PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Playlist

Grey
02-16-2013, 05:18 AM
What is going to be coming through your speakers while you blast away scrappers and raiders? :cool:

StarFire
02-16-2013, 05:20 AM
alot of game music from other games like raze 2 and COD

Yooji
02-16-2013, 05:39 AM
Audiomachine and Two Steps from Hell

StarFire
02-16-2013, 05:44 AM

now thats a playlist :)

Grey
02-16-2013, 05:45 AM

O__O I think I'm in love xD I'll be listening to those and just every single track on Spotify

StarFire
02-16-2013, 05:46 AM
I will with other game music

Laughter
02-16-2013, 06:42 AM
I like playing with the game sounds, lol. I rarely listen to music.. if I do it's usually in my car.. or when I m cleaning.

mooD
02-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Defiance lacks any proper awesome or fitting soundtrack. So, I just fill in the blanks with some space-ish music, chill and easy tunes.

-Endless Space OST is nice. Heard it somewhere and DLed it, too.

-Blackmill.

-Some weird techno-ish tunes during fights, like Culprate's 'Tentacle VIP' and Psychedelic Brony's 'Consume'

Anything that fits the game, really.

Duskky
02-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Crown the Empire.
Capture the Crown
That's Outrageous.
Suicide Silence
Of Mice & Men
We Came as Romans
For Today
The Paramedic
Set it Off
All Time Low
Fall out Boy
Green Day
Three Days Grace
Pierce the Veil
Firefright
The Nearly dead.
Ocean Ate Alaska
Parkway Drive
A Day to Remember
Bring me The Horizon
Miss May I
A Thorn for every Heart
Hopeful Sixteen
Asking Alexandria
Memphis May Fire
Divided by Friday
Sleeping with Sirens
Anti-Flag
Motionless in white
Four year strong
The Ghost Inside
Dead Silence Hides My Cries
Dead By April
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Like Vultures
And holy crap I could go on all say so I will stop.

lPATT
02-16-2013, 03:59 PM
I like playing with the game sounds, lol. I rarely listen to music.. if I do it's usually in my car.. or when I m cleaning.

same here . i like the game sound so i don't really need music ... maybe when playing minecraft i put music but overall nah

Bornhald
02-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Depends on what the soundtrack is like in the game, if it's ok I'll listen to that, if it's too sparse, I'll rip the music and play it myself. And if I don't like it, I'll just suffer through I guess.

Yooji
02-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Defiance lacks any proper awesome or fitting soundtrack. So, I just fill in the blanks with some space-ish music, chill and easy tunes.

-Endless Space OST is nice. Heard it somewhere and DLed it, too.

-Blackmill.

-Some weird techno-ish tunes during fights, like Culprate's 'Tentacle VIP' and Psychedelic Brony's 'Consume'

Anything that fits the game, really.

I've heard of the Endless Space soundtrack, gonna give it a try :)

Zombie
02-16-2013, 06:43 PM
This might sound weird but i like to listen to war while i commit digital homicide or the darkness.

Jaden Cain
02-16-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm gonna plug my band Shadow Of Silence. I'll throw in some Godsmack and Disturbed too.

ghostxtermanator
02-16-2013, 10:22 PM
I will listen to Preacher the song from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpB4qpu558g its a great song and I would also listen to other post apocalyptic songs or johnny cash something depressing to make it feel desperate during ark fall events or you can catch me listening to the humbling river http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LALfYOMk6c I just love those types of songs!

Yooji
02-17-2013, 12:24 AM
sometimes I just go with the carpenters. Puts a smile on my face every time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFx-5PGLgb4

Twarrior
02-17-2013, 03:46 AM
Whatever the game soundtrack is. What's the point of playing a multi-million dollar game if you're not going to listen to in-game music, discussions, team communication or details of the game?

SteelDusk
02-17-2013, 10:04 AM
During battles I usually turn the music off, but when I'm checking my stats and EGO skills I listen to Frank klepacki's music.

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFsnPQ0xUr0&list=FLOHe_1IXxrulqX5XP3EFiKA&index=25

Dekar
02-18-2013, 10:31 PM
I know the setting isn't QUITE right, but any near post apocalypse can benefit from some NiN Year Zero. I bet Atticus Ross' score for Book of Eli would be excellent, and if you want a slightly lighter mood the Bastion score is AMAZING.

TurkeyDinner
02-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Machinae Supremacy
ReD
Likin Park (if im angsty)
Demon Hunter
System of a Down
Gorillaz
Deadmau5
Skrillex
Omnitica
KlayPex
FantomenK
Daft Punk
Frank Klepacki
Atlas Plug (Tom Salta)
Wham!

Harcon
02-19-2013, 05:37 PM
nothing but some good old rhythm and blues

Grey
02-19-2013, 09:56 PM
nothing but some good old rhythm and blues

You can take me out to the black.....

god do I miss Firefly :/

D351
02-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Negativland, NIN, HTDA, Against Me!, Bad Religion,Chumbawamba, KMFDM,... whatever any of this brings up on pandora... plus some chiptunes and dubstep.

Grey
02-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Negativland, NIN, HTDA, Against Me!, Bad Religion,Chumbawamba, KMFDM,... whatever any of this brings up on pandora... plus some chiptunes and dubstep.

O_o dang well then it was all good then u had to put dubstep

D351
02-23-2013, 03:38 PM
O_o dang well then it was all good then u had to put dubstep

What kind of dubstep have you heard? There's a huge difference between Jamaican, British, and American dubstep.

Chirimo
02-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Requiem For A Dream
and songs by Avenged Sevenfold

Desidus
02-23-2013, 10:23 PM
probably a little Rage against the machine and techno/electronica and this and that..

Duskguy
02-26-2013, 07:26 AM
Why is it that people think they need to get rid of all ingame sounds to listen to music? I play music in the background with game sounds turned up, just the game music turned down.

Assuming the ingame music isnt to my liking, ill be playing all sorts of music i think will go with the game. I'll post my list later after i get done with college classes for the day

Desidus
02-26-2013, 07:31 AM
Why is it that people think they need to get rid of all ingame sounds to listen to music? I play music in the background with game sounds turned up, just the game music turned down.

Assuming the ingame music isnt to my liking, ill be playing all sorts of music i think will go with the game. I'll post my list later after i get done with college classes for the day

Who said I was going to get rid of ingame sounds.. I found out long ago when you play without ingame sounds you do a lot worse in pvp... and probably in pve as well I would imagine.

I plan on doing the same, actually I am lazy and once I am in the game I barely even hear music so I probably will just listen to what the game offers... but eventually I will get bored/annoyed with it and then I will put some other music on.

TR GunPlay
02-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Datsik
Laidback Luke
Five Finger Deathpunch

Duskguy
02-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Who said I was going to get rid of ingame sounds.. I found out long ago when you play without ingame sounds you do a lot worse in pvp... and probably in pve as well I would imagine.

I plan on doing the same, actually I am lazy and once I am in the game I barely even hear music so I probably will just listen to what the game offers... but eventually I will get bored/annoyed with it and then I will put some other music on.

Not you but a few people seemed to assume you sacrifice cut scene sounds and such when listening to music. Now i havent played my xbox in a few months but i was sure that in game sounds remained and only the music was overlapped.

Being on PC i can simply run them over each other and set volumes of each without shutting one off at all. Though i am certain on the xbox at least that the game music and in some cases sfx get over written by playing music from the HD. Simple solution... play music from a CD player or MP3 player hooked to speakers.

And god is it a pain to use forums from a phone

Harcon
02-26-2013, 01:14 PM
You can take me out to the black.....

god do I miss Firefly :/

*sniffs* some days are better than others :(

Ollam
02-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Watching the videos of the gameplay on ign and the various pvp bits. I couldn't help but hear Short Change Hero running through my head.

Duskguy
02-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Artist -> Songs

Drowning Pool -> One Finger and a fist, Man without fear, Bodies
Saliva -> click click boom
Exodus -> Last act of defiance
Kataklysm -> Slither
Death Angel -> Devil Incarnate
Raunchy -> Watch Out
Queens of the stone age -> Millionaire
Fort Minor -> Remember the name
Soil -> Redefine, Remember
Shinedown -> sin with a grin, enemies
Start Trouble -> Move B**ch
House of Pain -> Jump around
Ozzy Osbourn -> I
Johnny Cash -> I walk the line, Ring of fire
Rob Zombie -> Warzone, Never gonna stop, More human than a human, Dragula, Superbeast, the scorpion sleeps
Ensiferum -> (a few songs to be decided)
Kamlah -> (a few songs to be decided)
Wolfchant -> (a few songs to be decided)

will probably be a whole bunch more as i've only skimmed my library so far, and the game will last a while so.... yeah i wont constantly update this, but i have a running list going lol

A s0t
02-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Dethklok
[adult swim]

misterwr0ng
03-30-2013, 01:47 AM
System 7
Oood
Blue Planet Corp.
Psychosonic

basically, anything that's loud, fast and twisted

Rush
03-30-2013, 02:39 AM
KTAM RADIO, our Defiance Radio station, IN and OUT of game? Sounds about right. Link is in my sig :)

Aeekto
03-30-2013, 02:47 AM
d'n'b all over the place like "B-Complex - Beautiful Lies" (one of my fav tracks) :)

SETit_allABLAZE
03-30-2013, 02:47 AM
The new Killswitch Engage album.

Mustaine
03-31-2013, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwhiRv80Dj8&NR=1

Either that or Peace Sells, but Who's Buying?!

Duskky
05-10-2013, 02:10 PM
My ritual spell is effective !

SWFTWLF
05-10-2013, 02:48 PM
I'll have to upload a playlist/setlist I built just for this game, but I haven't finished remixing one song or recording the other...

Basically it's a lot of instrumentals, covers, hippity-hop, tech-themed animu songs, and "modern" Juno Reactor - less Mortal Kombat, more Texnolyze.

Here's a few examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vshDh8OldZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RzHFd--UW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTY_UKnXd50