PDA

View Full Version : Exploding Turkeys

piekster78
11-20-2015, 01:14 AM
This is probably a dumb question, but curiosity is getting the better of me.

So I discovered by accident that you can occasionally shoot some of the turkeys in the shop areas, but not every time and not every one. After you shoot them once or twice, they revert to the normal, non-interacting turkeys. Its obviously intentional, because they explode into a puff of feathers and blood graphic when you shoot them. My question is, is there some kind of easter egg if you shoot several of them, or is the ability to shoot them itself the easter egg?

Bentu
11-20-2015, 01:32 AM
I've wondered this to and actually saw one attack a guy and floored him. :)

Mister Ree
11-20-2015, 02:07 AM
Shoot near the turkeys with red crosshairs and they chase you too, if you didnt already know. They've been here since the first NFH and as far as I can tell they are just there for the lol factor.

piekster78
11-20-2015, 03:02 AM
Yeah, I had one attack me too, but i got it before it hit me, so I didn't know how much damage it does

Mister Ree
11-20-2015, 03:09 AM
Nothing too serious, its just funny. Lol

doctordabs
11-20-2015, 03:10 AM
1747 dmg he did to me lol

piekster78
11-20-2015, 03:31 AM
This just gave me an idea (probably stupid, but whatever) to "punish" cheaters, rule breakers or other people who get suspended/banned, and also give us a silly stress relief after something like critting out of your daily chimera mission or whatever....

We should have a "virtual stocks and pillary" somewhere in the game, maybe outside the Crater or Shondu's consulate. Put the avatar of someone who has been caught doing something they shouldn't by the devs in a medieval style stocks with their name hovering overhead with their virtual "crime". We can then shoot/hit them, like we can with the turkeys. They go splat, make some weird sound, have a gory graphic, then they re-appear for the next person to mess with them.

It wouldn't be the player's actual character, so they could go on playing as long as it wasn't a bannable offense, just a copy.

The perp gets a little bit of public shaming by having his name seen by everyone. The rest of us get a little mindless fun.

crazyged
11-20-2015, 04:15 AM
Lucky you didn't see the Turkeys in the first incarnation way back then - they would have dropped the most hardened vet.

Man, they were vicious!

I loved those turkeys... wish they'd kept them that Psychotic!

Olaf
11-20-2015, 05:48 AM
I've wondered this to and actually saw one attack a guy and floored him. :)

Lol that's happend to me a few times. Rather amusing.

PithHelmetIrath
11-20-2015, 06:34 AM
Shoot near the turkeys with red crosshairs and they chase you too, if you didnt already know. They've been here since the first NFH and as far as I can tell they are just there for the lol factor.

Funny, but I thought they were there for the white meat factor. lol

LieGius Nathanos
11-27-2015, 02:59 AM
And I thought I was the only one attacked by them....

Atticus Batman
11-27-2015, 03:30 AM
And I thought I was the only one attacked by them....

Nope. That is how they were designed. They were extremely aggressive last year, especially on the PTS. Observe!

Do not piss off the turkeys. They are mean in 2047. (Like the chickens in the Zelda games.)

http://youtu.be/pEBq3amWJUU

crazyged
11-27-2015, 04:04 AM
Nope. That is how they were designed. They were extremely aggressive last year, especially on the PTS. Observe!

Yeah, those are the ones.

Really wish they had kept them like that! :D

Dixie Cougar
11-27-2015, 04:13 AM
I shot one with a Digger only to have it immediately replaced by a pumpkin. It was amusing.

Atticus Batman
11-27-2015, 04:15 AM
I shot one with a Digger only to have it immediately replaced by a pumpkin. It was amusing.

So it got an 'extreme Cinderella treatment' and was turned into a pumpkin at midnight? Dumb turkey needed a better fairy Godmother! LOL

Ray8888
11-27-2015, 11:33 AM
I shot near one from the roof of Headlands and and that little bastard ran all around the building everytime I moved. He was pissed.

Donk
11-27-2015, 12:02 PM
LMAO I got he better of their cousin on the dinner table last night. :0