PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay question: Number of events showing on map

EndTheFed
12-06-2015, 11:03 PM
Is it possible for a dedicated group of players to reduce the number of arkfalls and incursions that appear on the map? i.e. does their action have a butterfly effect.

For example: Say it's 1 p.m. and there are 5 incursion and 5 arcfall icons showing on the whole map.
I and 3 buddies clear half of them.... and at 2 p.m. there are only 2 incursion and 3 arcfall icons showing.

Come 4 p.m. Is it likely that the number of such icons showing on the map will be smaller than it would have been had my group done nothing?

I ask, because if the answer is yes then it means that there is a way to measure the players' success "against the map" over a period of days or weeks. and that could make playing the game more fun and meaningful.

Saminator
12-07-2015, 12:34 AM
Is it possible for a dedicated group of players to reduce the number of arkfalls and incursions that appear on the map? i.e. does their action have a butterfly effect.

For example: Say it's 1 p.m. and there are 5 incursion and 5 arcfall icons showing on the whole map.
I and 3 buddies clear half of them.... and at 2 p.m. there are only 2 incursion and 3 arcfall icons showing.

Come 4 p.m. Is it likely that the number of such icons showing on the map will be smaller than it would have been had my group done nothing?

I ask, because if the answer is yes then it means that there is a way to measure the players' success "against the map" over a period of days or weeks. and that could make playing the game more fun and meaningful.

But if I destroy all those events effortlessly and so quick, their will be nothing left for everyone else to do! Hahaha