PDA

View Full Version : 2 devs for trion?

doctordabs
12-04-2015, 04:32 AM
Just rashere and Destro?

Does trion really only have 2 devs for defiance?
Also.. Kiwibird is missed.

Ocho seems like he can't be bothered with Defiance...

Does the defiance account even have more than 3 dedicated people?

Re3evolution
12-04-2015, 04:41 AM
I haven't seen any dev in over 2 years. and that last thread i made they didn't bother to answer my questions. i also got a warning because of it. so i pretty much just gave up now asking this company anything.

IMO i think the game will get shut down within the next 2 years, so enjoy it while its here i guess lol. I'm done wasting my time trying trying to talk to whoever the devs are, or making suggestions to improved the game. they don't seem to care. Done posting on the forums as well. i will install the game sometime next year just for pve solo stuff. Peace :)

Altras
12-04-2015, 05:52 AM
A lot of the devs on defiance team avoid the forums because they dont want to get spammed.

Claydough
12-04-2015, 05:54 AM
rarnok, locarb another two 'engineers'

doctordabs
12-04-2015, 06:10 AM
To the first responder - this is not the place for flaming. I was asking a general question with a finite answer. There are already more than enough threads for you to post that kind of rhetoric on.

Claydough - thanks i totally forgot about them.

My posit was actually just that, Altras - Ya never seem to see them on the forums where they'd be visible.
You can lock threads, too.... so once they've posted it wouldn't hurt to lock a thread.
I think i'm just feeling needy today and wanted to know my fav game is still being run by humans....

doctordabs
12-04-2015, 06:12 AM
rarnok, locarb another two 'engineers'

ouch sorry for forgetting you guys, Rarnok and Locarb. now i feel kinda like a jerkface

Bentu
12-04-2015, 06:26 AM
Phantasie.......

Altras
12-04-2015, 07:31 AM
My posit was actually just that, Altras - Ya never seem to see them on the forums where they'd be visible. .

Most of their jobs doesnt require or need forum interaction. From what ive seen, its the project's leader that'll communicate

crazyged
12-04-2015, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I miss Kiwi too!

Come baaaack!

hempman
12-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I miss Kiwi too!

Come baaaack!
Yes!
at least Kiwi Answered the pms.
im still waiting for my community support pm-s to be answered,3 weeks now....?

Olaf
12-04-2015, 09:14 AM
Yes!
at least Kiwi Answered the pms.
im still waiting for my community support pm-s to be answered,3 weeks now....?

Ocho seems cool, just not as dedicated to the forums as Kiwibird, only an observation. Although I wouldn't want to do his job, we are a bunch of whiney sods lol, but it's cos we care I guess.

hempman
12-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Ocho seems cool, just not as dedicated to the forums as Kiwibird, only an observation. Although I wouldn't want to do his job, we are a bunch of whiney sods lol, but it's cos we care I guess.
thats Exactly it Olaf.
sure,we whine/complain n all that,but we Hope that Trion realizes it because we care about the Game,
and want it to Keep going and get Better than it is.

piekster78
12-04-2015, 03:05 PM
I haven't seen any dev in over 2 years. and that last thread i made they didn't bother to answer my questions. i also got a warning because of it. so i pretty much just gave up now asking this company anything.

IMO i think the game will get shut down within the next 2 years, so enjoy it while its here i guess lol. I'm done wasting my time trying trying to talk to whoever the devs are, or making suggestions to improved the game. they don't seem to care. Done posting on the forums as well. i will install the game sometime next year just for pve solo stuff. Peace :)

Based on the tone of most of your posts I've read, I wouldn't respond to you either. Intentional or not, you come across as an entitled jerk.

piekster78
12-04-2015, 03:32 PM

I'd agree. Based on some of the things he has posted, he seems to be focusing heavily on behind the scenes customer support processes (like streamlining giveaway procedure), so he may be more of a "process" than a "people" guy (could be wrong, but since I tend to be that way, myself, it makes sense to me). Kiwi is such a "people" person that we notice the absence.

I do agree that he needs to communicate a bit more, but I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt that he'll figure that out. Most of us would probably look like closet cases after following Kiwi in that job.

irisawifi
12-04-2015, 05:25 PM
I think i'm just feeling needy today and wanted to know my fav game is still being run by humans....

*gropefivey* <3

Destromathe
12-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Defiance is run by humans, for humans! Just because you don't see all of our team on the forums, does not mean they do not exist. We have a passionate team, who is always working to make Defiance better, but keep in mind that interacting with the community is the job of a select few on ALL games, not every single developer. If we were all posting on here, then you would be getting information from way too many sources!

Rest assured that we are here, and I make it a point to have all of the developers on the team read the forums and implement player feedback into their work. So while you may not see them all, I can assure you that they are here and working hard!

Olaf
12-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Defiance is run by humans, for humans! Just because you don't see all of our team on the forums, does not mean they do not exist. We have a passionate team, who is always working to make Defiance better, but keep in mind that interacting with the community is the job of a select few on ALL games, not every single developer. If we were all posting on here, then you would be getting information from way too many sources!

Rest assured that we are here, and I make it a point to have all of the developers on the team read the forums and implement player feedback into their work. So while you may not see them all, I can assure you that they are here and working hard!

Cool, maybe they could take a look at the numerous reports here of auto extractions, for example my last thread which has all the info required.

Ryu Soba JP
12-04-2015, 08:21 PM
I actually haven't played in over a week. I remember when the dev team sai they wanted to be more active on the forums an Kiwibird lived up to that statement. Since she moved over to the other game it seems that most of that communication has dropped. Of course I remember when Phantasie used to post and respond often too.
I don't want to take away from any of the current team but I do have some opinions ive made from observations and that's why I haven't been playing and have stayed away from the forums. This game has a lot of potential and for a long time it was fun. Lately not so much.
In addition, I play on console and the fact that this game causes Hardlocks and hard reboots and the crazy latency I would rather save my ps3. Oh, and I still haven't recieved my trophies. :/

Atticus Batman
12-04-2015, 11:05 PM
I actually haven't played in over a week. I remember when the dev team sai they wanted to be more active on the forums an Kiwibird lived up to that statement. Since she moved over to the other game it seems that most of that communication has dropped. Of course I remember when Phantasie used to post and respond often too.
I don't want to take away from any of the current team but I do have some opinions ive made from observations and that's why I haven't been playing and have stayed away from the forums. This game has a lot of potential and for a long time it was fun. Lately not so much.
In addition, I play on console and the fact that this game causes Hardlocks and hard reboots and the crazy latency I would rather save my ps3. Oh, and I still haven't recieved my trophies. :/

Phantasie seems to have disappeared long ago. :( and Kiwi was never part of the dev team. She, like Scapes and Ocho, are part of the community team. So it is their jobs to be the go to people on the forums that they are assigned to. However it does seem like our community team isn't on as much as they were with Kiwi. However Ocho is still new to Defiance and the Winter holidays are a busy time. So I am hoping that in January/February he will finally have time to get into his groove on the forums. Remember Kiwi was here for over a year and she also took a couple months to actually get as involved as she was.

I am fine that most of the actual devs do not post on the forum. After all the more time they spend on the forums, the less time they have to actually work on their assigned portion of the game.

piekster78
12-05-2015, 03:13 AM
Phantasie seems to have disappeared long ago. :( and Kiwi was never part of the dev team. She, like Scapes and Ocho, are part of the community team. So it is their jobs to be the go to people on the forums that they are assigned to. However it does seem like our community team isn't on as much as they were with Kiwi. However Ocho is still new to Defiance and the Winter holidays are a busy time. So I am hoping that in January/February he will finally have time to get into his groove on the forums. Remember Kiwi was here for over a year and she also took a couple months to actually get as involved as she was.

I am fine that most of the actual devs do not post on the forum. After all the more time they spend on the forums, the less time they have to actually work on their assigned portion of the game.

What I was basically trying to say, but you did a better job.

doctordabs
12-05-2015, 03:37 AM

but it's not every game that a dev personally responds. Thank you destro.
:) much appreciated.

hempman
12-05-2015, 04:49 PM
but it's not every game that a dev personally responds. Thank you destro.
:) much appreciated.
id like to second that as well.
Ty Vm Also to Rashere as well.