PDA

View Full Version : Another gamestop problem.

dreminon
02-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Ok just ordered my Defiance Digital Deluxe Edition. got home looked at it to see the sweet gear ill be getting then noticed a problem. It has me only getting 7-Day scrip boost 7-Day XP boost instead of the 30 day bonuses. just wanting to find out if that is correct if so ill return it and just order from Trion. but was kinda wanting the sporeshot it looks cool. only reason I went with them. please help me lance your my only hope. lmao.

Halcyon
02-16-2013, 01:14 PM
It doesn't make any sense having only 7-day boosters. I'm pretty sure it has been stated that it's mislabeled from the collector's edition.

Also, when you get the digital versions, I believe you get your activation key immediately. When I bought my digital deluxe from amazon I was able to redeem my key for the game and preorder bonuses.

dreminon
02-16-2013, 01:21 PM
I kinda figured that. since they said the extra boost time was to offset the cost of the stuff we don't get where it is a digital download. just got alittle scared when it don't match up.

Mr666
02-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Ok just ordered my Defiance Digital Deluxe Edition. got home looked at it to see the sweet gear ill be getting then noticed a problem. It has me only getting 7-Day scrip boost – 7-Day XP boost – instead of the 30 day bonuses. just wanting to find out if that is correct if so ill return it and just order from Trion. but was kinda wanting the sporeshot it looks cool. only reason I went with them. please help me lance your my only hope. lmao.I would say some new guy mess up and not you have to kill them. Most people who work at gamestop suck but you got your good guys that fix all your problems.

Halcyon
02-16-2013, 01:30 PM
I kinda figured that. since they said the extra boost time was to offset the cost of the stuff we don't get where it is a digital download. just got alittle scared when it don't match up.

If Trion pulled that crap, they would go down the drain very fast. Having 7-day boosters and a couple random items doesn't offset $40

Amazon lists that you would get this:

UPGRADE TO RECEIVE DELUXE EDITION ITEMS
Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
Hydra Heavy Weapon
VBI Sentinel Shield
7 Day Scrip Boost
7 Day XP Boost Lock Box
+5 Inventory
In-Game Title: Badlands Drifter

But, that doesn't equate to $40.. the 30-day boosts do. I seriously doubt Trion can advertise the digital deluxe on their site as having 30-day boosts and listing retailers that don't get those. It's misleading and false marketing, they would get in trouble for that. If someone can verify, when I activated my cd key I remember it just saying Digital Deluxe, so I don't think the keys differ from place to place. The only difference is the preorder bonus key which was labeled as being from Amazon.

TurkeyDinner
02-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Before I pre-ordered my copy I had noticed this. What I noticed is the digital copies of the game will come with 30 day xp boosts, but the hard disc copies only get 7 day boosts. I i figured it had something to do with the extra real life swag you get with the hard copies.

Hiero Glyph
02-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Before I pre-ordered my copy I had noticed this. What I noticed is the digital copies of the game will come with 30 day xp boosts, but the hard disc copies only get 7 day boosts. I i figured it had something to do with the extra real life swag you get with the hard copies.

Sadly, many console players would rather have the additional 23 days of bonuses, instead of the real life items. However, it simply is not an option for us and seems to be a gross oversight on the part of Trion. Needless to say, I dislike promotional 'junk' so much that I will likely purchase the standard edition just to avoid it.

D351
02-16-2013, 01:44 PM
This forum's got 99 problems and at least 99 of them are gamestop... lol

Valethar
02-16-2013, 02:20 PM
I seriously doubt Trion can advertise the digital deluxe on their site as having 30-day boosts and listing retailers that don't get those. It's misleading and false marketing, they would get in trouble for that.

I'm leaning towards GameStop having another one of their famous brain fart moments again.

LordofGallifrey
02-16-2013, 02:34 PM
I'll go in to Gamestop later and talk to my manager about this. But seriously, if Trion says they're giving you something, then chances are that you'll get it since retailers have no power over what they put in the box. (And this is why I get physical copies, no digital magic cloud storage device for my games).

Grey
02-16-2013, 02:44 PM
I honestly could care less about an exp boost, I don't need one, it's like the guys who had double xp from mountain in halo 4and got to like lvl 130 in a day and they suck, who cares if some other players get a few extra levels, plus it's only the digital ones and I'm the kinda guy who likes having the game in hand not a digital which can f***k up because of bad codes or some stupid crap with credit cards and bla bla bla point is, I'm getting the Ultimate Edition from Lamestop and I'd rather get it from Lamestop then Amazon who always delievers my packages late or Best Buy who hires some of the stupid stuck up folks ever, really who cares about more xp your gonna have fun either way

Halcyon
02-16-2013, 03:28 PM
I honestly could care less about an exp boost, I don't need one, it's like the guys who had double xp from mountain in halo 4and got to like lvl 130 in a day and they suck, who cares if some other players get a few extra levels, plus it's only the digital ones and I'm the kinda guy who likes having the game in hand not a digital which can f***k up because of bad codes or some stupid crap with credit cards and bla bla bla point is, I'm getting the Ultimate Edition from Lamestop and I'd rather get it from Lamestop then Amazon who always delievers my packages late or Best Buy who hires some of the stupid stuck up folks ever, really who cares about more xp your gonna have fun either way

The point to the digital edition is getting it instantly without having to worry about that crap. We are concerned about the 30-day boosts because of the fact that it's supposed to make up for the lack of physical merchandise. If you get the 7-day boosts instead of the 30-day it makes getting the digital version absolutely dumb in comparison to the physical collector's edition which is priced the same.

Grey
02-16-2013, 03:39 PM
The point to the digital edition is getting it instantly without having to worry about that crap. We are concerned about the 30-day boosts because of the fact that it's supposed to make up for the lack of physical merchandise. If you get the 7-day boosts instead of the 30-day it makes getting the digital version absolutely dumb in comparison to the physical collector's edition which is priced the same.

Why not get the physical edition then? and really it's just exp lol

lPATT
02-16-2013, 04:07 PM

and 30 day scrip boost =P

Bornhald
02-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Just to add, in terms of offsetting the cost of not getting the physical stuff, the statue alone is worth at least 20$ (probably more).

Hiero Glyph
02-16-2013, 04:41 PM

First, you couldn't care less.

Second, the point of a digital release is that you can download it at 12:00am on the day of release without needing to go anywhere or wait for delivery. The fact that this is bundled with a 30-day bonus is just an extra incentive for the higher cost version.

Third, the digital version is not available to console players so the only way to get other in-game bonuses is to purchase a version with physical promotional items, which some of us do not want.

Halcyon
02-16-2013, 04:47 PM

These are the items that are unique to the seperate editions.

Collector's Edition
Collector's Box
2 postcards
DEFI Stickers
The Art of Defiance Art Book
Limited Edition Hellbug Figurine
VBI Ark Hunter Contract
Bonus DVD
Defiance Digital Soundtrack
7-Day XP Boost
7-Day Scrip Boost
Exclusive in-game title: Badlands Drifter

Digital Deluxe Edition
30-Day XP Boost
30-Day Scrip Boost
Unique Vehicle Color <-- I believe it only applies to the starter vehicle you get.

-------

So here are the items that are worth something to me and what you end up paying from my perspective. This is obviously heavily opinionated.

Collector's Edition - $99.99 -- Not including $10 one day shipping if you plan on getting it before release
Game -- ~ -- $60
The Art of Defiance Art Book -- 25% -- $10
Limited Edition Hellbug Figurine -- 40% -- $16
Defiance Digital Soundtrack -- 15% -- $6
7-Day XP Boost -- 10% -- $4
7-Day Scrip Boost -- 10% -- $4

Digital Deluxe Edition - $99.99
Game -- ~ -- $60
30-Day XP Boost -- 45% -- $18
30-Day Scrip Boost -- 45% -- $18
Unique Vehicle Color -- 10% -- $4

-----

This may seem bad in comparasion. But, I bought the digital deluxe because I wanted more money in-game and a faster leveling effect.

If you were getting something like a Von Bach t-shirt I would of bought the collector's edition instead, because that's awesome. It's only a pity that the t-shirt that came in my Von Bach fan kit was a large which doesn't fit me. I'm going to sell the shirt (http://imgur.com/a/uZqdF) soon on Ebay along with the watch (http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/kisai/seven/) so one of you guys can wear them and get more use out of them. If you are interested, look out for it next week, it could go cheap.