PDA

View Full Version : Reputation/Mod Boxes has issues needs Repairs

hempman
11-12-2015, 07:00 AM
can you Please Fix the mod boxes,
im pretty sure its supposed to give me at LEAST 1 t4 mod per box,
5 boxes opened and only 2 t4s??!!

also,again with your Rng nonsense,i opened 5 boxes in a row and got the Same mods back to back.
WHY?

Mister Ree
11-12-2015, 07:04 AM
can you Please Fix the mod boxes,
im pretty sure its supposed to give me at LEAST 1 t4 mod per box,
5 boxes opened and only 2 t4s??!!

also,again with your Rng nonsense,i opened 5 boxes in a row and got the Same mods back to back.
WHY?

Only the 75 key box in game guarantees t4 mods, you're lucky to have pulled any out of mod crates from elsewhere tbh. Unless there was a patch in the last few months I missed.

hempman
11-12-2015, 07:12 AM
i asked ingame,consensus is,they used to drop t4s,and now its just a chance?
Nobodys happy with it,i can deffo tell you that.

why is everything in this game getting worse?

Johnny Gatt
11-12-2015, 07:12 AM
The rep crates and rep mod boxes only guarantee disappointment . Anything else you get is gravy. If you spent 75 keys and 100 rep for epic mod hoard you should get 4 t4 mods. Anything else is just a gamble with the rng slot machine.

Hexthat
11-12-2015, 07:14 AM
The rep crates and rep mod boxes only guarantee disappointment . Anything else you get is gravy. If you spent 75 keys and 100 rep for epic mod hoard you should get 4 t4 mods. Anything else is just a gamble with the rng slot machine.

This is why the only contract I do is Chimera, for a core. Clearing out the dailies and weeklies off map has became a waste of time.

Johnny Gatt
11-12-2015, 07:15 AM
I have been playing since before vendor boxes existed. They have never guaranteed a t4 to drop from the rep mod box.

Mister Ree
11-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Its really a non-issue, without a patron pass you can earn enough rep to buy 3 mod crates from each of the main vendors, and 7th rep can be farmed endlessly so you can be getting at least 15 mod crates a week.. more with a patron pass, and more if you farm 7th rep. Not to mention t4s from expo's too.

hempman
11-12-2015, 07:35 AM
a non issue?
do you Build guns or just buy them already built?
cause,for those of us who Do build guns,the time/cost delays are Frustrating.

plus,when i open 5 boxes from the Same Vendor in a Row,
and get Only mods for a shotty,sniper,and infector out of all 5 boxes,
that once Again makes me wonder wtfh is up with the supposed rng.

i got 1 ar mod,a Green melee stock..wow...thats helpful...said no one,ever.
so,if this is how it IS,can it be Changed?
that Question is to Devs.

Mister Ree
11-12-2015, 07:56 AM
a non issue?
do you Build guns or just buy them already built?
cause,for those of us who Do build guns,the time/cost delays are Frustrating.

plus,when i open 5 boxes from the Same Vendor in a Row,
and get Only mods for a shotty,sniper,and infector out of all 5 boxes,
that once Again makes me wonder wtfh is up with the supposed rng.

i got 1 ar mod,a Green melee stock..wow...thats helpful...said no one,ever.
so,if this is how it IS,can it be Changed?
that Question is to Devs.

I build guns. 15 mod crates per toon per week is alot imo, if you have 6 toons thats 90 a week, with a patron pass 120+ a week! Its really a non issue, yeah, not every crate will be good but if you're pulling 100 crates a week then its no problem. This again, is not including expo's or trading for mods.

Ray8888
11-12-2015, 08:03 AM
I have been playing since before vendor boxes existed. They have never guaranteed a t4 to drop from the rep mod box.

This...
I think OP is getting it confused with the Epic Mod Cache.

hempman
11-12-2015, 08:20 AM
I build guns. 15 mod crates per toon per week is alot imo, if you have 6 toons thats 90 a week, with a patron pass 120+ a week! Its really a non issue, yeah, not every crate will be good but if you're pulling 100 crates a week then its no problem. This again, is not including expo's or trading for mods.

erm,okayyyy what are you Building them With?
t2s?...t3s???..because t4s are ridiculous to get.
and,you seem to be lumping all the crates together,this is not accurate when you have Diff Syns to build.
you can only accumulate so much rep for each vendor ......
im wondering how you manage to pull t4s out of thin air?

and,im blown away by this 100 boxes a week thing times x amount of toons times playing the same carp over and over again for dailies.
i commend you on your dedication,But,some of us dont have the Time that others do.

last but not least,i appreciate you pros setting me straight on the vendors.
i would like to know why i only get certain types mods and guns,but im never gonna get a straight answer on that soooo...yeah.

at the very least,can a Dev post about this t4 mod Question and let us know if this is being looked at or will stay unchanged?

r1p
11-12-2015, 11:22 AM
Its really a non-issue, without a patron pass you can earn enough rep to buy 3 mod crates from each of the main vendors, and 7th rep can be farmed endlessly so you can be getting at least 15 mod crates a week.. more with a patron pass, and more if you farm 7th rep. Not to mention t4s from expo's too.

Even when you have a PP it doesn't matter. You know how many OJ weapons I've pulled from faction boxes (Soleptor, VBI, Top Notch) in 14 months (10 with PP) of playing? Zero. I hardly ever even get a decent purple weapon and most of those are sniper rifles and shotguns that I will never use. Out of the purples that I received there were 3 TN Boomers (2 decent), 2 Frontier Battle Rifles (meh), 5-6 VBI AR's (2 decent). From DLC boxes I have pulled 3 OJ weapons (2 trash, no Sumi's) from 7th legion and 1 from Gunslinger (MassXL - trash). The stupid thing is I average 1 OJ 7th Legion shield per month but I'm never going to use them and nobody wants them so they always get vendored. So having a patron pass for 10 of the 14 months that I have been playing has netted me 4 OJ weapons of which 3 were garbage.

Mod caches are even worse. I stopped buying them they day I got 4 green mods out of a single Soleptor mod cache (2 of which were for weapons that Soleptor doesn't even carry) and a white det sight out of a 7th Legion mod cache. Before I stopped buying them I kept track of what I was pulling and the percentages were highly unfavorable for the mods that are needed for the most popular weapons. I pulled 2x more T3 & T4 mods for weapons that the vendor didn't even carry than T2 & T3 mods for mods for dets, AR's, etc.

Mister Ree
11-12-2015, 11:47 AM
erm,okayyyy what are you Building them With?
t2s?...t3s???..because t4s are ridiculous to get.
and,you seem to be lumping all the crates together,this is not accurate when you have Diff Syns to build.
you can only accumulate so much rep for each vendor ......
im wondering how you manage to pull t4s out of thin air?

and,im blown away by this 100 boxes a week thing times x amount of toons times playing the same carp over and over again for dailies.
i commend you on your dedication,But,some of us dont have the Time that others do.

last but not least,i appreciate you pros setting me straight on the vendors.
i would like to know why i only get certain types mods and guns,but im never gonna get a straight answer on that soooo...yeah.

at the very least,can a Dev post about this t4 mod Question and let us know if this is being looked at or will stay unchanged?

90% of my main toons 300 inventory are event weapons, 50 of which are JPs, fully t4'd or better. The remaining 10% are bitstore backpack synergies or standard synergies which are t4'd or better too. My EMC service rifle is the only faction based syn weapon I can think of in that inventory (working on smaller toons atm). I don't really rate the faction synergies, they're junk at best. It still does not change the fact that even with a f2p account you can earn easily 6 mod crates per faction per week. Thats 24 vbi/soleptor/top notch crates a month. Maybe write down everything you get over a 2month period and come back with your findings, but tbh I see no point. These crates never claimed to drop at least one t4 per box.

hempman
11-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Even when you have a PP it doesn't matter. You know how many OJ weapons I've pulled from faction boxes (Soleptor, VBI, Top Notch) in 14 months (10 with PP) of playing? Zero. I hardly ever even get a decent purple weapon and most of those are sniper rifles and shotguns that I will never use. Out of the purples that I received there were 3 TN Boomers (2 decent), 2 Frontier Battle Rifles (meh), 5-6 VBI AR's (2 decent). From DLC boxes I have pulled 3 OJ weapons (2 trash, no Sumi's) from 7th legion and 1 from Gunslinger (MassXL - trash). The stupid thing is I average 1 OJ 7th Legion shield per month but I'm never going to use them and nobody wants them so they always get vendored. So having a patron pass for 10 of the 14 months that I have been playing has netted me 4 OJ weapons of which 3 were garbage.

Mod caches are even worse. I stopped buying them the day I got 4 green mods out of a single Soleptor mod cache (2 of which were for weapons that Soleptor doesn't even carry) and a white det sight out of a 7th Legion mod cache. Before I stopped buying them I kept track of what I was pulling and the percentages were highly unfavorable for the mods that are needed for the most popular weapons. I pulled 2x more T3 & T4 mods for weapons that the vendor didn't even carry than T2 & T3 mods for mods for dets, AR's, etc.

I don't really rate the faction synergies, they're junk at best. It still does not change the fact that even with a f2p account you can earn easily 6 mod crates per faction per week. Thats 24 vbi/soleptor/top notch crates a month. Maybe write down everything you get over a 2month period and come back with your findings, but tbh I see no point. theres the Point,right there.
14 months,kept track,and he is saying almost word for word what ive been saying.
these boxes are dropping a high percentage of Certain weapons/mods and its supposed to be rng.
as in random weapons not a certain type over and over again.
my original post was about the vendors,mods
but this just firms my belief that theres something wrong with the whole setup.
almost as if its Weighted towards the undesirables...

These crates never claimed to drop at least one t4 per box.ty.
i have already gotten that from the others,but ty again sir.
my reply to that was to ask if this is something the Devs will be looking at in the future.

Mister Ree
11-12-2015, 04:12 PM
Yeah and in 12 months of owning gunslinger dlc I've only pulled 6 junk ojs, but thats just my luck of the draw. And as far as weapon crates go you can only get 1 a week as f2p so the oj drop rate will be considerably less compared to t4 mods from mod caches.

As for thanking me, nps. I did state in my first reply which mod crates guarantee t4s but every reply since you seemed to type like you were entitled to them when it all comes down to rng. If its really not working for one toon you should try a different one, the rng is different for each. Anyway, not here to argue at all so I'll leave this thread.

hempman
11-12-2015, 04:37 PM
its Not Entitlement...??
why do people Always say that?

its a feeling a knowing,
that theres something just Not Right about the rng in this game,whether it be guns mods ojs nameds whatever.
i havent kept track,like that one fella did,which is identical to what ive gone thru,
but its gotten to the point where i can predict with 80% chance if not higher Exactly what ill get from a box........
is that something i should be able to do with Rng?

i dont want stuff because i feel entitled,i want stuff i can use...be it mods,guns,whatever.
and when the game keeps giving me useless things,where i spend a lot of Time to Earn,or for which i sometimes pay Real money,
then i feel its my right to ask questions.
my apologies if sometimes they are stupid ones.
no offense intended at all mister Ree.

If its really not working for one toon you should try a different one, the rng is different for each.my problem is,its my Main toon thats cursed with this.....

Johnny Gatt
11-12-2015, 04:45 PM
I have gotten white mods from 7th legion mod crate. I have opened hundreds of crates and only a few are t4s. I get most of my t4s from epic mod hoard or expos. The number generator that decides rewards is weighted heavily against giving you anything good, or even remotely useful. Green pistol melee stock anyone... ???

Mister Ree
11-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Thankfully mods are not ego based, try out a different toon and you may notice drops are better/worse in different areas. You can always get a friend or clan mate to move them for you.

r1p
11-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Thankfully mods are not ego based, try out a different toon and you may notice drops are better/worse in different areas. You can always get a friend or clan mate to move them for you.

So what do we do with the mods that we get from faction mod caches for weapons that the faction does not even carry?

PithHelmetIrath
11-13-2015, 07:19 AM
Green pistol melee stock anyone... ???

No thanks, I got my fill while playing for 20 minutes yesterday..