PDA

View Full Version : This game is dead.

Hexthat
12-13-2015, 08:03 AM
Normally I have 10+ friends online at all times, but since these horrible holidays with horrible synergies I have noticed a decrease in players.

This morning when I got online only one other clan member and 3 friends online.

The only co-ops being played are just a few patron pass players speed running for forge.

Haven't had a warmaster win in months. I go in and see 15+ low egos, less then 700 ego, trying to beat WM with bmgs ,rockets, and pretty much everything horrible.

This winter solstice event doesn't look appetizing to me, only one weapon "Christmass Cannon" looks appealing... but if I received it, it would be rarely used like all my other holiday rockets. They need a much larger ammo pool. Even with patron pass you would run out of ammo in 4 reloads.

Kuroro
12-13-2015, 09:30 AM
i like krampus and frostbite :3 i wonder if 24m will be enough to get them

Saminator
12-13-2015, 09:56 AM
My friends are losing hope with the game and leaving as we haven't had a proper patch to fix some of things many have asked for for some time now.

Too many disconnections recently, current score system sucks by actually showing that you're better of with a low dos weapon to spray at enemies for higher score than someone actually killing the enemies, still nowhere to see the damage you have accumulated, can still only see 15 clan members online on the quick menu Clan when their is clearly 30+ online, this was supposed to be fixed over 2 years ago and is never fixed even though it's been brought up multiple times, still no EGO Cap Raise or any mention of that in a few months even though I'm sure their was a live stream a few months ago talking about this being bumped up a little.

The game needs to improve in some way or players will continue to leave. We need to know if our voices are actually being heard.

Bonehead
12-13-2015, 09:58 AM
http://steamcharts.com/app/224600#All

KILLSHOT707
12-13-2015, 10:13 AM
The need for forge has been greatly increased. Re rolling master roll is a joke. I rolled 20% dmg from behind twice out of three tries. That's 300 forge down the drain. The rewards are very poor for forge, so most stop grinding.
The MMO element is the best part of this game...but what to do? The only new stuff in years is four person. People group up and go into party or group chat, leaving clan chat dead. People come online. Clan chat is dead, they get bored and leave the game. I guess vet's don't find doing the same daily/weeklies for two years fun any more.
This game needs the forge rewards doubled and new MMO content fast or it is going to be a huge ghost town. The only new content is tied to bit sales. The PVP changes are not going to improve player activity at all. Devs are working hard to make new bit store items, but should be developing better open world content. Who you going to sell those boxes to when all your cash cows find greener pastures? I for one will not buy any more bits. I love this game, but only as a MMO.

Skiller115
12-13-2015, 10:17 AM

Wow this is sad

Hexthat
12-13-2015, 10:54 AM

This is PC version only? Is it just the people that play using steam?

Arkangyl
12-13-2015, 12:34 PM
Wow this is sad

It is, I agree; however, 75%+ of the folks I play with / see regularly use the standalone client and not the Steam client. Don't know how it works for other folks and their friends, but I assume that number could be tripled easily or more for PC. Still not a lot of folks. :\

Iceberg
12-13-2015, 01:12 PM
I am not surprised. Trion was warned a long long time ago.

piekster78
12-13-2015, 01:26 PM

Wow, you guys must not see many usage charts. This actually shows a fairly healthy game, especially for one going on three years. It shows huge bumps at launch and when season 2 and 3 content came out, followed by a fairly steady average of players. There's actually more people playing now than in February 2013.

Is it fantastic? No, but the game is almost three years old. Every other open world MMO style game on the PS3 and 360 have numbers as low or worse (GTA5 is way more buggy, and its server numbers have fallen off a cliff in recent months).

Be honest, how many games does the average gamer play for three years without moving on? The fact that the baseline usage is actually only down about 20%, when you take out the artificial spikes from new content drops, is actually pretty good for such an old game.

No look, I'm not trying to say everything is rosy here. There are definitely some things I would have done different, but to try to use that spreadsheet as evidence of the game's death shows you really don't know how to read it.

SirServed
12-13-2015, 01:36 PM
There's actually more people playing now than in February 2013.
Defiance wasn't released until April 2nd 2013 bro, I didn't even bother to read anything you said after this. The game may be dying, but it can take years for it to fully bleed out. Either way, the only viable option I have for investing in it is Patron passes, and that's already paid for until next year.

Ryu Soba JP
12-13-2015, 02:23 PM
I haven't been on the game in about 3 weeks. I just got tired of fighting to get things fixed just to have nothing be done or the supposed fix fail. I put a bit if money into the game but I stopped a few weeks ago. Even dropped my patron pass. The only new content was arcade style game play, the bonus roll changes to weapons, constant disconnects and console hard freezing. Reporting theft, scams and exploiters did nothing. They are still in the game. Still doing the same stuff. I had a lot of hopes for this game but after a while you just give up.
I told a few friends I'll come play during the event a bit but I don't expect to stay after that. I might pop in from time to time until the servers go dark.

Saminator
12-13-2015, 03:24 PM
I haven't been on the game in about 3 weeks. I just got tired of fighting to get things fixed just to have nothing be done or the supposed fix fail. I put a bit if money into the game but I stopped a few weeks ago. Even dropped my patron pass. The only new content was arcade style game play, the bonus roll changes to weapons, constant disconnects and console hard freezing. Reporting theft, scams and exploiters did nothing. They are still in the game. Still doing the same stuff. I had a lot of hopes for this game but after a while you just give up.
I told a few friends I'll come play during the event a bit but I don't expect to stay after that. I might pop in from time to time until the servers go dark.

Yeah theirs so many things needing to be fixed that still haven't been fixed and it's just ridiculous.

Bentu
12-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Yeah theirs so many things needing to be fixed that still haven't been fixed and it's just ridiculous.

Kind of makes you question what the money from patron passes actually gets spent on, yes I know it goes on devs wages etc but like we've all said time and again that this game needs serious bug fixes.

Dreypa
12-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Defiance is the unloved red headed step child of trion. Need I say more?

PacificGypsy
12-13-2015, 04:05 PM
I've only been playing for a couple of months. Has anyone (from Trion) ever explained the 'Critical Error' message, and that it will be fixed? I won't be playing much or spend a dime on this game until that is dealt with.

Nefarious
12-13-2015, 04:07 PM
Well with all these holiday events the only way pretty much to get the jackpot guns is to buy the holiday crates with bits. So unless you want to pay to get the new guns then its really not worth playing. Especially for veteran players. These events are same as years prior so its a been there done that kind of thing for many.

Not to mention what's the attraction to even play to get new guns? Trion has already topped themselves by making some of the most unbalanced Over Powered guns around. So once you have the best weapon types there is zero reason to want to play and try to RNG anything else.

Barrik
12-13-2015, 04:33 PM
This is PC version only? Is it just the people that play using steam?

I've seen a bunch of people running around today. Also, I don't run the game through steam. Loads of people don't. Not saying it isn't low pop, but not aweful. It's not a very accurate metric.

piekster78
12-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Defiance wasn't released until April 2nd 2013 bro, I didn't even bother to read anything you said after this.

Irrelevant. Has nothing to do with anything I said. You wouldn't know that, since you didn't bother to read. My point was not that the game is fine. My point was that the evidence presented in that spreadsheet actually refutes the premise that the game is dead. Now there may be other evidence out there that you could use to make the case that the game is in a downward spiral, but that link isn't it.

The fact that you have been on here (and presumably) playing would actually indicate that you received pretty good value for the money you spent, assuming you stopped around the normal console game price of around $60-70, like I did. Two years of entertainment out of any game is a pretty outstanding value. Now, if you spent more than that, that's your choice.

Personally, I think sinking more than $70 over the life of a game kind of silly, but it's your money. I don't understand what possible additional value the patron pass gets you to justify the cost. I bought the DLCs, not because I thought the extra content was worth $40, but because I enjoyed the game and figured since I didn't have to actually buy the game, that $40 was fair value for an over 2 year old game.

I'm not saying there aren't flaws in this game or that users aren't slowly dropping off. My problem is with people who think this is the end of the world and have unrealistic expectations that ANY game will be as fresh and fun to play as it was after 2 and a half years of existence. Most games don't even make it to one year of viability. People seem to think that games like WoW are the standard for constantly churning out new content. Wow was the exception, and it only worked because Blizzard was able to con tons of people into paying $15/month for something they already owned. That and the fact that WoW today has almost nothing to do with what WoW was when it started. If you're going to completely re-invent a game, just make a new game.

Most of the bugs that really drive us crazy aren't fixable. The crits, disappearing enemies, lag spikes are because the game was made for PS3 and 360. Based on their hardware, its a miracle that it runs at all on those systems. The Devs are up against processor and RAM limitations. The game is going to Crit out. It sucks. Deal with it, or don't and buy yourself an XBone and play something else. I defy you to play any other massively multiplayer game made for those two consoles in the last couple years of their life cycle that doesn't crash at least as much (GTA5). From what I can tell, we should give at least a little bit of thank to Trion that they bother updating the 360 and PS3 at all, since almost nobody else does anymore.

Yes the PC has those same issues, but that's because they ported it over and didn't change much of the code, but it isn't as bad. The reason they don't fix the PC is the same reason why XBone and PS4 aren't getting the game. Defiance doesn't generate nearly enough revenue to even remotely justify the cost of completely re-writing the game code.

It just irritates me that so many posts on here are just people dumping on Trion for not, somehow, figuring out the impossible. Like all other entertainment, games are born, people enjoy them for a while, people get bored, games die. End of story. I realize much of it is just venting, but Good Lord, guys. If it pisses you off that much, go play something else for crying out loud.

Jerrmy12
12-13-2015, 05:17 PM
All new synergies are bitstore only
All unique guns are bitstore only
basically impossible to get holiday JP's without bits
low rate of event arkfalls

whit
12-13-2015, 05:58 PM
It just irritates me that so many posts on here are just people dumping on Trion for not, somehow, figuring out the impossible. Like all other entertainment, games are born, people enjoy them for a while, people get bored, games die. End of story. I realize much of it is just venting, but Good Lord, guys. If it pisses you off that much, go play something else for crying out loud.

I would have sympathy with Trion if they actually admitted the major faults such as DC and lags and that they can't fix them. They used to pretend to fix them but now they just ignore them and carry on pumping out bitstore items to fund their next games.

Ray8888
12-13-2015, 06:54 PM
People have been predicting this games death since 2013. Yet here we are.

Claydough
12-13-2015, 07:23 PM
Well we're on the verge of the new bulk content being released, so its no suprise the population is at its lowest before its released.

The determaning factor will be how good the new content is, wheather it will bring new players and respark old players intrests.

KILLSHOT707
12-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Irrelevant. Has nothing to do with anything I said. You wouldn't know that, since you didn't bother to read. My point was not that the game is fine. My point was that the evidence presented in that spreadsheet actually refutes the premise that the game is dead. Now there may be other evidence out there that you could use to make the case that the game is in a downward spiral, but that link isn't it.

The fact that you have been on here (and presumably) playing would actually indicate that you received pretty good value for the money you spent, assuming you stopped around the normal console game price of around $60-70, like I did. Two years of entertainment out of any game is a pretty outstanding value. Now, if you spent more than that, that's your choice.

Personally, I think sinking more than $70 over the life of a game kind of silly, but it's your money. I don't understand what possible additional value the patron pass gets you to justify the cost. I bought the DLCs, not because I thought the extra content was worth $40, but because I enjoyed the game and figured since I didn't have to actually buy the game, that $40 was fair value for an over 2 year old game.

I'm not saying there aren't flaws in this game or that users aren't slowly dropping off. My problem is with people who think this is the end of the world and have unrealistic expectations that ANY game will be as fresh and fun to play as it was after 2 and a half years of existence. Most games don't even make it to one year of viability. People seem to think that games like WoW are the standard for constantly churning out new content. Wow was the exception, and it only worked because Blizzard was able to con tons of people into paying $15/month for something they already owned. That and the fact that WoW today has almost nothing to do with what WoW was when it started. If you're going to completely re-invent a game, just make a new game.

Most of the bugs that really drive us crazy aren't fixable. The crits, disappearing enemies, lag spikes are because the game was made for PS3 and 360. Based on their hardware, its a miracle that it runs at all on those systems. The Devs are up against processor and RAM limitations. The game is going to Crit out. It sucks. Deal with it, or don't and buy yourself an XBone and play something else. I defy you to play any other massively multiplayer game made for those two consoles in the last couple years of their life cycle that doesn't crash at least as much (GTA5). From what I can tell, we should give at least a little bit of thank to Trion that they bother updating the 360 and PS3 at all, since almost nobody else does anymore.

Yes the PC has those same issues, but that's because they ported it over and didn't change much of the code, but it isn't as bad. The reason they don't fix the PC is the same reason why XBone and PS4 aren't getting the game. Defiance doesn't generate nearly enough revenue to even remotely justify the cost of completely re-writing the game code.

and how long have you been playing this game?

Saminator
12-13-2015, 07:27 PM
I remember them saying they would improve clans some how. As clans that have all clan activities at level 10 just have nothing to work on at the moment. Maybe they could add Expeditions as a new thing to level up, once everything is axed maybe clan members can earn +1 ark forge? Or another +1 keycode at least? Either way they said they were going to add some extra content for clans a few live streams ago, so I wonder if that's still planned.

Also, when is the ego cap being raised?! All my friends that are 6k ego are leaving cause theirs nothing to do.

KILLSHOT707
12-13-2015, 07:29 PM
Well we're on the verge of the new bulk content being released, so its no suprise the population is at its lowest before its released.

The determaning factor will be how good the new content is, wheather it will bring new players and respark old players intrests.

LMAO. Nope.

Barrik
12-13-2015, 08:49 PM
People have been predicting this games death since 2013. Yet here we are.

This is a fact

Kiddie
12-13-2015, 09:25 PM
I'm just bored.....

Dixie Cougar
12-14-2015, 04:59 AM
Also, when is the ego cap being raised?! All my friends that are 6k ego are leaving cause theirs nothing to do.

Nothing to do? Gimme nothing to do all day over dealing with a change in the ego cap. Because ego cap probably means more pursuits, and playing this game to grind pursuits is like drinking vodka for the taste. I can count on one hand the number of people I know that have maxed out more than one character. One of those people is nearing 6k for a third time, but even they complain about crappy pursuits to me constantly.

Pursuit leveling is easily the worst thing about Defiance. Worse than camo jackpots, worse than the disconnects and the lag, worse than p2w synergies, and worse than scrub players. Worse than all the bugs combined. Even worse than BMG and Mass Cannon vfx--well, almost.

It's an achievement system bolted onto a basic progression system. Raising the cap over 5k was a huge mistake that has cost the game far more players than boredom at 6k (as something like 90% of 5k players never make it to 6k because of god-awful time trials and pvp). So was making pursuits in any way relevant to the power curve.

I used to think being able to reach max level by exp alone was too extreme of a solution. After seeing what the boring pursuit system has done to the playerbase, though, I'm all for it.

Take any other MMO and reaching max level is just the beginning. Being unique isn't always good. Pursuit leveling is this game's eleventh toe. No, worse, it's the game's second appendix.

No, the game won't die because of it. No, it won't become the next WoW if pursuit leveling goes away. But the current system is holding it back in a huge way. The game survives despite it.

I like this game or I wouldn't still be here. I suffered through nearly all the horrible pursuits (CBA to finish pvp once I hit 5.9k) because of it. But I cringe every time I have to explain to a 5k player why he isn't gaining ego from exp anymore. Because odds are I won't be seeing him in 3 months, and he'll have stalled out in the 5.2-5.7k range.

TL;DR: Pursuit leveling is awful, and should never be asked of the players again. Ceterum censeo, pursuit leveling esse delendam.

Ashandra
12-14-2015, 05:29 AM
I can't think of a single game where threads like this don't pop up every once in a while..

I've been playing for a few weeks now and during prime-time the population numbers look pretty healthy and unlike the OP, about 3/4 of my WM runs have been successful.
Even the clan I'm in is really active, lots of chatting and activities going on all day long.

So from the point of view of a new player, I can say this game isn't even close to dying and I'm probably playing on the least populated PC server too (EU).

A little tip: If you see people doing badly during WM runs and use the wrong weapon types, give them advice. People on EU PC seem to do that quite often and it really makes WM encounters go a lot smoother.

Slaktarn
12-14-2015, 06:12 AM
After reading this thread I am very disappointed. I love this game but nothing seems to happen. Map is clear from arkfalls and volgeswarms and there are no events going on.. Im on level 1900 and whenever I enter an avent the constant level is 4700 and I can just fire at them like a maniac but it wont kill any.. Dont even know why Im typing anymore, just get off some steem I guess.

Logain
12-14-2015, 06:47 AM
Nothing to do? Gimme nothing to do all day over dealing with a change in the ego cap. Because ego cap probably means more pursuits, and playing this game to grind pursuits is like drinking vodka for the taste. I can count on one hand the number of people I know that have maxed out more than one character. One of those people is nearing 6k for a third time, but even they complain about crappy pursuits to me constantly.

Pursuit leveling is easily the worst thing about Defiance. Worse than camo jackpots, worse than the disconnects and the lag, worse than p2w synergies, and worse than scrub players. Worse than all the bugs combined. Even worse than BMG and Mass Cannon vfx--well, almost.

It's an achievement system bolted onto a basic progression system. Raising the cap over 5k was a huge mistake that has cost the game far more players than boredom at 6k (as something like 90% of 5k players never make it to 6k because of god-awful time trials* and pvp**). So was making pursuits in any way relevant to the power curve.**

I used to think being able to reach max level by exp alone was too extreme of a solution. After seeing what the boring pursuit system has done to the playerbase, though, I'm all for it.

Take any other MMO and reaching max level is just the beginning. Being unique isn't always good. Pursuit leveling is this game's eleventh toe. No, worse, it's the game's second appendix.

No, the game won't die because of it. No, it won't become the next WoW if pursuit leveling goes away. But the current system is holding it back in a huge way. The game survives despite it.

I like this game or I wouldn't still be here. I suffered through nearly all the horrible pursuits (CBA to finish pvp once I hit 5.9k) because of it. But I cringe every time I have to explain to a 5k player why he isn't gaining ego from exp anymore. Because odds are I won't be seeing him in 3 months, and he'll have stalled out in the 5.2-5.7k range.**

TL;DR: Pursuit leveling is awful, and should never be asked of the players again. Ceterum censeo, pursuit leveling esse delendam.

*The Time Trials in this game are a headache. Mostly because the mechanics of it is not great, if you have even the slightest lag in the system (i.e. Road Emergency Pops out of nowhere, the spawned rings spawned too late as you already drove by it, the stump that was not there for 10 seconds spawns right as you run into it) causes you to fail the time trial. What I don't understand is for a game that is designed to be all about shooting and killing things, why is there a significant portion of EGO tied up on the driving part of this game? (I mean this game is not Mario Kart. There are no banana peels (https://youtu.be/rhDIU1kkv1o?t=2m19s)).

I am not advocating the removal of Time Trials or even the EGO importance of them. Just move the Time Trials to their own EGO level pursuit. Including Bronze, Silver and Gold.

**Also coming from someone who is ok and enjoys PVP to kill some time. The last couple of PVP pursuits are ridiculous and without have a conspirator or a group of clanmates on the other team almost impossible.

I would prefer if more players could get to max EGO without having to do it. Since the power curve is tied to EGO I would prefer more people at 6K playing then having a bunch of 5.5K players quitting because they just don't want to go through the hassle of PVP.

***I am an advocate having more people play in the playbox at 6K. And I am in favor of adding enough EGO points (or separating Time Trials from mostly story line pursuits) for more players to come and play at 6K. Even though I had to grind it the hard way.

tAsHiNkA
12-14-2015, 10:14 AM
http://steamcharts.com/app/224600#Allnot a very good trend; what happened in Sept 2014? (I don't remember, but my money's on changing grenades to consumables)

Olaf
12-14-2015, 10:24 AM
not a very good trend; what happened in Sept 2014? (I don't remember, but my money's on changing grenades to consumables)

Probably, that move peed me off alot.

Keeper Riff
12-14-2015, 11:11 AM
what happened in Sept 2014?F2Players who joined in June — August completed the easy part of the game and hit something that they saw as a paywall.

PilotStarck
12-14-2015, 12:01 PM
playing this game to grind pursuits is like drinking vodka for the taste.

You are best!!!

cmpowell
12-14-2015, 12:50 PM
not a very good trend; what happened in Sept 2014? (I don't remember, but my money's on changing grenades to consumables)

Sept 2014 is when destiny came out

But I think for pc the overwhelming amount of f2p players made for a mass evac

Nefarious
12-14-2015, 12:55 PM

This happened before. Before the first DLC launched, Castithan Charge Pack. It was probably the worst dry spell Defiance ever saw and people came back in droves. But then again that was also when things were still unknown and the sky was the limit for the game. People came back because the expectations of what the game could turn into or introduce was great.

This new content better have a lot of improvements. Something to bring the veteran players back and help them relieve the magic and something to keep the new players wanting to keep playing.

Thorax The Dark
12-14-2015, 01:04 PM
I find it interesting to see people with the mentality of "go down with the ship". I wonder where people find the inspiration to keep playing. I got off the ship around 2400 hours played and after leaving i cannot understand how people stilll play. I would love to see the forums after the game dies as well. All the told you so ers will come out from the woodwork and all the naysayers will delete their forum accounts

Ray8888
12-14-2015, 01:06 PM
I find it hilarious that someone posts to a forum for a game they don't even play.

Thorax The Dark
12-14-2015, 01:12 PM
I find it hilarious that someone posts to a forum for a game they don't even play.

I don't think your laughing though? and i didnt know you had a secret camera in my house to see what i play

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Computer-Facepalm-Meme-08.png

Ray8888
12-14-2015, 01:16 PM
II got off the ship around 2400 hours played and after leaving i cannot understand how people stilll play.
<------ still laughing

Fallen_Aingeal
12-14-2015, 01:17 PM
I find it interesting to see people with the mentality of "go down with the ship". I wonder where people find the inspiration to keep playing. I got off the ship around 2400 hours played and after leaving i cannot understand how people stilll play. I would love to see the forums after the game dies as well. All the told you so ers will come out from the woodwork and all the naysayers will delete their forum accountsExcept, you clearly stated that you "got off the ship", meaning no longer play. So, you may wanna smack your face a bit harder and repetitively....JS

Thorax The Dark
12-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Except, you clearly stated that you "got off the ship", meaning no longer play. So, you may wanna smack your face a bit harder and repetitively....JS

Sorry i guess i have to clarify for the fan boys. I dont play like i used to, as in i get on to check up with the clan. But i guess that wouldn't give me entitlement to post on the forums now would it? Taking metaphors literally really just puts the cherry on top of the pie in your face

SirServed
12-14-2015, 01:51 PM
Sorry i guess i have to clarify for the fan boys. I dont play like i used to, as in i get on to check up with the clan. But i guess that wouldn't give me entitlement to post on the forums now would it? Taking metaphors literally really just puts the cherry on top of the pie in your face
I've jumped the Blizzard and Daybreak (formerly SOE) ships. I can't log in to "check up on" anything or anyone because I've removed their products from my hard drive and refuse to do business with them again. You need to rank up your metaphor skill, because the one you used is a bad example. You're sitting on a lifeboat that's still attached to the ship, waiting for it to go down.

Olaf
12-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Ocho, the privacy policy in regards to players cheating the system is bs. The players have a right to know whether action will be taken against those who glitched millions upon millions of scrip, ruining the economy even more for alot of the normal players, I mean we already do know as they are still running around happy to this day. If it really is OK then we may as well go ahead and publicise all the arkforge/coop glitches for people to abuse because it's OK right and no punishment will come.
I find it hilarious the exl vendor glitch, people got banned over that, but this glitch that was vastly superior in earning potential has been completely overlooked. I think the real reason is half of xbox were doing it, thus if you ban half the xbox players less $$$.

SOG WestRock
12-14-2015, 02:07 PM
This game isn't dead. There is a lot of things that makes this game less playing by many (or even leaving game). I'm a quite new player (EGO 700+ and 500+) and I'm sometimes getting bored. Ok, we have a few things like Main Story, Seasons, Arkfalls, etc. but I think it's not enough. For ex. I'm going to the Arkfall - ok, sometimes I'm doing it alone, sometimes there's 10+ players and we make it in 5 mins, then I'm going for a mission or side mission (another 5-10 mins), then another Arkfall or any other event and that's how it is. The highest EGO player that I've ever saw was about 1800. Also those DLC are bad. First of all - they are too expensive. I've won a lot of guns from DLC and what can I do with it? Only sell! That's wrong. I think Dev doesn't appreciate players for playing. For ex. Warframe (game) Dev is still working and from time to time they upgrading game (bugfix, add new stuff, new and fresh desing or even they change basic game settings for players). They don't have DLC, but a lot of stuff to buy (and you don't even need to pay to get it). Defiance isn't a bad game, but this game (from what I've read from a few players here) isn't go foward to grow up FOR THE PLAYERS. And those server shutdown everyday (in my country usually at 8pm)... Bugs & Glitches are still in game - oh, and "1h shutdown" is over 2h shutdown (EU).
It's only my opinion, maybe I'm wrong, maybe not - I'm not a judge, but only a new "free-to-play" player. :)

Claydough
12-14-2015, 02:09 PM
Ocho, the privacy policy in regards to players cheating the system is bs. The players have a right to know whether action will be taken against those who glitched millions upon millions of scrip, ruining the economy even more for alot of the normal players, I mean we already do know as they are still running around happy to this day. If it really is OK then we may as well go ahead and publicise all the arkforge/coop glitches for people to abuse because it's OK right and no punishment will come.
I find it hilarious the exl vendor glitch, people got banned over that, but this glitch that was vastly superior in earning potential has been completely overlooked. I think the real reason is half of xbox were doing it, thus if you ban half the xbox players less $$$.

What gives you the right to know?

I dont think i have any right to know what any player is doing, doesnt affect me at all.

Thorax The Dark
12-14-2015, 02:11 PM
I've jumped the Blizzard and Daybreak (formerly SOE) ships. I can't log in to "check up on" anything or anyone because I've removed their products from my hard drive and refuse to do business with them again. You need to rank up your metaphor skill, because the one you used is a bad example. You're sitting on a lifeboat that's still attached to the ship, waiting for it to go down.

Who cares? You have a brain to use for things. From what i see fallen aingel just makes assumptions about statements and probably generalized that person typing. If you need to fully extrapolate my reasoning on why i post what i post or why i do what i do the preferred medium is a private message.

Silly forum semantics over metaphors and to what extent a person can comment on a situation is immature. Watch this post get locked out for it. Defend Defend Defend.

doctordabs
12-14-2015, 02:14 PM
What gives you the right to know?

I dont think i have any right to know what any player is doing, doesnt affect me at all.
Durn tootin.

We have NO rights. Plain and simple. We all agreed when clicking "i read and understand the terms of service" that we don't own our accounts. Trion reserves the right to delete, alter, suspend and terminate any and all accounts without even having to give a reason.

Hexthat
12-14-2015, 02:14 PM
I'm hoping a few of my friends will stay up past daily resets to do some serous holiday ark-hunting.

I want T4 mass cannon mods, I think I can make scrip off'em.

Altras
12-14-2015, 02:15 PM
None of you are real people! Your all versions of my subconscious trying to drive me crazy!

Claydough
12-14-2015, 02:19 PM
Durn tootin.

We have NO rights. Plain and simple. We all agreed when clicking "i read and understand the terms of service" that we don't own our accounts. Trion reserves the right to delete, alter, suspend and terminate any and all accounts without even having to give a reason.

Its also how real life works...

You cant just demand somones personal details cause your curious or wanna serve some of your own self justice

Olaf
12-14-2015, 02:26 PM
Its also how real life works...

You cant just demand somones personal details cause your curious or wanna serve some of your own self justice

You took my post out of context, I didn't imply we have a right to know their personal details to serve vigilante justice, just that we have a right to know what they are doing to rectify the situation e.g. Banning the abusers, removing ill-gotten currency and items from the game or simply doing nothing, which seems to be what's happening currently.

doctordabs
12-14-2015, 02:28 PM
pretty popular thread for a dead game eh?

SirServed
12-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Who cares? You have a brain to use for things. From what i see fallen aingel just makes assumptions about statements and probably generalized that person typing. If you need to fully extrapolate my reasoning on why i post what i post or why i do what i do the preferred medium is a private message.

Silly forum semantics over metaphors and to what extent a person can comment on a situation is immature. Watch this post get locked out for it. Defend Defend Defend.
I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but YOLO!

TTD: Excuse me, Officer FA. Is there a reason you're pulling me over for speeding? I was only driving 40 in a 45 zone.
Officer FA: Funny you mention speeding when I haven't said anything yet. I wouldn't be pulling you over for speeding if you were only doing 40.
Officer SS: You were actually doing 48 in a 45 zone. That's why he pulled you over.
TTD: Who cares? The cops are always causing a scene when they pull people over. They should be the ones getting a ticket, not me! I was only speeding, no one was harmed! Semantics! Immature!

Bentu
12-14-2015, 02:33 PM

Yes and the same people being antagonistic.

Hexthat
12-14-2015, 02:36 PM

Halo CE is a 11 year old game and it has more players, also it's not even free to play.

http://s27.postimg.org/9ylollj83/halo_ce.png

Cobra Crusher
12-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Halo CE is a 11 year old game and it has more players, also it's not even free to play.

http://s27.postimg.org/9ylollj83/halo_ce.png

It uses the same mp servers as Halo Reach thats why.

Hexthat
12-14-2015, 02:43 PM
It uses the same mp servers as Halo Reach thats why.

? No!

Most of the servers on Halo Custom Edition are ran from other players PCs.... or they buy a slot from a site like https://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/halo_ce_server.php

tAsHiNkA
12-14-2015, 02:43 PM
I don't think your laughing though? and i didnt know you had a secret camera in my house to see what i play

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Computer-Facepalm-Meme-08.pngnobody cares what you play & I don't see a reason for the forum to continue, once the game is over; much like someone who quite playing but still posts - pointless & butthurt

rolf otool
12-14-2015, 02:44 PM
I see dead people....

Cobra Crusher
12-14-2015, 02:46 PM
? No!

Most of the servers on Halo Custom Edition are ran from other players PCs.... or they buy a slot from a site like https://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/halo_ce_server.php

Thought you meant the Halo anniversary game on 360 lol.

Claydough
12-14-2015, 02:47 PM
This just in,

Every game with less player basethan halo is officially in the 'dead' catagory

Ryu Soba JP
12-14-2015, 03:08 PM

I had a long response but I felt it wouldn't have been read. So simply put, I don't agree with most of your post.

PithHelmetIrath
12-14-2015, 03:30 PM
You're sitting on a lifeboat that's still attached to the ship, waiting for it to go down.

I just can't resist train wrecks. They put me in a trance.

P.S. - The last half of 'Titanic' is my favorite.

Skiller115
12-14-2015, 03:36 PM
I just can't resist train wrecks. They put me in a trance.

P.S. - The last half of 'Titanic' is my favorite.

What the last half that went down in the ocean?

Applebite
12-14-2015, 03:41 PM
Only big problems I'm seeing of Defiance right now is dated graphics, server problems and complex continuity issues. Otherwise, keep plugging away.

At least Trion seems to be aware of the issues and seem to be looking at changing some things for the better. These things rarely come fast. And i've lost count of the games I've been a part of that had issues updating their content after the first couple of years. So, it is what it is.

PithHelmetIrath
12-14-2015, 03:43 PM
What the last half that went down in the ocean?

Yeah I imagine being on a lifeboat, in a trance, being pulled down by the undertow.. good times.

Anelise Starlight
12-14-2015, 03:46 PM
After the patch today I can't even play at all. WTF?!

Ea Rapture
12-14-2015, 03:47 PM
After the patch today I can't even play at all. WTF?!

No one can. Just a waiting game.

Thorax The Dark
12-14-2015, 05:05 PM
I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but YOLO!

TTD: Excuse me, Officer FA. Is there a reason you're pulling me over for speeding? I was only driving 40 in a 45 zone.
Officer FA: Funny you mention speeding when I haven't said anything yet. I wouldn't be pulling you over for speeding if you were only doing 40.
Officer SS: You were actually doing 48 in a 45 zone. That's why he pulled you over.
TTD: Who cares? The cops are always causing a scene when they pull people over. They should be the ones getting a ticket, not me! I was only speeding, no one was harmed! Semantics! Immature!

Awe did you use your imagination? cute

Thorax The Dark
12-14-2015, 05:11 PM
also i am still commenting along with a lot of others who used to play the game, simply because i can. i spent a lot of time here,a lot of time in paradise. This was a community i was apart of and i will see it out on its last legs. Not to troll people, but because i did have a lot of love for the game. Yes i am not happy with what happened with it, but i'm happy to have the chance to comment my opinion.

Don't play defiance like i used to, but it will always have a small part in my brain. If you really need to ask people why they are still on the forums, go look at the phantasy star universe forums and everquest online forums. Its a pretty simple answer

Mrdr
12-14-2015, 05:24 PM

Not that I really care what you do/did, but you did say "after I left" so to me it implied that you no longer play. I didn't even consider the metaphor, but anyway...back to my own business...

Thorax The Dark
12-14-2015, 08:04 PM
Not that I really care what you do/did, but you did say "after I left" so to me it implied that you no longer play. I didn't even consider the metaphor, but anyway...back to my own business...

Yay more semantics that inevitability sway the topic from the original point. Don't language police usually pick apart words? or am i just reading into this to much (irony).

final rest
12-14-2015, 11:28 PM
this game is still fun, i wish there was more mmo content and less p2w stuff.. they should focus on longevity for the game instead of quick fix stuff like holiday events. expeditions where a good add to the game.. now a new siege someplace and major shrill arkfalls would help. maybe replace old siege locations that ppl dont really do as much

AltaWicked
12-15-2015, 07:25 AM
Wicked still has active clan chat, we have all disabled group chat and when it does get quiet if I just say hi on mic people start talking again :) The game would have died for me a long time ago if not for the people I play with every day. We can hit stage 10 in sieges when we get together, kill WM 9/10 times, and clan are the only real competition left to fight in pvp but we still love it and try out new tactics on each other :) Anyone on Xbox EU who thinks the game is dead, message me for an invite, maybe we can bring it to life for you ;) Check out our clan page Wickeddefiance.clanwebsite.com

Thorax The Dark
12-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Wicked still has active clan chat, we have all disabled group chat and when it does get quiet if I just say hi on mic people start talking again :) The game would have died for me a long time ago if not for the people I play with every day. We can hit stage 10 in sieges when we get together, kill WM 9/10 times, and clan are the only real competition left to fight in pvp but we still love it and try out new tactics on each other :) Anyone on Xbox EU who thinks the game is dead, message me for an invite, maybe we can bring it to life for you ;) Check out our clan page Wickeddefiance.clanwebsite.com

Clans, few good thing this game has left, if you have a good group of people to play with then this game still can be fun for some people. but i can argue if you have ten friends with you watching paint dry, i feel like it would still be fun as opposed to watching it dry by yourself.

Hunter0
03-19-2016, 08:47 AM
Death is nigh..!!

God no, am I the only one that remembers Midsummer Mutiny? the rushed NFH rehash only worse (which I didn't think possible until I played it), drops so bad t3s were sought after, 2 JPs for the whole event that were each only obtainable the same week they were showcased as being in bitstore crates. Personally I never want to see a rerun of that crap, it made me walk away for 3 months last time it was that disgusting.

If it su**s like last time then Oh lord, we will need to wait till October the 30th ?! I don't think i'll wait for that.

Also after Armistice they should make a 10 days shrill event at the end of may. Or It certainly will be a ghost town.

Quarter of a year with nothing to do in defiance. Supposing midsummer turns out to be good. If it su**s then yes till the 30th of October, means 6 months of emptiness.

Bonehead
03-19-2016, 09:25 PM
<------ still laughing

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy2_zps0fcc3a88.gif

Bonehead
03-19-2016, 09:28 PM
None of you are real people! Your all versions of my subconscious trying to drive me crazy!

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy1_zps02b0566a.gif

hempman
03-20-2016, 07:32 AM
Yeah I imagine being on a lifeboat, in a trance, being pulled down by the undertow.. good times.
if you check the bitstore,i think they sell paddles.
but,of course,each paddle is sold separately..........and then theres the lifejacket bundle,thats extra too...
the sharks are free tho...

Johnny Gatt
03-20-2016, 08:23 AM
if you check the bitstore,i think they sell paddles.
but,of course,each paddle is sold separately..........and then theres the lifejacket bundle,thats extra too...
the sharks are free tho...

You cannot buy the paddles directly, you have to get the seperate 'Up The Creek' bundle, which gives you a 'chance' at getting a paddle.

Bentu
03-20-2016, 08:29 AM
You cannot buy the paddles directly, you have to get the seperate 'Up The Creek' bundle, which gives you a 'chance' at getting a paddle.

LMFAO ................Char10

hempman
03-21-2016, 07:41 AM
o man u win the Internet!!
im so borrowing that for my siggy too lol!

Johnny Gatt
03-21-2016, 07:50 AM
o man u win the Internet!!
im so borrowing that for my siggy too lol!

Go for it LOL.