PDA

View Full Version : loadout change key

burnem
02-15-2013, 06:45 PM
I realise its a bit late to implement this before launch maybe, but i would like to be able to change my loadout with a single keystroke...
eg i normaly have lmg main weapon,smg secondary during a hellbug arkfall, then a matriarch spawns and i want to switch to my bmg and rocket launcher as quickly as possible without going to a screen overlay. is this possible, or is there macros that will allow me to create that command ?

dreminon
02-15-2013, 06:48 PM
good idea. I was wondering the same thing.

Rikochet
02-15-2013, 07:01 PM
They said in one of their previous streams that you can have multiple loadouts with both weapons and powers that you can switch between, so dont worry :)

EDIT: Or was this post only about having a key for it?

dreminon
02-15-2013, 07:21 PM
basically a key to switch between your loadouts quickly.

Myll_Erik
02-15-2013, 07:51 PM
You'll have an option like that for our competitive multiplayer.

burnem
02-15-2013, 08:32 PM

but what about general pve and normal play ?
btw thanks for the speedy response

dstrollo360
02-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Loadouts? Now I'm really confused. How can their be loadouts in this game?

Midniteryu
02-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Loadouts? Now I'm really confused. How can their be loadouts in this game?

In the live stream, they show during PVP after the demonstrator dies and is on the respawn screen he can select from a few different loadouts before reentering the match ( most of which were greyed out).

dstrollo360
02-16-2013, 01:57 AM
In the live stream, they show during PVP after the demonstrator dies and is on the respawn screen he can select from a few different loadouts before reentering the match ( most of which were greyed out).

the second time I've heard about this live stream. Definitely going to watch all this tomorrow. And are loadouts in non PvP as well?

Rokkrwolf
02-16-2013, 02:12 AM

IMHO I think it should be the other way around, PVP you should only be allowed to change loadouts on death or during progress but changes next respawn, but on the fly doesn't sound like a good idea.

killerbee04x
02-16-2013, 03:12 AM
what is the point in switching weapons if you don't have skill in them or the abilities.. this game does have some sort of classes with abilities and skills you pick. If you we in my clan i would kick you out for being silly. just grab some ammo, keep shooting with a weapon you are good at with abilities suited for you and the two weapons.. throwing to much ex into many different guns is hurtful to you and your clan. if you want to be a rogue and so out shooting with everything you have that is your choice.. use the screen then...

dreminon
02-16-2013, 04:02 AM
well killerbee read some more info on the game you can play with all weapons. Some people like myself plan on spending an ungodly amount of time playing so yes I will be training more than 2 weapon just so I dont get bored. And if I have worked on more than one set of weapons I would like to be able to switch to a different set of them quickly. Responses like this is what makes my leery about joining a clan. Just kick someone out because you don't like the way they play the game.

burnem
02-16-2013, 04:44 AM
what is the point in switching weapons if you don't have skill in them or the abilities.. this game does have some sort of classes with abilities and skills you pick. If you we in my clan i would kick you out for being silly. just grab some ammo, keep shooting with a weapon you are good at with abilities suited for you and the two weapons.. throwing to much ex into many different guns is hurtful to you and your clan. if you want to be a rogue and so out shooting with everything you have that is your choice.. use the screen then...

what the other guy said and i am glad to say if i saw you in any offial position within a clan i would leave scorch marks on the carpet exiting same.....i and i am sure the majority of people out there dont play a game to be told how and micromanaged by anyone, that said i hope you get your clan of like minded people and enjoy the game your way as i intend to do, have a nice day :)

Aaricane
02-16-2013, 09:07 AM
what the other guy said and i am glad to say if i saw you in any offial position within a clan i would leave scorch marks on the carpet exiting same.....i and i am sure the majority of people out there dont play a game to be told how and micromanaged by anyone, that said i hope you get your clan of like minded people and enjoy the game your way as i intend to do, have a nice day :)*makes a toast in your name*

Dead_Phoenix
02-16-2013, 09:14 AM
i get itch feet when it comes to weapons, im a jack of all trades and like to spice things up by using different weapons at different times. its not about abilty to use them, lets face it you aim and pull the trigger. but about using the right weapons in the right situation. no point using a bolt action at point blank, or using an smg from a mile away. sometimes i like it up close and personal others i like sitting back and nailing the head shots.

besides its a shooter. its not EVE where it will litrally take months of training to obtain a ship and speclise to be remotly effective. i can pick up an lmg for the first time and be as leathel as some one whos used it for months. the difference is marginal at best

Waylander
04-02-2013, 07:28 PM
IMHO I think it should be the other way around, PVP you should only be allowed to change loadouts on death or during progress but changes next respawn, but on the fly doesn't sound like a good idea.

If you have a keyboard that accept macros you can create the follow to go up or down loadouts.

Someone may be able to improve timeing but this works.
Keypress 75ms
Wait 200ms

Change Down Loadout
L wait W wait W wait A wait L

Change up Loadout
L wait W wait W wait D wait L

Hope that help people.

Mewmew
04-03-2013, 05:57 AM

Funny that you say you'd kick them out for being silly - when in reality you are the one being silly.

Anybody who has played much knows that even if you are specialized in one or two weapons - there are many different types of that single weapon you have the most skill in. There are various types of bursts, full auto, single shots, different spreads, all different types of elemental effects.

Let's say you specialize in Combat Shotgun. Depending on your situation, you may want to use any number of different Combat Shotguns. What is the best Combat Shotgun in one situation is the worst in another. The same with Sniper Rifles, Rocket Launchers, really almost any weapon has a great many different types that are best in different situations. So it's not as if you find just a single weapon of the type you're specialized in, you really should be switching around a lot to be the most efficient. In the end you may have 6 different types of both of your weapons to switch between because of what the situation calls for.

So these people who want to be able to quickly change loadouts, the ones you'd kick out of your guild, they are being far more efficient than you are by you using a single loadout.

And yes, other people may want to switch between various weapons which also isn't as bad as you're making out. Some high explosives that you don't usually want to specialize in may be just what a situation briefly needs at times even without bonus skill in it. But I'm not even getting into that part - I just wanted to point out that even if you only specialized in a single weapon type that changing loadouts quickly is still the most efficient way to play because of all the varying types of that one weapon and how they are better in some situations and worse in others.

skullmount4
04-03-2013, 06:59 AM
but what about general pve and normal play ?
btw thanks for the speedy response

This. Those of us that don't do competitive don't care that its in there, we need it in regular gameplay.

Amnesia
04-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Yes, on PS3 if I want to switch between my main loadout and my rocket launcher one, I have to press Start-Triangle-Triangle-Circle. Much too long. And now that I've hit EGO 750, it takes even more button presses to go back (because I now have 4 loadouts).

I have a Bluetooth keyboard sitting right in front of me. How about hitting '3' to switch to the third loadout?

AlbionsBlade
04-10-2013, 03:40 AM
Have to agree, just started playing and did a search to find this thread as it is the only thing so far that's annoying me. Having to go into the menu to select a different load out is just too fiddly when you are in the middle of something.

Monkheal
04-10-2013, 04:03 AM
Id be happy if my loadouts would actually save the abilities instead of mimicing eachother every time now... lol