish list?

1. non favorites at top

2. do not jump around if i salvage/sell something

3. Any sort of a filter by weapon type/mod type/color/tier ANYTHING would beat the current sort through a long list with no help other than grab a weapon of the type you want to mod. I don't care if it is containers, folders, or a simple filter. Currently it's like having hundreds of car parts for various cars all thrown in one box and trying to find the one you need is a nightmare.

4. A do not mod/sell/salvage toggle so once i get something just the way I want it I can't accidentally screw it up.

5. Move the window when you get daily/weekly rewards so I can see my ark forge without having to time looking between booms and the popup window.

ITPalg
05-20-2016, 12:46 AM
Not all synergy types have the name in the name of the weapon, while some do, making it hard to find every single synergy type you have.

Plate Slicer is just one example where it MAY say it in the name, but sometimes (maybe with "named" weapons), they don't.

I also want to see sort by synergy type itself.

HJJ
06-08-2016, 10:42 AM
When I click a weapon on inventory screen, I want to see also what compatible mods are available for that weapon.
So you can guickly check wepon mod status, without going to attach mods screen.

ScottTravis88
06-14-2016, 11:59 AM
have a option to sort out comsunables from weapons, and have a damage efffect filter or ego level filter to sort through to the desired item that your looking for.

make a option to upgrade or improve our cyber rigs, like a permant chip that cant be pulled and boosts active perks.

zombigrlhunter
06-15-2016, 11:27 AM
I would love the ability to purchase 1 additional slot of a pre set amount of spaces, without having to spend real money. Just as a one time thing.

scarlitsuccubus
06-15-2016, 09:43 PM
How about a way you can go to the bottom of your list quickly. I haven't found a way to get to mine without scrolling down and needing to start from the top cause I hit down one too many times. Or maybe you could make it loop so instead of getting the bottom items by going down....you could hit up to get to the "bottom" of the list

carli max
06-23-2016, 07:24 PM
it would be great if ya could double star 'most used weopens' so they appear at the top of inventory to make easier to find

Kuroro
06-23-2016, 08:02 PM
a filter for favourites/not favourites items

TheRealDeal
07-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Two words can sum it all up

a bank

and not another option for patron pass people either you greedy ^%$^$&%

kingjoker
07-02-2016, 11:49 AM
I personally along with many think a better inventorys that has better access you right now already have the programming for you just haven't implemented it into player configuration look at the exchange layout that's out for browing your inventory fast all guns weaponry type are sorted in category LNG smg ar ect I find using the exchange rather easy as a weaponry navigation

Draigon
07-04-2016, 03:54 AM
Two words can sum it all up

a bank

and not another option for patron pass people either you greedy ^%$^$&%

^this... Also, it's already been said most likely, but tabs with customizable filters. Also, the ability to sort vehicles, discard unwanted ones, etc

Shawn996
07-06-2016, 04:41 PM
HI TRION,
The main trouble I have with the inventory on my charater is critting out if I go to fast through it 420+ slots so I got to go slow through it everytime I get something new or want to favorite it. and if I go to far I flip to the top and have to start all over, it very time consuming it the inventory let you flip from top to bottom I could get right to it. And the critting has been really bad lately I bet 40 to 50 times just today.

Forever Fan Shawn,

Dopey359
07-07-2016, 12:19 PM
It could be made easier to find stuff if we could make something like a folder where we can select whats in it and pick a name. we could scroll through our inventory faster and make it easier and faster to swap our stuff out

Bloodbath82
07-07-2016, 10:44 PM
It would be brilliant if new items were on TOP not burried under prev owned or fav items

PithHelmetIrath
07-08-2016, 05:18 AM
It would be brilliant if new items were on TOP not buried under prev owned or fav items

This concept has been suggested more times than I can count. Someone over at Trion seems to think differently.

clubside
07-13-2016, 05:54 PM
Don't know if this thread is still monitored or if I posted this here before but a details screen would be ideal. What is a details screen? One that shows ALL the stats (like number of links on BMGs or Crit Mult on weapons where it's not displayed). As Defiance has never had dialog screens I guess the issue is where would this go? The simplest place would be on the view item screen which has a ton of wasted space for most non-LMG weapons.

Ideally a dialog system could be added to the game and hopefully not one prone to system lockups like the right-trigger menu. Remove the right-trigger drop-down, make it a single "View Details" item, that brings up a dialog with all the right-trigger functionality, the full weapon stats and even the rotatable gun image. I'm guessing the whole dialog system is a no-go or this is how the Exchange would have been implemented because as it is it is impossible to use on console.

Luis 91
07-15-2016, 09:17 PM
What about of fix the inventory fails, the missing items and other things I don't want to lose my stuff maybe not the best but I earned it with days of work in this game, please fix it and don't abandon it same as the critical issues in the exchange Thanks.

DeathVeil89
07-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Is there a place where I can add ps4 controller issue? because right now the L2 button doesn't seem to function on my ps4 controller.

Luis 91
07-21-2016, 06:40 PM
Same for all usb controler.

butter
07-25-2016, 06:04 AM
Please for the love of black Jesus , can you add a Mailing system! So we can mail weapons between our other characters and not have to rely on someone to transfer my valuables. Cmon, this is defiance! And it's 2016.

Luis 91
07-27-2016, 02:58 PM
Hm that sound ver y dangerous with the msg hackers.

Heliopteryx
08-02-2016, 06:27 PM
There's a LOT of wasted space on the inventory screen to the left of the item name and to the right of the item detail. It would be great to have more categories listed, so we could sort by them with tabs at the top.

For example, being able to sort by synergy and nano effect would be nice. Mods don't say at a glance whether or not they have a synergy, or even what type of gun they are for.

TOLAK
08-09-2016, 10:29 PM
I mentioned two of these ideas while I was getting a ticket resolved.
1. Make the options for sorting our inventory similar to the Exchange. Being able to filter by synergy and mod type would really streamline inventory navigation. I recently liquidated all my t3 storage guns and t3 mods b/c I got tired of digging through 200 things to give 1 mod to a clan mate. Filtering by synergy and mod type would streamline the process from scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling (I could keep going...) to a few clicks of the the controller. There is already a sort by type option which works ok for the guns, but mods are a different story.

2. Allow players to mass sale for scrip by item rarity like we can to get salvage and shards. Either in the menu of a vendor or while standing next to a vendor and going into our inventory. Makes sense to me to involve the vendor. Getting salvage and shards feels like I was smashing old gear with a rock till they broke down into resources while on my adventures and at the vendor I'm trading in gear for money.

3. Rarity filter that only shows a particular tier. That'll help players find their new gear faster if they want to favorite it. Personally, I favorite everything t4 and up so i can sell everything below in one shot (unless i'm saving event mods for clan mates I suppose). Going into the weapon slots on my toon keeps me from having to sort through every single thing to get to guns not selected as a favorite, but there could be an easier way. Same deal with the mods....go to the modding tab, pick whatever gun for that mod to get to the mod quicker to favorite it. Making '2.' a game mechanic would allow me to actually make use of the 'favorites' feature.