PDA

View Full Version : Arkfall loot.

Mustaine
04-06-2013, 05:15 AM
So is it really only shields and grenades? Or will there also be weapon drops?

'cause I've been getting shields and nades only, don't know if this is intentionally, but it's getting pretty 'meh'.

DSWBeef
04-06-2013, 05:20 AM
Wondering this aswell. I dont wanna have to rely on lockboxes for weapons lol.

Mike JezZ
04-06-2013, 05:24 AM
It doesn't matter that much in Defiance.

Gear is mostly just skins and prefered adjustments.

When you get a purple or orange weapon. They are allmost all the same.

SphaZ
04-06-2013, 05:28 AM
It doesn't matter that much in Defiance.

Gear is mostly just skins and prefered adjustments.

When you get a purple or orange weapon. They are allmost all the same.

And if you are lucky the orange one might actually be better.

Daddums
04-06-2013, 05:39 AM
Yup. Loot last light was underwhelming at best. Shields and nades...

Someone tell me why I should spend 30 minutes chasing huge bugs for something I tossed in the first hour of gameplay.

Mike JezZ
04-06-2013, 05:41 AM
And if you are lucky the orange one might actually be better.

So orange gear can be better than other orange gear?

Niurok
04-06-2013, 05:58 AM
Depends on your setup I guess. For me not having acquired an orange item whether it be shield or weapon but if I got something like an Infector Shotgun or something I wouldn't even use I would either sell it to vendor or resource it.

Yokai
04-06-2013, 06:09 AM
I received two green weapons from an Arkfall last night. PC platform.

FailedSeppuku
04-06-2013, 06:21 AM
I've had a purple shield and a purple nade, purple shield replaced my mates as it was much better and the nade replaced mine as it had 0.5s extra tick from one 200 levels lower.

I've had some green weapons and one blue, but it's mostly nades and shields. From 5 Major Ark Falls last night and 360.

Diggot
04-06-2013, 06:28 AM
I soloed 2 Major Arkfalls today at EGO500+. One of them didn't drop ANY loot, nada, zip.. none.
The 2nd Major Arkfall rewarded my 45 minutes of effort with a useless blue flashgrenade.

So if this is the way the game is going to continue to reward my efforts, it won't see much of my money
in the future. Especially when soloing a MAJOR arkfall, you should get something worth the time & effort
put into it. Like a purple or blue weapons mod that are OF USE for you... or weapons that are for YOUR CLASS.

FailedSeppuku
04-06-2013, 06:32 AM
They scale, the more people, the better the loot. Your feat of awesomocity was for nowt.

Mike JezZ
04-06-2013, 07:02 AM
I soloed 2 Major Arkfalls today at EGO500+. One of them didn't drop ANY loot, nada, zip.. none.
The 2nd Major Arkfall rewarded my 45 minutes of effort with a useless blue flashgrenade.

So if this is the way the game is going to continue to reward my efforts, it won't see much of my money
in the future. Especially when soloing a MAJOR arkfall, you should get something worth the time & effort
put into it. Like a purple or blue weapons mod that are OF USE for you... or weapons that are for YOUR CLASS.

If you want a game that gives you rewards like much better gear, then this game is not for you.

Maniacal
04-06-2013, 07:16 AM

This game doesn't have classes.

KashraFall
04-06-2013, 07:18 AM
How fraytell did you solo two arkfalls? I mean, I am fast but going to 5 separate crystals alone, you would almost run out of time. Then the final fight with the monarchs and the hellions? I don't see how it is possible, you sure they were major?

Eigenheit
04-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Isnt there an EGO perk you can equip for better loot? Or does that not apply to ArkFalls?

Diggot
04-06-2013, 07:24 AM
They were Major. Once you pop that last "crystal" and the final opens up, a new timer of
20 minutes is added, and it takes about 15 minutes to kill it if you don't die much.
I didn't die anything.
Have to shoot on the move or get nuked by artillery. Avoid wasting time on the little ones and
focus on the boss.

Diggot
04-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Isnt there an EGO perk you can equip for better loot? Or does that not apply to ArkFalls?

I wasn't aware that you can actually "equip" perks. I always assumed they were passives, apart from the 4 main skills.

KashraFall
04-06-2013, 07:26 AM
They were Major. Once you pop that last "crystal" and the final opens up, a new timer of
20 minutes is added, and it takes about 15 minutes to kill it if you don't die much.
I didn't die anything.
Have to shoot on the move or get nuked by artillery. Avoid wasting time on the little ones and
focus on the boss.

Yes and I am trying to figure out how you managed to kill the 5 crystals for one, with all the stuff happening around you, without dieing mind you. As well as going into the major and killing the either hellion tower or prime hive and also dealing with the 3 monarch as well as the plethora of other enemies that would be there. It doesn't sound possible, even if it scales lol.

misjuff
04-06-2013, 07:48 AM

from what I have seen the more people who fight and help in Arkfalls the more loot and better things spawn out to everyone. I am gonna guess "soloing" them prolly will not be more effective but I am not sure.

misjuff
04-06-2013, 07:51 AM
They scale, the more people, the better the loot. Your feat of awesomocity was for nowt.

Ya that was what I was thinking and seen. More people in my Arkfalls I attack better loots I seem to see and others cheer about

Shismar
04-06-2013, 07:55 AM
How fraytell did you solo two arkfalls? I mean, I am fast but going to 5 separate crystals alone, you would almost run out of time. Then the final fight with the monarchs and the hellions? I don't see how it is possible, you sure they were major?
Scrapper arkfalls are easy to solo. Did one myself and the only issue was ammo as this was before they added the caches. Crystal destruction Arkfalls are not worth the time and effort.

Since shields and grenades have become rather rare loot otherwise, I don't mind them dropping at Arkfalls. I just wish they were better than blue. Whatever the scaling for that is, I have yet to see a purple or better.

Jestunhi
04-06-2013, 07:56 AM
So orange gear can be better than other orange gear?

The base stats are the same (i.e. damage, rate of fire) but the bonuses could be "better" and you get more bonuses on higher rarity (as well as a wider variety, such as synergy bonuses).

And by "better", I mean better suit your setup, choice of weapon type and playstyle.

:Edit:

E.g. my orange Immunizer has 2 mag size bonuses, 1 grenade recharge bonus, 1 synergy bonus and 1 melee damage type bonus.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5912/immunizer.png

Mustaine
04-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Still. It's imbalanced and it should drop weapons more often.

I can just run in the last second, shoot once, and get a purple shield.

Asirae
04-06-2013, 08:02 AM
arkfalls = keycodes

keycodes = loot

Voidfox
04-06-2013, 08:04 AM

It sucks there weren't enough players to help you with a major Arkfall, as they are meant to be played in large groups. Is this a sign of a dwindling playerbase?

Jestunhi
04-06-2013, 08:05 AM
I wasn't aware that you can actually "equip" perks. I always assumed they were passives, apart from the 4 main skills.

Perks go in the highlighted boxes:

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9603/perks.png

Agent T8235
04-06-2013, 08:09 AM
arkfalls = keycodes

keycodes = loot

plain, simple, answered

Kennith
04-06-2013, 08:24 AM
I hate how there's not even just a minimal increase in stats other than just added effects to the weapons. It's like there's no sense of achievement in doing the Arkfalls. If you want keycodes then just do Lost of Liberty Co-Op and you'll get the same amount of keycodes in 10-15 minutes.

scrawnypaleman
04-06-2013, 08:28 AM
I wasn't aware that you can actually "equip" perks. I always assumed they were passives, apart from the 4 main skills.Oh my lord. Child, you haven't been using perks. Yes, you do have to equip them. Just go to the EGO screen, scroll over a perk, and it will give you the option to equip.

Cpt Blud
04-06-2013, 08:50 AM
So, someone who didnt know how to equip perks wants to know why soloing major arkfalls isnt dropping orange loot out the wazoo. :slomo facepalm:

Loot tables bro, loot tables.

Eigenheit
04-06-2013, 09:30 AM

When I say perks I may not be using the right terminology. You have these sub perks under 1 of the 4 main perks. One of them is a better loot drop %.