PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Freezing after character selection.

Bentu
11-10-2015, 03:48 PM
After patching and selecting character the ps3 freezes in the loading screen.

Anyone else having this issue after patching today?

Lunachik526
11-10-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm having the same problem on the Xbox 360

Fallen_Aingeal
11-10-2015, 03:52 PM
I haven't on system at studio. Thanks for heads-up though. I know system at home has taken much more beating over the last 2 1/2 years. ;)

Crack
11-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Same thing happened to me on the 360 but it started about an hour prior to the update. I finally gave up knowing the servers were coming down anyway. Works fine after patch though...

Bentu
11-10-2015, 05:39 PM
I'm still having this issue, is there a fix on the way?

Edit. Had enough for tonight, funnily enough I noticed that it freezes as soon as the shopping cart add pops up.

Kagranack
11-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Made a support ticket but i am also having this issue for only 1 of 4 characters on Xbox EU(my main) since todays' patch and freezing halfway through a Stolen Purpose expedition.

Johnny Gatt
11-10-2015, 11:57 PM
My ps3 has hard frozen doing and not doing so many things it is hard to tell. I have frozen 3 times today. But cannot remember if the freeze on log in was before or after update. I earlier I had a nice double freeze. A disconnect hard freeze followed by a log on hard freeze after resetting.

r1p
11-11-2015, 10:17 AM
I haven't seen it in a while, but there was a bug that would occur if I tried to move before the billboard came up after logging in that would hard lock my PS3. It wouldn't be the first time that a bug was re-introduced. There is another thread stating that the damage roll for the Havoc has gone missing again so it could be a bad code merge.

Fallen_Aingeal
11-11-2015, 10:25 AM
I didn't have any issues on home system. Must be a lucky one...

Bentu
11-11-2015, 10:51 AM
I still can't play on the ps3 :(, haven't patched on xbox yet.

Edit. Ok so xbox is freezing too so guess I'm off to play something else until it's fixed.

Bentu
11-11-2015, 05:52 PM
This issue still hasn't been resolved but seems to be on main characters on each platform and server.

Managed to get in and play on a low ego character on the NA server and pulled a nice little oj bolt action repeater from a Bath House incursion.

Bentu
11-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Well I still can't play on the 360 or the ps3, thought today's patch may of contained a fix to rectify the issue.
I obviously thought wrong.

Lunachik526
11-16-2015, 04:26 PM
same here! i just responded to a ticket and asked what the ETA on the fix would be. it sucks to be missing out on an event with my main character

Bentu
11-16-2015, 04:34 PM
I now have 6 characters across 2 consoles and 4 servers that I can't play on.
Yes I've got other characters I could try and play on but I even created a new character on the ps3 so that I could play on and that got bugged and froze the console after 2 days.

Expletive expletive expletive!

Destromathe
11-16-2015, 06:21 PM
Hey Bentu. I got your reports from our customer service department and looked into it personally. It looks like we have an issue with Irathient males and the armor that you were wearing. This is causing your characters with those specific traits to crash on load. We are working on fixing this asap, and figuring out exactly what changed.

In the meantime, we would recommend any players who are using Irathient males to NOT equip the Top-Notch Mechanic and Bug Oil Mechanic outfits, as it could put you in the same situation.

Unfortunately Bentu, until we can get a hotfix out for this, we will be unable to fix your character. But rest assured this is a top priority, and we are working on a fix right now. I will make sure to have customer service communicate with everyone who has an open petition regarding this. Thanks for your patience!

hmfic
11-16-2015, 06:35 PM
Hey Bentu. I got your reports from our customer service department and looked into it personally. It looks like we have an issue with Irathient males and the armor that you were wearing. This is causing your characters with those specific traits to crash on load. We are working on fixing this asap, and figuring out exactly what changed.

In the meantime, we would recommend any players who are using Irathient males to NOT equip the Top-Notch Mechanic and Bug Oil Mechanic outfits, as it could put you in the same situation.

Unfortunately Bentu, until we can get a hotfix out for this, we will be unable to fix your character. But rest assured this is a top priority, and we are working on a fix right now. I will make sure to have customer service communicate with everyone who has an open petition regarding this. Thanks for your patience!

wow...my main toon is irathient male with top notch mechanic outfit and it doesn't load either...guess that explains it.....

Bentu
11-16-2015, 06:37 PM

Thanks for getting back to me, I do appreciate your reply.
But the last character I specifically created so I was able to play on the ps3 na server doesn't have the Top notch mechanic or Bug oil Mechanic outfit.

Lunachik526
11-16-2015, 06:42 PM
and that's exactly what my main character is wearing. ugh. it's also an irathian male

Bentu
11-16-2015, 06:51 PM
I have pmd Destromathe and asked if they can manually change my characters outfits to something else.
You never know it might work until we get a fix.

Destromathe
11-16-2015, 06:54 PM
Looks like more outfits are affected than we originally thought. We have located the issue, and have a fix that we are testing internally now. No ETA yet on when we will get this out, but rest assured it will be asap. If you have this issue, please submit a ticket to customer service with the words "Outfit Crash" in the title. We will be sure to send out some compensation for this matter as soon as we are able to resolve it. Thanks again for everyone being patience.

Destromathe
11-16-2015, 07:05 PM
I have pmd Destromathe and asked if they can manually change my characters outfits to something else.
You never know it might work until we get a fix.

Hey Bentu,

While I can do that, it would require a very risky database manual edit that could break more things than we fix. Due to the fact that we have a fix for this now, and we are working on getting a hotfix out ASAP, I would like to avoid that option for now. I have put together a full list of all outfits affected, so please avoid these outfit AND headgear on your Irathient males!

Headlands Transit Mechanic
Top-Notch Mechanic
Bug Oil Mechanic
Redhawk Riveter
Delta Field Tech
Name Frontier EMT
Scrapworks Salvager
Field Engineer
Riveter

Bentu
11-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Hey Bentu,

While I can do that, it would require a very risky database manual edit that could break more things than we fix. Due to the fact that we have a fix for this now, and we are working on getting a hotfix out ASAP, I would like to avoid that option for now. I have put together a full list of all outfits affected, so please avoid these outfit AND headgear on your Irathient males!

Top-Notch Mechanic
Bug Oil Mechanic
Redhawk Riveter
Delta Field Tech
Name Frontier EMT
Scrapworks Salvager
Field Engineer
Riveter

I don't suppose this can be attributed to past console freezing and critting issues or even stability issues.
Seems very strange that just the outfit a character is wearing has the ability to hard freeze the console like this.

Any chance you can explain why it does it.

Edit. I wear the Renegade glasses on all my characters, I do hope they're not affected to as I don't think I'd be able to get by without looking through my rose tinted glasses.

Destromathe
11-16-2015, 07:22 PM
This is actually not console related, and can happen on the PC as well. It is with the way the outfits are rigged for the Irathient male, and does not have anything to do with stability issues. Once we fix it, everything will be good with all of the outfits and headgear listed!

Cygnus
11-17-2015, 12:17 PM
So if this is only related to outfit selections of irathian males why does it only affect peoples main characters?

beson
11-18-2015, 08:37 AM
When can we expect the hot fix to be applied?
I lost my last few days of patron pass to this bug and am currently missing the NFH events. I can still participate with a lower ego character but that means anything I get will need to be leveled up with ark forge if I want to use it, which is likely the case for all affected.

Cygnus
11-18-2015, 08:44 AM
Not fixed on xbox yet either.

Fasthideous
11-18-2015, 08:51 AM
Same problem with my character... bah I put in a ticket as well.

Bentu
11-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Hey Bentu,

Top-Notch Mechanic
Bug Oil Mechanic
Redhawk Riveter
Delta Field Tech
Name Frontier EMT
Scrapworks Salvager
Field Engineer
Riveter

On xbox does this hotfix have to be licenced by Microsoft or whatever, if so isn't it going to be about another 2 weeks before this is sorted out?

PithHelmetIrath
11-18-2015, 09:41 AM
When can we expect the hot fix to be applied?

"Soon."

/10characters

Bentu
11-18-2015, 09:46 AM
"Soon."

/10characters

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Smokey Black
11-18-2015, 11:15 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?227851-Cannot-login-with-my-main.-Constant-hardfreeze-everytime.-other-toons-load-in-fine.

seems your not alone.

Cyripax NeoPrime
11-18-2015, 11:30 AM
I wanna know what theyre compensating us. So whats going to happen with the event? I wont be able to do the holiday pursuit or get my weekly gifts now unless its fixed. Are they going to just auto complete it for me and grant me my outfit + gifts? Because this is pretty messed up if not. I really wanted to get those this time around. I had such server trouble during hulker hell, I ended up needing 1 more major under my belt to get the holiday pursuit outfit and spent 5 hours disconnecting from majors. during the last ten minutes in the last major I got dced & lost out over a single arkfall. It seems everytime I turn the game on nowadays its just frustration and dissapointment.

These events only come once a year now and those pursuits arent easy with all the disconnects and general server unstabillity. Plus on ps3 I literally hardfreeze @ least once every twenty minutes aside from this issue. It makes it hard to even get through major arkfalls to get these done. I just want to know if they will grant the effected ppl like myself the completion since this is pretty unfair.

Cyripax NeoPrime
11-18-2015, 11:35 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?227851-Cannot-login-with-my-main.-Constant-hardfreeze-everytime.-other-toons-load-in-fine.

seems your not alone.

Lol. I just posted. Support answered pretty quickly and sent me here.
Why the hell is this hardfreezing consoles? I can see if its a game issue... but I have to hard reset the console everytime. Ive sent a bug report to sony every hardfreeze since launch day. They must have gotten over 10,000 from me alone. This is the ONLY GAME to EVER do this to my ps3's. How has trion not fixed this yet? (The hardfreeze issue)

Cyripax NeoPrime
11-18-2015, 11:45 AM
Hey Bentu,

Top-Notch Mechanic
Bug Oil Mechanic
Redhawk Riveter
Delta Field Tech
Name Frontier EMT
Scrapworks Salvager
Field Engineer
Riveter

What about if you activate a character customization redo on the character so I can change race for the time bi3ng? Im really miffed about not bieng able to do the holiday pursuit and get my weekly gift now. Either that or grant us an auto complete for the pursuit and the gifts. Because im pretty sure its not going to release in the next 24-48 hours. I also wanted to buy the frontier pioneer pack. I hope its out before the events end so I can do that too.

Smokey Black
11-18-2015, 11:59 AM
As long as you can get back on before next Monday you will be able to do the weekly, took me an hour or two to knock it out.

PithHelmetIrath
11-18-2015, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath.

I wouldn't even waste my time trying to play this game on a PS3, but that's another story for another day..

Bentu
11-18-2015, 01:02 PM
~ Snip ~

When was the last time you played on this character before this morning patch?

Fasthideous
11-18-2015, 02:22 PM
I agree with beson 100% I have patron pass running and also missing out on the event, and yes, grant us customization redo, i would def like to be playing on my Main Toon, ohh I have a friend that is also having same problem, but he is playing a human character...

gt: alittlespent
ign: Fasthideous
Platform: XBOX360

Fasthideous
11-18-2015, 02:27 PM
I am repatching right now... will that even help??

Fasthideous
11-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Hope this will be fixed soon :/

Bentu
11-18-2015, 02:31 PM
I am repatching right now... will that even help??

No it won't make the slightest difference.

Had a pm from Ocho to say there may be a patch out later today or tomorrow.

Olaf
11-18-2015, 03:49 PM
No it won't make the slightest difference.

Had a pm from Ocho to say there may be a patch out later today or tomorrow.

Sucks, hope you guys get some decent compensation and not some crappy epic bit box. You should be guaranteed a random event jackpot.

Bentu
11-18-2015, 04:41 PM
Just to confirm Ocho's pm I've just had a pm from Destromathe to say a fix will be released with the restart.

Sucks, hope you guys get some decent compensation and not some crappy epic bit box. You should be guaranteed a random event jackpot.

Agreed guys with a running pp should get something, I'm just happy to get my main toonz back.
Hellova lot of time has gone into them.

Fasthideous
11-18-2015, 05:32 PM
Just to confirm Ocho's pm I've just had a pm from Destromathe to say a fix will be released with the restart.

Agreed guys with a running pp should get something, I'm just happy to get my main toonz back.
Hellova lot of time has gone into them.

yup me too

Ocho
11-18-2015, 05:37 PM
The fix will come during tonight's restart, which will make it take a bit longer than usual. Thanks for your patience with this.

Cyripax NeoPrime
11-19-2015, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't even waste my time trying to play this game on a PS3, but that's another story for another day..

I have toons on all 3 platforms. But most of my friends are on playstation so I started and have put in the most time on ps3 . . There have been great times over the past 3 years where ive barely dc'ed at all in long periods. And there have been bad times like now. Ive had my share of bugs on xbox as well though the framerate is generally smoother there. Of course PC is the way to go but I literally have NO friends who play on pc. I only log on to play on pc once in a blue moon. Most of my friends are budget players who like me appreciate the conveniences of consoles.

It is what it is and I troop through it. With all the money and time put into this game on ps3, & thier inabillity to cross plat accounts, im not gunna stop and start over now. Lol

Cyripax NeoPrime
11-19-2015, 09:49 AM
The fix will come during tonight's restart, which will make it take a bit longer than usual. Thanks for your patience with this.

Ok... so I logged in today and it patched and I was able to log in on my main again and do a few arkfalls. But now its freezing me everytime I travel to alcatraz.
I fast travel. Start to run up the stairs, and bam! Hardfreeze everytime again.

Bentu
11-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Ok... so I logged in today and it patched and I was able to log in on my main again and do a few arkfalls. But now its freezing me everytime I travel to alcatraz.
I fast travel. Start to run up the stairs, and bam! Hardfreeze everytime again.

Not for me, I've been stood at a vendor for the last half hour while I'm here.

Cyripax NeoPrime
11-19-2015, 09:53 AM
When was the last time you played on this character before this morning patch?

Probably about a week ago. Ive been pretty busy. But I logged on for the first day of the event and was able to play. I generally get on from 10pm to 5am eastern time. Then after the 5 am reset I got hit with the bug.

I changed my outfit during the time I was playing, and appearantly it was one of the affected ones. If I had known I would never have done it. But I was not aware of this issue.

PithHelmetIrath
11-19-2015, 09:59 AM
It is what it is and I troop through it. With all the money and time put into this game on ps3, & thier inabillity to cross plat accounts, im not gunna stop and start over now. Lol

You have the patience of a saint, ark hunter..

Cyripax NeoPrime
11-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Not for me, I've been stood at a vendor for the last half hour while I'm here.

Ive been trying to collect my daily gift for the past hour.... freeze everytime I start up the stairs. Lol

Cyripax NeoPrime
11-19-2015, 10:01 AM
You have the patience of a saint, ark hunter..

Eh, most of the time;) this game has been known to push my limits time and again. Haha

Lunachik526
02-07-2016, 10:57 PM
so when are we going to get something from the developers? or did we? lol it's been awhile

Bentu
02-07-2016, 11:31 PM
so when are we going to get something from the developers? or did we? lol it's been awhile

I received some compensation, try pming Destromathe.