PDA

View Full Version : Is it any good?

DefiantOnex
12-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Orange relentless saw?.I'm thinking of buying one but im scared its a waste of scrip

Ray8888
12-06-2015, 08:01 PM
I think RD is the perfect syn for SAWs, acc, recoil and reload are the SAWs weakpoints. You get all that with Relentless.

Mister Ree
12-06-2015, 08:58 PM
You find the right saw its pretty good. I'd say the best rolls would be white fire rate, green reload, blue recoil, purp (who cares?) Lol, & oj dmg but thats my personal opinion. The syn helps a lot but with the right rolls you end up with a beast lmg worth using over otyer weapon types, rather than vendor food.

DefiantOnex
12-07-2015, 03:25 AM
Thanks you guys

Johnny Gatt
12-07-2015, 04:06 PM
I have a syphon Rd saw with oj recoil... reload is 2.2... bloom is .09. I might keep the oj roll at recoil and change blue roll to dmg.
Saws are the only gun in this synergy that actually benefit from the synergy perks imo.

Claydough
12-07-2015, 06:51 PM
No, saws are underpowered at the best of times.

Johnny Gatt
12-07-2015, 09:14 PM
I use saws all the time... not underpowered at all...
Long before most of you started playing, scores were based on dmg dealt.. Top scoring players usually had saws .
Saws were highly sought after until the game went free to play. They did not get nerfed during the transition, it's just that the majority of ftpers do not know what a good gun really is. That is why you see so many waves of flavor of the month guns that everybody has to have... whether it be a crime lagger, a TN boomer, a blast rifle, mass cannon, etc.
My advice to newer players , get to know every type of weapon in the game. Learn how to modify them correctly. Find the ones that you like and work with your style of gameplay. Most importantly, do not let another Ftper tell you which guns are good or which ones are underpowered... chances are they have no clue.

Atticus Batman
12-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Long before most of you started playing, scores were based on dmg dealt.. Top scoring players usually had saws .
Saws were highly sought after until the game went free to play. They did not get nerfed during the transition, it's just that the majority of ftpers do not know what a good gun really is. That is why you see so many waves of flavor of the month guns that everybody has to have... whether it be a crime lagger, a TN boomer, a blast rifle, mass cannon, etc.
My advice to newer players , get to know every type of weapon in the game. Learn how to modify them correctly. Find the ones that you like and work with your style of gameplay. Most importantly, do not let another Ftper tell you which guns are good or which ones are underpowered... chances are they have no clue.

Actually the Saws were nerfed back in July 2013. So they were nerfed but it was way before F2P. That nerf got several to quit using them. Then when they added the cooldown to the "preparedness" perk, most quit using saws all together. However you are right that they can still be useful if you know how to use them.

http://www.defiancedata.com/page=58/ktam-interview-with-trick-dempsey

PTR47
12-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Saws were highly sought after until the game went free to play. They did not get nerfed during the transition, it's just that the majority of ftpers do not know what a good gun really is.

I remembered them getting nerfed, so I went and had a look. Sure enough, I'm not going insane.

Patch 1.1 - DLC #1 Castithan Charge Pack August 20, 2013

The SAW LMG’s were performing significantly higher than other LMG’s, so we have reduced the damage that they do to bring them more in line with other categories of weapons

http://www.defiancedata.com/page=76/patch-11-dlc-1-castithan-charge-pack

EDIT: Ahh, Batman's on the ball.

Atticus Batman
12-07-2015, 10:29 PM
I remembered them getting nerfed, so I went and had a look. Sure enough, I'm not going insane.

Patch 1.1 - DLC #1 Castithan Charge Pack August 20, 2013

The SAW LMG’s were performing significantly higher than other LMG’s, so we have reduced the damage that they do to bring them more in line with other categories of weapons

http://www.defiancedata.com/page=76/patch-11-dlc-1-castithan-charge-pack

EDIT: Ahh, Batman's on the ball.

Yes but you found the actual patch notes. I found the interview with Trick about it, after the patch and nerf were already live. So both were good finds as they both mention it in some way. Yours mentions the actual nerf. Mine mentions Trick's reasons behind it.

PTR47
12-07-2015, 10:58 PM
I've kept a few SAWs in my inventory: a Rad Relentless, a Blackened Hellfire and a Mincemeat. But I never use 'em. I think of the LMG class, only the Thunder really performs on par with other weapons. The other could use a little TLC (SAW, Rocker, Disruptor).

Ray8888
12-08-2015, 09:21 AM
I would never choose a thunder over a SAW. My Warmonger practically has the range of a sniper. The only advantage of a thunder is the mag. I tend to go with SMGs or SAWs depending on the area I'm fighting in.

Johnny Gatt
12-08-2015, 11:00 AM
I remember the 2013 nerf... I used to run the purple TN saw cause that escaped the dmg nerf... LOL

PTR47
12-08-2015, 11:05 AM
I would never choose a thunder over a SAW. My Warmonger practically has the range of a sniper. The only advantage of a thunder is the mag. I tend to go with SMGs or SAWs depending on the area I'm fighting in.

The only reason to choose an LMG over another auto type is the falloff (all LMGs share this range, and the Disruptor has no falloff at all), but the SAW is terribly inaccurate, while the Thunder in aim mode is actually very solid. So I do use my Thunders, but not my Saws.

YMMV

Cobra Crusher
12-08-2015, 11:07 AM
My oj RD saw was the only regular RD gun worth keeping.

Johnny Gatt
12-08-2015, 11:13 AM
I carried a saw in the Army, so I tend to use the saw in this game like the real thing out of habit. If you fire in short 3 to 5 round bursts, the accuracy is not affected as much. I score most shots in the crit range, so I am doing extra dmg as opposed to running the gun from hip spraying the whole mag at full auto.

hempman
12-08-2015, 11:54 AM
to the Op,dont bother with Rd,it was useless syn.
instead,try HP,almost All of those guns /even the purps!! had killer recoil and bloom before any mods were ever put on them.
the syn of hp isnt bad either.
we have toons loaded with hp ojs fully modded,whereas in rd we have maybe,maybe 15 weapons worth keeping.

to Ray,food for thought,a rad thunder with 252 in mag,recoil/bloom of -14 and its a beastly unit.