PDA

View Full Version : Is anything new coming to defiance within the next 2 months?

Re3evolution
11-09-2015, 11:36 PM
Defiance is really bored right now, i only completed about 15% of the game in general. How i like to play is, get online and start playing arfkalls, seiges, swarms , and once i get to a certain ego level i play a side mission, or mission, then go back to playing the events. basically I'm saving the main and storyline missions until I'm ego 3500 and higher, its better to play that way.

But the thing is, playing this game for 2 years, the arkfalls are bored to death i played them already over and over again, so are the swarms, and seiges. Hulker hell was bored because its the same thing from last year with horrible drops, it was only good to play for the loot = sale = money. drag me to hell was a joke , fighting 15 hulkers or so isn't fun at all, sigh. Extra life event, lasted 2 days, i never seen any of them. did manage to buy 3 items from the vendor guy.

So my question, because I'm waiting for Christmas event to come back, because i love seeing the snow and i hope the devs don't get lazy and release the same snow event with nothing new. should i just uninstall the game until the snow event comes back? or is there something new and fresh coming before the Christmas event?

Fallen_Aingeal
11-09-2015, 11:53 PM
Winter Solstice will be the same as last year with a different synergy.

Hunter0
11-10-2015, 02:09 AM
Well, many people are waiting for Solstice strike's JPs. Because the JPs and drops of HH, EXL and the upcoming NFH are bad.

SS better have good stuff or otherwise, the number of players will drop significantly this time !

Re3evolution
11-10-2015, 02:33 AM
Winter Solstice will be the same as last year with a different synergy.

Would be nice if a dev could answer this question and shed some light on it. because if you're right, guess i will uninstall and keep it uninstall until next year or something. the snow event is fun, but they need to do something new also with it. Please a dev answer.

Mayday
11-10-2015, 03:20 AM
Would love to see Saturnalia synergy return, but sadly the current trend is clearly to have the same event with a different synergy. I'm hoping Trion will reconsider how jackpots are awarded as it would be nice to know that you at least have a shot at that rare weapon you want rather than praying to the gaming gods of RNG.

Johnny Gatt
11-10-2015, 05:53 AM
The only thing to expect in next 2 months is disappointment . Just like the last 3 events. Unless you are lucky to be in a certain clan on ps3 with hack programs and duped jackpots, you will see nothing exciting from RNG gods.

Etaew
11-10-2015, 06:41 AM
Expect to see a continued theme of seasonal events with new synergies, jackpots and potential for new outfits. Early next year will be a content release based on the Shrill storyline that is hinted at in the Shrill Emergence new minor arkfalls.

Gaige12
11-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Expect the drop's and spawn rates on any upcoming events to be mediocre at best. This has been the trend with this game for the last few events. RNG Kung Fu grip has been tightened and it's probably going to stay that way.

PithHelmetIrath
11-10-2015, 08:01 AM
RNG Kung Fu grip has been tightened and it's probably going to stay that way.

It passed the kung fu grip stage many moons ago, IMO.. it's more like a death grip these days.

And for those who think re-skinned content is new content.. I feel sorry for ya!

Fallen_Aingeal
11-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Would be nice if a dev could answer this question and shed some light on it. because if you're right, guess i will uninstall and keep it uninstall until next year or something. the snow event is fun, but they need to do something new also with it. Please a dev answer.

They already have.

Evidence is in the last and upcoming event.

Ray8888
11-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Well, many people are waiting for Solstice strike's JPs. Because the JPs and drops of HH, EXL and the upcoming NFH are bad.

SS better have good stuff or otherwise, the number of players will drop significantly this time !

I think the new NFH syn might be better than PS.

cmpowell
11-10-2015, 12:39 PM
I think the new NFH syn might be better than PS.

The syn maybe, but the jackpots themselves I find underwhelming

Re3evolution
11-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Nice to see that no devs has made any effort of replying back to this thread. sigh. At this rate, and with the population dropping, i don't see this game lasting too long. steam barely gets 700 players. right now its hardly over 400 lol. oh well, i have other games to play, peace.

r1p
11-10-2015, 02:37 PM
Nice to see that no devs has made any effort of replying back to this thread. sigh. At this rate, and with the population dropping, i don't see this game lasting too long. steam barely gets 700 players. right now its hardly over 400 lol. oh well, i have other games to play, peace.

Someone did read it though, so I just wanted to make a "de-hurtful retraction" and say that I have nothing but "joy-joy feelings" for the game.

Ivory
11-10-2015, 07:28 PM
I strongly believe that, with the comments make, no dev has any reason to reply to you. Peace.

Re3evolution
11-10-2015, 07:58 PM
I strongly believe that, with the comments make, no dev has any reason to reply to you. Peace.

From what i can see, other people here answered my questions quite clearly, about what is going on with the game and how nothing good is coming. Sorry if you failed to see that. And the devs should take the time to answer the players/community questions concerning the game. More communication from them, the better.

Ivory
11-11-2015, 07:57 AM
I can agree with you to a certain point, I agree with everyone else 100%.
What I disagree with is your way of "waiting" for devs to reply (you didn't even give them half a day and you expect to get an instant reply). You should be patient and also give them a good reason to do so, and not start dissing on everything in a childish manner (when the truth also is, to top it off, that you're actually pretty new to the game).

irisawifi
11-11-2015, 08:41 AM
THis was announced last month in News and Announcements

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/10/DefianceContinues.jpg

In fact, we are happy to announce that we are looking forward to the upcoming public testing of the Aquarium at Monterey, the next big instance coming to Defiance. There we'll flesh out the Shrill storyline and put the Dark Matter in a whole new light.

There are plenty of stories that need to be told in this world, and the team's extremely excited to continue telling them.

r1p
11-11-2015, 10:12 AM
THis was announced last month in News and Announcements

Isn't this going to just be another expedition?

Re3evolution
11-11-2015, 12:19 PM
What I disagree with is your way of "waiting" for devs to reply
And look they haven't replied yet, hmmm . Disagree all you want, you're clearly wrong and have no idea what you're talking about.

You should be patient and also give them a good to do so, and not start dissing on everything in a childish manner
Obviously you want me to start an argument with you, and i won't do that. Seems to me you're the one acting "childish" (whatever that means) by saying things like that.

When the truth also is, to top it off, that you're actually pretty new to the game).
Once again we have someone assuming things about someone. I've been playing Defiance for 3 years. I'm hardly new to the game and if you knew me in the game you will know this, but obviously you do not. Like most players, we don't post on the forums unless there's a reason to do so. I'm done talking to you, you're really annoying and obvious in denial about this game and how its turned out over the years. This game population keeps dropping, it dropped from 5000 players online everyday to what 400-800 players. There's a reason for that.

Isn't this going to just be another expedition?
From what i was told, its another co-op map, nothing special. I give this game about another year before it shuts down, most mmo games start off good and once the devs stop talking to the community, you find out two or more of them left the company and get replace, this isn't a good sign, the lack of content starts slowing down, but they're quick at releasing buy items or reskins of items instead of releasing real content which the community really wants, population starts to drop, its a pattern with mmo games. Its only a matter of time, so enjoy it while its here. lol. Taking a break from the game atm , i have other games to play. Laterz.

PithHelmetIrath
11-11-2015, 01:34 PM
I give this game about another year before it shuts down

My money's on the under..