PDA

View Full Version : Heartbreaker revisited

Smokey Black
11-13-2015, 09:36 AM
Since the exl event I have been looking at some of the gear and noticed that Wet Works syn and Heartbreaker Syn share 2 of the powers,

Heartbreaker
[1] - on shield break 15% Armour penetration for 5 seconds
[2]- on shield break 10% damage to surrounding allies for 5 seconds cooldown 30 seconds

Wet Work
[1]- on shield break 15% damage to surrounding alies for 5 seconds
[2]- on shield break 15% armour penetration for 5 seconds

basically when your shield breaks when stacked with HB and WW your team will almost be doing overcharge damage +25%, with one player...lets say everyone is using this loadout..

Do Wet Works and Heartbreaker stack? Has anyone tried this. I would imagine a group running with wetworks shields and a heart breaker weapon each could be a lot of fun in coops and expo(thinking brief candle for coop and darkest hour for expo). For all the hate the Heartbreaker guns get the synergy is certainly more useful than most when used this way, I know the oj mag on jp isn't 'meta' enough for some but with the 2% self revive on kill I think its nice. And lastly what does the 3rd heartbreaker syn mean when it says crit on Armour break- is this when one of your plates breakes/all your plates break/ or when shield goes down.

Just bored and thinking this could be useful to some players.

Smokey Black
11-13-2015, 10:15 AM
If I am running with a group who have a hb gun equipped and a ww shield and all our shields broke at the same would each player get a 75% damage boost for 5 seconds...use overcharge and a damage spike would get you to 205% damage for the 5 secondo after shield break.

Josh Doring
11-13-2015, 10:57 AM
so it worked imma try it out now ty smokey

eaglepowers
11-13-2015, 11:07 AM
Does wetwork and firewall effects affect the person using them or only people around them?

Smokey Black
11-13-2015, 11:19 AM
Does wetwork and firewall effects affect the person using them or only people around them?

depends on which part of the syn. The ones that say surrounding allies only work on others. But there are parts of the syn that only benefit you also.

Smokey Black
11-13-2015, 06:15 PM
hmm..I thought some of you would be interested in +75% damage, guess 3 extra bullets and a nano is all you need to get by:rolleyes:

Johnny Stranger
11-13-2015, 06:31 PM
interesting ...be very interested to know if both stack....

Smokey Black
11-13-2015, 06:35 PM
interesting ...be very interested to know if both stack....

indeed it would be hard to test on console because the window is only 5 seconds so you have to observe the damage or slim chance of looking at your card.

Ea Rapture
11-13-2015, 07:13 PM
so it worked imma try it out now ty smokey

Aren't you away from your ps3 till December 3rd?

Logain
11-14-2015, 06:13 AM

Yes "surrounding allies" includes user. Quick test equip firewall shield and notice self heal on shield break.

Note however only HB effects kick in when using HB gun while Wetwork kicks in regardless what gun is equipped.

Norten
11-14-2015, 03:15 PM
i have syphoon frc carabin with heartbreak, but only one mod, also i have wetwor weapon, the problem is that heartbreaker mod are impossile to found, also i know that firewall shield recharge affect a bit also yourself (maybe because you are seen by the game like an allies of yourself?) so maybe you could have some advbantage also from outgoing synergies