PDA

View Full Version : TRION COM ON ! Defiance on ORIGINE but not on Steam WTH ?

Stew360
02-16-2013, 05:21 AM
What in the hell is wrong with trion ?

Origin is the most forced and anoying thing ever , the interface is poor the options are laking and also , you are limited to install and uninstall your game no more than 5 time if not youll have to rebuy your games , Silly politics bad custumers services , poor interface

I simply Hate origine and i dont plan to buy any more game on this medium

Defiance on Origine Defiance on greenman gaming But not on steam

Please i dont get it i seriously dont get it

I already pre order defiance on GMG but still WOW i cant beleive this , Steam is by far the best platform and community services out there , origine is by far the worst

Xannidel
02-16-2013, 05:25 AM
At least it will not be for GFWL.

Also are you not preordering the game?

StarFire
02-16-2013, 05:27 AM
legal disputes and the steam community have to vote for the game to be available on steam, raise this issue on the steam forums

Stew360
02-16-2013, 05:31 AM
legal disputes and the steam community have to vote for the game to be available on steam, raise this issue on the steam forums

Actually for a game like defiance its not the case , Trion as to make it happen not us , the Greenligth thing is mostly for Indy games thats want to be on steam , trion isnt a indy devs and defiance far to be a indy game

I already try to put up this thing on steam and moderator from the forums close these kind of tread since it dosent matters Trion as to make it happen

I cant beleive they have made some sort of arrangement with EA and origine to make it exclusive or something on origine by exclusive i mean boycotting steam

If its the case this is by far the worst buisness choice they could have made , especially with the steam box incoming the new linux suport and all the steam lovers who HATE the origine crap ...

Fiancee
02-16-2013, 05:33 AM
Give it some time, Steam isnt any kind of small crappy online store anymore, actually its damn busy over there currently. It took about 3 week for TSW to get on Steam.

KingMike
02-16-2013, 05:42 AM
I'm more of an old school guy, if i cant touch it then i dont own it ;) Physical copy is the way to go.

-M

Elder
02-16-2013, 06:23 AM
I'm more of an old school guy, if i cant touch it then i dont own it ;) Physical copy is the way to go.

-M

^^ This, besides nothing more satisfying then opening a new game and just smelling that new game smell, gets me everytime

Aaricane
02-16-2013, 06:52 AM
People are seriously still on thia Steam issue?

rathb18
02-16-2013, 06:57 AM
^^ This, besides nothing more satisfying then opening a new game and just smelling that new game smell, gets me everytime

Yeah but with digital copies you don't have to worry about forgetting your copy at your home, you don't have to worry about the disc not working when its scratched, you don't have to worry about losing it or breaking it or it getting broken by a friend or family member. Digital is the way to go which is why most games anymore don't have physical copies anymore it's all digital. The only thing they need to fix now is price since a digital copy should be at least $10-20 cheaper than physical.

Dead_Phoenix
02-16-2013, 07:47 AM
Yeah but with digital copies you don't have to worry about forgetting your copy at your home, you don't have to worry about the disc not working when its scratched, you don't have to worry about losing it or breaking it or it getting broken by a friend or family member.

i agree with these possibiltys, however in the 15+ years of gaming iv never had any of them actually happen to me.

im still a physical edition guy, always have always will be until completly forced to otherwise

Dead_Phoenix
02-16-2013, 07:47 AM
People are seriously still on thia Steam issue?

we did nearly have a full week wthout yet another thread about it. nearly

NomadUK
02-16-2013, 08:24 AM
I have phisical copies of games going back to my first (Horde/(Journeyman Project) I have phisical products for most. Steam allows me to own the phisical copy and download it if i need to. IE (STO, X3, Skyrim, Fallout etc) im not keen on origin as it seems to slow my computer right down hence not playing SWTOR as much now. BF3 and MOH are also origin only and I dont play those as often either.

steam is good for updates, development tools, user created maps etc.. I think due to the gaming market for PC's declining Digital Download is going to be the future. afterall most game retailers have 1 shelf for PC and rows and rows for xbox/playstation...

eitherway.. I will play defiance on what ever medium they choose.. I went back to sky! even though I am still stuck in a contract to BT for BT vision lol...

Halcyon
02-16-2013, 09:00 AM
From what I've seen the game uses a launcher so you wouldn't even need a third party client.

mr_mover34
02-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Who cares. If you don't want to buy a game because it isn't on some third party software play something else.

ItISLupus
02-16-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't think Trion have said whether the distribution plans for digital were finalized yet.

I don't like EA, they've started a bad trend of "oh you bought this game 2 years after release when the player base is dwindling, let's charge you 20 bucks to play with people"

Myll_Erik
02-16-2013, 11:42 AM
We have not announced any details yet on how we'll be distributing the digital version of the game - including origin or steam.

nitroz76
02-16-2013, 11:43 AM
We have not announced any details yet on how we'll be distributing the digital version of the game - including origin or steam.

Origin would like to disagree.
http://store.origin.com/store?Action=pd&Locale=en_US&SiteID=ea&easid=Origin_DEFIANCE_Web_Hero_BuyNow&productID=265389800

dstrollo360
02-16-2013, 11:48 AM
I believe they sell the PC physical version too, so that could be a good substitution :D

nitroz76
02-16-2013, 11:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIP73xIAPLU

NomadUK
02-16-2013, 11:56 AM
lol.. nuff said

Taaltos
02-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Rift is one Steam. Defiance should be at some point too.

Mr666
02-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Ok I'm confused of why it has to be on steam? If you like the game why now buy it from trionworlds.com?

Stew360
02-16-2013, 12:36 PM

its already on sales on Origin http://store.origin.com/store?Action=pd&Locale=en_US&SiteID=ea&easid=Origin_DEFIANCE_Web_Hero_BuyNow&productID=265389800 and also on GMG for quit a while , so i would like to know is their will be a launch on steam or not ?

because its clear you have launch it on origin wich is a horrible thing to me Origin is Bad :S

Taaltos
02-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Ok I'm confused of why it has to be on steam? If you like the game why now buy it from trionworlds.com?

A lot of times you get special in-game perks and items depending on where you buy it.

Halcyon
02-16-2013, 12:48 PM
A lot of times you get special in-game perks and items depending on where you buy it.

If you need pre-order DLC to buy the game, you probably shouldn't even buy it. Buy it from Trion and support them.. there would be no gains getting it anywhere else than directly from Trion.

Mr666
02-16-2013, 12:50 PM
A lot of times you get special in-game perks and items depending on where you buy it.None of the per-order bonuses are that good in the items and mostly you will toss the item you get in the first few hours of playing. Unless you talking about stuff steam puts in game like hats and stuff but I don't see that happen in this game.

Stew360
02-16-2013, 04:08 PM
None of the per-order bonuses are that good in the items and mostly you will toss the item you get in the first few hours of playing. Unless you talking about stuff steam puts in game like hats and stuff but I don't see that happen in this game.

it dosent matter if their is special gift or not , the thing is steam is the platform of choice with the best and the strongest comunity features , Ea origin is a pale rip off of the steam interface and simply anoye peoples more than anything

Origin as horrifics politics like the download ones you cant download your games install uninstalle more than 5 time , so basically you buy something full price they dont even need to pay to make a DVD or a blue ray they dont need to pay for the shiping retailers etc..etc.. and it their Own services so they pay 0 to distribute their own game only the bandwith but still they limite you to installe and uninstalle your games you ahve pay full price

Ea origine is a crap

Steam is way better in all point of view , so trion should fix this issue and get Defiance on Steam ASAP

Mr666
02-16-2013, 05:29 PM
My point is stew360 that I don't see why not just download from trionworlds.com. I didn't say anything about EA Origin and I don't see how it being Steam will help beside get a weapon your going to toss almost right a way and seeing when your friends get on Steam or off.

Midniteryu
02-16-2013, 05:56 PM
I'll just get it for 360 and call it a day lol.

Taaltos
02-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Just went through a nightmare with Origin. Was trying to play C&C Red Alert 3 with a friend, had to log into origin, then log into yet another EA Account(which I had to create) to be able to play online, then we switched to C&C 4, and had the same issues.

Please, for the love of the Arkfall, get this released on Steam! I'll buy a Founders Collectors Edition, just like I did with End of Nations!

Fiancee
02-17-2013, 08:15 AM

Put a game-banner there and million of people see it in couple days? Hopefully they do that "banner" thing what I know is possible.

mr2bitz
02-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Yeah but with digital copies you don't have to worry about forgetting your copy at your home, you don't have to worry about the disc not working when its scratched, you don't have to worry about losing it or breaking it or it getting broken by a friend or family member. Digital is the way to go which is why most games anymore don't have physical copies anymore it's all digital. The only thing they need to fix now is price since a digital copy should be at least $10-20 cheaper than physical.
oh well when ever i get something digitally there is always a point in the game where it freezes or just breaks. if you want to keep your game from breaking either keep it in the case or in your gaming system, no one really travels and games so its kinda pointless to worrie about forgetting them, i personally don't like digital and if u cant manage all those little problems with a physical copy then your just irresponsible

Wildbill
02-17-2013, 03:11 PM

Ive never had this problem with my physical copies. In the end id rather have something to hold and share.

Stew360
02-18-2013, 02:28 AM
Ive never had this problem with my physical copies. In the end id rather have something to hold and share.

It need to be on Steam period

dahanese
02-18-2013, 03:06 AM
Retailers (in stores and online) are still coming online. Hold on a bit longer - as soon as we have finalized info for any outlet, we'll let you know.

Stew360
02-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Just went through a nightmare with Origin. Was trying to play C&C Red Alert 3 with a friend, had to log into origin, then log into yet another EA Account(which I had to create) to be able to play online, then we switched to C&C 4, and had the same issues.

Please, for the love of the Arkfall, get this released on Steam! I'll buy a Founders Collectors Edition, just like I did with End of Nations!

I feel your pain Origin is a piece of JUNK but try to figure that UPLAY is worst lol , all Devs whould start to think about making Steam a priority on PC exactly like they suport Xbox and PS3 interface ...

Iam sick of all the Steam wannabe (( uplay , microsoft GFW, and Origin )) those are really bad in many ways and force us On pc to creates millions of acconts etc.. + those we already have to do with MMOs etc..

Steam is my favorite platform and i want all my games to be their link to my steam friendlist and having the Steam (invites ) suport etc..

Skysz
02-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Just give it some time and it will make it there..

Stew360
02-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Retailers (in stores and online) are still coming online. Hold on a bit longer - as soon as we have finalized info for any outlet, we'll let you know.

Hope so , because if it does not come on steam many of my friends arent going to get it , ive pre order it already on GMG but ill never buy anything from origin anymore never Ever

Taaltos
02-18-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm a huge Steam fan, and I think that's an understatement as described by the pic.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/lovablejoe/steam.png

Yooji
02-18-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm a huge Steam fan, and I think that's an understatement as described by the pic.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/lovablejoe/steam.png

mother of god .. lol

Dekar
02-18-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm sure they are still in the works with this, but I wanted to leave one more +1 on the whole, It better be Steam thing. Though my concern is.. If I preorder from the site, but REALLY want steam, or maybe steams preorder bonuses are better, I would be kindof SOL huh? Guess I'll just go through the site :/

I SUPPOSE.... I could Preorder, thus making an account and securing a download, then if it comes out for steam, I could buy it there, but gift that new account to a friend to play, and have them just use the regular patcher, and I would use the steam one? *head esplode*

Nervusbreakdown
02-18-2013, 08:29 PM
I thought EA is the publisher for Defiance?

Taaltos
02-18-2013, 08:34 PM
I love games, and I'm frugal. :) Steam has some of the lowest prices ever and support Indie games, a lot of which are better than AAA titles. Tag on about 200-300 for people that I've gifted to. xD

Taaltos
02-18-2013, 08:40 PM

You're kidding right? EA has NOTHING to do with Defiance. EA....Gross. *vomits a little*

Developed and Published by newcomer Trion Worlds (http://trionworlds.com/en/), creators of the amazing MMO Rift (http://www.riftgame.com/en/), western publisher of the upcoming badass FPS Warface (http://www.warface.com/en/), the awesome RTSMMO End of Nations (http://endofnations.com/en/), and the western publisher of the absolutely amazing and innovative ArcheAge MMO (http://www.archeage.com/en).

Yes Trion, I give you a hard time about changes to Rift, but it's only cause I care! Trion Fanboi!

RoadKill
02-18-2013, 08:46 PM
thinks trion worlds is the new blizzard?

Taaltos
02-18-2013, 08:51 PM
I hope not. They've made Rift a bit more casual for 1-50, but, overall, I still think they're pushing the envelope with the games they are Developing and Publishing, just look at ArcheAge, that game is going to be a cash cow for them. As long as they don't let their success go to their heads the way Blizzard did, we're in for some damn good games.

Stew360
02-25-2013, 12:11 AM
STILL NO NEWS OF DEFIANCE ON STEAM HOW SHOKING BUT ITS ON ORIGIN LAME :s

nitroz76
02-25-2013, 04:36 AM

This thought makes me want to kill myself.

Vercilles
02-25-2013, 04:46 AM
oh well when ever i get something digitally there is always a point in the game where it freezes or just breaks. if you want to keep your game from breaking either keep it in the case or in your gaming system, no one really travels and games so its kinda pointless to worrie about forgetting them, i personally don't like digital and if u cant manage all those little problems with a physical copy then your just irresponsible

I travel 300+ days a year with my job so I do travel and game (in fact i am literally a thousand miles from home while writing this post). Although I always have a backup digital copy of all my games.

MOnte
02-25-2013, 06:16 AM
To be honest, I think it should be on both. Though I dislike both of them. I will always by from the publisher themselves than from on of those if I can. I only use those (forced client) downloads when I have too.

Fiancee
02-25-2013, 06:35 AM

No, Origin is just EA's shop, if its there it doesnt mean EA publish it. Typical ****-move by EA it isnt even on the frontpage.

JohnMcClane
02-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Steam is notorious slow that could be the problem ?

I am going UE but if i would go digital the obvious choice would be the best way to support the game ....

SuperBeast
02-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Give it some time, Steam isnt any kind of small crappy online store anymore, actually its damn busy over there currently. It took about 3 week for TSW to get on Steam.

if its on Origin it wont be on Steam at least for the first year i bet just because they are competitors.

rathb18
02-25-2013, 07:59 AM
Who cares? Both steam and origin are great clients I have and use both and they do what there suppose to and if you really what the game on steam than just link it with steam. Why can't you just be glad its not only on games for windows live?

D351
02-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Who cares? Both steam and origin are great clients I have and use both and they do what there suppose to and if you really what the game on steam than just link it with steam. Why can't you just be glad its not only on games for windows live?

Both are unnecessary crap wasting cycles while you game.

rathb18
02-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Both are unnecessary crap wasting cycles while you game.

How exactly? Steam when playing games uses 0%cpu and maybe 25mb of ram so unless your computer is from the late 90s it's not going to effect your computer speed at all. Considering even cheap crappy computers today start at about 4GB of ram and at least a dual core.

Fiancee
02-25-2013, 09:03 AM
if its on Origin it wont be on Steam at least for the first year i bet just because they are competitors.

Well, Rift is on both, TSW is on both. Actually Steam is light year ahead of Origin. EA needs to suck it up, just recently they ganged up with Ubisoft (uplay..) I wish Blizzard made own shop, just to kill Origin. I'd love to see EA crawling..

Stew360
02-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Still no defiance on steam still no news about it ...

Stew360
02-27-2013, 12:02 AM

No origine is the worst thing ever done , you know thats you are allowed to download you game client 5 time ? so if you uninstall et reinstall 5 time for the 6 one your screw

thats EA and origine crap

On steam you can uninstall and reinstall your game as much as you want you have pay for those those are yours and your not limited to anything like EA does secretly in tiny caracter

ORIGIN is a piece of crap they try to copy steam and they fail at it steam client is 100000 time better than origine much more comunity driver and way better in any ways