PDA

View Full Version : Contracts Who do these anymore?

Skiller115
11-15-2015, 12:55 PM
I find them repetitive plus mod crates can drop mods for weapons that the vendor don't even carry, like the T4 scavenger Detonator mod I got a while back! Only thing I get that's worthwhile are the OJ grenades that Solepter loves to get me! But 99% of the time you're going to get one nanoless purple and two blues, for what a whole weeks worth of work? So yeah once you get to a certain level you realize that the effort you put in is definitely not equal to the reward you pull out. So yeah you get that extra 10% damage for what? a weapon with a useless synergy. The VBI synergy is hands down the best rep synergy but you have to choose between it and gunslinger! So yeah the whole rep system isn't worth it tbh!

Fallen_Aingeal
11-15-2015, 01:30 PM
I do Soleptor and Tarr.

I like getting the Soleptor supply crates. Trying to replace something I received from one. One day I may. LOL

Smokey Black
11-15-2015, 01:39 PM
I do. Where else will I get. Rhino regenerater /survivor ark. Just pulled a godly frontier battle rifle yesterday and the emc service rifle I have makes grave digger look like a pea shooter.

Olaf
11-15-2015, 01:55 PM
and the emc service rifle I have makes grave digger look like a pea shooter.

But, does it have lifesteal?
Also I don't bother with these anymore either, 3 years of the same contracts & same bad rewards is enough to drive anyone to the point of not caring.

Claydough
11-15-2015, 01:59 PM
I do em because what the hell else is there to do??

Smokey Black
11-15-2015, 02:06 PM
But, does it have lifesteal?
Also I don't bother with these anymore either, 3 years of the same contracts & same bad rewards is enough to drive anyone to the point of not caring.

I honestly don't need lifesteal. Don't use lifesteal in expos and definetly don't need in PvE.

Xaat Xuun
11-15-2015, 02:23 PM
I was burnt out doing them, before completing the pursuits from doing them

but

that may be because I play more then one character :o

Ea Rapture
11-15-2015, 02:26 PM
I do. Where else will I get. Rhino regenerater /survivor ark. Just pulled a godly frontier battle rifle yesterday and the emc service rifle I have makes grave digger look like a pea shooter.

Digger is a Pea Shooter and inferior to most weapons.

Claydough
11-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Digger is a Pea Shooter and inferior to most weapons.

Correct...

Dont get me wrong, an ar is fun to use sometimes, but they really are weak as hell!

Claydough
11-15-2015, 02:42 PM
I honestly don't need lifesteal. Don't use lifesteal in expos and definetly don't need in PvE.

These are word by somone that doesnt have good lifesteal weapons...

Smokey Black
11-15-2015, 02:45 PM
These are word by somone that doesnt have good lifesteal weapons...

Supreme Ghost Duster and Spinal tap blast rifle with oj damage.. must be missing something not sure what.

Ea Rapture
11-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Correct...

Dont get me wrong, an ar is fun to use sometimes, but they really are weak as hell!

Most people use Dets and (Should they want to Crit) use a wolfhound or at least a sniper with a decent Crit. Mass Cannons have also turned into a go-to weapon. Still have to try it out though

Fallen_Aingeal
11-15-2015, 04:53 PM
I have used my vbi ar for over 2 years. Love it. Occasionally, I'll pull out Supreme BH AR. Don't need the life steal.

Just landed a sweet Liberty Eagle. 7.6 crit, .2 higher than my assassin Wolf, higher dmg. and same or better specs throughout. Only difference is elec rather than the rad of the wolf. Took it into a Volge Incursion and was impressed with it enough that I'll be retiring/selling/trading the Wolfhound.

Applebite
11-15-2015, 05:04 PM
They should redo the contracts so you can actually get something worthwhile from them. I understand they're only there to help the noobs get started, but as you progress, they become rather useless. Especially when they stop giving you exp at the upper levels.

Claydough
11-15-2015, 05:22 PM
Supreme Ghost Duster and Spinal tap blast rifle with oj damage.. must be missing something not sure what.

Point proven

Smokey Black
11-15-2015, 06:16 PM
Point proven

Please advise what I could have that's better. I said I must be missing some thing.

Claydough
11-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Please advise what I could have that's better. I said I must be missing some thing.

Wolfman, spinal tap tachmags

Hexthat
11-15-2015, 06:51 PM
I do chimera but only for the forge.

Smokey Black
11-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Wolfman, spinal tap tachmags

I have both Wolfman with crit mastery and 2x crit spinal tap smg but I wouldn't use them in expos.

Lamar Kendrick
11-15-2015, 07:03 PM
i rack up to 1k per rep (vbi, tn, sole, tarr) and go into shopping mode and the last time i've done this i got like 3 ark shields and tons of ojs and the previous max rep, 4 ark shields. so yeah i still do my contracts. it's better than doing nothing

tbh lifesteal is a must for me (to each his own). i got the digger, duster, st br, undertaker, advocate so on and so forth

Claydough
11-15-2015, 09:57 PM
I have both Wolfman with crit mastery and 2x crit spinal tap smg but I wouldn't use them in expos.

you probley do expos with others then, where they can pick up your slack...

Hunter0
11-15-2015, 10:24 PM
PS3 EU is a ghost town without events.. !

Ea Rapture
11-15-2015, 11:06 PM
i rack up to 1k per rep (vbi, tn, sole, tarr) and go into shopping mode and the last time i've done this i got like 3 ark shields and tons of ojs and the previous max rep, 4 ark shields. so yeah i still do my contracts. it's better than doing nothing

tbh lifesteal is a must for me (to each his own). i got the digger, duster, st br, undertaker, advocate so on and so forth

The Avocado is the bomb diggity

Smokey Black
11-16-2015, 05:25 AM
you probley do expos with others then, where they can pick up your slack...

Lol idk why you are trolling me. I don't use them because they use too much ammunition. The first time I did an expo me and my bro both went in with Wolfman equipped and ran out of ammo too fast. Usually I find that I kill more enemies then two of the members in my group combined be it expo or coop. Defiance players are lazy.

Mister Ree
11-16-2015, 05:35 AM
Lol idk why you are trolling me. I don't use them because they use too much ammunition. The first time I did an expo me and my bro both went in with Wolfman equipped and ran out of ammo too fast. Usually I find that I kill more enemies then two of the members in my group combined be it expo or coop. Defiance players are lazy.

Just ignore him, his trolling is atrocious at best. Lol. Anyone with half a braincell knows duster is the lifesteal king for expo's. I'm sure all his friends pick up his slack as hes running off to the ammo crate 3 rooms back every half a second.

Olaf
11-16-2015, 05:53 AM
Just ignore him, his trolling is atrocious at best. Lol. Anyone with half a braincell knows duster is the lifesteal king for expo's. I'm sure all his friends pick up his slack as hes running off to the ammo crate 3 rooms back every half a second.

I have half a brain cell and can think of other weapons I would pick first compared to duster,but I've never been much of a fan of vbi ars.

Mister Ree
11-16-2015, 06:04 AM
I have half a brain cell and can think of other weapons I would pick first compared to duster,but I've never been much of a fan of vbi ars.

Name the lifesteal weaps you'd choose then. ST blast? Yeah its okay I guess, terrible for critting though. Hell, I'd rather take beez than a wolfman into expos. With the right mastery and mods it can be a steady firing beast.

PithHelmetIrath
11-16-2015, 06:07 AM
I do chimera but only for the forge.

Likewise.. which means I only play the game for 20-30 minutes, depending on how long an expert co-op takes to queue up.

Smokey Black
11-16-2015, 06:39 AM
i rack up to 1k per rep (vbi, tn, sole, tarr) and go into shopping mode and the last time i've done this i got like 3 ark shields and tons of ojs and the previous max rep, 4 ark shields.

This is exactly why players should do the daily/weekly rep contracts. The only Ark shields I've personally pulled have been from these boxes.

Logain
11-16-2015, 06:41 AM
Name the lifesteal weaps you'd choose then. ST blast? Yeah its okay I guess, terrible for critting though. Hell, I'd rather take beez than a wolfman into expos. With the right mastery and mods it can be a steady firing beast.

Weapon choice depends on both the Expo and honestly the encounter (boss level or mini boss level or mob level). Why do people only have one loadout and stick with it for all Expeditions is beyond me.

Milking Maids that do not have life steal work great for a lot of things (especially larger slower moving targets like bosses). Rad ST Tachmags work well with heavily armored hard to reach crit spots. Wolfmans or Fire ST Tachmags are great against lower armored enemies without shields. Devil's Advocate are good at hitting mobs and bosses with readily accessible crit spots and the Undertaker (and possibly the Afterlife) is great against enemies with shielded crit spots like DM or bosses with armored crit spots like Tankers. Underrated are Rad and Fire ST Blasters which are good especially up close to enemies and provide a different ammo pool then the AR/SMG/LMG. Also underrated is having one person (only one unless it is DM) in the group of four that just tags every mob possible with an Elec BR (which could be an Elec ST BR or even an Empousa). Shock the mob so that those Maids can do their thing. Also underrated by many would be one person using a Bio mob control weapon like a Corrupter or an Autumn's Scourge (or even a fast firing Bio PS Automatic) to slow the enemy and to trigger Bio effect so that those fire weapons to tear apart those heavily plated health based enemies. Then there is the Raven which under the right circumstances works really well as sustained suppression is an under appreciated support synergy. But at higher tiers and rounds of expos the enemy just hits harder and move faster (not that they actually get smarter and use better tactics). So you'll end up using terrain to your advantage and making use of the semi-auto sniper rifles I mentioned above or the Maid or the longer reaching Grave Digger and Ghost Duster for the nano appropriate enemy. For limited or wide open space in which you have to dodge and weave to keep from getting hit you are back to the Tachmags I mentioned.

Does that summarize pretty much all the Life Steal and non-Life Steal weapons one would use in Expos? (11 Lifesteal, 5 non Lifesteal).

PS Notice that Bright VFX weapons Mass Cannons, CFs, BMGs and autolobbers (why all of a sudden for pete's sake) were not mentioned because there are better alternatives out there.

PPS Just because you have a lot of kills in Expos because you got the last finishing damage on a bunch of mob based enemies does not mean you are awesome. (Does not disclude it, but certainly does not confirm it).

PPPS Just because you have the highest "Score" in an Expo does not mean you did the best either (same caveat as above). Damage does not equal score.

Sera Phenot
11-16-2015, 12:13 PM
Weapon choice depends on both the Expo and honestly the encounter (boss level or mini boss level or mob level). Why do people only have one loadout and stick with it for all Expeditions is beyond me.

Milking Maids that do not have life steal work great for a lot of things (especially larger slower moving targets like bosses). Rad ST Tachmags work well with heavily armored hard to reach crit spots. Wolfmans or Fire ST Tachmags are great against lower armored enemies without shields. Devil's Advocate are good at hitting mobs and bosses with readily accessible crit spots and the Undertaker (and possibly the Afterlife) is great against enemies with shielded crit spots like DM or bosses with armored crit spots like Tankers. Underrated are Rad and Fire ST Blasters which are good especially up close to enemies and provide a different ammo pool then the AR/SMG/LMG. Also underrated is having one person (only one unless it is DM) in the group of four that just tags every mob possible with an Elec BR (which could be an Elec ST BR or even an Empousa). Shock the mob so that those Maids can do their thing. Also underrated by many would be one person using a Bio mob control weapon like a Corrupter or an Autumn's Scourge (or even a fast firing Bio PS Automatic) to slow the enemy and to trigger Bio effect so that those fire weapons to tear apart those heavily plated health based enemies. Then there is the Raven which under the right circumstances works really well as sustained suppression is an under appreciated support synergy. But at higher tiers and rounds of expos the enemy just hits harder and move faster (not that they actually get smarter and use better tactics). So you'll end up using terrain to your advantage and making use of the semi-auto sniper rifles I mentioned above or the Maid or the longer reaching Grave Digger and Ghost Duster for the nano appropriate enemy. For limited or wide open space in which you have to dodge and weave to keep from getting hit you are back to the Tachmags I mentioned.

Does that summarize pretty much all the Life Steal and non-Life Steal weapons one would use in Expos? (11 Lifesteal, 5 non Lifesteal).

PS Notice that Bright VFX weapons Mass Cannons, CFs, BMGs and autolobbers (why all of a sudden for pete's sake) were not mentioned because there are better alternatives out there.

PPS Just because you have a lot of kills in Expos because you got the last finishing damage on a bunch of mob based enemies does not mean you are awesome. (Does not disclude it, but certainly does not confirm it).

PPPS Just because you have the highest "Score" in an Expo does not mean you did the best either (same caveat as above). Damage does not equal score.

Hidden in this post is Consortium expo grind gospel.

hempman
11-16-2015, 12:18 PM
Hidden in this post is Consortium expo grind gospel.

none of which can defeat the mighty DC.
otherwise known as the HR eater,auto-extracter,etc etc.

ot,only do contracts now if a newbie needs them or we happen to drive by one.
time has proven its not worth doing them.

Smokey Black
11-16-2015, 12:18 PM
I agree with about half of what you mentioned Logan. Sniper rifles/maids great stuff..corruptors ravens and blasters that'll do.

But I can't agree with using any form of Tachmag/Wolfman or electric anything in expo. You will only be able to procure the electric effects in early rounds so its not a winning strategy(although it is a strategy) and the ammo cost is far to high to use a tachmag varient at higher rounds. I just stick with flash/bio grenades for the same effect and use meta weapons.

PS, Not saying lots of kills means your the best your just doing all the work. Its absurd to see players finish with rounds with ~20 kills and the rest of the group having 75+ that's just bumming it. You don't have to have the final shot on the enemy to get the kill either all you have to do is shoot it with a nano gun and get a nano effect kill.

PPS Score doesn't show who is best but it does show who is playing hard and who is just tagging along. We are talking about expos and coops..open world score means nothing but in the aforementioned cases it does show effort.

and damage, thats meta and if you are playing meta you will score fine and all is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhDIU1kkv1o&list=PLgiMTgaqVYcvJT-7kyHJYjWOFPmneFlKq

There should be a sticky for this video.

"if everyone revs we should be able to kill him with as few as 40" classic.

PTR47
11-16-2015, 12:26 PM
I normally do my contracts every day when I play. There's nothing else to do.

Logain
11-16-2015, 12:51 PM
But I can't agree with using any form of Tachmag/Wolfman or electric anything in expo.

TMPs and Wolfman when you need to dodge and weave amongst attacks in tight corridors or more open space. Most mob levels this is not needed. If you have cover use other weapons.

And I am assuming "electric anything in expo" is outside of Heaven Sent?

You will only be able to procure the electric effects in early rounds so its not a winning strategy(although it is a strategy)

This is actually not a true statement. There is one weapon (only one) type that proc's electric just fine at all rounds (it is like a permanent flash grenade). Only one player should be using it, and only as a secondary support weapon. For the lack of DPS. <--- This we agree on.

and the ammo cost is far to high to use a tachmag varient at higher rounds.

This is what one person carrying ammo spikes or the use of Hallowed Point Synergy is for.

As far as the rest of your post on kills and score. If I PUG an Expo I go in with the understanding that I am solo'ing the expo (for what ever reason, usually cores). And don't expect teamwork to work very well.

If I do an organized run most players end up within a few 1,000 points of each other in the end. As everyone is carrying their part or fulfilling their role. The point difference is mostly who had EGO going on a Boss or Mini-Boss kill.

PS Big fan of DERP. I feel sorry for Hitler's clan.

Smokey Black
11-16-2015, 01:08 PM
fair enough..I'm still not convinced you can get electric to procure past tier 30 and I'm not crazy enough to try.

Mister Ree
11-16-2015, 01:15 PM
Wow us with your hallowed point tachmag, bro. Oh yeah, it doesn't exist.

hempman
11-16-2015, 01:19 PM
This is actually not a true statement. There is one weapon (only one) type that proc's electric just fine at all rounds (it is like a permanent flash grenade). Only one player should be using it, and only as a secondary support weapon. For the lack of DPS. <--- This we agree on.
are you referring to the volge lightning rifle??
battle rifle?

Logain
11-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Wow us with your hallowed point tachmag, bro. Oh yeah, it doesn't exist.

Not point. Ammo regen. HP AR one hand. TMP on the other. I am sure you can eventually figure it out.

are you referring to the volge lightning rifle??
battle rifle?

Nope. Already mentioned it in original post. If you want specific details feel free to PM.

Mister Ree
11-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Not point. Ammo regen. HP AR one hand. TMP on the other. I am sure you can eventually figure it out.

Nope. Already mentioned it in original post. If you want specific details feel free to PM.

Lolol so your advice for expos is to run around with two weaps that use the same ammo source? Pleeeease, tell me more of your legitness.

Olaf
11-16-2015, 01:38 PM
Lolol so your advice for expos is to run around with two weaps that use the same ammo source? Pleeeease, tell me more of your legitness.

Prepare to be meta'd.

Mister Ree
11-16-2015, 01:39 PM
Prepare to be meta'd.

Prepare to meta'd lol. You're funny olaf. I'll let you know in game.

Logain
11-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Lolol so your advice for expos is to run around with two weaps that use the same ammo source?

My advice was given above in first post. I did not specifically recommend using dual ARs. But as far as your comment above, yes it is quite easy to operate guns with large ammo pools like the AR/SMG/LMG with either an ammo spike or the combination stated previously. The cost of an ammo spike is nothing. And there are some combination of guns (ARs/LMGs/SMGs) that the benefit of using the combo outweighs the detriment of sharing the same ammo. Especially since that handicap is easily overcome. Can we agree to that? Or are you going to argue that point as well?

Shadow X Zero
11-16-2015, 11:05 PM
Digger is a Pea Shooter and inferior to most weapons.I think you misunderstood the meaning of "pea shooter."

Also, the Grave Digger is not inferior to the Piper.

Smokey Black
11-16-2015, 11:15 PM
I think you misunderstood the meaning of "pea shooter."

Its just not as powerful and different, lets be PC :cool:

Claydough
11-16-2015, 11:37 PM

lolwat?

i dont do expos in groups, i go solo 90% of the time and have to rely on my own dps to get me through.

and i manage fine solo all the way to the end of expos without the use of ammo spikes or the need to go to ammo boxes.

kilza pc user
11-17-2015, 12:06 AM

Does it have ammo regen?

kilza pc user
11-17-2015, 12:08 AM
I think you misunderstood the meaning of "pea shooter."

A GD is better than a Piper that's why i traded away one of my junk pipers for one :)

r1p
11-17-2015, 06:24 AM
Does it have ammo regen?

It does if it has a Prepared synergy.