PDA

View Full Version : Question about OJ Roll x1.30 Crit Mult in Boomers & Mass Cannons.

Faby
12-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Is good or bad?

SirServed
12-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Is good or bad?
Compared to what?

Mister Ree
12-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Compared to eggnog.

Atticus Batman
12-04-2015, 10:58 PM
I rarely crit with Boomers, so I prefer a damage roll. And Until recently Mass Cannons were best detonated above your targets so Crits almost never happened for me unless I got lucky. So I usually preferred a damage radius roll or damage roll. However I don't use explosive weapons that often, so for me it is just a personal preference and I do not know what others think the best rolls for those guns are.

Skiller115
12-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Is good or bad?

Crit is nearly useless on a mass cannon (because its bomblets work like a ground pounder) for boomers crit does work on humanoid targets including afflicted and scrapper's crit areas. I personally think damage is the most convenient choice, for applying more damage no matter what.

Modarz
12-04-2015, 11:41 PM
I have a OJ crit rolled Mass Cannon I use regularly. Running expert co-ops against mutants raiders hellbugs and scrappers. I rack up crit kills. During HH the regular infected at the minor arks(solo and during majors) were desimated by crit kills.

Personally I like it, but it is the only OJ Mass Cannon I've used.

Kuroro
12-05-2015, 12:01 AM
i have 2 supremes big boomers,both have t5 crit,i think that dmg radius is the best t5 you can get if you use it for pvp,crit is...well in pvp i do crit 1-10 times,in pve maybe 7/10,and t5 reload is nice for pve,but why would i use big boomer for pve having dc8,ps matchlock boomer and a beastly mass cannon?so its up on what you do with the boomer

Skiller115
12-05-2015, 12:19 AM
I have a OJ crit rolled Mass Cannon I use regularly. Running expert co-ops against mutants raiders hellbugs and scrappers. I rack up crit kills. During HH the regular infected at the minor arks(solo and during majors) were desimated by crit kills.

Personally I like it, but it is the only OJ Mass Cannon I've used.

It only "counts" as a crit kill because you got a critical hit before you killed the target. The majority of your total damage is in the bomblets. Just because you got a critical kill does not mean the majority of your damage came from critical hits.

Mister Ree
12-05-2015, 01:19 AM
Actually I've been using a mass cannon on one of my little toons and the secondary explosions seem to be critting quite often.

Faby
12-05-2015, 09:09 AM
I have a Vot mass cannon with oj Crit.. Is a good weapon for PvE. Rerolled to dmg o FRD?

hempman
12-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Actually I've been using a mass cannon on one of my little toons and the secondary explosions seem to be critting quite often.

exactly.
i jumped into a coop last nite and was late to the party.
by the time we were done,i came out on top with 118 kills,
during which it was killing them so fast all you can hear is a pacman sound as the crit hits and chain kills popup....

to the Op,i would go for Damage roll on the oj roll.
my personal preference and i have a bunch of these w other oj rolls.

Modarz
12-05-2015, 11:21 AM
All my crit kills come from the secondary grenades and I always launch both rounds together. Think I only have a T3 damage barrel equipped. When I supreme it I'll be looking for supreme damage. Currently only has a white damage roll.

WhiteStrike
12-05-2015, 12:44 PM
Is good or bad?

Only if you are a good shot and/or have a Full Damage Radius roll in your weapon as well.

Crack
12-05-2015, 02:52 PM

What you are seeing from the bomblets are not crits, you are just seeing the max/min dmg numbers...some large, some small. Only the initial projectile can crit.

Branded
12-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Great info. Have a few det, mass cannons w/oj crit and wondered myself. So its OK 2 have as long as u have full damage radius as well. For instance; vel/dam/full radius/egoreload/critx . since there isn't many other good rolls. This is a descent roll group.

Faby
12-09-2015, 01:57 PM
My Mass Cannon qm with Mag/Velocity/Reload/heal dmg/fire rate (rerolled) xp Velocity. No dmg on rolls but its very fast.