PDA

View Full Version : The Abominable Warmaster! Thanks Devs!

Ray8888
12-06-2015, 02:54 PM
I may not personally like most of the weapons and the syn seems to benefit shottys and RLs but they definitely listened to us on this one. The Abominable Warmaster looks awesome and with Mazu and Courrier JPs, bringing back the SWAM name, unique skins... these are all things a lot of us have been asking for for a long time. I know I can be a sarcastic jerkface when stuff is broken but Christmas looks fun this year.

EDIT - anyone else pick up on Ochos frustration with the time trials on this livestream? And the subtle hint that it might go away?

Dragon06
12-06-2015, 03:32 PM
I got that sense from him about the time trials as well. They are the only thing holding me back from 6000. Cant seem to silver on two of the them, and barely silvered on the others, gold is well, not for me. Hoping they do go away and replaced by something else more reasonable. Or add another pursuit to allow the not so good drivers a means to get to 6000.

DEATHBRINGER210
12-06-2015, 03:36 PM
times trials are here to stay and hot shots too. f2p players already have it so easy

Warhorse1000
12-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Not sure what the big deal is about time trials. Got 'em all over a year ago...you just have to keep trying. Yes, the vehicle physics engine in this game is screwed, but that's not news. There's a lotta things been screwed since launch, and now that the show is canceled, interest will wane further and word of mouth will eventually drop the player population to an un-economic level for Trion.

Hey Trion! Getting it right on the first try means never having to say you're sorry!

r1p
12-06-2015, 04:48 PM
times trials are here to stay and hot shots too. f2p players already have it so easy

I have always found it difficult to complete the races because at some point the rings fail to appear due to lag. I finally just gave up. I also didn't bother doing any of the activities that are in the same pursuit as a race, because why bother?

Olaf
12-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Wait so some people want them to REMOVE content? Hmm ok then lol... Thought we were pushing for ADDED content.

Hunter0
12-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Skins are not unique !

Deto is almost like : http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/3089.jpg

Mazu and some other weaps are almost like : http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/1975.jpg

And, do ppl even play on PTS? whenever i login, i don't see any 1 at all? And i have not seen any event as well ! it's so empty! Seems like a waste of time and space. I don't play on PC btw, just downloaded it to play on PTS server.

Chump Norris
12-06-2015, 05:17 PM
I would hate to see them remove or replace something people worked to accomplish, they should add to what we have so people have more options to level up.

Skins are not unique !

Deto is almost like : http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/3089.jpg

Mazu and some other weaps are almost like : http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/1975.jpg

And, do ppl even play on PTS? whenever i login, i don't see any 1 at all? And i have not seen any event as well ! it's so empty! Seems like a waste of time and space. I don't play on PC btw, just downloaded it to play on PTS server.

I only test things like upgrades/rerolls and a new synergy here and there, I play on live where my pulls and effort matters.

Hunter0
12-06-2015, 05:24 PM
I only test things like upgrades/rerolls and a new synergy here and there, I play on live where my pulls and effort matters.

Right, oh well 1 week left, will focus on pulling JPs from Live Servers.

PTR47
12-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Wait so some people want them to REMOVE content? Hmm ok then lol... Thought we were pushing for ADDED content.

Yes, remove them, or extend the timers by 20+ seconds. They're not clever, fun, or interesting.

DEATHBRINGER210
12-06-2015, 05:37 PM
lots of people have done them. alot of 6k ego ark hunters on na ps3

Olaf
12-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Yes, remove them, or extend the timers by 20+ seconds. They're not clever, fun, or interesting.

Removing content just because a few people can't hit 6k cos of them isn't good enough reason. There are plenty of 6k ego players who did do them even though they may not have enjoyed or found them clever.

PTR47
12-06-2015, 05:45 PM

It's true. I got 'em many months ago. Got 'em done man?

The fact that others have, or have not, completed them makes absolutely no difference in my day-to-day, but they're really bad content and the number of people who stay playing DOES affect my ultimate enjoyment.

Chump Norris
12-06-2015, 05:53 PM
I don't feel like playing pvp or expos can we get those pursuits removed as well? I read another thread that said people don't like having to get 5k bolt action kills so those should be removed....there are people that want to play solo so lets scrap co-op pursuits while we're at it. Is there anything else people don't want to do so we can scrap it instead of just adding more options?

Hunter0
12-06-2015, 05:58 PM
I don't feel like playing pvp or expos can we get those pursuits removed as well? I read another thread that said people don't like having to get 5k bolt action kills so those should be removed....there are people that want to play solo so lets scrap co-op pursuits while we're at it. Is there anything else people don't want to do so we can scrap it instead of just adding more options?

i've got 1k kills, 4ks to go grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Just want the outfit : ]

PTR47
12-06-2015, 06:35 PM
If there was a random, bug ridden, and twitchy game of dance dance revolution or something in the game that did nothing but frustrated players and destroyed immersion, I'd say remove that also.

r1p
12-06-2015, 07:56 PM

I wouldn't complain if they removed PvP. It's the vocal minority of people that play PvP that get our weapons nerfed.

piekster78
12-06-2015, 07:57 PM
My take from Ocho's comment is they are working on a way to allow players to get a few more levels here and there from things they are good at to compensate for things they suck at. Like has been posted, different people can't max for different reasons. Personally, I can't, because I suck at pvp. Honestly, I'm actually ok with being ~5700. I don't lose any sleep over those last few hundred levels. Maybe they'll make it so you can squeeze a few hundred more levels from kill exp, or add a few more pursuits to pad the list. Those are my guess anyway. so it would be something like you have 6500 or 7000 possible levels to get to 6000, and anything you get after 6000 gives you nothing....something like that. They have to be careful not to have too many extra credit ways to max out, or it becomes another meaningless thing. Maxing out still needs to mean something.

Really looking forward to the Christmas weapons. I loved the Mazu when I first started playing, but went away from it when it couldn't keep up with some of the other ARs. I'm pretty meh on the nomad, but then again, I'm not much of a smg guy.

Fallen_Aingeal
12-06-2015, 09:15 PM
This will go against what I have stated in the past;

Go ahead and do away with the things ppl don't want to do to reach 6k.

However.

Create content for those of us that did complete everything the way it was originally slated that only we can participate in. No inviting lessor levels. No inviting a 6k that didn't "earn" it.

Also, make the rewards for this content more rewarding.

Give and take. I fully agree, only if it's implemented with a way to reward those of us that went through the rigmarole way of leveling.

My 2 cents

Mister Ree
12-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Just finishing up golding time trials on my third toon. I don't see the issue with them? Eventually all six of my toons will have golds. Tyey really aren't difficult.

Here's some tips that I follow each time I get around to time trials.

Use a hannibal 800 for a few days prior if you haven't drove one in a while. This way you can adjust to the controls in your own time.

Get runners to level 20 if you haven't already. This will give minor boosts to runner performance and help out.

Find an extraction point close to the race you want to do then reload. Very important tip, this will temporarily remove lag for at least one time trial. (I can usually do three on one reload but thats me and my Internet).

Do a few practice laps, get a feel for the course and any obstacles along the route. Not necessary but can help.

When racing, boost on straights.. very obvious, some ring markers will refill your boost also meaning you can boost for longer. But don't be afraid to brake! Its just as important and the time you lose trying to wing it round a corner full speed does you more harm than good.

Don't look at the timer, this may sound silly but in my early attempts at time trials doing this was just a cause for frustration.

Watch the route in front of you. This is top priority and the only time your eyes should be elsewhere is when you're approaching a blind turn and need to glance at your mini map to see the next ring location.

Other things that help greatly include having a wired connection. Wireless causes too much lag and this will remedy many issues other than time trials. Also, if your connection in general is not great reset your internet router beforehand to help you out a lil more.

Oh, and stay chill. Its only a game.

Hope that helps, and for the record I'm against time trial removal. They only take an hour or two for me to do and I have breaks in between races etc so its hardly rushed.

Mister Ree
12-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Also turning off zone chat could help. Idk about other platforms/regions but I'm sure zone chat is the cause for the horrendous lag spikes on ps3 eu that leave whole phases stuck in a "running on the spot" loop for 10 seconds at a time.

A_D3MON
12-06-2015, 11:08 PM
I wouldn't complain if they removed PvP. It's the vocal minority of people that play PvP that get our weapons nerfed.

Or set it up where there's a free play pvp (where there r no restrictions) and a preset pvp (one with set loadouts and perks) so that way the ones who play only pvp can stay in free play and the pple trying to grind the pursuits can do the preset without having to worry bout (this part is partially opinionated) overpowered explosive weaponry being used at the spawn point just as they spawn... Two birds one stone bcuz then the pple calling for nerfs culd b told by the devs "well u just gotta learn mechanics as the weapons work well n the other parts of the game so there is no need to nerf them just for pvp"

PTR47
12-06-2015, 11:53 PM
I can't help but feel that the Time Trials comments are directed at me now. They may not be. if they are:

I've done them. I've completed all of them. I don't need tips. What remains is that they are a recreation of the chief mechanic of one of the ****tiest games ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi5wFq34ATg

There is no redeeming this. It's a twitchy, bug-ridden rip-off of one of the worst game mechanics ever. It has nothing to do with the game, doesn't advance the game, and doesn't serve any purpose. I don't care if you can beat Superman 64. It has NO effect on the game, doesn't make you a good player, and is incredibly meaningless.

It's bad. It's SOOOOO bad. The only reason people care is because they've finished it. NOBODY CARES.

SirServed
12-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Hey, I remember Superman 64! In regards to Time Trials, they were easy as hell on PC. A lot of people complain about vehicles being hard to control but it feels like controlling my own arms and legs when I drive in Defiance. I've seen what the progress rings do on console and I feel bad for you guys, seriously. I attempted to help my nephew do them on 360 and it wouldn't give credit for driving through the first ring, and that's when it actually managed to spawn him a vehicle at the start of the race.

Mister Ree
12-07-2015, 12:05 AM
Why would you think my tips are aimed at you? They're just general pointers that help dramatically on console versions of the game.

PTR47
12-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Why would you think my tips are aimed at you? They're just general pointers that help dramatically on console versions of the game.

Because I was the only one carrying on.

When I did them, I had to switch my accelerator to the top of the controller (R1) rather than the bottom (R2) because it hurt my hand otherwise. I also turned off all sound.

Cobra Crusher
12-07-2015, 12:11 AM
I golded the time trials on 3 toons. If the ring didn't count when i went through it i just restarted. Takes very lil time to gold them all. I think they should add more time trials :D

Mister Ree
12-07-2015, 12:13 AM
I golded the time trials on 3 toons. If the ring didn't count when i went through it i just restarted. Takes very lil time to gold them all. I think they should add more time trials :D

Yeah I just finished my third toon, gonna move other to number 4 and get all the missions etc out the way then I'll do them again. Lol

Mister Ree
12-07-2015, 12:15 AM
Because I was the only one carrying on.

When I did them, I had to switch my accelerator to the top of the controller (R1) rather than the bottom (R2) because it hurt my hand otherwise. I also turned off all sound.

Well they weren't aimed at anyone specific and its not like I was having a go so you can chill out.

PTR47
12-07-2015, 12:30 AM
Well they weren't aimed at anyone specific and its not like I was having a go so you can chill out.

No, I've always maintained my position. Time Trials is bad content, and Defiance is good content. Time Trials weakens Defiance.

Ditch the loser. People should not be defending bad content just because they don't have to do it anymore.

Nico
12-07-2015, 02:01 AM
Ref to time trials.

Try this :

Settings gfx icon turn off:
MOTION BLUR
BLOOM
SHADOWS

I promise you will see a control difference and will be able to complete most of them if not all of them.

Good luck.

Mayday
12-07-2015, 03:16 AM
The Warmaster event content is a welcome addition, no doubt. Sounds like loads of fun.

Tatianea
12-07-2015, 04:06 AM
I am doing these now and having a blast. I do not see why anyone would want to remove them. I do the ones I have completed just for fun. The same goes for Hotshots and Rampages as well.

As an additional tip:
Keep your wheels on the ground. You cant turn in the air. I try to hit as few jumps/bumps as the course will allow. I know there are place that you must go hurtling through the air. I just prepare myself so I land where I need to in order to hit the next marker.

These are tons of fun.

Can I have more?

crazyged
12-07-2015, 04:10 AM
Man, doesn't anyone want to get to 6k with at least a little bit of a sense of accomplishment?

Time trials are only as hard as you make them for yourself - just keep plugging at them.

Same with pvp...

richardkrainium
12-07-2015, 04:13 AM
gotta love all the entitled ppl that arent willing to buy dlc and get max ego that way

piekster78
12-07-2015, 04:19 AM
Oh, I wasn't trying to sound whiney about pvp. I agree with you, crazyged that 6000 ego should mean that you've actually, you know, mastered every aspect of the game. I'm actually fine with only being about 5700, because I really don't think I'll ever be good enough at pvp to ever get it. That's fine. I may be one of the few who hasn't maxed out that doesn't think they should change it.

I just mentioned pvp as an example of different people having hang-ups about different parts of the game.

Johnny Stranger
12-07-2015, 05:24 AM

yea, a lot of 6 k ego got them done when they were glitched for some time ...where you could just slowly drive through them and get gold...just like the Cerberus leveling ...only one of my toons levelled 20 in Cerberus without realizing the glitch, one time through 101 ...I don't think they need to be removed, but like someone said , add 20 or so seconds to the timer ... please

and add a Cerberus that is readily available so one can level it without getting blasted in zone by other ark hunters for commandeering the cerb in fy or sw for an individual goal ... trying to q up 101 on easy and asking the players to wait for you while you kill/drive over every enemy is pretty selfish as well and very hard to do ..imo

Bentu
12-07-2015, 09:10 AM
What I found made it easier to do time trials was to turn down the gamma.
It makes it easier to see the rings in the distance allowing you to line up for the next one but don't turn it down too far so you can't see any obstacles.
Not sure this will help on the ps3 though as the lag and disconnections can be a pain.

Ocho
12-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Removing content just because a few people can't hit 6k cos of them isn't good enough reason. There are plenty of 6k ego players who did do them even though they may not have enjoyed or found them clever.

No plans to remove content.

Options are usually a good thing.

A_D3MON
12-07-2015, 03:04 PM
No plans to remove content.

Options are usually a good thing.

Apparently sum of the devs like trolling as well

All joking aside sum of them r ridiculous but I can understand them... As for pvp I still say there shuld b 2 types

Bigg_Stevo
12-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

Had class this morning getting ready to get on line and play, checking the news wanted to share an opinion.

Ocho is like our advocate right? Like how we would cry on KIWI's shoulder. And as far as trolling, at least it is not like CS who treats us like we are scabs that wont go away...just saying..have a fabulous day

modfred
12-07-2015, 03:54 PM
The problem with the vehicle pursuits is not the difficulty, I am 62 and have golded all of them on PS3 NA with a wireless connection, but that they do not fit easily in the game. With the driving trials, the turret kills pursuit in capture and hold and the vehicle kills pursuit in shadow war, it is obvious they planned for vehicles to be a much bigger part of the game and that seems to have come to nothing. Now they are anomalies, just means for getting from place to place. In fact to do the turret kills and vehicle kills pursuits you basically need a friend to join the other team and die repeatedly and for the other team to hold off one-shotting the cerberus as you mow down your friend. For the driving ones, the lag is better than it used to be but you need a good server day to do them. I found the best preparation was to stop using my roller as my default vehicle as the driving physics are completely different.

Johnny Gatt
12-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Apparently sum of the devs like trolling as well

All joking aside sum of them r ridiculous but I can understand them... As for pvp I still say there shuld b 2 types

How is Ocho trolling??
You guys always complain when you don't hear from dev. When you do, but don't like the answer, it does not mean they are trolling. Enjoy the time trials on your way to ego 6k. I just did 3 toons a few weeks ago all gold in same week... they are tedious , but not impossible. PvP is tedious , but not impossible. Options generally are good, but you can't please everyone... especially entitlement-minded ftpers. I notice most complaints from players who only started playing a few months ago.

Dixie Cougar
12-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Finishing leveling in an MMO is supposed to be just the beginning.

Pursuits should go back to where they came from--being achievements irrelevant to one's power rating. And I say that as a 6k who's played since mid-2013. I'm not proud of being max level under the current system, it was a PITA and I never ever want to do it again. EVER. As the levels of my alts attests.

Are you proud when you finish doing your taxes? Scooping the litterbox? Renewing your drivers' license after waiting 5 hours at the DMV? Are you against streamlining the tax code, using clumping litter, or abolishing 3 hour lunch breaks for DMV clerks? Me neither.

Posts that say "I suffered through this, you should have to as well" are tantamount to telling kids you had to walk in the snow uphill both ways to school to get beat up by the teacher, so they should have to as well.

And Ocho, yes, options are a good thing, but I think the point of the post you quoted was that pvp should not be a requirement to finish leveling. Which most everyone agrees on, except the folks who like to use pursuit-chasers for target practice in pvp.

A_D3MON
12-07-2015, 05:46 PM
How is Ocho trolling??
You guys always complain when you don't hear from dev. When you do, but don't like the answer, it does not mean they are trolling. Enjoy the time trials on your way to ego 6k. I just did 3 toons a few weeks ago all gold in same week... they are tedious , but not impossible. PvP is tedious , but not impossible. Options generally are good, but you can't please everyone... especially entitlement-minded ftpers. I notice most complaints from players who only started playing a few months ago.

I said that bcuz of the way he answered 2 pple... I've already gotten gold n all the trials a few months ago... All n the same day

Lycan Nightshade
12-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Ok seriously i suck at driving and PvP... but i did get silver at least in TT... and as for pvp im at least trying. Tedious at times but i try. So don't remove things, add new stuff for us to do regardless of any ego increase...

For the record i started playing in April so yeah im F2P....

Chump Norris
12-07-2015, 06:22 PM
I want to make sure its clear, I don't want anything removed at this point in the game. My post was my way of saying if we start removing things where do we draw the line, I want more options.

Lycan Nightshade
12-07-2015, 06:24 PM
And to be on topic...the Snowmaster sounds like fun...il get to try out a few other guns and see what actually works on killing them

Lycan Nightshade
12-07-2015, 06:28 PM
I want to make sure its clear, I don't want anything removed at this point in the game. My post was my way of saying if we start removing things where do we draw the line, I want more options.
I got the sarcasm, i was pointing out that not all F2Pers are whiny selfabsored brats kinda thing...
i too want more options, content etc stuff that keeps players here longer...

Fenikkusu Gatou
12-07-2015, 07:19 PM
gotta love all the entitled ppl that arent willing to buy dlc and get max ego that way

I have all of it, and I'm not seeing an extra 1000 in the pursuits (I've pretty much done them all accept Chimera and Paradise--I'll have to add up what I haven't completed yet). Still, doing it the hard way gains my respect, because PvP is a huge can of worms and I want nothing to do with it. (Also, I haven't done the time trials. But I'm totally going to try some of the suggestions ppl have posted. Should be much easier).

Also, I think Christmas WM would be cool, except that I anticipate DC'ing EVERY TIME I ENTER THE AF, LIKE I DO FOR REGULAR WM. I can sense there's going to be a lot of 'following' going on, because otherwise, I'm likely not going to be able to participate.

dremora ven0m
12-08-2015, 09:57 AM
bring on the snowmaster is all i say, cant wait foe it to drop...